Author Topic: It's too bad that Columbine High School didn't have an ARMED GUARD  (Read 15693 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
oh wait, they actually did have an armed guard

I guess in order to be safe we'll need one at every entrance, every floor and in every class room

and also every movie theater, shopping mall, barber shop, etc.....

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/columbine.cd/Pages/DEPUTIES_TEXT.htm

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: It's too bad that Columbine High School didn't have an ARMED GUARD
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
Ontario's reaction to the tragedy in Connecticut was to approve renovations that will ensure all entrances & exits are locked during the school day, and that all visitors to the school must be recorded on closed circuit cameras and buzzed in by school officials.

While I recognize this is merely a political diversion to focus attention away from McGuinty's current issued with school boards all over the province, it seems to be a more effective solution than actually putting firearms in the school.

Who is to say one of these power-tripping rent-a-cops (most likely rejected from the military/police force, and living out their fantasies) won't go postal one day?
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 11:22:02 AM »
Ontario's reaction to the tragedy in Connecticut was to approve renovations that will ensure all entrances & exits are locked during the school day, and that all visitors to the school must be recorded on closed circuit cameras and buzzed in by school officials.

While I recognize this is merely a political diversion to focus attention away from McGuinty's current issued with school boards all over the province, it seems to be a more effective solution than actually putting firearms in the school.

Who is to say one of these power-tripping rent-a-cops (most likely rejected from the military/police force, and living out their fantasies) won't go postal one day?

After Zimmerman serves his time I'm sure he'll be available for the job

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 11:28:22 AM »

Straw I would laugh at that joke.... except, I don't think you're joking, ...and I don't think the scenario is at all far fetched.  :'( :'(
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »
Straw I would laugh at that joke.... except, I don't think you're joking, ...and I don't think the scenario is at all far fetched.  :'( :'(
what could go wrong with a few hundred thousand wanna be cops in our schools

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 11:33:53 AM »

We need to clone Zimm and send the clones on the NYC subway, compton, chicago, detroit, etc to clean up the filth.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 11:43:01 AM »
elementary schools need one cop.

1-2 for middle schools, depending upon the size.

2-3 for high schools, depending upon size.

I've taught at every level from K to adult, and schools need a cop, it's that simple.  high schools already have cops, as do most middle schools.  You can't break up a fight in high school - kids are stronger than the teachers sometimes.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 11:44:43 AM »
That's exactly what I keep telling people: If you had a guard (not a cop, I don't want a fucking cop anywhere near my kid!) with a gun at school, any schmoe that tries to pull a Newtown-style stunt is going to think twice.

The Connecticut massacre would've turned out a lot different if the killer had gone in knowing that he was going to have to defend himself too.

And key employees of the schools need to be trained on how to use a taser gun and on how to put their necks on the line for the kids.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 11:58:14 AM »
That's exactly what I keep telling people: If you had a guard (not a cop, I don't want a fucking cop anywhere near my kid!) with a gun at school, any schmoe that tries to pull a Newtown-style stunt is going to think twice.

The Connecticut massacre would've turned out a lot different if the killer had gone in knowing that he was going to have to defend himself too.

And key employees of the schools need to be trained on how to use a taser gun and on how to put their necks on the line for the kids.

he killed himself so why would he be deterred by a guard

the guard at Columbine didn't deter those two shooters but then they also killed themselves

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 12:04:03 PM »
elementary schools need one cop.

1-2 for middle schools, depending upon the size.

2-3 for high schools, depending upon size.

I've taught at every level from K to adult, and schools need a cop, it's that simple.  high schools already have cops, as do most middle schools.  You can't break up a fight in high school - kids are stronger than the teachers sometimes.

OMG!!!  I can't even see the roughest highschool in one of our toughest neighbourhoods being in need of a cop. What are American schools like?!  :o :o  :o :o
w

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »
he killed himself so why would he be deterred by a guard[...]

Because his goal was to kill as many kids as possible, and a guard is, at the very least, an obstacle.

Whether he decides to kill himself at the end or not is inconsequential. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 01:06:03 PM »

Ya, ...he would have gone in with even MORE fire power, ...or would have determined how to get past the only line of defense leaving everyone else as sitting ducks thinking their rent-a-cop was protecting them.

Come on. At the rate they are paid, do you really think they are going to put their lives on the line? Key employees of schools usually have families that THEY want to go home to. I don't think they will be putting their lives on the line to protect other people's kids... no matter how fond they are of them, ...regardless of the narrative the MSM wants to spin.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 02:22:07 PM »
Because his goal was to kill as many kids as possible, and a guard is, at the very least, an obstacle.

Whether he decides to kill himself at the end or not is inconsequential.  

the guard wasn't much of an obstacle at Columbine and if the shooter never intends to leave the scene alive then it's not any deterrence either

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »
the guard wasn't much of an obstacle at Columbine and if the shooter never intends to leave the scene alive then it's not any deterrence either

Let me put it to you this way:

The local parking enforcer in my town is a nasty unarmed guard I tell to fuck off when he Riverdances on my last nerve.

The local cop has a gun and when he asks me to pull down my pants I do it.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 04:16:05 PM »
Guard would have shot the madmen.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 04:21:23 PM »
Guard would have shot the madmen.

Why didn't he?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 04:38:34 PM »
Let me put it to you this way:

The local parking enforcer in my town is a nasty unarmed guard I tell to fuck off when he Riverdances on my last nerve.

The local cop has a gun and when he asks me to pull down my pants I do it.

That's only because you would gladly rather be sodomized than die.
The Dylan Kleibold's and Adam Lanza's of this world don't care about dying. They're looking to go out in a blaze of so called "glory".
w

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 05:20:29 PM »
That's only because you would gladly rather be sodomized than die.
The Dylan Kleibold's and Adam Lanza's of this world don't care about dying. They're looking to go out in a blaze of so called "glory".

And I don't care that they want to kill themselves, it's the "and the people around him" part that I have an issue with.

And an armed guard would take care of that issue for me.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 05:49:03 PM »
If guns are illegal, there will be no crime. 

Why can't people see this?
Y

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »
oh wait, they actually did have an armed guard

I guess in order to be safe we'll need one at every entrance, every floor and in every class room

and also every movie theater, shopping mall, barber shop, etc.....

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/columbine.cd/Pages/DEPUTIES_TEXT.htm

Didn't they actually have two?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »
And I don't care that they want to kill themselves, it's the "and the people around him" part that I have an issue with.

And an armed guard would take care of that issue for me.

OK, I'll humour you. Let's say the armed guard is he buffer between school kids and he next awkward psychologically imbalanced kid. Now who protects the school kids from the armed guards?

The problem is people are responding as though there is a need to take care of the weapons he used. It's like allopathic 'so called' medicine. People are responding to the symptoms, and not the cause.

I don't think the problem was all the guns he had access to. Those guns were legal, simply stolen. Implementing gun control for this is like restricting vehicular control, judiciously determining who can own an SUV or not because some nutcase decided to steal one and tear through the grounds of Disneyland, plowing through groups of children on their way to meet Mickey.

I think mention of the mind bending medication he was on is conspicuously absent from the media reports. Why are people not addressing that? Wasn't the Virginia Tech shooter hopped up on meds as well?  What do these pharmaceutical companies put in their concoctions that so frequently result in guys going postal.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 07:11:19 PM »
he killed himself so why would he be deterred by a guard

the guard at Columbine didn't deter those two shooters but then they also killed themselves

laws banning certain types of guns wouldnt have detered them either but your hell bent on that...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 07:23:14 PM »
laws banning certain types of guns wouldnt have detered them either but your hell bent on that...

LOL @ hell bent

I've lost count of how many times I've said that I would prefer to see things like high capacity clips and certain guns banned NOT BECAUSE THEY WOULD PREVENT THESE THING FROM HAPPENING BUT BECAUSE THEY WOULD LESSEN THE AMOUNT OF DEATH AND INJURY

If the shooter in AZ had to reload @ 10 shots instead of 31 there would be a lot less injured and dead people

I'm not sure how much more clear I can make that

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 07:32:10 PM »
[/quote

LOL @ hell bent

I've lost count of how many times I've said that I would prefer to see things like high capacity clips and certain guns banned NOT BECAUSE THEY WOULD PREVENT THESE THING FROM HAPPENING BUT BECAUSE THEY WOULD LESSEN THE AMOUNT OF DEATH AND INJURY

If the shooter in AZ had to reload @ 10 shots instead of 31 there would be a lot less injured and dead people

I'm not sure how much more clear I can make that
Im not quite sure how much clearer I can make it either. Even if you limit the production of high cap magazines there are still millions of them in circulation now...

Even if you can get those out of circulation it is not difficult to train yourself to be quite proficient in changing magazines. The guy in arizona was carrying his magazines in his pocket supposedly....

The two biggest massacres in US history were committed with fertilizer and box cutters and a plane.

Taking guns away wont stop this maniacs, why are you not calling for a gun ban in afghanistan if you think it will work so well?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 07:33:55 PM »

You think you would have enough time with this guys mag change straw?