Author Topic: Stories - Your favorite stories re pros / legends  (Read 550749 times)

Milly

Re: Tell your favorite stories re pros/legends
« Reply #900 on: July 04, 2005, 12:50:39 PM »
the training room at carlaw and lakeshore

you from toronto Bossa

I worked for a brief period at alfies on the danforth in 1999

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #901 on: July 04, 2005, 01:10:29 PM »
Yes I am.  Just north of the city now.  I used to go to the danforth all the time (gf wanted to be with her people lol).  Weer you a trainer there? I used to work for Can-Fit

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #902 on: July 04, 2005, 01:30:53 PM »
Geo....this board is not for you.....

you can never be taken seriously.

ok........

now you're pissin me off !!!!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #903 on: July 04, 2005, 01:48:43 PM »
It's the 4th so how about a little credit for our guys in Uniform out of uniform .........

These shots were taken of friends competing in a recent Armed Forces contest ........

A few of these guys are presently overseas fighting the war.

One thing about a military contest, whomever wins , everyone claps.

And the losers never complain.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #904 on: July 04, 2005, 01:53:46 PM »
Army SWAT.

619Rules

« Reply #905 on: July 04, 2005, 02:27:50 PM »
I was with rick the night before he went to boot camp (in the army)  and his aim was to join the a rangers and we got totally hammered here in oceanside,well the next day he reported to boot camp whick at the time was being held in solana beach and they told him the made and error on some of his paper work (appeantly the corrected his ASVAB wrong or something.......

well.......

long story short he changed his mind about actually jumping out of planes  so elected to go into the air force so that he could fix them (the Air Force) instead...

I hav'nt talked to rick in close to a year but I hear he's doing well in Northern California growing garlic up in Gilroy or somewhere

Thanks GEO, now I know you are bullshitting........Boot Camp in Solana Beach???? Or did you mean Bel Air/Beverly Hills ;D ;D

I am also sure Rick is growing garlic...lol... ;D ;D

That is a good one...you obviously know Gilroy is the Garlic Capitol of the World...but do you know which city is the artichoke capitol of the world?....Hint-it is in CA...maybe Rick goes there on the weekends ;D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #906 on: July 04, 2005, 02:32:28 PM »
Thanks GEO, now I know you are bullshitting........Boot Camp in Solana Beach???? Or did you mean Bel Air/Beverly Hills ;D ;D

I am also sure Rick is growing garlic...lol... ;D ;D

That is a good one...you obviously know Gilroy is the Garlic Capitol of the World...but do you know which city is the artichoke capitol of the world?....Hint-it is in CA...maybe Rick goes there on the weekends ;D

Geo is always bullshitting.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #907 on: July 04, 2005, 03:17:31 PM »

I used to live in hollister

castroville

619Rules

« Reply #908 on: July 04, 2005, 05:34:07 PM »
I used to live in hollister

castroville

We have a winner! ;D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #909 on: July 04, 2005, 07:34:34 PM »
More military shots..... Chris and Jolene are good friends of mine living in Reno now and most of the other guys this military contest have gotten out or are overseas.

It's kind of cool posting these pictures and recalling the good times when we all got together to down some beers and good food on the weekends while other friends were getting shipped out or returning from very strange places where camels were the preferred mode of transportation.

A combat zone on the 4th of July is kind of interesting. The word goes out that no one is to fire their weapons, but somehow the sky always gets filled up with luminaries once it gets dark on the 4th of July. It's kind of like the American thing to do I guess.

I don't know if you guys overseas read this shit, but if ya do.......... Happy 4th of July to all of ya! And come home safe!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #910 on: July 04, 2005, 07:43:33 PM »
You know I have been to a few Bb contest at Pearl Harbor and the excitement and support they sho every single competitor is unmatched anywhere.  It is awesome.  It is so neat when a Navy guy comes up evrery navy person yelling.  when an Army comes up all the Army starts yelling.  They compete to see who yells louder.  It is really great.  Most shows the audience just sits there. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #911 on: July 04, 2005, 07:46:19 PM »
Semper Fi...... 4th of July.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #912 on: July 04, 2005, 09:49:59 PM »
Great to report that Dan Decker (bodybydecker.com) won the Venice Beach Contest today.

He hit the scale at 205 and competed against about 30 other contestants (I was not there so this is based on his estimate) and won the overall and the best poser.

After all was over and the photos were shot, he and his friends went to the Firehouse for a decent meal (chicken and rice I bet) and then back home in that Sunday LA holiday traffic.

Did anyone attend and take photos?

Here are a couple I took last April when he was initially thinking about entering.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #913 on: July 04, 2005, 10:26:51 PM »
Dan-O, there was a young guy from Sandy Utah a while back who got a lot of publicity in some of the national magazines for a short while but suddently dropped out of sight.

Got any idea who I may be talking about?

I have no idea!  I was sorta out of the loop for a few years.  Who was it?

Milly

« Reply #914 on: July 05, 2005, 04:26:10 AM »
Yes I am.  Just north of the city now.  I used to go to the danforth all the time (gf wanted to be with her people lol).  Weer you a trainer there? I used to work for Can-Fit

no not at all, just worked the front desk part time 30hrs a week on top of my reg job, took care of the people sold memberships(not the bs hard sell way)

that gym alfies opened in 1949

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #915 on: July 05, 2005, 08:44:40 AM »
No idea, Dan-O, that's why I asked.

Taking off for a month or so. Enjoy the summer.

Check out Graphicmuscle.com for some new shots of Dan Decker who just won the Venice Beach contest this past weekend.

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #916 on: July 05, 2005, 08:47:58 AM »
hey Stunt do you have any Bertil Fox stories? he was one of my favorites from back in the day.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #917 on: July 05, 2005, 09:47:02 AM »

no not at all, just worked the front desk part time 30hrs a week on top of my reg job, took care of the people sold memberships(not the bs hard sell way)

that gym alfies opened in 1949
I've never been to Alphies...There is one gym (name escapes me) and I knew girl that worked front desk right in greektown...

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #918 on: July 05, 2005, 09:49:17 AM »
Hey Onlyme, I was on another site and they had a thread about the Barbarian brotehrs.  One guy posted that Lyle Alzado beat up both of them at the same time...do you know anything about this? You ever see Alzado in the gym? Basicaly he said that Barbarians were house sitting for him and had parties and things got stolen so he confronted them and asked them to come into parking lot and one endedup knocked out

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #919 on: July 05, 2005, 10:56:13 AM »
hey Stunt do you have any Bertil Fox stories? he was one of my favorites from back in the day.

I'm not Stunt but I have my Bertil story I told here before.  It had to have been either 79' or 80'  I was training at the original World Gym.  I was with Kal Skylak(?), Tony Nowak and several others.  This huge black guy comes in and everyone looks at him walking across the gym floor towards the street side where the windows were.  Kal starts to go crazy telling everyone that is Bertil Fox.

This guy is HUGE!  So he stands there and is kind of strectching while looking out the window,  Kal is continuing to tell everyone it's Bertil Fox.  The bench presses were over in front of the windows.  Back then the mindset was, if you can't lift what is on the bar then take it off yourself.  Unlike today, where they like you to take the weight off the bar when you are done.

Well not sure who had just finished but there was 500 lbs on the bar even.  Bertil sits on the end of the bench and starts to stretch more.  Now I would say 90% of the gym is looking at him.  Well he lays down on the bench and does a little more stretching and then grabs the bar.

He pulls himself up a couple times and then hangs his arms down to stretch some more.  Now just about everyone is looking. He grabs the bar and lifts it off the rack then lets it down.  I'm sure everyone was thinking like me, no way is he going to do that with no warm-up.  Then he does it again.  But this time he lowers and I swear to god he did 4 or 5 reps and racked it like it was nothing!

You how people stare at you at the gym when you are lifting allot of weight but when you turn around everyone looks away like they weren't looking at you.  This was so funny cause that what happened.  But, now I am thinking (cause I have done this)  I think he saw us all looking at him in the reflection of the window.  Anyway, that is my only Bertil srory.  He trained there several times I'm sure but only remember this time.

Hey Onlyme, I was on another site and they had a thread about the Barbarian brotehrs. One guy posted that Lyle Alzado beat up both of them at the same time...do you know anything about this? You ever see Alzado in the gym? Basicaly he said that Barbarians were house sitting for him and had parties and things got stolen so he confronted them and asked them to come into parking lot and one endedup knocked out

Now with this Lyle story.  But first is is another. I grew up in Manhattan Beach where Lyle lived two blocks down from me.  The Raider camp was in El Segundo, the next town over.  He bought a Rolls Royce identical to a friend of mine.  Max Rep you know who I am talking about.  He came into Tequillie Willies almost everyday.  Always wore bermuda shorts with sandles and a nice dinner jacket.  he was filthy rich.  he lived in Manhattan but I saw his house in Camelback, AZ and it was huge!  Anyway, the Rolls was special color blue convertible.  Lyle used to like to go to Rolling Hills by the haunted church and hike the hills and go down to the ocean.  Well one day he came back to his car after his walk and his Rolls was gone.  I remember in the interview he said he would go their to hike cause he felt no one would bother his car since everyone there had a Rolls.

It was all over the news and in the papers.  A long story short (if that's possible for me).  After the incident, My friend used to get pulled over, he told me, sometimes 5 or more times by the police thinking it was Lyle's car.  ANyway, that was that story. 

Remember Max all the Raiders would come into the club all the time.  Matt Millen was huge.  I also got to be kind of friends with Howie Long.  Howie used to hang with this guy who was the husband to Lindsay Wagner the six million dollar girl.  he was a famous stuntman.  Howie used to tell me I was the craziest guy he had ever met.  I felt good about that compliment.

About the twins story.  I was not there.  But the story I heard from Bob Sear or Ron Gibson or Jim Flarety (I can't remember, maybe all three).  They told me the twins were mistreating the equipment at the gym (Gold's).  Lyle was very close to Pete G.  I guess Lyle got pissed off and they said something to him and he went ballastic and knocked out on e of them.  I heard the other just stood there, then left.  He didn't want no part of Lyle.  This is what I heard, so I don't know if true or not.  Bob was the twins best friend back then.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #920 on: July 05, 2005, 11:07:15 AM »
Ya I would say ALzado was not someone you would want to mess with.  If you have ever seen that movie destroyer with anthony Perkins he was ENORMOUS in that.  Had to have been 300 lbs.  Plus he was notorious for being a little off his rocker (quotes like "I never met a man I didn't want to fight) and he had an amateur boxing background.  I believe he went something like 8-10 rounds in an exhibition in the late 70's with Ali.  I would love to know what kinda weight he tossed around in the gym.  Somewhere I have the muscle and fitness issue with him being trained by Fred Hatfield for his comeback which never really happened. 

Milly

« Reply #921 on: July 05, 2005, 11:11:32 AM »
I've never been to Alphies...There is one gym (name escapes me) and I knew girl that worked front desk right in greektown...

what was her first name(might be my ex gf lol)

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #922 on: July 05, 2005, 11:17:49 AM »
what was her first name(might be my ex gf lol)

Josianne (sp?) I think she would be 25 or 26...I used to work with her and knew her brother

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #923 on: July 05, 2005, 12:23:27 PM »
hey onlyme you may have heard this story about Alzado but in an old issue of MD, John Romano said that he was training at Golds with Lyle when he was making his Raiders comeback and they were training legs and doing a bunch of supersets, well leg extensions was one of the exercises they were doing and Lyle came to the leg extension and some real little guy was sitting on it repping with like 40 or 50 pounds and Lyle says to the guy i was using that and the dude gives him a dirty look and says wait till i'm finished, so :yle waits for a minute and the guy stays on the machine and says something like, what are you going to do about it and Alzado picks the guy off of the machine and throws him like 10 feet, it turns out that the guy was a lawyer and ended up sueing Lyle and the gym.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #924 on: July 05, 2005, 12:27:14 PM »
Re: Alzado's Strength.

Apparently, Alzado for many years was'nt all that strong relative to his size. There use to be a "strongest man" contest for NFL players, I believe Alzado bowed out of a few events at the last minute during the 1982 event rather than take last place.

From a few accounts, this hurt his ego, and caused him to really bust his hump in the gym in the years after that contest.

For what it's worth, the late 70's-early 80's Steelers were probably the players in the league.