Author Topic: 12-19-05: Titus &y Ryan Murder Case - updated daily  (Read 297347 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Craig Titus charged with murder!
« Reply #950 on: December 23, 2005, 07:17:40 AM »
what's Titus going to do without his steroids, chicken breasts, rice, nubain, GH, dumbbells, glutamine, whey protein, posing oil, tuna, fanny pack, Otomix, daisy dukes, thyroin, clenbuterol and creatine and Smith machine?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Craig Titus/Kelly Ryan Murder Case, continuing story: update p. 24
« Reply #951 on: December 23, 2005, 07:25:36 AM »
Why all the talk about blood in regards to this story.If she was strangled as mentioned I seriously doubt there would be any blood evidence left behind anyway.
Also,619rules, in regards to luminol & bleach or ammonia being used to destroy any blood stain evidence.Wouldn't the use of bleach or ammonia break down the blood evidence as to they (lab ppl.) would be able to determine if human blood but that is basically all they would know as the ammonia/bleach would break it down too far to determine any other relevance as to type or who it came from?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #952 on: December 23, 2005, 07:25:42 AM »
Buddism. :o Meditation. :P  Isometrics. :-\ Calithenics. ;) Tanning. 8)

Holistic shit. Just like Survivor.

NubianMuscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #953 on: December 23, 2005, 07:29:49 AM »
There's a nice video update on Craig and Kelly at kvbc.com

http://kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4280386

Police say Titus contacted a fellow body building friend in Boston to ask how to liquidate his assets and told him that he planned on leaving the country.
D

curt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #954 on: December 23, 2005, 07:32:45 AM »
Thanks NubianMuscle

Mufasa

• Getbig II
  • Never Give Up Hope!
« Reply #955 on: December 23, 2005, 07:34:05 AM »
Pumpster Said:

"...If she's extremely submissive, she could be a nice person caught up in a mess; it's not impossible..."

Over the years, there has not been one...not ONE person to say an unkind thing about Kelly Ryan, even on "GetBig".

People often go on to say that she is one of the kindest, most giving people you have ever met. (I have never met Kelly).

Craig, quite frankly is a controlling thug; a guy who was lucky enough to make some money, marry a good woman, and smart enough to go out and get (and control) whatever he wants.

But a thug, nonetheless...

I think that we will find Kelly to be almost...and I can't emphasize ALMOST as much a victim as the woman that was killed.

Mufasa
“There comes a

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #956 on: December 23, 2005, 07:35:48 AM »
Pumpster Said:

"...If she's extremely submissive, she could be a nice person caught up in a mess; it's not impossible..."

Over the years, there has not been one...not ONE person to say an unkind thing about Kelly Ryan, even on "GetBig".

People often go on to say that she is one of the kindest, most giving people you have ever met. (I have never met Kelly).

Craig, quite frankly is a controlling thug; a guy who was lucky enough to make some money, marry a good woman, and smart enough to go out and get (and control) whatever he wants.

I think that we will find Kelly to be almost...and I can't emphasize ALMOST as much a victim as the woman that was killed.

Mufasa
Craig would whip your bit.ch ass.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #957 on: December 23, 2005, 07:37:05 AM »
I wonder if there's not a pattern, a lot of BBs seem to have girlfriends or wives that are submissive, with the guy needing constant attention as the center of attention.

Damian

• Getbig III
« Reply #958 on: December 23, 2005, 07:41:11 AM »
I still can't believe this shit - this is insane.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
Re: Craig Titus/Kelly Ryan involved in Las Vegas Murder case, continuing story
« Reply #959 on: December 23, 2005, 07:59:23 AM »
How about this:

Chop the head off, and pull all the teeth out. Bury the head in a remote location. This should be much easier than burying an entire body. Undress the body, dismember it, and drop the pieces at various locations. It should only take a week or two for the remains to be rendered unrecognizable. Dump all clothes and blood stained utensils in a dumpster. Throw the teeth out along the highway.

Thats how Angles get rid of Devils.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
Re: 225lbs at Arrest?????
« Reply #960 on: December 23, 2005, 08:01:02 AM »
... I do believe Craig is involved in the case in some manner.  "Innocent until proven guilty", yes, but you have to wonder why this guy fled...
C'mon now, O.J fled and he was 100% not guilty  ;D

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

thom millstone

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #962 on: December 23, 2005, 08:06:10 AM »
I wonder if there's not a pattern, a lot of BBs seem to have girlfriends or wives that are submissive, with the guy needing constant attention as the center of attention.
I agree what is with that?
 Do these women have such low self esteem that they believe the crap these guys tell them? and yes they do give them constant attention.
it seems thier low self esteem lets itself to the malicious rantings they take from these guys until they start to believe it. .

Mufasa

• Getbig II
  • Never Give Up Hope!
« Reply #963 on: December 23, 2005, 08:25:51 AM »
You know what sarcasm?

He could probably kill my "bitch ass" too if he got mad enough....

Mufasa
“There comes a

suckmymuscle

« Reply #964 on: December 23, 2005, 08:28:27 AM »

Bodybuilders dominate their women, as every men should. Seen King Kong? That's how the natural relatiuonship, between a man and a woman, should be.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #965 on: December 23, 2005, 08:30:03 AM »
  Bodybuilders dominate their women, as every men should. Seen King Kong? That's how the natural relatiuonship, between a man and a woman, should be.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
must be that massive 8 plates you do on the leg press that makes you such a dominating man, right "suckmymuscle", hahahaha. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #966 on: December 23, 2005, 08:30:36 AM »
Here's the most in depth story to date:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Dec-23-Fri-2005/news/5034653.html

A week before Craig Titus and his wife, Kelly Ryan, became fugitives, the professional bodybuilders met with Las Vegas homicide detectives about the dead woman who was found in Ryan's burned 2003 Jaguar.

Titus, 40, admitted to secretly having an affair with 28-year-old Melissa James, whose body was found in the trunk of the car. Titus and Ryan, 33, said James was their live-in personal assistant. They said that they had recently evicted her for embezzling from them, but that they had not filed a police complaint.
Advertisement

Both told investigators that James had stolen Ryan's car, though they did not report the theft to police.

Titus and Ryan made those comments Dec. 14, hours after James' body was discovered in the torched Jaguar off state Route 160, according to an arrest warrant filed in Las Vegas Justice Court. The warrant was issued for 23-year-old Anthony Gross, an alleged accomplice in the slaying. Gross is in custody.

But Titus and Ryan were set free after their interrogation because of a lack of evidence, and authorities presume the two have since fled, possibly to Greece.

Titus and Ryan have since been charged with murder and third-degree arson.

Maura James, who on Thursday marked her 51st birthday by remembering her daughter with relatives in Florida, said she hopes the fugitives will soon be caught.

"I find it hard to believe they had anything to do with it because she trusted them as friends," she said. "I was shocked. I never imagined they'd be capable of doing anything like this."

Witnesses told police that Titus had said he would flee to a country that would not extradite him.

Las Vegas police Lt. Tom Monahan said Titus "mentioned that he has been to prison and has no intention of going back."

Titus was convicted of conspiring to possess and sell Ecstasy and served a couple of years in prison in the late 1990s after he tested positive for steroids.

Las Vegas police say that Titus killed Melissa James and that Ryan and Gross helped dispose of her body.

Ryan told police that after discovering funds missing from her accounts, she kicked James out of her $470,000 southwest Las Vegas home. The eviction came Dec. 13, a day before James' body turned up in the remote desert.

James packed a suitcase and Ryan, a former Ms. Fitness America, dropped her off at a convenience store, Ryan told police.

But Ryan and Titus contradicted each other when police asked them separately which vehicle Ryan had used to take James to the store.

"Ryan told detectives she used her Jaguar to take James to the convenience store," a police officer wrote in the report. "Titus said she used his silver Dodge truck."

Maura James, who lives in New Jersey, said she last spoke with her daughter about 11:30 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on Dec. 13. During the brief cell phone conversation, Melissa James said she was eating at a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant.

Maura James heard her daughter ask someone what they wanted to eat. She asked her daughter whom she was with, but the question went unanswered.

A short time later, Melissa James wrapped up the call and said she would call back after lunch.

She never called back and never answered her mother's follow-up calls.

The next day, a Wednesday, Maura James went to the Newark airport before 9 a.m. She was scheduled to pick up her daughter, who was coming home for Christmas. She said her daughter was also considering moving home to New Jersey.

Melissa James' flight arrived, but she wasn't on it. Maura James called her cell phone and left messages. Airport officials issued a page over a public address system. Maura James eventually returned home alone.

She later called Titus' cell phone several times and left messages.

"I thought she had been in an accident or something," she said. "I started calling hospitals in Las Vegas. Nobody had her.

"Thursday night is when I got the call from the coroner. ... She had been strangled."

Maura James said her daughter never mentioned being romantically involved with Titus, who married Ryan in Clark County in June 2000. Melissa James, who was a model and former dance instructor, had lived with the bodybuilders in Southern California several years ago.

Titus asked Melissa James to move to Las Vegas about two months ago, and she accepted, her mother said.

In the days before her death, James told her mother that she and Ryan were not getting along. She said she was staying at a hotel.

"I said, 'Why?' She said, 'Well, Kelly is flipping out and acting crazy,'•" Maura James said.

Titus booked the hotel room for two nights, from Dec. 12 to Dec. 14, and paid for it with a credit card belonging to Emperor Enterprises, a company he and Ryan own, according to police.

"He said he had spent most of one night with James at her room," investigators said in the report, quoting Titus.

Titus also paid for James' plane ticket home, her mother said.

On Dec. 16, two days after James' body was recovered, Amanda Polk, a young bodybuilder who had moved to Las Vegas to train with Ryan, contacted police with a tip. Polk met with investigators the next day and told them that she had received a phone call from Titus on Dec. 15 "saying he was in a bad situation (and) needed to get out of town for a while," police said.

Titus and Ryan went to the home of Polk and her boyfriend later that evening. Ryan hugged Polk and said someone had found her Jaguar burned with a body inside. During a car ride to dinner, Ryan confided in Polk, she told police.

"Ryan proceeded to tell Polk she had found their roommate, Melissa, dead in her room from an overdose," police said. "Polk said Ryan told her Melissa had been dead for a few hours and couldn't describe what she looked like because it would traumatize Polk for life. Polk said Ryan proceeded to tell her" that her life was ruined "because she bought seven bottles of lighter fluid at Wal-Mart with her credit card" at 3:30 a.m.

Investigators say Polk confronted Ryan and asked her why she hadn't called police when she found the body.

"Ryan responded by saying Craig told her, 'No body, no crime,'•" police wrote in the report. "Ryan told Polk she just did what Titus told her to do, that she thought Titus got someone to get rid of Melissa and she didn't kill anyone."

Police say Titus met with business partner Gregory Ruiz at a Subway restaurant in the Las Vegas Valley on the morning of Dec. 17.

"Titus told Ruiz he had to leave the country," an investigator wrote, adding that Titus had traded in his Dodge Viper truck for a new vehicle and intended to meet a friend in Boston to liquidate his assets.

Police obtained cell phone records that showed Titus called Anthony Gross in the early morning of Dec. 14.

Gross told investigators that he left his apartment in pajamas, filled up a can with gas and drove west on Blue Diamond Road until he saw flashing headlights from a Jaguar.

He told police that he pulled up beside the Jaguar, rolled down his window and handed Titus a metal gas can. He said he did not know what Titus did with the gas can and, though he gave Titus a lift back into town, the two never discussed what had happened.

On Dec. 14, before 5 a.m., a trucker saw the Jaguar ablaze. In the trunk, authorities found a body with white fabric around its neck and duct tape across the face.

An autopsy revealed that James had likely died from asphyxiation.

Police used the license plate on the car to trace the vehicle back to Ryan.

"I think they had hoped the fire would completely consume the car so that it would be unidentifiable," Monahan said.

On Wednesday, however, Titus and Ryan -- who have been on the covers of bodybuilding magazines -- were being identified on television news broadcasts as murder suspects.

Neighbors recalled Thursday that Titus and Ryan often had visitors, some driving flashy cars -- Ferraris or Mercedes. One neighbor described Titus as friendly, adding that his physique was noticeably smaller these days.

Titus, who graduated high school at 140 pounds, has often competed in the 250-pound range or more.

Police say he is now down to about 225 pounds.

A neighbor who did not want to be identified because Titus remained on the loose, said he had noticed another change in the man: "He's smoking. Before, he was not smoking."

Monahan said police have evidence suggesting that Titus' loss of size was causing him to lose sponsorship contracts.

Maura James, meanwhile, recalled something her daughter had once mentioned about Titus, Ryan and steroids.

"She told me that since he was getting older, he was not going to be competing as much," James said. "She used to tell me, 'Yeah, they took them when they were getting ready for competitions. And they would go to the doctor quite a bit for checking organs and things like that.'•"

Monahan said he believes authorities will find Titus and Ryan sooner or later, in part because of their high profiles and flamboyance.

Their capture might bring a measure of consolation to a grieving mother.

"You know what's so hard?" James said. "They burned my daughter so that we can't even see her again before we bury her. She is so sweet. She is so sweet and beautiful. I can't imagine anybody doing that to her."

Review-Journal writers Brian Haynes and Carri Geer Thevenot contributed to this report.
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #967 on: December 23, 2005, 08:31:18 AM »
Most in depth report to date:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Dec-23-Fri-2005/news/5034653.html

A week before Craig Titus and his wife, Kelly Ryan, became fugitives, the professional bodybuilders met with Las Vegas homicide detectives about the dead woman who was found in Ryan's burned 2003 Jaguar.

Titus, 40, admitted to secretly having an affair with 28-year-old Melissa James, whose body was found in the trunk of the car. Titus and Ryan, 33, said James was their live-in personal assistant. They said that they had recently evicted her for embezzling from them, but that they had not filed a police complaint.
Advertisement

Both told investigators that James had stolen Ryan's car, though they did not report the theft to police.

Titus and Ryan made those comments Dec. 14, hours after James' body was discovered in the torched Jaguar off state Route 160, according to an arrest warrant filed in Las Vegas Justice Court. The warrant was issued for 23-year-old Anthony Gross, an alleged accomplice in the slaying. Gross is in custody.

But Titus and Ryan were set free after their interrogation because of a lack of evidence, and authorities presume the two have since fled, possibly to Greece.

Titus and Ryan have since been charged with murder and third-degree arson.

Maura James, who on Thursday marked her 51st birthday by remembering her daughter with relatives in Florida, said she hopes the fugitives will soon be caught.

"I find it hard to believe they had anything to do with it because she trusted them as friends," she said. "I was shocked. I never imagined they'd be capable of doing anything like this."

Witnesses told police that Titus had said he would flee to a country that would not extradite him.

Las Vegas police Lt. Tom Monahan said Titus "mentioned that he has been to prison and has no intention of going back."

Titus was convicted of conspiring to possess and sell Ecstasy and served a couple of years in prison in the late 1990s after he tested positive for steroids.

Las Vegas police say that Titus killed Melissa James and that Ryan and Gross helped dispose of her body.

Ryan told police that after discovering funds missing from her accounts, she kicked James out of her $470,000 southwest Las Vegas home. The eviction came Dec. 13, a day before James' body turned up in the remote desert.

James packed a suitcase and Ryan, a former Ms. Fitness America, dropped her off at a convenience store, Ryan told police.

But Ryan and Titus contradicted each other when police asked them separately which vehicle Ryan had used to take James to the store.

"Ryan told detectives she used her Jaguar to take James to the convenience store," a police officer wrote in the report. "Titus said she used his silver Dodge truck."

Maura James, who lives in New Jersey, said she last spoke with her daughter about 11:30 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on Dec. 13. During the brief cell phone conversation, Melissa James said she was eating at a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant.

Maura James heard her daughter ask someone what they wanted to eat. She asked her daughter whom she was with, but the question went unanswered.

A short time later, Melissa James wrapped up the call and said she would call back after lunch.

She never called back and never answered her mother's follow-up calls.

The next day, a Wednesday, Maura James went to the Newark airport before 9 a.m. She was scheduled to pick up her daughter, who was coming home for Christmas. She said her daughter was also considering moving home to New Jersey.

Melissa James' flight arrived, but she wasn't on it. Maura James called her cell phone and left messages. Airport officials issued a page over a public address system. Maura James eventually returned home alone.

She later called Titus' cell phone several times and left messages.

"I thought she had been in an accident or something," she said. "I started calling hospitals in Las Vegas. Nobody had her.

"Thursday night is when I got the call from the coroner. ... She had been strangled."

Maura James said her daughter never mentioned being romantically involved with Titus, who married Ryan in Clark County in June 2000. Melissa James, who was a model and former dance instructor, had lived with the bodybuilders in Southern California several years ago.

Titus asked Melissa James to move to Las Vegas about two months ago, and she accepted, her mother said.

In the days before her death, James told her mother that she and Ryan were not getting along. She said she was staying at a hotel.

"I said, 'Why?' She said, 'Well, Kelly is flipping out and acting crazy,'•" Maura James said.

Titus booked the hotel room for two nights, from Dec. 12 to Dec. 14, and paid for it with a credit card belonging to Emperor Enterprises, a company he and Ryan own, according to police.

"He said he had spent most of one night with James at her room," investigators said in the report, quoting Titus.

Titus also paid for James' plane ticket home, her mother said.

On Dec. 16, two days after James' body was recovered, Amanda Polk, a young bodybuilder who had moved to Las Vegas to train with Ryan, contacted police with a tip. Polk met with investigators the next day and told them that she had received a phone call from Titus on Dec. 15 "saying he was in a bad situation (and) needed to get out of town for a while," police said.

Titus and Ryan went to the home of Polk and her boyfriend later that evening. Ryan hugged Polk and said someone had found her Jaguar burned with a body inside. During a car ride to dinner, Ryan confided in Polk, she told police.

"Ryan proceeded to tell Polk she had found their roommate, Melissa, dead in her room from an overdose," police said. "Polk said Ryan told her Melissa had been dead for a few hours and couldn't describe what she looked like because it would traumatize Polk for life. Polk said Ryan proceeded to tell her" that her life was ruined "because she bought seven bottles of lighter fluid at Wal-Mart with her credit card" at 3:30 a.m.

Investigators say Polk confronted Ryan and asked her why she hadn't called police when she found the body.

"Ryan responded by saying Craig told her, 'No body, no crime,'•" police wrote in the report. "Ryan told Polk she just did what Titus told her to do, that she thought Titus got someone to get rid of Melissa and she didn't kill anyone."

Police say Titus met with business partner Gregory Ruiz at a Subway restaurant in the Las Vegas Valley on the morning of Dec. 17.

"Titus told Ruiz he had to leave the country," an investigator wrote, adding that Titus had traded in his Dodge Viper truck for a new vehicle and intended to meet a friend in Boston to liquidate his assets.

Police obtained cell phone records that showed Titus called Anthony Gross in the early morning of Dec. 14.

Gross told investigators that he left his apartment in pajamas, filled up a can with gas and drove west on Blue Diamond Road until he saw flashing headlights from a Jaguar.

He told police that he pulled up beside the Jaguar, rolled down his window and handed Titus a metal gas can. He said he did not know what Titus did with the gas can and, though he gave Titus a lift back into town, the two never discussed what had happened.

On Dec. 14, before 5 a.m., a trucker saw the Jaguar ablaze. In the trunk, authorities found a body with white fabric around its neck and duct tape across the face.

An autopsy revealed that James had likely died from asphyxiation.

Police used the license plate on the car to trace the vehicle back to Ryan.

"I think they had hoped the fire would completely consume the car so that it would be unidentifiable," Monahan said.

On Wednesday, however, Titus and Ryan -- who have been on the covers of bodybuilding magazines -- were being identified on television news broadcasts as murder suspects.

Neighbors recalled Thursday that Titus and Ryan often had visitors, some driving flashy cars -- Ferraris or Mercedes. One neighbor described Titus as friendly, adding that his physique was noticeably smaller these days.

Titus, who graduated high school at 140 pounds, has often competed in the 250-pound range or more.

Police say he is now down to about 225 pounds.

A neighbor who did not want to be identified because Titus remained on the loose, said he had noticed another change in the man: "He's smoking. Before, he was not smoking."

Monahan said police have evidence suggesting that Titus' loss of size was causing him to lose sponsorship contracts.

Maura James, meanwhile, recalled something her daughter had once mentioned about Titus, Ryan and steroids.

"She told me that since he was getting older, he was not going to be competing as much," James said. "She used to tell me, 'Yeah, they took them when they were getting ready for competitions. And they would go to the doctor quite a bit for checking organs and things like that.'•"

Monahan said he believes authorities will find Titus and Ryan sooner or later, in part because of their high profiles and flamboyance.

Their capture might bring a measure of consolation to a grieving mother.

"You know what's so hard?" James said. "They burned my daughter so that we can't even see her again before we bury her. She is so sweet. She is so sweet and beautiful. I can't imagine anybody doing that to her."

Review-Journal writers Brian Haynes and Carri Geer Thevenot contributed to this report.
Elevate Your Image.™

asiasbitch

• Getbig II
  • Uh-huh...
« Reply #968 on: December 23, 2005, 08:33:59 AM »
Question, if Kelly found her dead to begin with, why the need to duct tape her mouth? Especially, if like in Chris Farley's OD case, the vomitting ended hours earlier. Creepy shit mang...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #969 on: December 23, 2005, 08:40:19 AM »
Buddism. :o Meditation. :P  Isometrics. :-\ Calithenics. ;) Tanning. 8)

Holistic shit. Just like Survivor.

more buddhist in joint than on street in america  lol

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: Catching Craig Titus
« Reply #970 on: December 23, 2005, 08:41:28 AM »
5 years but big deal...

End of the day NO woman would stand behind a guy who has put her in this position. Women are sneaky bitches man...
I bet she dose what ever he tells her she may have had nothing to do with the murder who knows.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #971 on: December 23, 2005, 08:43:23 AM »
Much more detailed than the others.

Party time in Greece  - Ecstacy, unregulated euro market roids, hot monkey love..

Damian

• Getbig III
« Reply #972 on: December 23, 2005, 08:46:26 AM »
Thanks for the reports.

So I guess they're headed to Greece.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #973 on: December 23, 2005, 08:46:31 AM »
Titus if your out there reading this some place, hiding in a dirty South American Hotel

Don't give up keep running Go ! Go ! :'(

asiasbitch

• Getbig II
  • Uh-huh...
« Reply #974 on: December 23, 2005, 08:48:41 AM »

You know, what strikes me is that if Kelly bought the lighter fluid as per the latest info, she had every chance to run from Titus. If she had time for lunch with this Polk girl, she could have escaped. Hell, when Gross picked up Titus in the desert, the man was alone. Kelly could have went to the police at that point if no other. Kelly apparently isn't the nice girl next door the bodybuilding press plays her out to be. No one wants their hero to be a criminal and I truly hope there is more to it. But things like this do not happen to good people nor to those who hadn't made their own decisions.  She knew from the start what Craig was into 10 years ago. Birds of a feather. Sad story.