Author Topic: NBA Finals - Miami vs San Antonio, who will win?  (Read 88894 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: NBA finals: Miami vs San Antonio, who will win?
« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2013, 05:33:50 AM »
it was all a result of Miami secretly conceding the game late in the 3rd quarts.

They started doing nothing but jumpers.  That led to long rebounds and Spurs had plenty of fast breaks, with 2 guys hot on 3's. 

Can anyone else admit Heat just called it in?  Decided early to surrender the game, and just played a game to avoid risk?  Lebron didn't drive anymore in second half.  No risk to injury, no soreness... just launch a jumper and milk the clock.  If Heat win game 4, it's a brand new series.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2013, 05:34:14 AM »
Lebron had 15 points.  ZERO free throws.

The Heat decided early that the game was over.  No risk for injury, they stopped driving the lane and just started running out the clock. 

In game 4, the Heat will be rested and the SPurs will be tired.  If Parker can even plan with that hamstring.   Series is still young.  If Spurs win game #4, then they'll win it. 

If Heat win game 4.... well, then the advantage has to lean toward them - their bigger 3 is younger.  Spurs have to step on their throats on Thursday night.  If they let the heat get back up, then the age of parker/ginobli/duncan becomes an issue... in the last 3 games, Heat will be fresher and less injured.

92.3%

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2013, 05:41:11 AM »
As much as I enjoyed the "old, bland, unathletic, boring, vanilla" Spurs dunkin, stuffin, 3-ballin, record-breakin and TROUNCING the defending champs I do worry about the results of TP's MRI of his hammy.

The reality is, if Parker is hurt we're not likely to see another Neal-Green performance to compensate....this series is a looooong way from over.  

I take nothing from Miami.  Last night the favor was returned and then some, but they are still the defending champs with the best baller in the league on their side.  

Last night showed the humanity of both teams.  Both can win big and lose big.  For me, Game 4 marks the beginning of this series cause we all know this won't be a 5 game series.....the Heat will take one in SA.   The Spurs won't win this at home.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #278 on: June 12, 2013, 05:45:55 AM »
Heat have to now win 3/4 against a great team.  That is a tall task.  They are the best team in the league still though and have the best player so it's very feasible. 

I put the odds right now at about 60/40 San Antonio.  Heat need to win the next game for sure or it's essentially over.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #279 on: June 12, 2013, 05:50:42 AM »
Can the Heat haters agree on ONE thing...

IF the HEAT can win Game 4... it's a whole new series... right?

And in a 3 game series (with 2 of those games in Miami) - and with potentially Parker's injury - The heat still have a decent chance, right?

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2013, 05:51:05 AM »
The Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Celtics four games to two. But Game 1 became known as the "Memorial Day Massacre" as the Celtics soundly beat the Lakers 148–114. Celtic reserve forward Scott Wedman made all 11 out of 11 field goal attempts.

these Heat should learn from the lakers of 4yrs ago who lost 2 games in boston and won 1, but they went back to L.A for the last 2 games with a 2-3 record and won two straight and the championship.....that's the character of a Champion right here...you gotta show you have heart, Character and courage when things look blurry. you don't bowed your head in defeat

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2013, 05:58:31 AM »

And in a 3 game series (with 2 of those games in Miami) - and with potentially Parker's injury - The heat still have a decent chance, right?

I'm born and raised in SA and I've been a Spurs fan my entire life and agree with this 100%.  

If Spurs take game 4 the Heat are done.   If the Heat take game 4 the series restarts and the Spurs will be up against it.   Even if the Spurs take game 4 I still see this finishing in 6 in Miami.   King James may have gotten a little too big for his britches with the "I'm 50 times better now than I was in 2007", but make no mistake he will step up.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: June 12, 2013, 05:58:41 AM »

If Heat win the next game then they are the favorites for sure, particularly if Parker is hobbled/out.

Next game is key.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #283 on: June 12, 2013, 06:17:27 AM »
Spurs in 5.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: June 12, 2013, 06:19:24 AM »
All you people saying Lebron was better than Jordan earlier this season should be ashamed, Lebron averaging a monster 16ppg through this finals so far!stop being impressed with regular season stat stuffing, if you want a sample of what Jordan could of done with the ball in his hands as much as Lebron, look to the 89 season when Jordan was moved to point Guard for 24 games and averaged a near triple double.

"Doug Collins decided to move Jordan to the point guard spot against Seattle on March 11, 1989. He finished that game with 15 assists. Two days later, he had a game of 21/14/14 against the Pacers in just 30 minutes of playing time in a 32-point blowout win. He reached the triple double mark in just 21 minutes.
Jordan continued to play at the PG spot until the end of the season. In these 24 games he averaged 29.3ppg, 8.9rpg, 10.6 apg, 2.4spg. Between March 24 and April 14, 1989, he recorded a triple double in ten of the eleven games, including seven consecutive ones. In the game he didn’t record a TD, he finished with 40 points, 11 assists and 7 rebounds."

Could you imagine Jordan getting out scored by Danny Green in 3 games lol

LeBron James: 16.7 points on 38.9% shooting (23% for three)

Danny Green: 18.7 points on 63.3% shooting (69.6% for three)

it's disrespectful to Jordan to have him compared to anyone or anything....there was only one Jordan....Humans are quick to forget the Mystic of Michael Jordan, what he accomplished and oh, his will to take over a game even when things are not going his way......the bulls would have won a 7th championship if they decided to stay together for the 98/99 NBA season.....there was no reason to believe that they couldn't.....the spurs won their first championship after the NBA lockout that 98/99 season. they played only 50 games.....the old Bulls showed every playoffs what their character was like....these heat are still finding what they're made out of.....this serie is not over until tomorrow, if these south beach boys can come up with a victory, then, it will be the best of 3 and whoever win game 5 will soon be holding the larry O'Brien trophy

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2013, 06:32:24 AM »
it's disrespectful to Jordan to have him compared to anyone or anything....there was only one Jordan....Humans are quick to forget the Mystic of Michael Jordan, what he accomplished and oh, his will to take over a game even when things are not going his way......the bulls would have won a 7th championship if they decided to stay together for the 98/99 NBA season.....there was no reason to believe that they couldn't.....the spurs won their first championship after the NBA lockout that 98/99 season. they played only 50 games.....the old Bulls showed every playoffs what their character was like....these heat are still finding what they're made out of.....this serie is not over until tomorrow, if these south beach boys can come up with a victory, then, it will be the best of 3 and whoever win game 5 will soon be holding the larry O'Brien trophy

The interesting question to me is what would happen if Jordan never retired the first time.  I suspect the Bulls would still win in 1994, maybe in 1995 too.  But then what is the team like?  Does Horace Grant still leave?  Do they still sign Rodman?  Does Phil Jackson stick around through all this?  If they win it from 1991-1998 then you've got eight in a row and are shooting to beat the Celtics record in 1999.

1999 I don't think they could have won without making a major move.  Jordan was still great but had lost a step, same with Rodman, and Pippen was done being an elite player.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: June 12, 2013, 06:40:16 AM »
The interesting question to me is what would happen if Jordan never retired the first time.  I suspect the Bulls would still win in 1994, maybe in 1995 too.  But then what is the team like?  Does Horace Grant still leave?  Do they still sign Rodman?  Does Phil Jackson stick around through all this?  If they win it from 1991-1998 then you've got eight in a row and are shooting to beat the Celtics record in 1999.

1999 I don't think they could have won without making a major move.  Jordan was still great but had lost a step, same with Rodman, and Pippen was done being an elite player.

true, but they were saying that Bulls management should have at least try to keep the team for one more run at the trophy.....I guess they decided to go out on Top.....Jordan and Pippen were still approaching their mid 30's and I think with some addition to their roster, they might have had one more chance at it....everyone hated Jerry Reinsdorf for not encouraging the team to stay together for one more shot....even Phil Jackson said if management want them back, He'll be back...there were no team in the east that could have stopped them from going to the finals back then.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #287 on: June 12, 2013, 07:03:36 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL@ 240

New excuse every game
 ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #288 on: June 12, 2013, 07:05:56 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL@ 240

New excuse every game
 ;D
x2. Very dissapoint with 240 in this thread.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #289 on: June 12, 2013, 07:08:28 AM »
Lebron had 15 points.  ZERO free throws.

The Heat decided early that the game was over.  No risk for injury, they stopped driving the lane and just started running out the clock. 

In game 4, the Heat will be rested and the SPurs will be tired.  If Parker can even plan with that hamstring.   Series is still young.  If Spurs win game #4, then they'll win it. 

If Heat win game 4.... well, then the advantage has to lean toward them - their bigger 3 is younger.  Spurs have to step on their throats on Thursday night.  If they let the heat get back up, then the age of parker/ginobli/duncan becomes an issue... in the last 3 games, Heat will be fresher and less injured.

You just put another nail in the coffin when it comes to comparing James to Jordan.

No way would Jordan allow his team to decide "early that the game is over". Jordan would will his team to do everything it could to try to win the game.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: June 12, 2013, 07:13:37 AM »

I mentioned it in another thread...  I travel a lot and go to games in different cities.  Seeing Jordan come out at the old Chicago stadium from being announced to taking hold of a game and finishing, created a feeling that I have yet to feel in any basketball arena. There are so many intangibles that add to what he did that nobody will ever be able to duplicate.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: June 12, 2013, 07:15:43 AM »
Lebron better score at least 30 in game 4. He has been a passive bitch this whole series. Both Jordan and Kobe would score 35 to 40 in a similar situation. Lebrick needs to be more selfish. He is the best player in the world right now! He needs to start acting like it. Fuck Wade and Bosh.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #292 on: June 12, 2013, 07:21:05 AM »
Heat lose tomorrow then it's over.  Heat ain't winning 3 in a row.  Lebron has proven he is not better than Jordan.  Big stats in the regular season mean shit.  It's the finals when you need to show it and so far for him in 4 finals he's had one good series and stunk in the other 3.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: June 12, 2013, 07:28:20 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL@ 240

New excuse every game
 ;D

Almost no one outside of SA likes the Spurs LOL.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #294 on: June 12, 2013, 07:33:24 AM »
Whether Miami wins or not.  They need to figure out something with Wade or Bosh.  Averaging 10 points is not worthy of a $100 million contract.  Playing in Miami can make great players lazy and that has happened to Bosh.  He loves the Miami lifestyle too much.  He is a 25 and 10 player on any team in this league, but he has regressed big time in Miami.  Last season Miami won because he broke out of a slump and had some huge games in the final.  This post season he's sucked ass.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: June 12, 2013, 07:34:24 AM »
I mentioned it in another thread...  I travel a lot and go to games in different cities.  Seeing Jordan come out at the old Chicago stadium from being announced to taking hold of a game and finishing, created a feeling that I have yet to feel in any basketball arena. There are so many intangibles that add to what he did that nobody will ever be able to duplicate.

Fucking Amen to that.....there are so many attributes attached to a Champion and when hard time comes, you have to prove who you really are.....there were times when people expect Jordan to pull the rabbit out of the hat from nowhere....they're waiting for that miracle, unbelievable shot....game 5 between the bulls and the jazz was one example when Jordan, despite being sick (flu) in that game, found the fucking will to comeback in the 4th quarter and rally his fucking team behind him and beat Utah. serie was tied prior to game 5 and they went back to Chicago with a 3-2 lead and finish them off in game 6........this serie is starting to bring bad memories to LeBron james when he faced the Mavericks 2yrs ago.....it will be interesting to see what will happen to this Miami squad in the offseason if they fail to deliver this title

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: June 12, 2013, 07:39:54 AM »
Almost no one outside of SA likes the Spurs LOL.
My favorite team is the Pacers. However, I am pulling for the Spurs. I hate every team in every sport, that tries to pay for championships(Yankees, Eagles, Heat). Money owns everything in life. Except sports.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: June 12, 2013, 07:42:10 AM »
Whether Miami wins or not.  They need to figure out something with Wade or Bosh.  Averaging 10 points is not worthy of a $100 million contract.  Playing in Miami can make great players lazy and that has happened to Bosh.  He loves the Miami lifestyle too much.  He is a 25 and 10 player on any team in this league, but he has regressed big time in Miami.  Last season Miami won because he broke out of a slump and had some huge games in the final.  This post season he's sucked ass.

if Miami does not win this title, I'm sure Pat Riley will have his hands full at what to do with a certain Big 3 player who hasn't deliver in 13 playoff games.....the inconsistency of this heat team is enormous....even if they win game 4, I'm sure they can't win game 5.....they have not been able to win back to back games since after beating a less than stellar bulls team......if san Antonio goes back to south beach with a 3-2 record, they can win one out of two there....again, Miami has not shown anybody that they can win back to back games  in two series now

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: June 12, 2013, 07:45:45 AM »
I called it a long time ago, if spurs have one of their three mip injured, they re not going to beat young athletic heat; they skilled but they still need the big three to be in perfect shape for a whole serie too. I also said pushing the envelope too far for the spurs would get one of their mip injured sooner or later. It's exactly what s hapening; this time it's parker who went too far. It s the second time it happens to them and the oportunity window is closing fast, it's now or never for the spurs. Parker single handedly won one game, if he s not back 100%, they re not going anywhere i fear. Fact; youth always win against old, as smart and a pain in the ass old can be. You cant beat father time.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: June 12, 2013, 07:47:11 AM »
I called it a long time ago, if spurs have one of their three mip injured, they re not going to beat young athletic heat. I also said pushing the envelope too far for the spurs would get one of their mip injured sooner or later. It's exactly what s hapening; this time it's parker who went too far. It s the second time it happens to them and the oportunity window is closing fast, it's now or never for the spurs.
Hi Quickerblade!