Author Topic: Policewoman demoted over sexually explicit video  (Read 7200 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Policewoman demoted over sexually explicit video
« on: February 07, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »

A female cop who sent sex videos and pictures of herself in uniform to her lower-ranking officer lover has been demoted.
Diana Lopez, who was in a relationship with the man at the time, used her personal cell phone to send the sexually explicit content.
The public information officer for Tuscon Police Department was demoted from the rank of lieutenant to sergeant after an investigation.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/policewoman-demoted-over-sexually-explicit-video-photos/article_66edb785-73b6-5bef-986f-9bae13caef03.html

- Discuss

#

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Policewoman demoted over sexually explicit video
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »
Oh brother. Big deal. Poor broad. This is what they waste their time on?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 01:14:41 PM »
cute

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »
yeah, what was wrong with this?

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 01:20:58 PM »
She just fulfilled one of most men's top ten fantasies and they fire her? A raise would have been much better. Show that shit to any thug about to commit a crime or misdemeanor and he'll obey the law.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »
yeah, what was wrong with this?

In a public servant position, this is considered "conduct unbecoming".  It is a civil service violation, and is punishable up to firing.  She still has her job, because she's female.  HTH.   :D

NoMoreLies

• Getbig II
  • CanadianMass.com
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »
Where the vids at?
~

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 02:38:51 PM »

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 11:01:58 PM »
Where the vids at?

No the question has to be, who reported the videos?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 11:06:05 PM »
The problem is when good cops get demoted for doing these.

I can understand if police gets demoted for being bad cops, but it would be a sad state of affairs losing good and exceptional cops (that uphold the law and protect the citizen) merely for frolicking with other cops.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 11:08:44 PM »
I thought all female police were lesbians.  Why would a heterosexual woman want to spend her time hanging around with a group of misogynists?
V

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 11:15:19 PM »
No the question has to be, who reported the videos?
^^
EXACTLY, good catch Stark!!!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 11:22:39 PM »
Behaviour that reflects blah blah.  Doesn't represent our blah blah blah.

An employer doesn't get to dictate how you spend your private time.  Those who insist on doing so will draw their workers from a pool of spineless wimps who are willing to put up with it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 11:36:15 PM »
So one adult sends another adult an explicit video and this is a problem why?

The key word being "adult"
X

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 12:20:54 AM »
So one adult sends another adult an explicit video and this is a problem why?

The key word being "adult"
Behaviour that reflects blah blah.  Doesn't represent our blah blah blah.

An employer doesn't get to dictate how you spend your private time.  Those who insist on doing so will draw their workers from a pool of spineless wimps who are willing to put up with it.
The problem is the pics involved the uniform, hence a disgrace to the uniform in the form of using it in a dishonourable act. A little stupid to demote her I agree, however fair play.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 12:36:39 AM »

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 12:52:37 AM »
Post the gaping anus photos here

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 08:10:05 AM »
The problem is the pics involved the uniform, hence a disgrace to the uniform in the form of using it in a dishonourable act. A little stupid to demote her I agree, however fair play.

The problem is that the pendulum has swung way too far in favor of employers.  The question isn't whether she did anything at all to tarnish the PD's reputation.  Is what she did sufficient to justify an invasion of her privacy by an employer who would otherwise have no business there?  She wasn't acting as a representative of the PD in the video, which was clearly intended for private use, and she had done nothing in her capacity as an on duty officer to bring the PD shame.  It was the PD itself which chose to make the video a public issue when it decided to demote a public servant based on her off duty behavior.

You could argue that public service workers like cops, FD, soldiers, politicians, etc, should be held to a higher standard.  Idk, I'm undecided.  But I oppose the general trend of employment being contingent on a worker's behavior outside of work.  Drug testing, facebook monitoring, etc, should be out of bounds.  The onus should be put on employers to demonstrate that a worker set out to intentionally damage the employer through actions undertaken outside of work.  This nosing around in people's lives is unacceptable.  It represents a supremacy of corporate rights over individual rights, and it's time for the courts to rebalance the issue.

I've never been an employee, have been an employer in the past, and may be again.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 08:16:39 AM »
She should've gotten reprimanded for it, the dumb bitch took the pics in uniform. Also, most employers don't like it when co workers date. Had this been a dude, he'd be fired. This is exactly why women shouldn't be cops, or in the mitary. Russian women are the only exception, those hoes is World War Two were brutal.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 08:28:57 AM »
pretty face

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 08:32:52 AM »
I thought all female police were lesbians.  Why would a heterosexual woman want to spend her time hanging around with a group of misogynists?
::)
Why don't you ask some female officers why they want to be an officer?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 08:35:53 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 08:36:51 AM »
pretty face

Vitamin C deficiency or possibly hispanic.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »
The problem is that the pendulum has swung way too far in favor of employers.  The question isn't whether she did anything at all to tarnish the PD's reputation.  Is what she did sufficient to justify an invasion of her privacy by an employer who would otherwise have no business there?  She wasn't acting as a representative of the PD in the video, which was clearly intended for private use, and she had done nothing in her capacity as an on duty officer to bring the PD shame.  It was the PD itself which chose to make the video a public issue when it decided to demote a public servant based on her off duty behavior.

You could argue that public service workers like cops, FD, soldiers, politicians, etc, should be held to a higher standard.  Idk, I'm undecided.  But I oppose the general trend of employment being contingent on a worker's behavior outside of work.  Drug testing, facebook monitoring, etc, should be out of bounds.  The onus should be put on employers to demonstrate that a worker set out to intentionally damage the employer through actions undertaken outside of work.  This nosing around in people's lives is unacceptable.  It represents a supremacy of corporate rights over individual rights, and it's time for the courts to rebalance the issue.

I've never been an employee, have been an employer in the past, and may be again.
Again you are missing the point, the demotion did not come because of embarrasing the PD it came because her act was a disgrace to the uniform, no one has to be watching for something to be disgraceful. And if her privacy was invaded then that is HS too.

Some guy I know used his uniform for a Halloween costume when he took his son out tricker treating and he got in trouble for it so I am not surprised

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 09:22:58 AM »
All hydrogen peroxide and chlamydia