Author Topic: It's too bad that Columbine High School didn't have an ARMED GUARD  (Read 15671 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: It's too bad that Columbine High School didn't have an ARMED GUARD
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2012, 09:08:14 PM »
Would not have mattered.   10 - 10 rounds clips is just as deadly. 

From what I gather - the mother is mostly to blame here along w this psychotic nut 

except he has to stop and reload

then factor in the human element and the fact that the person is CRAZY

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2012, 09:11:26 PM »
except he has to stop and reload

then factor in the human element and the fact that the person is CRAZY

Correct - so he pulls out the handgun instead and starts blasting like VA Tech instead - you can stop crazy unless you shoot him 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 09:12:04 PM »
This freak could have gotten a 5 gallon cannister of gas, a molotov cocktail, a pipe bomb, etc and done just as much harm  

Correct.  I thought he left the rifle in the car, that it was twin handguns (both of which will remain legal) that were used for the shooting?

He could have thrown molotov cocktails, or just lit rubbing alcohol with lighters, and done way more harm to more people.  

Guns aren't the problem - the problem is 3 groups....
1) crazy douchebags out to kill
2) liberal idiots who blame guns for everything
3) far-right idiots who are itching for trigger time.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »
I totally understand that

I don't think we can stop these guys and I don't think limiting their ability to kill is a bad thing

I'm guessing you think not having access to a 30 round clip is a worse thing than making those inaccessible to EVERYONE except LE
again with the magazine capacity thing, look I understand the reasoning behind your view point but you really must know its not realistic. A person who wants to commit acts like these often times plan their attacks. If they are going to plan their attacks do you not think they will practice changing out magazines?

Do you think you would have time to bum rush any of those guys in the videos I posted?

Or they could simply use multiple guns like they did at columbine and when one gun was empty just drop it and move on to the next one....

Ppl will find away around whatever laws you create. That doesnt mean we shouldnt put in place laws to stop these things from happening but they should be focused on the cause not the medium.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2012, 09:17:48 PM »
again with the magazine capacity thing, look I understand the reasoning behind your view point but you really must know its not realistic. A person who wants to commit acts like these often times plan their attacks. If they are going to plan their attacks do you not think they will practice changing out magazines?

Do you think you would have time to bum rush any of those guys in the videos I posted?

Or they could simply use multiple guns like they did at columbine and when one gun was empty just drop it and move on to the next one....

Ppl will find away around whatever laws you create. That doesnt mean we shouldnt put in place laws to stop these things from happening but they should be focused on the cause not the medium.

the examples I'm pointing to actually happened

how much more realistic do you need?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »
the examples I'm pointing to actually happened

how much more realistic do you need?
and I can point to many others where they were able to change mags or used multiple guns so they didnt have to change mags.

Like I said, its very easy to get around...The example your using is the exception to the rule not the rule.

Do you not see from the videos I posted how quickly someone can change a magazine when they practice it and have the proper equipment?

Youre pointing out one example there are many examples where it wouldnt have made a difference at all.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »
How about investing in training and education on spotting the signs of mental illness and addressing it?

You've  posted this in other threads. What do you mean by "addressing" it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2012, 09:33:27 PM »
You've  posted this in other threads. What do you mean by "addressing" it?

PT and beat the living shit of these slackers unil they are set strsight. 

PT, situps, pushups, negatives, dips 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2012, 09:41:19 PM »

No, seriously. Do you feel the same way as McTones?

I've been busy with Christmas and work stuff and haven't been able to add much more than a line or two to these threads, but I've tried to keep up with the comments. I noticed the thread McTones started calling out Libs on what gun control measures we'd enact. I've seen him post in multiple threads that "addressing" the mental illness would be a better solution.  What kind of "addressing" does he think would be better than gun control?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2012, 09:41:54 PM »
You've  posted this in other threads. What do you mean by "addressing" it?
depends on the type of mental illness and severity of it.

But for the sake of keeping this discussion going identifying the disorder. Educating the person, their family, educators, handlers etc on their condition. Making sure that those individual have proper pschiatric treatment, supervision and medicating them if necessary

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2012, 09:43:27 PM »

I've been busy with Christmas and work stuff and haven't been able to add much more than a line or two to these threads, but I've tried to keep up with the comments. I noticed the thread McTones started calling out Libs on what gun control measures we'd enact. I've seen him post in multiple threads that "addressing" the mental illness would be a better solution.  What kind of "addressing" does he think would be better than gun control?
so you think that getting rid of guns will stop these crazies?

why are you not yelling for a gun ban in afghanistan?

guns arent the problem, you know that right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »

I've been busy with Christmas and work stuff and haven't been able to add much more than a line or two to these threads, but I've tried to keep up with the comments. I noticed the thread McTones started calling out Libs on what gun control measures we'd enact. I've seen him post in multiple threads that "addressing" the mental illness would be a better solution.  What kind of "addressing" does he think would be better than gun control?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »
it's tricky here....

we can beat the shit out of people who are crazy.
we can lock them up or give them lobotamies..

but that's not republican thinking, live and let live, stay out of peoples lives... that's kinda a nanny state thinking.
I dont claim to know what the solution is, but I know more govt paperwork limiting peoples freedoms isn't something ron paul would like, and sounds like something obama woudl love.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2012, 09:47:08 PM »
it's tricky here....

we can beat the shit out of people who are crazy.
we can lock them up or give them lobotamies..

but that's not republican thinking, live and let live, stay out of peoples lives... that's kinda a nanny state thinking.
I dont claim to know what the solution is, but I know more govt paperwork limiting peoples freedoms isn't something ron paul would like, and sounds like something obama woudl love.
I dont see educating ppl on how to identify and deal with mental illness is limiting ppls freedoms.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »
I dont see educating ppl on how to identify and deal with mental illness is limiting ppls freedoms.

How do you think people should deal with mental illness that would be a better solution than gun control?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2012, 09:55:38 PM »

Didn't one of the cadets end up blowing his commanding officer's brains out, then committing suicide? What point are trying to make that I'm missing?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »

I quoted 333386.  he didn't say anything about "educating" people.  :)  Rather,

To me, a govt that will beat the shit out of people and force them to exercise sounds like a michelle obama wet dream.   Ron Paul wouldn't force people with medical conditions to do pushups, nor beat them physically. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2012, 10:20:34 PM »
Time to end this thread once and for all.
GUNS ARE FOR PUSSIES!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2012, 01:57:52 AM »
I have a Saiga 12, Mossbeeg 500, Remi 870, as well as a Benelli 12 Guage. 

To be honest - were i going into a war zone or trying to go in for the kill, the Remi 870 pump action is what im going in with.   6 shots in the tube.   However, each shot of 4 buck into a crowd would do serious damage. 

Mossberg is great weapon as is the bennelli   The Saiga jams sometimes but its a semi auto.   

I like my Bennelli.....don't shoot it enough but it looks cool as hell. 

Tommy...post of the year with all the vids.....besides if you ban high capacity mags like 15 rnd 9mms....the rest of us will buy bigger 10 rnd handguns....libs are idiots.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2012, 01:59:46 AM »
Time to end this thread once and for all.
GUNS ARE FOR PUSSIES!

You're a pussy....how about that.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2012, 05:37:42 AM »
How do you think people should deal with mental illness that would be a better solution than gun control?
depends on the type of mental illness and severity of it.

But for the sake of keeping this discussion going identifying the disorder. Educating the person, their family, educators, handlers etc on their condition. Making sure that those individual have proper pschiatric treatment, supervision and medicating them if necessary
did you miss this post?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2012, 01:18:55 PM »
and I can point to many others where they were able to change mags or used multiple guns so they didnt have to change mags.

Like I said, its very easy to get around...The example your using is the exception to the rule not the rule.

Do you not see from the videos I posted how quickly someone can change a magazine when they practice it and have the proper equipment?

Youre pointing out one example there are many examples where it wouldnt have made a difference at all.

I think I've said this a few times already. There is a difference between a sane person who has a lot of experience with guns, who practices how to change a magazine quickly and then videos himself doing it under absolutely NO STRESS and then posts the best video of himself on the web......

AND

and insane person with little or no experience with guns who has finally has a mental breakdown and decides to kill a bunch of people and then proceeds to do so with all the stress, pandemonium and chaos of an actual shooting

even the trained person could fuck up under those circumstance much less the untrained person who is mentally ill

I'd rather increase the odds of survival in favor of the innocent victims

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »

You're a pussy....how about that.

Ouch, I must have hit a nerve.  Now go and powder your vagina.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »
I think I've said this a few times already. There is a difference between a sane person who has a lot of experience with guns, who practices how to change a magazine quickly and then videos himself doing it under absolutely NO STRESS and then posts the best video of himself on the web......

AND

and insane person with little or no experience with guns who has finally has a mental breakdown and decides to kill a bunch of people and then proceeds to do so with all the stress, pandemonium and chaos of an actual shooting

even the trained person could fuck up under those circumstance much less the untrained person who is mentally ill

I'd rather increase the odds of survival in favor of the innocent victims
so its your contention these attacks are spontaneous and not pre planned?

Id rather increase the chance or survival as well but by addressing the problem as the source...Not by taking away the medium of choice at the moment leaving these individuals to simply choose another medium....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »
so its your contention these attacks are spontaneous and not pre planned?
I never said that

go back and read my post

I think everything I've said (and repeated at least a few times) is very clear

Don't turn into McWay on me
Id rather increase the chance or survival as well but by addressing the problem as the source...Not by taking away the medium of choice at the moment leaving these individuals to simply choose another medium....

fine by me

the shooter in CO had a 100 round drum magazine

I'd prefer if that wasn't available for the next nut job