Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 983217 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #3575 on: November 27, 2017, 12:18:10 AM »
"If I were the Police Chief of all departments I would hire you and some like you to help me oversee the nations departments and provide the intel and training that is needed to bring them up to the level both you and I can be proud of. But that's not going to happen."
[/quote ]

Thank You for your hypothetical vote
Working on such a project would be tough & demanding no doubt
And extremely rewarding & interesting.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #3576 on: November 27, 2017, 03:25:28 AM »
"If I were the Police Chief of all departments I would hire you and some like you to help me oversee the nations departments and provide the intel and training that is needed to bring them up to the level both you and I can be proud of. But that's not going to happen."

ofcourse not.. he is british felon who got arrested the law pee on him,, notice how i sign this one,,

gh15 approved
lion of Judah

fallen angel

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3577 on: November 27, 2017, 11:50:15 AM »
ofcourse not.. he is british felon who got arrested the law pee on him,, notice how i sign this one,,

gh15 approved
lion of Judah

To be honest, most of the time I don't read your posts, much less notice how you sign it. No offense.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3578 on: November 27, 2017, 12:57:37 PM »
To be honest, most of the time I don't read your posts, much less notice how you sign it. No offense.

A friendly warning to you
He will likely verbally attack you in badly spelt English
Accuse you of all sorts of things
Tell you he knows who you are & where you are
Threaten you with the CIA FBI Trump Putin & uncle Tom Cobbley

Please Be Warned. He's Dangerous --- ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3579 on: November 27, 2017, 01:31:10 PM »

A friendly warning to you
He will likely verbally attack you in badly spelt English
Accuse you of all sorts of things
Tell you he knows who you are & where you are
Threaten you with the CIA FBI Trump Putin & uncle Tom Cobbley

Please Be Warned. He's Dangerous --- ::)

Duly noted

I've got nothing against him, It's probably more me than him. I have a hard time reading his posts, much of what he says I don't agree with once I figure out what he's saying. So I usually skim past his posts

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3581 on: November 28, 2017, 02:25:42 PM »

Ta Dum Ta Dum Ta Dum
I can hear 007 on his way to defend the cops
Who no Doubt were afraid for there Lives
With dealing with her.

Yes, but I must admit, Agnostic reps well.  Imo, most cops probably don't have the attention span necessary to communicate with others (at least with those of the non-cop variety) and judging by the disaster policing has become in this society, the intelligence level has sunk through the floor.

But, in all fairness, the good ones really do tend to be positive individuals.  Agnostic should post those good stories when he sees them, since it would give some balance.  (Although, imo, the truly good stuff from those officers is what goes untold for the most part.  It's the true line of separation between the heart and the mind.  Because most individual officers are, of course, willing to trick it up for mass coverage while they may well continue to offend out of camera view.)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3582 on: November 28, 2017, 02:54:13 PM »
This shows just how these criminals view and treat citizens like subhuman scum that they can freely abuse. And we are talking about an "officer" with "expertise" in identifying marijuana plants... Imagine if they didn't have this "expertise", they might have identified lettuce as marijuana and sugar as meth (it has happened before, where a "trained" cop with "eleven years of training and experience" identified donut glaze as meth).  Unfortunately, as it often happens in these cases, the criminals probably won't face any prison time or pay out of their pockets. The insurance company also shares blame for this abuse as well as whoever signed the warrant (if a warrant was actually issued, since according to the lawsuit a warrant was not produced when asked).

Here is another tidbit from this story:

It seems there are far too many individual cops who want to "make it personal" as it's the "big chance" to do that, or whatever's going on in their alleged thoughts, when it's the absolute LAST thing in the world they should want to do.  Is it mental illness on their parts?  Is it extreme immaturity?  Is it a rush from acting out on a mean-spirited streak?  WTF is wrong with them?  I really don't know.  But no one can tell me that a culture built around it, in our own PDs, is acceptable.

Let the woman have her sandals.  Get them yourselves, even, and give them to her, as I'm sure would be done if it was the only way to search that area where the sandals were located.  In this case, though, they'd already searched, and there was nothing for them to gain by going for her sandals -- so they figured they'd take a personal dig at her by making her hurt her feet on the gravel.

As for those field tests which would be better used as practical-joke gifts than police tools, someone needs to be held to account.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #3583 on: November 28, 2017, 02:58:02 PM »
Yes, but I must admit, Agnostic reps well.  Imo, most cops probably don't have the attention span necessary to communicate with others (at least with those of the non-cop variety) and judging by the disaster policing has become in this society, the intelligence level has sunk through the floor.

But, in all fairness, the good ones really do tend to be positive individuals.  Agnostic should post those good stories when he sees them, since it would give some balance.  (Although, imo, the truly good stuff from those officers is what goes untold for the most part.  It's the true line of separation between the heart and the mind.  Because most individual officers are, of course, willing to trick it up for mass coverage while they may well continue to offend out of camera view.)

There is a thread about law enforcement appreciation:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=201048.0

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3584 on: November 28, 2017, 03:09:36 PM »
There is a thread about law enforcement appreciation:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=201048.0

Yes, you're right.  I thought maybe Agnostic could give us some relief with genuine stories of good cops, on here, but unfortunately it may be of the comedic type in most cases.  The really good stuff isn't widely known.  Anyone can play it up for the camera, reporter, etc.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3585 on: November 28, 2017, 03:40:14 PM »
Yes, you're right.  I thought maybe Agnostic could give us some relief with genuine stories of good cops, on here, but unfortunately it may be of the comedic type in most cases.  The really good stuff isn't widely known.  Anyone can play it up for the camera, reporter, etc.

There might be a few stories of good cops doing things beyond their job description/union contract or exposing corruption within their departments (and not being retaliated against) which would be commendable but, alas, many times they get called "heroes" for just doing their job adequately. Probably most such stories would receive a lot of publicity anyway as the media often parrot the cops' side of the story, unlike several cases of abuse and brutality (and not just BLM stuff that is usually exaggerated and heavily politicized) that hardly ever make the news.

More body cams seem to be a positive step that would help show the actions of criminals (uniformed or not) or the actions of good people (uniformed or not) but again you have instances of selective or edited footage, cameras that just happen to "malfunction" or are "accidentally" turned off or their footage is not available or cases where citizens who record get their recording equipment confiscated (and in some cases when they retrieve it the content has been altered or erased).

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3586 on: November 28, 2017, 04:29:40 PM »
There might be a few stories of good cops doing things beyond their job description/union contract or exposing corruption within their departments (and not being retaliated against) which would be commendable but, alas, many times they get called "heroes" for just doing their job adequately. Probably most such stories would receive a lot of publicity anyway as the media often parrot the cops' side of the story, unlike several cases of abuse and brutality (and not just BLM stuff that is usually exaggerated and heavily politicized) that hardly ever make the news.

More body cams seem to be a positive step that would help show the actions of criminals (uniformed or not) or the actions of good people (uniformed or not) but again you have instances of selective or edited footage, cameras that just happen to "malfunction" or are "accidentally" turned off or their footage is not available or cases where citizens who record get their recording equipment confiscated (and in some cases when they retrieve it the content has been altered or erased).

Yeah, sorry to have to say it, but you make the case right there.  Plus, the resistance to cams has been strong.  Lack of accountability seems to be inescapable.  "Oh, my.  The camera malfunctioned!  Must've shut off on its own!  Haha."

But I'll never forget watching an old Cops episode, in which two cops responded to a possible child-neglect situation.  They found some guy who was surrounded by a good half-dozen kids, all of them clearly screwed up and unfed, filthy even by kid standards, and doing dangerous things in some cases from what I recall.  Not a woman to be found anywhere.  No way this guy was capable of taking care of himself, let alone a houseful of little kids, all probably under the age of ten.

Because of the cameras, I'm certain, the cops (one was obviously the alpha of the two, maybe from seniority or whatever) went to the grocery store and bought food and set the dude up for a little while.  But the one cop didn't want to even make the slightest move which wasn't clearly covered by the camera.  He wanted this shit on his record.  That's the typical "Good Cop" story IMO.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3587 on: November 28, 2017, 10:33:41 PM »

True any one can... But I've seen cops do a lot of things off the record for folks. I've done a lot of things off the record for families. And I'll go as far as to say I cringe a little when I scroll down my social media page and see one of my counterparts posting a good deed on social media. It goes against the grain for me. But I understand why some of them do it. The anti cop push where every mistake or bad action is posted all over social media if not evened out would make it appear every cop is a dirtbag. So some have taken to posting things to say "We do care, here are some of the things we do" but I never was one to seek attention for doing things like that and it bothers me still. Again, I understand in this day and age why it is done, but I don't care for it. I much prefer posts from citizens capturing cops doing cool things unexpectedly.. it takes away that "Its only for the cameras" mentality

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3588 on: November 28, 2017, 10:36:17 PM »

I'm with you on the body cams. I'm with you on the car cams. I was involved in helping to create our policy on cameras years ago and I think we did a good job. There are specific times when a camera can't be on.. and if a camera is turned off or not turned on in any event where it violates the policy, it is looked at in favor of the person complaining. The assumption is, if you were following policy and protocol, you would have the camera on.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3589 on: November 29, 2017, 11:41:36 AM »
Talk about a racket.. The violent criminal gang at it again.

Man Tries to Pay $10 Fine in Pennies, So Cops Beat Him Until He Defecated Himself

Royal Oaks, MI – A young man was recently attacked by court officers after attempting to pay a parking fee of $10. After the court refused to accept his payment they allegedly asked him to leave, and on security camera footage you can see him turn to walk away just before he is attacked. The video shows the guards grabbing him and choking him out, then slamming him to the ground. The attack knocked the man unconscious, and when he awoke moments later he had found that he soiled himself.

To add insult to injury, the victim, Anthony Sevy, was then charged with Disturbing the Peace and assault, and while the assault charge was dropped, he was forced to plead no contest to the other charge, fearing that it would be his only chance of escaping a 2 year prison sentence for assaulting a court officer.

Now, Sevy plans on filing a lawsuit against Royal Oak and the guards involved.

“He wasn’t happy about [the fee] so, in symbolic protest, he brought back penny rolls to pay for his ticket. The clerk wasn’t too happy about that, they refused to allow him to pay with penny rolls. As he was leaving the courthouse with his back to the officer, the court officer began to choke him out, grabbing him, brought him to the ground. Mr. Sevy passed out and defecated himself,” his attorney Jonathan Marco said.

“I don’t think anyone paying in penny rolls, whether it’s a preferred thing to do for a court clerk, warrants this type of this assaultive behavior and violation of constitutional rights. I think the more profound and long-lasting injury is the psychological injuries he’s suffering as a result of this. He’s supposed to be in a safe place. I don’t think that in everyday course of business, we poop our pants or go around defecating ourselves,” Marco added.

It was not just the $10 or the principle of the parking ticket that had Sevy mad enough to go to the courthouse with pennies, it was also the fact that he would have been charged $1.75 to pay the fee online with a credit card, essentially tacking another 20% onto his fee.

Royal Oaks is fairly notorious for their predatory revenue collection schemes in regards to parking fees and fines. Back in 2012, there was a huge local debate when Royal Oaks took advantage of a new state law that allowed them to revoke the driver’s license of anyone with 3 or more unpaid parking tickets. It was widely reported that this change could bring in nearly a million dollars in additional revenue each year. Prior to that, the city issued roughly 100,000 tickets each year, raking in millions.

“Our downtown parking system does generate about $2.15 million in revenue per year for the general fund; in turn, about 70 percent of that fund pays for police and fire, including paramedics. If you want to avoid getting a ticket, then just check out the map on the city website and park in one of our three structures for a flat fee,” City Commissioner Jim Rasor told The Patch at the time of the controversy.

Over the years it has become a popular form of peaceful protest to walk into a courthouse and pay a ridiculous fee in pennies. However, as the trend has become more popular, frustrated authoritarians have begun using the only tool they know or understand, violence. Earlier this year, police were called on a veteran attempting to pay a ticket in pennies.

As The Free Thought Project has stated before, “police need you to break traffic laws” because writing tickets and receiving funds from doing so is a considerable revenue generator for police departments. It’s how police states maintain their control over the citizenry.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/man-beaten-10-fine-pennies/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3590 on: November 30, 2017, 11:59:52 AM »
Something seems very fishy in this case. Could it be that cops conspired to kill him so he couldn't testify against them?

Baltimore Police Now Blocking FBI from Investigating Murder of Cop Set to Testify Against Fellow Cops

Baltimore, MD — In recent weeks, The Free Thought Project has been keeping a close eye on the developing case of a whistleblower with the Baltimore Police Department named Sean Suiter who was shot with his own gun the day before he was set to testify against corrupt cops within his own department.

Unlike most other shootings where police are the victims, no one has been arrested and there is no suspect to speak of. In fact, this is the only time in the history of Baltimore that a suspect in the shooting of a police officer has gone this long uncaptured.

With each day that passes, more suspicious details are uncovered which cast doubt on the official narrative that has been given by the police department since the shooting and brings suspicion upon the department itself.

Not only was Suiter set to testify in a massive corruptions case the day after his shooting but his partner was off work that day and the commissioner lied about this important detail in a press conference where he revealed the details of the case to the media. The man who filled in as Suiter’s partner on the day of his death is Facebook friends with one of the officers who is facing conviction.

On Wednesday, Congressman Elijah E. Cummings asked the director of the FBI to make the Suiter investigation one of their top priorities.

“I asked him that they use every resource available and do everything in their power to assist the Baltimore police in this investigation and make it a top priority,” Cummings said.

With the killer of a police officer on the loose for weeks and a population beginning to doubt the official word from the police department, you would think that they would be happy to bring in other agencies to help them wrap up the case, or at least prove that their hands are clean and that there is no cover-up.

However, as reported by WBAL-TV, the Baltimore Police department is not allowing the FBI to assist them in the investigation.

Department spokesman T.J. Smith said they will not be allowing any other agencies to interfere with their investigation.

“The Baltimore Police Department handles murder investigations, and the Baltimore Police Department will continue to handle this investigation,” Smith said.

The department’s refusal to allow another set of eyes on the case has even drawn criticism from the state’s governor, Larry Hogan, who told reporters that, “I have a lot of confidence in the Police Commissioner Kevin Davis in Baltimore, but at some point, the more eyes we have on this, the better.”

Read more at: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/baltimore-police-fbi-investigate-whitleblower-cops-death/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3591 on: November 30, 2017, 04:39:22 PM »
Throw them in prison for 20 years and maybe they'll be rehabilitated and learn to behave like normal human beings.

Cops Mistake Innocent Man’s Colostomy Bag for a Gun—Beat, Taser, Mace Him

Euclid, OH — Tensions among police and citizens in Euclid, Ohio have come to a head recently after police killed an unarmed 23-year-old man over a marijuana roach and officers were seen on video pulverizing another man over a suspended license. Now, the Euclid police department is sure to become infamous after body camera footage was released as part of a lawsuit against cops who mistook a colostomy bag for a gun and severely beat an innocent man.

Lamar Wright had recently undergone a surgery last year when he was driving home and stopped to use the phone. According to a federal lawsuit filed against the Euclid Police Department on Thursday, Wright had simply pulled over to safely use his phone and was subsequently attacked, assaulted, and arrested by belligerent cops for no reason.

According to the civil complaint, Wright pulled into a driveway on East 212th Street “to safely use his cell phone” on Nov. 4, 2016. Two armed men approached his vehicle, and, realizing they were police officers, Wright placed his car in park and held his hands up.

Officer Kyle Flagg’s gun “was raised and pointed toward Wright,” as he stood next to the driver’s door. Office Vashon Williams stood behind Flagg, his gun raised as well, reports the Cleveland Scene.

Flagg ordered Wright from the vehicle, but before he could even comply, the cops started forcefully prying the recovering surgical patient from the car.

“Flagg yanked on Wright’s left arm,” the lawsuit reads. “Wright was still seated in the car at this time, and had staples in his stomach and a new colostomy bag. This, in combination with Flagg yanking on his left arm, prevented Wright from extending his right arm toward Flagg. … Flagg’s conduct caused Wright extreme pain. Wright cried out to Flagg several times that he was hurting his arm, but Flagg ignored him.”

Clearly in agony from the brute force of the cops attacking the post-op patient, Wright grabbed at his colostomy bag, crying out in pain, all the while attempting to explain to the cops what was going on. They wanted nothing to do with hearing his problems, however, and proceeded to taser, pepper spray, and slam Wright to the ground before he could get a word in edgewise.

The lawsuit notes that both cops “had the duty and opportunity to intervene to protect Wright, and to prevent the unconstitutional use of force against Wright. Neither Flagg nor Williams did anything to prevent this unlawful attack.”

“I got a shit bag!” Wright yells as the cops forced him to the ground causing him excruciating pain. Again, the cops proved they couldn’t care less about the pain and suffering—caused by their fear, ignorance, and violence—of an innocent man.

As the body camera continues to roll after Wright is taken out by the officers, we can hear them claiming they thought the colostomy bag was a gun. Even after Wright explains to them what it was, they were still seemingly oblivious.

“Dude, I thought he had a gun,” Flagg says.

“He started reaching,” Williams says.

“Why the fuck are you reaching like that?” Flagg asks Wright.

“I told you I got a bag!”

“No, dude, you were reaching with your right hand.”

“I got a bag!”

“What’s a bag?” Williams asks.

“A shit bag, man!”

“OK, but what are you doing reaching for it?” Williams asks.

“I don’t know if you’re getting ready to shoot me or what, man,” Flagg says.

For committing absolutely no crime, Wright was charged with obstructing official business, resisting arrest, and criminal trespass — all fabricated, according to the lawsuit, to justify the horrific abuse.

The suit also alleges that the officers “mocked” Wright for his pain upon taking him to the hospital, and that although he made his nearly $900 bond, “he was subjected to a search via a full-body x-ray scanner. … Only after this scanning was complete, approximately four to five hours after bond had been posted, was Wright finally permitted to walk free.”

Wright says in the suit that he was forced to pay $1,000 for the damage the pepper spray caused to the rental car and he’s since been put on a “do not rent” list as a result.

In spite of all the egregious charges being dropped and video showing the unnecessary and brutal escalation of force, neither of the officers were disciplined and, in fact, chief Scott Meyer announced last week that the Department had been awarded the AAA Platinum Award for community traffic safety. You cannot make this stuff up.

“I filed this case to stand up against police brutality, and to stand with other victims of senseless attacks by officers from the Euclid Police Department. These officers’ illegal treatment of people in the city must stop,” Wright said in a public statement. “We need justice for all the victims of the EPD.”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-mistake-colostomy-bag-gun/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3592 on: November 30, 2017, 04:54:45 PM »

Baltimore is a complete cesspool

Something seems very fishy in this case. Could it be that cops conspired to kill him so he couldn't testify against them?

Baltimore Police Now Blocking FBI from Investigating Murder of Cop Set to Testify Against Fellow Cops

Baltimore, MD — In recent weeks, The Free Thought Project has been keeping a close eye on the developing case of a whistleblower with the Baltimore Police Department named Sean Suiter who was shot with his own gun the day before he was set to testify against corrupt cops within his own department.

Unlike most other shootings where police are the victims, no one has been arrested and there is no suspect to speak of. In fact, this is the only time in the history of Baltimore that a suspect in the shooting of a police officer has gone this long uncaptured.

With each day that passes, more suspicious details are uncovered which cast doubt on the official narrative that has been given by the police department since the shooting and brings suspicion upon the department itself.

Not only was Suiter set to testify in a massive corruptions case the day after his shooting but his partner was off work that day and the commissioner lied about this important detail in a press conference where he revealed the details of the case to the media. The man who filled in as Suiter’s partner on the day of his death is Facebook friends with one of the officers who is facing conviction.

On Wednesday, Congressman Elijah E. Cummings asked the director of the FBI to make the Suiter investigation one of their top priorities.

“I asked him that they use every resource available and do everything in their power to assist the Baltimore police in this investigation and make it a top priority,” Cummings said.

With the killer of a police officer on the loose for weeks and a population beginning to doubt the official word from the police department, you would think that they would be happy to bring in other agencies to help them wrap up the case, or at least prove that their hands are clean and that there is no cover-up.

However, as reported by WBAL-TV, the Baltimore Police department is not allowing the FBI to assist them in the investigation.

Department spokesman T.J. Smith said they will not be allowing any other agencies to interfere with their investigation.

“The Baltimore Police Department handles murder investigations, and the Baltimore Police Department will continue to handle this investigation,” Smith said.

The department’s refusal to allow another set of eyes on the case has even drawn criticism from the state’s governor, Larry Hogan, who told reporters that, “I have a lot of confidence in the Police Commissioner Kevin Davis in Baltimore, but at some point, the more eyes we have on this, the better.”

Read more at: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/baltimore-police-fbi-investigate-whitleblower-cops-death/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3593 on: November 30, 2017, 05:46:26 PM »
Remember this case? Now the killer is suing to get disability pension, claiming he has PTSD and "total and permanent disabilities".

Officer involved in fatal shooting suing for disability pension

PUNTA GORDA — The former Punta Gorda police officer who shot and killed a retired librarian during a training exercise last August is suing his department’s pension board for refusing to grant him a disability pension for post-traumatic stress he claims to suffer as a result of the killing.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20171129/officer-involved-in-fatal-shooting-suing-for-disability-pension

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3594 on: November 30, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »

The thing is, and it's been said by the anti police segment and I happen to agree with it.. there are a lot of positive stories available, but in my opinion, those are things good people are supposed to do. But I also know that some news media outfits don't like to run positive stories about police so departments push trying to make their own news and for most of us it just feels wrong. But without it.. all people see are the bad stories so it's damned if you do.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3595 on: December 01, 2017, 11:11:55 AM »
No protests for this young man. So much for his "white privilege" we keep hearing about. The killer should've been executed but of course his killing was deemed "justifiable".

Parents Get $2.4 Million After Cop Killed Their Unarmed Child on Video For Flexing His Rights

Eaton County, MI — It was announced in 2015 that the officer who shot and killed 17-year-old Deven Guilford for flexing his rights, would not be charged with any crimes. His family was devastated. However, after a long fight in the courts, a judge ruled in August that the federal lawsuit against his killer, Sgt. Jonathan Frost, could proceed to trial on two claims of excessive force. And, this week, the family finally has closure after reaching a $2.4 million settlement.

Deven’s father said the decision to settle was “emotional” and “difficult.” He said the family acted on the advice of their attorneys, but still struggles with finding closure over the death of their son, the Lansing State Journal reported.

“The life we had is no more,” Brian Guilford said Thursday. “I don’t think it’s something people can understand unless they’ve lost a child.”

Although the family agreed in January not to pursue Eaton County in the lawsuit, they have still been footing the bill for Frost’s legal expenses, as well as any settlement or judgment if the case went to trial.

“Ending this matter will hopefully allow the family to mourn their loss privately and not continue to be faced with their pain publicly through the course of a protracted legal battle,” Eaton County Controller John Fuentes said in a statement.

According to the Journal, the settlement requires that the lawsuit be dismissed “with prejudice” and that the Guilford family sign a general release of liability preventing any further claims, James Dyer, an attorney for Eaton County and Frost said in a statement after the settlement was announced.

“We know no settlement amount will bring back their son, but like the Guilford family, Jon thinks about and prays for Deven Guilford every day,” Dyer said. “This settlement will at least help avoid a long, protracted and painful legal battle for everyone involved.”

“I think we did the right thing,” Guilford said through tears. “We do feel some closure, but it’s hard to say how much closure you feel, because today is so emotional. I just pray somehow law enforcement will take a different approach.”

That fateful night in 2015, Deven was traveling along the road and flashed his lights at an officer because his headlights were so bright that they nearly made Deven run off the road. He was then pulled over by Sgt. Frost of the Eaton County Sheriff’s Office, who stopped the young man for no other reason than the fact that he flashed his lights.

When Frost approached the car, Guilford explained that he was simply flashing his lights to be a polite driver, and let the officer know that his high beams were on so he didn’t cause an accident.

The officer began to get aggressive with Guilford when he attempted to flex his rights during the traffic stop. Guilford refused to show the officer his license and registration because he had broken no laws and the officer had no reason to stop him.

Guilford also began recording the encounter with his cell phone and let the officer know that he was filming for his own safety. He then asked the officer if he was being detained and for what reason. He was told that he was being detained because he refused to comply with Frost and show him his ID. However, not showing his ID is a secondary offense, meaning the officer would actually need a real reason to pull him over to begin with.

On a power trip, Frost violently ripped Guilford out of the vehicle and forced him down to the ground. Guilford attempted to remain filming while he complied with the officer’s orders and moved to the ground. Sadly, Guilford was not moving fast enough for Frost, so he tased the young boy. At this time, both the body camera and the cell phone footage cut out.

Off camera, Frost shot and killed the young boy. The known details are sparse because the killing happened out of the view of the dash-cam, and the body camera was turned off at that point. However, the officer claims that the young boy attacked him, so he “feared for his life” and killed him, firing 7 shots from his weapon.

Photos later surfaced of Frost bleeding from the face at the hospital. However, as the judge in the case stated, it was “inconceivable” for Guilford to have inflicted this damage.

“For someone who claims he was being ‘pummeled’ while lying on the ground, it remains curious that there were relatively few injuries to his face and almost no injuries to the back of his head,” federal Judge Paul Maloney, who allowed the lawsuit to continue, wrote. “…Moreover, Guilford had not a single bruise or cut to his hands — almost inconceivable, a jury could conclude, if he was ‘pummeling’ Frost to the point where he feared he would lose consciousness.”

Brian Guilford said the family was thankful for Maloney’s ruling.

“Ultimately, (Frost) knows he killed a very innocent, fun-loving, non-threatening teenage boy. He got killed because he made a police officer mad. No one will ever convince me Frost was afraid when he pulled Deven out of his car. What we really hold on to is Judge Maloney’s ruling and his opinion.”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-kills-devon-guilford-family-settlement/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3596 on: December 01, 2017, 07:41:38 PM »
The thing is, and it's been said by the anti police segment and I happen to agree with it.. there are a lot of positive stories available, but in my opinion, those are things good people are supposed to do. But I also know that some news media outfits don't like to run positive stories about police so departments push trying to make their own news and for most of us it just feels wrong. But without it.. all people see are the bad stories so it's damned if you do.

The positive stories should be listed
If what they do goes above & beyond what is there normal
Police role. They Should be Celebrated.
I would acknowledge & praise them.

This is the case with what you call negative stories
They are negative because the cops don't act properly
And act like organised armed thugs & fall way below
Any level of acceptable policing or decent behaviour.
They Should be Held Accountable.
Likewise I  see them as Thugs Arsewipes & Criminals.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3597 on: December 01, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »
The positive stories should be listed
If what they do goes above & beyond what is there normal
Police role. They Should be Celebrated.
I would acknowledge & praise them.

This is the case with what you call negative stories
They are negative because the cops don't act properly
And act like organised armed thugs & fall way below
Any level of acceptable policing or decent behaviour.
They Should be Held Accountable.
Likewise I  see them as Thugs Arsewipes & Criminals.

https://www.amazon.com/Police-Ethics-Corruption-Noble-Cause/dp/1437744559/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1512187460&sr=1-2&keywords=the+corruption+of+noble+cause

Don't know if you enjoy nonfiction but this is a good read about police behavior and how some of the things that happen happen.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3599 on: December 02, 2017, 12:31:25 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/Police-Ethics-Corruption-Noble-Cause/dp/1437744559/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1512187460&sr=1-2&keywords=the+corruption+of+noble+cause

Don't know if you enjoy nonfiction but this is a good read about police behavior and how some of the things that happen happen.

I tend to only read nonfiction books.
That I would dare say is a book I'd enjoy reading
& No doubt give me knowledge & insight.