Author Topic: Stories - Your favorite stories re pros / legends  (Read 550764 times)

619Rules

Re: Tell your favorite stories re pros/legends
« Reply #975 on: August 20, 2005, 03:19:26 PM »
Stunt- I need a CD with all of your muscle beach/Gold's Gym/Santa Monica pictures on it. How can we set that up? :-*

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #976 on: August 20, 2005, 08:25:23 PM »
A quick note on the Alzado/Paul Bros. incident.  Just got off the phone with Pete G.  He was there when this happened.  For a time the twins were licing at Lyles house n Brentwood.  At some time David through Peter through a wall in the house.  He apparently broke allot of stuff and nearly took out a huge mirrored wall or something.  Anyway, in the meantime after that Lyle kept askng them to pay for it and they woudln't.  Well Lyle ended up borrowing money from the twins ($50,000).  Well they kept asking him for the money and he wouldn't pay them saying it was payment for the damage.

Well one day the twins were talking shit about Lyle.  Lyle heard it and grabbed David and just pushed him towards the wall.  But actually grabbed him before he hit the wall.  So it wasn't anything big.

Also no wooden plates Pete knew about.  He said there was 3 sets of plastic 45's.  If fact he has a pic of his dad holding them over his head with one hand

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #977 on: August 20, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »
A quick note on the Alzado/Paul Bros. incident.  Just got off the phone with Pete G.  He was there when this happened.  For a time the twins were licing at Lyles house n Brentwood.  At some time David through Peter through a wall in the house.  He apparently broke allot of stuff and nearly took out a huge mirrored wall or something.  Anyway, in the meantime after that Lyle kept askng them to pay for it and they woudln't.  Well Lyle ended up borrowing money from the twins ($50,000).  Well they kept asking him for the money and he wouldn't pay them saying it was payment for the damage.

Well one day the twins were talking shit about Lyle.  Lyle heard it and grabbed David and just pushed him towards the wall.  But actually grabbed him before he hit the wall.  So it wasn't anything big.

Also no wooden plates Pete knew about.  He said there was 3 sets of plastic 45's.  If fact he has a pic of his dad holding them over his head with one hand

cool onlyme.

I wish stunt was back already

>:( 

I heard they were plastic too.  I knew they were fake....& I didn't think they were made from wood.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #978 on: August 21, 2005, 01:57:18 AM »
Stunt should be back in two he said.  Supposed to meet up with Pete at  the Olympia and I am going to get him on Getbig.  He has some unreal stories.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #979 on: August 21, 2005, 12:16:40 PM »
very cool

619Rules

« Reply #980 on: August 21, 2005, 04:29:10 PM »

Wow-interesting story, and funny how the story morhed into a bet gone bad over a Raider game.

Why would the brothers lend anyone 50 grand? Thats a lot of dough-and even more to write off as a bad loan....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #981 on: August 23, 2005, 01:06:20 AM »
Yea I am surprised they had that kind of money too.  Because whenever they got money they spent it.  They got $360,000 for Twin Sitters.  I know that.  They also got paid for a movie they were scheduled to shoot in Iran or somwhere like that.  They got paid up front.  The film ended up never getting shot cause of the was.  The they canned it.  But the twins got to keep the money.  So they made out on that one.

Does anyone remember when the twins had their jeep.  They drove it off the side of the San Diego Freeway and got out and pushed it up the hill back onto the freeway.  The drove that thing like it was an indestructable tank.

619Rules

« Reply #982 on: August 23, 2005, 11:25:28 PM »
Twin Sitters is pretty funny actually.

I really liked their original movie "The Barbarians" though. That show is pretty funny too. They moved to LA in 79 I think and just a few years later they have a big movie deal-not bad!

I am really sort of surprised at how many movies that have put out. I would say at least 10 or more..... :'(

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #983 on: August 24, 2005, 12:06:32 AM »
I like the one where David is a cop and Peter is a thief.  That and Twin Sisters are their best.  Of course the original Barbarians is good.  They made their debut in DC Cab I think.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #984 on: August 24, 2005, 08:40:48 AM »
I like the one where David is a cop and Peter is a thief.  That and Twin Sisters are their best.  Of course the original Barbarians is good.  They made their debut in DC Cab I think.

DC Cab....I think you're right.

Barbarians....that movie was so poorly done.....I thinks thats what makes it funny

619Rules

« Reply #985 on: August 24, 2005, 02:26:42 PM »
I like the one where David is a cop and Peter is a thief. 

They made their debut in DC Cab I think.

David is a cop and Peter is a thief= Double Trouble (decent show-both looking very big in that show-especially their chests-massive).

DC Cab was good, they had small parts, but it was cool. They were really just playing themselfs in DC Cab.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #986 on: August 26, 2005, 02:42:37 PM »
right

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #987 on: August 27, 2005, 12:08:09 PM »
Mr. T became famous when he appeared on an old shwo they had.  It was a "bouncer" competition.  He crashed through the doors and rand the bell the fastest.  He looked really mean too.  Sly saw him and like his look and  attitude for Rocky.  I have met Mr. T a few times on interviews.  He is nice but arrogant at times.  I again saw him at the Hearns/Leonard fight at Caesars Palace.  We were wearing the same jean jacket covered with Austrain Crystals.  When he sees me, he says :nice jacket, copy cat".  I look at him and I say "I got mine first and it was made for me"  He walked away laughing.  That was the last I ever saw him.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #988 on: August 27, 2005, 12:27:45 PM »
Mr. T became famous when he appeared on an old shwo they had.  It was a "bouncer" competition.  He crashed through the doors and rand the bell the fastest.  He looked really mean too.  Sly saw him and like his look and  attitude for Rocky.  I have met Mr. T a few times on interviews.  He is nice but arrogant at times.  I again saw him at the Hearns/Leonard fight at Caesars Palace.  We were wearing the same jean jacket covered with Austrain Crystals.  When he sees me, he says :nice jacket, copy cat".  I look at him and I say "I got mine first and it was made for me"  He walked away laughing.  That was the last I ever saw him.

You should have told him to...

"Shuttup Sucka"

619Rules

« Reply #989 on: August 27, 2005, 11:12:34 PM »
Mr. T's show where he ran thru the door and rang thebell was the first Owrld's Toughest Man competition. Mr was from Cicago and was one bad mother f'er.

You have to admit though that he is a cartoon type charchter.

he was on Howard Stern a few times recently andhe looks good-almost llike he did 25 years ago-has hardly aged. Still tries to play the tough guy too.

I wonder if teh Barbarian Brothers could take him?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #990 on: August 28, 2005, 11:06:47 AM »
Mr. T's show where he ran thru the door and rang thebell was the first Owrld's Toughest Man competition. Mr was from Cicago and was one bad mother f'er.

You have to admit though that he is a cartoon type charchter.

he was on Howard Stern a few times recently andhe looks good-almost llike he did 25 years ago-has hardly aged. Still tries to play the tough guy too.

I wonder if teh Barbarian Brothers could take him?

you drinking dude?

every other word is terribly misspelled

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #991 on: August 28, 2005, 11:22:53 AM »
Mr. T had a good attitude to be bad.  It's to bad he went through the hard times he did.  He was very loose with his money buying things for everyone.  Then when he needed money no one was there.  That was too bad.  Glad he is doing better

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #992 on: August 28, 2005, 11:40:50 AM »
sucka

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #993 on: September 05, 2005, 03:16:34 PM »
Howdy, all! Getting settled back down a bit so I got some free time to spend on this illustrious site.

I was gonna start a new subject but "Only" convinced me to continue on right here and GO FOR IT!

He is a pretty knowledgeable guy so I decided to take his advice. (Knowledgeable because he convinced me that the only problem I had with my non-functioning computer was that it wasn't plugged in)! And sho'nuff, he was right.

When it comes to stuff like that, I ain't too very smart so I always rely on "Only" to solve my basic but stupid problems.

OK, back to business. Had a great trip to various places and saw some sights that are rarely seen by anyone. But most of that is secret shit so if I told ya, I'd have to kill ya, so I gotta limit this to bodybuilding stuff which is more interesting anyway (sometimes).

Tp get myself kicked in the ass again, I read through some of the recent posts on this here site and have come to the conclusion that many of us like to make adverse comments about the state of this "sport" today and adverse comments about some of our foremost pros pertaining to such things as "roid gut", dishonest officials and questionable judging, and questionable personalities.

And let me add "low pay for pros".

We all seem to offer some interesting insights into each of the above, but most of our feelings and comments come from the sidelines. Kind of like looking into the fishbowl and knowing exactly what the fish is thinking and what is best for his welfare.

But the only "guy" who really understands, is the "fish" who is inside that fishbowl 24/7.

Ya gotta really live the lifestyle to fully comprehend the total picture and abide by it or "take arms against a sea of troubles". (Thanks, William)

I recently left that fishbowl so now I can only speak as the guy watching the Kissing Guamis, but I figure I know the fish well enough to offer some intelligent comments every so often and plan to do so until my stupidity takes over.

With that said, I'd like to offer some photos I took (or found elsewhere on the net) of impressive athletes who are currently competing within various amateur levels within the US.

These photos will all have one thing in common ...... and that is a "lack of" what we have come to know as "roid deficiencies" such as extented stomachs, and what some of us refer to as "Palumboism". (One hell of a great person by the way!)

My neice calls most of the Pros .... Bulky Blunders ....... once they reach a certain size, so I will do my best to avoid posting photos of BB's as she so affectionately calls them.

Starten off with the Wonder Kid of the early 90's who made an international name for himself while still a teenager...... Jorge Betancourt. (Photos taken at the 2005 USA Championships in Las Vegas, Nv.)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #994 on: September 05, 2005, 03:28:17 PM »
Jorge, front and back from less than optimistic angles.

Had a great talk with Jorge and his training partner whose name I presently forget. That conversation took place immediately following the prejudging and he was a bit worried that he would not place high enough to appear on stage at  the finals.

A very humble, well spoken guy with a heavy Cuban accent. 

Jorge gave me his website so I could send him these pictures and many others but that card was misplace on some mountain top east of Katmandu, so if anyone has Jorge's website address, please pass it on.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #995 on: September 05, 2005, 03:47:41 PM »
One interesting sideline of any bodybuilding contest is to watch how the guys who don't get "called out" accept the calls. These three athletes gave up a major part of the year to be up there on that stage only for a few brief moments before they were asked to leave.

I know for a fact that the majority of these guys who wait in the sidelines will leave that stage mightily disappointed but with even more determination to do better the next time out.

I can recall many occasions watching the faces of guys like Bob Chic and many other pros and see them "deflate" from the top of their head to the bottom of their toes while they stood on the side hoping to be included in the next group .... or the next ..... or the next.

Only they can tell you what that felt like.

I think this picuture captures a bit of that in the faces of these three athletes waiting on the sidelines who never did get that call that they worked so hard for.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #996 on: September 05, 2005, 03:57:03 PM »
An impressive USA contender whose name I don't recall. Any help? (Or is this an L.A. contender the week earlier?)

Sad to say that I have seen many BB athletes with this man's potential leave the "sport" because they feel that they just can't face up to the task of competing against the Pros of today.

Might be a good idea to simply devise "levels of competition" that would allow athletes to compete on different levels of competition other than amateur/pro/and various wt. classes.

Anyone want to help me think on this and come up with a possible solution? Does this make any sense to anyone? No time to clarify.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #997 on: September 05, 2005, 04:24:38 PM »
Hey, Only! Pete introduced me to Mr T. at the Sands Hotel in Las Vegas when he promoted the USA there a long while back. (Did he actually promote that contest?)

I recall Pete's daughter was there too and must have been about 12 or 13.

Mr T wore a ton of gold chains around his neck and on his wrists and had some darn impressive rings if I recall right.

I hope he's doing well. Any way you know of where we can email him and send him our best regards? He did a great job making himself a STAR!

Pete kept on telling me to keep an eye on him and watch how he WORKS THE ROOM. That was the first time I heard that expression. Must be a Hollywood thang.

He worked it good!

I got photos of all of us in a group so I'll have to conduct a search in an attempt to get them posted here. Stand by to Stand by.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #998 on: September 05, 2005, 05:00:07 PM »
Rumor about the Rumors .............. !

While listening to some pretty important people within the bodybuilding scene, it appears that something major in the way of "reorganization" will happen soon.

Any substance to this? Any facts?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #999 on: September 05, 2005, 05:48:53 PM »
How many guys have been around as long as Chic?

Great guy to talk with and a good friend.

Here is Bob with the Ladies at the USA. SOrry that I don't have all the names but maybe someone out there can match 'em up.