Author Topic: THIS GUY THINKS HE IS ON THE GENETIC TOP END!  (Read 9698 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: THIS GUY THINKS HE IS ON THE GENETIC TOP END!
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 08:23:43 PM »
I don't think they are any easier.  I was doing the 120s last week for a set of four reps with the same form Layne had in that clip, after pyramiding up starting with the 60s.  I wouldn't even be able to do one rep with the 150s and I don't consider myself a weak presser as far as naturals go.

You're a fairly average presser, I'm just a bit stronger and I am a fairly average presser too.   You can get there in maybe a year though.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2006, 08:31:13 PM »
Monster calves!  The kilt thing and rave music....makes you wonder why people think bobybuiding is gay ???  Oh brother.
He has a good build, but when I saw "guest posing", I said :-X
N

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 08:33:29 PM »
I think average for the serious lifting club perhaps.

Look at it like this: a 200 pound bench press is a big milestone for your average Joes who workout but maybe not as consistently as they would like to, but enough to consider it a hobby.

300 pounds puts you in a more elite group of those who really take things seriously and over time.

400 pounds for a natural would make you in an even more elite group.

500 pounds for a natural - well, I'm not convinced that many (if any) of these guys even exist.

So benching in the low 300s is ok, but average or below average here on getbig or in the teen section of BB.com.  ;D

Yep I do mean serious lifting.  People going for 200 pound presses don't really count :)

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »
there's no point in getting shredded if you;re a natty - you just end up losing all of your size and look like an average person covered up.

Even if you do keep all of the muscle, you'll still look like a weak little child next to someone who just started a cycle

Better to be lean and hold a bit of fat and look the part than diet down to 4% bf and look life a skeleton.

Moron.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2006, 08:38:26 PM »
a
Bodybuilding Pro.com

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2006, 08:38:57 PM »
They are the 150s.  Layne's bench press 1RM was 350 back in 2002 so it's probably 370 or 380 now.  He's 5'10 and 1/2 and competes at around 200.  He's definitely noa slouch.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2006, 08:55:16 PM »
LOL.

Regardless, I think he is doing ok.  Forgive him for getting an ego, but he is treated like a rock star by the teens on BB.com.
really? lol.  what the fuck..     theres at least 15 guys on every high school football team that oculd step onstage today and beat him at his best(im assuming those videos are his best)... and probably anoth 15 linemen and linebackers who given a couple months to get in shap would also beat him.

hes nothing special..
d[-_-]b actin all cool

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2006, 09:01:45 PM »
check out my quads, duuuuuuuude!

thisiskeith12

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2006, 09:20:20 PM »
I didn't think you were supposed to pop through your poses so quickly. He may as well have done a fitness video.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2006, 09:51:05 PM »
lol all the guys that layne banned from bodybuilding.com have found a home here :P

E
E

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2006, 09:56:27 PM »
240 does not possess a particularly outstanding intellect.

Hope this helps.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Motherboy (the band).

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2006, 10:08:56 PM »
Adonis, what can you db press?

whitewidow

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2006, 10:11:50 PM »
LOL- HES PROBABLY NOT AS DELUTIONAL AS YOU ALEXXX-LOL ID PUT ME MONEY ON THIS GUY OVERALEXXX ANYDAY- ALEX IS A TWIG-LOL

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2006, 11:52:39 PM »
I don't either but I'm curious.

jacshelb

• Getbig II
  • "guys in tank tops are assholes"
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2006, 11:54:34 PM »
I've seen pictures of him on another forum where he looked to deserve pro status in a natural federation.  These pics don't seem as impressive.  I can definately respect what he has accomplished, but, of course, that's no reason to become arrogant.  Not that I know him, I'm just speaking in general.  Some people have good genetics (to some degree or another), work hard, and know what they are doing.  So what?  Don't get too carried away.  

One of my best friends is natural and has been training steadily for 8  months (he has trained here and there before that) and already has 18" arms.  He's definately gifted in that department and in gaining mass in general.  But, he thinks he knows everything sometimes because of this.  When he starts telling me about the miracles of nitro-tech I have to tune him out...  He's a good guy, but you gotta remember to remain humble- especially when you accomplish more because people are looking up to you at that point.

Jacob

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2006, 12:46:22 AM »
lol all the guys that layne banned from bodybuilding.com have found a home here :P

E

I came here to Getbig because of Layne. He banned me from BB.com and I left there because he actually banned me several times. After I left I decided to come here and have never went back since!  ;D
~

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2006, 01:25:38 AM »
Layne Norton could problably care less.

He actually turned pro last year so whether you like him or not, he's paid his dues

...sigh....turning "pro"?...with which federation, V?  Listen, some people still realize the FACTS that if you don't get PAID for your efforts, you're NOT a "PRO"...there are MANY "pro's" in the IFBB who haven't made a DIME....and they're not true pros!

Just cause this guy Layne won some natty show and they deemed him a "pro", what the hell does that mean?  NOTHING.  He might have won a weight category or perhaps an overall, but if it wasn't with the IFBB, it doesn't mean much...heck, even in the IFBB it doesn't mean much!!!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 03:01:20 AM »
I came here to Getbig because of Layne. He banned me from BB.com and I left there because he actually banned me several times. After I left I decided to come here and have never went back since!  ;D

Why did you get banned?  The lack of story suggests that you probably deserved it yes?

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2006, 04:01:38 AM »
I don't know why there is so much negativity towards Layne? He occasionally post on the Jon Harris natural forum in the UK and always makes valid and intelligent contributions.He has a good natural physique and has to courage to get on stage and 'walk the walk' winning 2 pro qualifiers,I believe(although I agree that there are no real 'pro' bodybuilders as no-one makes a living from it-the winner of the WNBF Worlds,Rob Hope for the past 2 years,gets about $4,000).

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2006, 04:04:47 AM »
there's no point in getting shredded if you;re a natty - you just end up losing all of your size and look like an average person covered up.

Even if you do keep all of the muscle, you'll still look like a weak little child next to someone who just started a cycle

Better to be lean and hold a bit of fat and look the part than diet down to 4% bf and look life a skeleton.

If you don't get shredded then you won't win contests end of story.Of course you look small in clothes but will create the illusion of being a lot bigger on stage if you are in great condition.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2006, 06:47:48 AM »
???

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3174404613511028256&q=layne+norton&hl=en

Guy has possibly the worst genetics for bodybuilding.

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 226 (offseason)
Calves: 17"
Thighs: 27.25" (at largest part) & 26" (at halfway up the thigh)
Waist: 35"
Chest & Back: 48"
Shoulders: 55.25"
Arms: 18"

Sorry Alexxx, he is in a lot better shape than you are.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2006, 06:49:08 AM »
Damn right! Little queer had the nerve to say I am on the lower end of genetics.. LOL I beat this fool so bad!

Yeah, he was wrong about you being on the lower end. You are on the lowest end.
The House that Ruth built

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2006, 06:58:34 AM »
I think average for the serious lifting club perhaps.

Look at it like this: a 200 pound bench press is a big milestone for your average Joes who workout but maybe not as consistently as they would like to, but enough to consider it a hobby.

300 pounds puts you in a more elite group of those who really take things seriously and over time.

400 pounds for a natural would make you in an even more elite group.

500 pounds for a natural - well, I'm not convinced that many (if any) of these guys even exist.

So benching in the low 300s is ok, but average or below average here on getbig or in the teen section of BB.com.  ;D

well, if a natural is able to press 315lbs for 10 solid reps, that's very good. cause his one rep max should be around 410lbs
Get Big, or Die Trying

thisiskeith12

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2006, 07:19:50 AM »
I am not so sure he's natural.

~salmon~

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2006, 07:29:12 AM »
LOL Why is he wearing a drawstring kilt and carrying around a tin foil sword? hahhahhahahhah

But wait...it gets worse:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5400361237287537745&q=layne+norton&hl=en

Buahahhahaha ha ha hhabahabahehehaihaiehnah abaheha!!11!!1!1 HAhA aha aha ah!h1h1h ;D ;D HA aha ahahahaha...WTF ???  HAh aha aha aha ah :-\ :-\ ah aha ahah11!!!1!!1111