Author Topic: Cabela's Ad  (Read 1856 times)

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
Cabela's Ad
« on: May 17, 2022, 10:16:50 AM »
 ;)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Cabela's Ad
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 10:19:30 AM »
Hahaha there might be 20 black families that would spend a day at the lake and not shoot some people. What a crock of shit.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 10:38:50 AM »
I love black only Subaru commercials that involve camping

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 10:39:47 AM »
The real ad needs the fat, redneck guys, drinking beer, downing shots, smoking, etc.
This fakeness is comical..

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 11:11:18 AM »
Bullshit ad! We know blacks don’t swim or camp. Come on man!
T

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 12:46:28 PM »
What is the point of advertising to a crowd that will never buy your products? Why be woke when it is no benefit?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 12:53:37 PM »
What is the point of advertising to a crowd that will never buy your products? Why be woke when it is no benefit?

You don’t think black people wear life vests?

It’s a good question though; maybe the thought is if you push an idea long it will seem normal and then eventually you will have new customers?

Or use the black family to make boating cool and then whites and other groups will like boats?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 12:58:42 PM »

It’s a good question though; maybe the thought is if you push an idea long it will seem normal and then eventually you will have new customers?

Or use the black family to make boating cool and then whites and other groups will like boats?
They better if they are on the lake because they sure don't swim. It is strange that black Americans aren't more into outdoor nature activities when they came from Africa which is about the most natural environment you can find.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 01:00:41 PM »
They better if they are on the lake because they sure don't swim. It is strange that black Americans aren't more into outdoor nature activities when they came from Africa which is about the most natural environment you can find.

There are so many jokes.....

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 01:05:23 PM »
I take it none of you have ever been to the Deep South, plenty of black folks that love hunting & fishing down there

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 01:22:25 PM »
I take it none of you have ever been to the Deep South, plenty of black folks that love hunting & fishing down there

yes, but they dont look like the folks pictured in Cabela's ad...

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 02:41:23 PM »
They do it so they can get a higher ESG rating. This is now required for businesses to thrive.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 02:51:25 PM »
Cabela crowds.  Find the black person.  You are more likely to find Waldo or Carmen Sandiego. 

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2022, 02:52:51 PM »
;D
T

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2022, 03:27:24 PM »

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2022, 04:48:58 PM »
So, there is a massive corporate, media and, most important, government "push" for diversity.  Strike that. The new word is EQUITY. Equity essentially means treating certain people (or 'protected classes') with a preference and telling the remaining people that it is equality.

Equity is "leveling the playing field" in other words giving advantages to people who were historically at a disadvantage. They used to call it AFFIRMATIVE ACTION but that was struck down-rightfully so- as unconstitutional.  So now governments stress making decisions with an "equity lense" so most cities, governments, corporations, and organi!ations have whats called a "racial equity plan" as a work around. These plans favor just about anything that provides "opportunities " for historically disadvantaged people. Combined with totolitarian Harrassment and Desrimination rules that categorize everyone into a "protected class" it is the very definition of instituionalized racism. Although the forces involved will scream at the top of their lungs thats whites reap all the privileges of institutional racism nothing could be further from the truth.

But Why?

I dont know. But ill tell you how it gets done.

Take any failing organization, municipality or corporation and "incentivize" equity plans. What does that mean? Grant money. Any organization thats choking on a budget crisis (take police agencies for example since defunding is so popular) a large agency that is suffocating on expenses can apply to the federal government for grant money - provided that some or all of that money is used to hire, promote, advance, increase diversity and equity.

Grants exist for all reasons but progressing equity is a common theme. Further its "grant" is another word for "incentivizing" which is another word for coercion.

Don't want to go with the program? Don't need funding? Not buying the bullshit? Thats fine but its only a matter of time before a media source, that is in need of funding, targets you or your business and you wind up cancelled by the woke mob.

What you get is a police agency of POC and women
A swimsuit issue with a Buffalo on the cover, bonus points for mentioning its POC protected class
A man named as sportswoman of the year
Under reporting of the NY subway shooter and Wakesha sp.? Wisconsin racist christmas parade maniac
Over reporting of tge Buffalo shooter and Charlotte white nationalist assholes.
A tranny in chief and pronoun driven army

Etc etc ad nauseum.

Post Script:

Cabelas in all likelihood doesn't supply the creative content of tgeir ad campaign.

An ad firm like Weiden&Kennedy does.

Neither cabelas or weiden kennedy are recieving funding BUT uou can bet that Weidens group of talent and advertising creators are all recent graduates of liberal institutions (re:Colleges - that are also drowning in debt)that DID recieve such biased funding to push this insane and divisive agenda. So one way or another you end up with a polluted product.

Additionally POC's dont always benefit either: imagine being black AND being supremely qualified with appropriate experience for a position only to be stigmatized as "The Diversity hire." Nothing is more toxic to professional development.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2022, 04:54:03 PM »
So, there is a massive corporate, media and, most important, government "push" for diversity.  Strike that. The new word is EQUITY. Equity essentially means treating certain people (or 'protected classes') with a preference and telling the remaining people that it is equality.

Equality is "leveling the playing field" in other words giving advantages to people who were historically at a disadvantage. They used to call it AFFIRMATIVE ACTION but that was struck down-rightfully so- as unconstitutional.  So now governments stress making decisions with an "equity lense" so most cities, governments, corporations, and organi!ations have whats called a "racial equity plan" as a work around. These plans favor just about anything that provides "opportunities " for historically disadvantaged people. Combined with totolitarian Harrassment and Desrimination rules that categorize everyone into a "protected class" it is the very definition of instituionalized racism. Although the forces involved will scream at the top of their lungs thats whites reap all the privileges of institutional racism nothing could be further from the truth.

But Why?

I dont know. But ill tell you how it gets done.

Take any failing organization, municipality or corporation and "incentivize" equity plans. What does that mean? Grant money. Any organization thats choking on a budget crisis (take police agencies for example since defunding is so popular) a large agency that is suffocating on expenses can apply to the federal government for grant money - provided that some or all of that money is used to hire, promote, advance, increase diversity and equity.

Grants exist for all reasons but progressing equity is a common theme. Further its "grant" is another word for "incentivizing" which is another word for coercion.

Don't want to go with the program? Don't need funding? Not buying the bullshit? Thats fine but its only a matter of time before a media source, that is in need of funding, targets you or your business and you wind up cancelled by the woke mob.

What you get is a police agency of POC and women
A swimsuit issue with a Buffalo on the cover, bonus points for mentioning its POC protected class
A man named as sportswoman of the year
Under reporting of the NY subway shooter and Wakesha sp.? Wisconsin racist christmas parade maniac
Over reporting of tge Buffalo shooter and Charlotte white nationalist assholes.
A tranny in chief and pronoun driven army

Etc etc ad nauseum.

Everbody wants equality until the UPenn women’s swim team gets off the bus…

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2022, 05:01:20 PM »
There are hundreds of Black people who enjoy camping.

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2022, 05:20:41 PM »
100% need the lifejackets...   i spent 3 days of boot camp helping the DI's haul chocolate recruits from the depths of the pool.  Sank.like.rocks....  :)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2022, 05:20:56 PM »

I believe their way of thinking, is that black people don’t do these things because they don’t see people that look like them in the ads, and thus, remain disinterested. We’ll see in a few years if this “woke” advertising leads to real changes in behavior. It may not be wasted money after all.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2022, 05:30:47 PM »

I believe their way of thinking, is that black people don’t do these things because they don’t see people that look like them in the ads, and thus, remain disinterested. We’ll see in a few years if this “woke” advertising leads to real changes in behavior. It may not be wasted money after all.

Nice take. Hopefully you are right.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2022, 06:57:59 PM »

Nice take. Hopefully you are right.

I had the take first.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2022, 11:25:49 PM »
Bullshit ad! We know blacks don’t swim or camp. Come on man!

No but they will turn up at grandma's house while the familiy is away camping and be ready to take nana down for some ice cream change

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2022, 02:20:30 AM »
I know Bo Jackson loves to hunt and fish. So does Karl Malone.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2022, 02:43:46 AM »
I had the take first.

Sorry hoss, I hadn’t read your post and came to that conclusion on my own. Great minds and all, I guess.

I’ll see myself out now. ;D