Author Topic: BMW M235i Uncovered  (Read 8091 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
BMW M235i Uncovered
« on: May 16, 2013, 03:24:25 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: BMW M235i Uncovered
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 03:26:26 PM »
  I am done with BMW   

ukjeff

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 03:29:21 PM »
I am done with BMW   
hard to park at airports?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »
Looks like a Japanese car, other than that grill.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 03:33:52 PM »
Overpriced trash....IMO as are Merc and Porsche
M23i And CLA 250 Sport Comparo

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 03:38:42 PM »
Like this very much.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »
Handsome car
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841137

yup. looks like the 3series coupe from that angle. maybe a little squatter in the rear end than the 3 and shorter in length overall but very similar.

the merc pictured with it below just doesnt flow well. really not attractive at all.

in my experience bm's are very well built cars.
b

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 05:12:31 PM »
2 and 3 series BMW. Lolololololoz

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 05:14:36 PM »
2 and 3 series BMW. Lolololololoz

I've always said the 2 and 3 series is the equivalent of getting a Toyota Corolla with a fancy exterior.

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 05:17:55 PM »
  Just tired of paying for the up keep, etc

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 05:24:36 PM »
I've always said the 2 and 3 series is the equivalent of getting a Toyota Corolla with a fancy exterior.

"1"
Audi, Merc, BMW are going for the premium entry level market. Which is a growing market.
Also, if you look at the 3 series of today, it's about the size of, if not bigger the e28 5 series of the 80s.
So, the 2 series (2 door coupe version of the 1 series---BMW scheme of even #s are 2 doors) is what the 3 series coupe was of the early 2000s (think e46 330Ci).

What really is mind blowing is their new "urban" hybrid vehicle, the i3, will cost about 40k...
And this is supposed to be for the cities.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 05:44:09 PM »
Audi, Merc, BMW are going for the premium entry level market. Which is a growing market.
Also, if you look at the 3 series of today, it's about the size of, if not bigger the e28 5 series of the 80s.
So, the 2 series (2 door coupe version of the 1 series---BMW scheme of even #s are 2 doors) is what the 3 series coupe was of the early 2000s (think e46 330Ci).

What really is mind blowing is their new "urban" hybrid vehicle, the i3, will cost about 40k...

Why are these hybrid cars priced as such?

"1"

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »

Entry level, just a bunch of 20 something turds thinking they have money. Only their generation will think it's a nice car. By the time it's three years old its crap. Save and get a five series at least.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 05:56:13 PM »
Entry level, just a bunch of 20 something turds thinking they have money. Only their generation will think it's a nice car. By the time it's three years old its crap. Save and get a five series at least.

That's a good car.

For what it's worth, the best drive I've had out of any car (be it the Audi Quatro, BMW 5 series, Mercedez etc.) has been the Lexus (Regardless of model). I don't know what it is about their vehicles, but they certainly made a perfectly smooth ride.

"1"

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 06:01:38 PM »
Why are these hybrid cars priced as such?

"1"
Well on the BMW side, they  bought a US carbon fiber manufacturer, and the i3 and i8 will use carbon fiber extensively throughout their chassis and panels. Carbon fiber is still not "cheap" but the prices have gone down considerably due to streamlining manufacturing techniques.
There has been the complaint that BMWs (and all cars for that matter) have gotten too heavy. So, to offset the weight of the hybrid drive and batteries, the use of carbon fiber.

Now, the others---the cost of the hybrid drives, the batteries, all the addenda that goes with it, cost money. And the development of it. And if you leave it up to the Germans, like the Porsche 918 Spyder, they over complicate things, to the point where even the engineers seem like they will need a 2 yr course on the driveline alone.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 06:14:29 PM »
you know what. Due to those 20 something's (and 30somethings) hipsters, the price of used e30 3 series have rocketed. And it's getting harder to find good examples. Now, celebs like Frank Ocean are popularizing the car. And the e30 M3, which is rare here in the US, can go for 35k or more.
A freaking 20 something yr old car!

Due to the fact that the millennials have little disposable income, many are going with some old used classics, like the older Volvos-240s, 740s, 850s, or even 122s. Some are going the BMw route, or the Merc route with the 300Es...
And then there are those who don't want a mid size luxury car, or luxury as well, they just want RWD

Watch these two vids when you get a chance, they talk about what I mentioned above
[/youtube]
[/youtube]

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 06:23:33 PM »
Handsome car
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841137

The 1 series is junk.  is this another entry level car below the 3 series  ???

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »
Well on the BMW side, they  bought a US carbon fiber manufacturer, and the i3 and i8 will use carbon fiber extensively throughout their chassis and panels. Carbon fiber is still not "cheap" but the prices have gone down considerably due to streamlining manufacturing techniques.
There has been the complaint that BMWs (and all cars for that matter) have gotten too heavy. So, to offset the weight of the hybrid drive and batteries, the use of carbon fiber.

Now, the others---the cost of the hybrid drives, the batteries, all the addenda that goes with it, cost money. And the development of it. And if you leave it up to the Germans, like the Porsche 918 Spyder, they over complicate things, to the point where even the engineers seem like they will need a 2 yr course on the driveline alone.

Man, you sure know your cars...

You know, sadly, besides being able to change a tire, I wouldn't know what to do with a car if I had to open the hood up and dabble with the inner machinery.

Good for you!
"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 06:26:26 PM »
  Parker does know cars

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 06:33:59 PM »

The 1 series is junk.  is this another entry level car below the 3 series  ???
Yes...it's the 2 door version of the 1 series.
And in BMW's scheme, a way to charge more money.
The way their current mainstream line up is like this: odd numbers for the sedans, even numbers for coupes/4 door coupes.
The coupes will have a premium over the sedans.
So, it goes like this:
1 Series (4 door, hatch)
2 series (coupe convertible and 4 door coupe)*
3 series (4 door and GT hatch)
4 series (coupe, convertible, 4 door coupe)*
5 series (sedan, GT hatch)
6 series (coupe, convertible, 4 door coupe)*
7 series (sedan)
X5 (4 door SUV)
X6 (4 door coupe SUV)*
X3 (4 door SUV)
X4 (4 door coupe SUV)*

*= the "coupe" version  of the odd number numerically lower number.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 06:37:10 PM »

The Chris Harris test drive of the 918 is pretty evident of your same feelings.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 06:39:02 PM »
Man, you sure know your cars...

You know, sadly, besides being able to change a tire, I wouldn't know what to do with a car if I had to open the hood up and dabble with the inner machinery.

Good for you!
"1"
my dad and uncle were heavily into cars, and I wasn't really...I liked sports and nature.
It was only until my dad (who is VERY frugal) showed me how to do preventive maintenance on my car, did it really blossom. Sure, I had the buff books, as a teen, but it wasn't until I had a hoopty that I really took an interest.

It's, like bbing...I was really into it at one time, and now it wanes, so another interest slowly usurped it. Just as bbing usurp my enthusiasm for the natural world.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 06:49:41 PM »

ignorant post. first of all what makes you think someone who's buys a 3 series can't afford a 5? not every bases a purchase on 'I better the bigger one so people think I have more money'. so much for that theory huh?

I bought a 3 series couple after driving the CLS, the Audi a4 (the a5 had just come out and I refused to pay the 8% financing they wanted), the Lexus is, and the infinity G37. my primary reason was the body style. imo it's one if the better looking cars on the road not cause I couldn't 'afford the few pennies for the 5'  ::)

secondly it's been the best car I have ever owned. I've piled 120k on it with zero problems. in fact if someone was thinking of buying a new BM is give them my car for a few days do they could see what they'd have in '3 years'- a well made car without a squeak, rattle or loose fitting or wear anywhere in the interior or exterior.

next time post something you have first hand knowledge of instead of offering an opinion on something you know nothing about. it might actually help someone make an informed decision.
b

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 07:06:14 PM »
Yea cause the m3 and 1m are junk...... Both based off 3 and 1 series respectively  ::)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 07:13:02 PM »
Parker knows about every car ever made a true car fanatic but we always enjoy the information for us that does not know as much about cars it's like having a guy to answer questions without going to the dealership.