Author Topic: Stories - Your favorite stories re pros / legends  (Read 550756 times)

Milly

Re: Tell your favorite stories re pros/legends
« Reply #950 on: July 11, 2005, 09:36:05 AM »
I have to say thanks to this thread you guys put a smile on the bald mans face

I just quit my job of 14 years(well I refused to quit I told them to f-king fire me). any ways I have been a bit cranky lately and things like this thread can cheer a man up

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #951 on: July 12, 2005, 10:24:51 AM »
"NACHINE"??

Milly, good to see that this works for you.

With "Only" in possession of his new and only computer, we should be hearing more great stuff. But he builds great web sites for a living sometimes, so it  could be on a part time basis until he gets them done.

I'm planning to attend the NPC Central Valley(NoCal) contest this weekend and hope to have some amateur pictures to post here soon. I have a feeling that the teen winner will have the initials WF and will fill in those details once it is over.

And speaking of Superheros, I got dragged off to see Fantastic Four last nite and all except one of those fantastic characters is boreing as hell.  I'll leave it to you to guess which one would not put you to sleep within a two minute conversation.

Only, you could have played "The Thing" real well.

619Rules

« Reply #952 on: July 12, 2005, 10:36:42 AM »
I would love to sleep with Invisible Woman Jessica Alba..........and make invisible and musclular little babies ;D

Milly2Pac

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #953 on: July 14, 2005, 10:23:05 AM »
I screwed up my milly account the other day when I entered the wrong email by mistake(it was an old one trying to change from my work one)

so here is my new name for now at least

I recall I think Only me mantion Don Muraco the original Rock

He was a pretty big dude and I was a huge fan back in the early to mid 80

whatever happened to him and is he doing well

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #954 on: July 14, 2005, 11:20:02 AM »
I used to see Don all the time but haven't in a few years.  I do see him on TV here promoting Hawaii Wrestling.  It is really bad.  From being at the very top of that world to do what he does now must really be humbling to him.  He looks kind of old and lost allot of weight.  He lives on the North Shore.  He was always really nice to me.  He had incredible traps and shoulder width and thickness when he wrestled.  I will try to find a pic of him.  He was huge.

I forgot something.  Remember that huge vein he had going across his upper chest.  I loved that.  And when I got big I was so proud I had that vein.  Also, I had allot of veins in my forearms even in high school.  I thought you had to have veins to be strong.  I remember one day my mom looking at me looking at my forearms and veins.  She said you know that doesn't make you strong.  You know Paul down at the bank.  He has no viens and doesn't even look like he works out but he is strong.  He can do 2 finger pushups.

I remeber too my mom had one of those square boards that would spin around when you stood on it and twisted.  She would watch Jack Lalanne and workout with him every morning before leaving for her kick back job.  Too bad she was ugly.  But she was small.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #955 on: July 17, 2005, 02:24:38 PM »
Had a short talk with Ed Corney yesterday while attending the Central Valley Bodybuilding Championships in Plesanton, California. He looks great and is doing well.

As I expected, Will Furner (19) won the Teen Age Class and has a hell of a great bodybuilding career ahead of him. He entered yesterday at 193 after a big wt drop from a previous 250 lbs. He was a high school heavyweight wrestler who was told to drop his bodyweight and then found out that he could be a great bodybuilder, so that is his main intertest as of now.

Greg Tucks won the Masters Class and was definitely the  best competitor in the whole contest.

Both of them are heading off to the Teen and Masters Nationals this week and should be doing well.

Congrats, Will and Greg!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #956 on: July 17, 2005, 02:42:18 PM »
Here is a pic of Muraco.  I love the vein,  And it is bigger is other pics.  I liked it most when I did any shrugs or highpulls. 

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #957 on: July 17, 2005, 06:10:24 PM »
he was thick, hey onlyme did you ever meet Tony Atlas back in the day, he was also a thick dude.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #958 on: July 17, 2005, 08:22:42 PM »
No I never met Tony Atlas but I sure remember him.  He was the best built wrestler back then.  Ivan Putski,  Paul Orndorf, even Jimmy Snuka had great builds.  I was built allot like DOn though.  I always described myself as looking like an off season BB.  I only had 4 abs at the most but my upper body always looked good.  I always had a kind of bubble butt according to the girls.  Looked okay in Calvin's and Cavaricchi's.  Nig John was built but in person he was just huge.  A great guy too.  He taught me how to eat lobster in Miami.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #959 on: July 18, 2005, 09:00:49 AM »
How bout Pepe Gomez? (Spelling may not be accurate.)

I used to train beside Don "Hot Pants" Moraco when he was a kid and first starting to train seriously. He could have been one hell of a great bodybuilder but he went the more profitable wrestling route instead.

The place was called Dean's Gym on the  cornor of John Ena Road and Kalakaua in Waikiki  and you wern't allowed to train there unless you could bench 300+.

It's now a vacant lot where they do car detailing and occasional sales.

Dean's was a very small, primative place but it was hard core all the way. A lot of the pro wrestlers trained there.

After those wrestling matches at the "civic", we'd all head over to Hot Dog Annie's which was a little hot dog counter in one of the store fronts on Kalakaua a bit Mauka of Kapiolani Blvd. and some of us "local" guys would get in verbal arguments with the pro wrestlers that would make good story for the local newspapers. It was all a "fix" to get that free publicity and a lot of fun.

"Hot Dog Annie" loved it too. SHe was a colorful character and would keep that little hot dog stand open from 8 PM till midnight and all the other local characters would make an appearence and buy a dog and keep her in business. It was Showtime every night.

Annie was a far out  and famous lady for a number of years and would show up at every opening in Waikiki. She always dressed "classy" but wierd as hell.

I heard that she passed away in some Hollywood hotel back in the 80's.

God bless Hot Dog Annie and Pepe Gomez and all those other old time characters who made life real interesting way back then. They all lived it to the hilt.

619Rules

« Reply #960 on: July 18, 2005, 02:18:04 PM »
No I never met Tony Atlas...He was the best built wrestler back then...  Paul Orndorf, even Jimmy Snuka had great builds. 

"Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorf had a great build.

Back in the 80's there were really only a few of the wrasslers that had the BBer look. Paul and Tony Atlas both did.

Lex Luger of WBF fame also looked good. Today it is almost madatory that you have a good build with low BF%.

The wrassler Warlock.Warlord? was big, about 6'6 and 300 and he came into Gold's San Diego in the mid 80's and put 315 on th ebench and slammed it 20 times for a warm up-which was impressive, but he did not have a BBer look-just big like Lyle Alzado.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #961 on: July 18, 2005, 05:13:05 PM »
Ultimate Warrior .....that guy was very vascular

Scott Steiner is another

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #962 on: July 18, 2005, 07:54:05 PM »
I met Lex Luger when he came to Honolulu when we did the MDA thing.  I was the spokesperson.  I have a pic of us.  I have to scan some more pics and put them up. And yes in his day he was built as was the Ultimate Warrior who was awesome.  I forgot the "Rocks" dad Rockky Johnson was built too.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #963 on: July 18, 2005, 08:09:25 PM »
the L.O.D./Road warriors both had powerful builds as well...I always thought Animal looked like a tank.  I hear Jim "the anvil" Neidhart was strong as an ox in his day as well

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #964 on: July 19, 2005, 03:33:17 PM »
hey onlyme did you ever meet any of the Von Erics i heard those guys were strong as well.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #965 on: July 19, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
I knew Kevin Von Eric for a short time while he was starting off in Hawaii many years ago. He could have also been a great bodybuilder. I do recall taking my young nephews out to have lunch with Kevin once or twice. They were thrilled.

Can anyone post the story about the Von Eric tragedies that happened more than once?

Thanks.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #966 on: July 19, 2005, 04:43:53 PM »
Coming up this weekend is the NPC Teen / Masters National Championships.

I "call on" Greg Tuck of Marin County to win the masters and Will Furner to do exceptionally well in the Teens.

Other than that, I know not of what I speak.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #967 on: July 19, 2005, 05:46:50 PM »
Hey Stunt,

any more cool pictures?

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #968 on: July 19, 2005, 07:56:08 PM »
hey stunt, Greg Tuck used to run a gym i used to train at, i've heard he's a pretty wild dude.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #969 on: July 19, 2005, 07:56:50 PM »
No never met the Von Erics.  Remember JOhn Tolles(?) Met him quite a few times while in the valley training at Powerhouse.  He is so funny and some great stories.  Remember when he threw the powder in Freddie Blassies eyes

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #970 on: July 20, 2005, 03:44:39 PM »
Kay, great to see you posting on here.

Yes, Knny, I got tons more photos but I will not be at home for a while so I am using the State's computer. Only ratted on me and I am in the State Penal System for a couple of days, (Kidden!!)

But I will post more pics once I get back home. I am presently climbing mountain peaks ...
Small mountain peaks to be exact. We were planning a trip to Katmandu but that fell through due to some political adversities, so we have to settle with Mt Tamalpias and KT-22 and Desolation Valley up by Lake Tahoe (Pyramid Peak?).

Once off the heights we plan a gold panning expidition for a few days and then a drive to Las Vegas to support some friends in the USA.

I'll have photos of all this stuff and will post those that are appropriate for the subject matter as soon as I return.

Anyone going to the Masters/Teens this coming weekend?

Mirz, Greg is definitely a fanatic when it comes to training and is definitely the best built 50 year old bodybuilder that I have ever seen . It is really gonna be interesting to see how he places this weekend. I shot him two days after his Central Valley win and he was unbelievable for a Centurion divided by 2.

He is presently training at World's in Marin County (Tiburon) at one of the best equipped gyms I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot). It used to belong to Dr John Gargot. And that's makes this post appropriate for this page.  Did I spell that right??? (Gargaut???)

Some good history there but I forgot that part of the game. Any help??

619Rules

« Reply #971 on: July 21, 2005, 01:22:12 AM »

Mirz, Greg is definitely a fanatic when it comes to training and is definitely the best built 50 year old bodybuilder that I have ever seen . It is really gonna be interesting to see how he places this weekend. I shot him two days after his Central Valley win and he was unbelievable for a Centurion divided by 2.

He is presently training at World's in Marin County (Tiburon) at one of the best equipped gyms I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot). It used to belong to Dr John Gargot. And that's makes this post appropriate for this page.  Did I spell that right??? (Gargaut???)

Stunt, are you sure the World Gym is in Tiburon? In San Anselmo there is a gym that was one of the very first World Gyms, like the 3rd or 4th. It is on Sir Francis Drake Blvd directly across the street from College of Marin. But they changed the name of it some time ago to I think MegaFlex Gym.

Find out if this is the gym your buddie is trainign at!

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #972 on: July 21, 2005, 04:05:29 AM »
Stunt, I suspect you mean Dr. John Gourgott. :)

Unfortunately he passed away at age 62, and thethird anniversary of his death will be on the 28th of this month.

bigragu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #973 on: July 21, 2005, 07:58:11 AM »
Yes, his name was Dr. John Gourgott, otherwise known as Dr. John to all the members. He was a great guy and tough as nails. His gym was the first gym I ever worked out in 20 years ago. He has alot of history behind him with the iron ( Teen Mr. America 1958). He even beat the great Sergio Oliva in the 1964 Mr. America ( He placed 2nd and Sergio placed 7th! ). He was the only guy I ever saw do complete on-handed chin-ups like they were nothing ( truly only with one hand ). He ruled that gym with an iron fist - his motto was "No music - just pure sweat!" He kept that gym running with the best equipment and atmosphere. He truly was missed, however his spirit still permeates throughout his gym and will always be there guiding others as they travel down the iron path. It was first located on Sir Francis Drake Blvd, Kentfield for many years and has since re-located to Corte Madera alongside Hwy 101. Stop by if you ever get a chance as the experience will be one you will not forget.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #974 on: July 24, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »
Thanks, Joe and Big Ragu, for the Dr John correction.

Rules, the World Gym that I am told was his is now located on Paradise Drive in a relatively small shopping center. It is located between Highway 101 and the San Francisco Bay. I think it is in the Tiburon area because a friend of mine trains there and lives in Tiburon on the Bay roughly two miles from the gym. But it could be San Anselmo or Corte Madera as I don't know where one ends and the other begins.

Regardless, it is one of the most impressive gyms that I have ever seen with a shitload of impressive equipment with an impressive aerobics area in the upstairs loft area.

Greg Tuck called and told me that he won his wt class in the Seniors' Nationals. I believe that possibly makes him eligible to turn Pro but I am not completely up to date on the Masters' events. Any help?

Will Furner entered the teens but failed to place in the top five but that only made him more determined to train harder and make improvements. You'll be hearing that name often in the next few years.