Author Topic: It's too bad that Columbine High School didn't have an ARMED GUARD  (Read 15662 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: It's too bad that Columbine High School didn't have an ARMED GUARD
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »
the shooter in CO had a 100 round drum magazine

I'd prefer if that wasn't available for the next nut job

33 and tony,

are you okay with ANY limit on magazine size?  Are you okay with a 200 round handgun magazine, if it would work efficiently?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2012, 08:03:38 PM »
OMG!!!  I can't even see the roughest highschool in one of our toughest neighbourhoods being in need of a cop. What are American schools like?!  :o :o  :o :o
american kids are gangster as shit. last year at the high school i went to  this girl strabbed another girl in the stomach in the hallway and theres was a huge pool of blood on the ground and everything. the school recently put up a giant steel fence all around its borders, partly cuz of that incident. we had lots of stabbings when i was in high school, but they would happen after school at a nearby park where the mexicans would go for their fights. we always had lots of fights and when they happened they were a festival/celebration/entertainmen for the rest of us. i remember one year me and my friend got called into the deans office because the schools security camera had caught us on tape instigating a fight  between two kids and once it started we were both jumping up and down excited and my friend was giving high-5's to everybody. funny shit (at the time).   long story short...   we have a ton of violence. kids here glorify the hell out of it and actively seek out confrontation.   its like that old saying "I wish a motha fucka would.."  <- thats the mentality for alot of kids (praying somebody would disrespect them or give any reason to punch them in the face)

another story from when i was in high school.. this kid in me p.e. class always got picked on by everybody... one day after school while waiting for the bus he said something stupid to this guy who is in our class and who hated him..  kid got knocked out with a single punch and while laying on the cement unconscious in front of hundreds of other kids the guy who knocked him out unzipped his pants, pulled out his dick, and pissed all over the kids face and body.  ;D  for the rest of that year everybody would always say shit like "GOT PEED ON!!" and "smells like piss!" whenever hed come around.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2012, 08:35:07 PM »
Yeah... I missed your earlier reply.
so you think that getting rid of guns will stop these crazies?

why are you not yelling for a gun ban in afghanistan?

guns arent the problem, you know that right?

Why are you not screaming about mental health policy in Afghanistan? I live in America. Whatever interest I have in American gun policy is PRACTICAL, not theorectical. And I'm not "screaming for a gun ban", I'm supporting rational gun control.
depends on the type of mental illness and severity of it.

But for the sake of keeping this discussion going identifying the disorder. Educating the person, their family, educators, handlers etc on their condition. Making sure that those individual have proper pschiatric treatment, supervision and medicating them if necessary

What does this even mean? I mean, I'm all for responsible mental health policy and our society can do better, but in a practical sense, what does this mean in regards to gun violence? "Educating people" and "making sure they have proper psychiatric treatment"? This is like a  gun control advocate saying "making sure only responsible citizens have guns". Most of these shooters managed their lives on  day to day basis. Are you advocating legislation to put someone in charge of them?  This is more a nice idea, than  a realistic way to bureaucratically deal with mental illness.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2012, 08:39:25 PM »
Do you realize you are not addressing the cause of these attacks?

Again the two worst mass murders in US history were done without guns. You realize that if you actually address the problem then you might stop the attacks all together?

Why do you keep repeating this? Is your point that there are things that can be deadlier than guns? 
Following the world trade attacks, anything that could be remotely used as a weapon was banned on a plane, anyone who had the faintest ties to anything middle eastern was flagged and everyone had to go through tedious security checks. How do you figure this is attacking the problem at the source. That is more akin to stringent gun control than "addressing the problem".

But if you want to make the argument that steps were taken to "address the root of the problem", fine, I won't argue with you. Both steps were taken; preventative and reactionary. So, why so insistent that an either/or approach is the only option? From what we know, there's a possibility Lanza's spree was set off when he found out that his mother was considering committing him after he'd become too difficult to handle on her own. So, it looks like "addressing the root of the problem" was not the way to go in this situation. And who knows if there's any gun control policy that could have prevented it?  What  situations like this require is that we learn from them and prepare to do better in the future. No law or policy is enacted with the intention  that it will be 100% fool-proof and never violated. The intention is always to do the best in mitigating worst-case scenarios based on what we've seen happen in the past.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2012, 06:08:08 AM »
Yeah... I missed your earlier reply.
Why are you not screaming about mental health policy in Afghanistan? I live in America. Whatever interest I have in American gun policy is PRACTICAL, not theorectical. And I'm not "screaming for a gun ban", I'm supporting rational gun control.

What does this even mean? I mean, I'm all for responsible mental health policy and our society can do better, but in a practical sense, what does this mean in regards to gun violence? "Educating people" and "making sure they have proper psychiatric treatment"? This is like a  gun control advocate saying "making sure only responsible citizens have guns". Most of these shooters managed their lives on  day to day basis. Are you advocating legislation to put someone in charge of them?  This is more a nice idea, than  a realistic way to bureaucratically deal with mental illness.
Ive asked many times what rational controls you want and how they would prevent the incidents your using to push them and have not received an answer...

Many of these ppl commiting these crimes didnt receive proper medical care. Likely they didnt even know they were mentally ill in the first place. Likely their parents, friends and educators didnt know they were mentally ill. Im not suggesting they have a 24/7 handler but making sure they get the proper treatment whether its education, therapy, medication etc. IS ADDRESSING THE PROBLEM!!!!!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2012, 06:13:53 AM »
The Nutters are just pissed because one of their own went and shot up a school full of kids.  The Shooter wasn't mentally ill, he was just another ANGRY Gun Nutter.  Another solution is too just lock up all the ANGRY GUN Nutters, this could have a serious impact, but it may reduce the GETBIG members significantly. (Cue the angry Gun Nutters in 3....2.....1....)
V

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2012, 06:16:55 AM »
(Cue the angry Gun Nutters in 3....2.....1....)
so...your another jagson gimmick!!!!

The Nutters are just pissed because one of their own went and shot up a school full of kids.  The Shooter wasn't mentally ill, he was just another ANGRY Gun Nutter.  Another solution is too just lock up all the ANGRY GUN Nutters, this could have a serious impact, but it may reduce the GETBIG members significantly.
This guy wasnt a gun nut, he didnt even own a gun...

His mother was worried about his mental state as were others as well.

He certainly was angry though, must have been all those lowd scawy guns around him that made him go off right E-Kunt?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2012, 06:22:12 AM »
so...your another jagson gimmick!!!!
This guy wasnt a gun nut, he didnt even own a gun...

His mother was worried about his mental state as were others as well.

He certainly was angry though, must have been all those lowd scawy guns around him that made him go off right E-Kunt?

Of Course he was a Gun Nutter, his mother has been quoted as saying he was a keen beginner enthusiast, how could he not be, being raised with a Gun Nutter as a Mother.  He knew enough to "jungle tape" his .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle for efficient killing.
V

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2012, 06:25:35 AM »
Of Course he was a Gun Nutter, his mother has been quoted as saying he was a keen beginner enthusiast, how could he not be, being raised with a Gun Nutter as a Mother.
First what does his mother liking guns have to do with him?

Second LOL nice lie, please cite your source as there is nothing on the net the seems to back up your assertion

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2012, 06:26:32 AM »
First what does his mother liking guns have to do with him?

Second LOL nice lie, please cite your source as there is nothing on the net the seems to back up your assertion
He knew enough to "jungle tape" his .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle for efficient killing.  Hardly the domain of those who aren't particularly interested in guns!
V

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2012, 06:34:39 AM »
He knew enough to "jungle tape" his .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle for efficient killing.  Hardly the domain of those who aren't particularly interested in guns!
so your admitting you made up that statement then, yea?

right b/c ppl never do that in movies, tv shows, video games(which we know he played)...

He didnt "jungle tape" his gun you retard he taped his magazines together.

Have you ever shot a gun?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2012, 06:49:40 AM »
so your admitting you made up that statement then, yea?

right b/c ppl never do that in movies, tv shows, video games(which we know he played)...

He didnt "jungle tape" his gun you retard he taped his magazines together.

Have you ever shot a gun?

"jungle taping," meaning he taped two ammo cartridges to the side of the gun so he wouldn't have to pause to reload. He also used frangible ammunition" which fragments upon impact and is used to cause the most possible damage to a victim, he was also wearing military gear, a bulletproof vest and mask, this kid knew what he was doing, hardly some inexperienced marksmen picking up a gun in anger, this was someone, who was being raised by your typical extremist gun nut, who regularly practised and knew about guns from an enthusiasts point of view. According to Nancy Lanza's sister-in-law, she was a gun enthusiast and owned at least a dozen firearms. She often took her two sons to a local shooting range. Nancy Lanza's former landscaper and occasional drinking buddy Dan Holmes has described her relationship with guns as that of "an enthusiast," so much so that she "wanted to pass it on to her kids."  She sure did, she created the uber Gun Nutter!  CBS News' Pat Milton reports source briefed on the investigation said Nancy Lanza was demanding of her children, she pressed him to high standards and even pressed her sons to measure up at the shooting range where she taught them to shoot.  According to Dr. H. Wayne Carver, Connecticut’s chief medical examiner.  “He must have been a good shot,” These are devastating sets of injuries.”  Nancys friends told NBC's Today Show that "Guns require a lot of respect," he added. "She really tried to instill that responsibility within him and he took to it. He loved being careful with them, he made it a source of pride." - Yep, sounds like the classic Gun Nutter to me
V

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2012, 06:56:39 AM »
"jungle taping," meaning he taped two ammo cartridges to the side of the gun so he wouldn't have to pause to reload. He also used frangible ammunition" which fragments upon impact and is used to cause the most possible damage to a victim, this kid knew what he was doing, hardly some inexperienced marksmen picking up a gun in anger, this was someone, who was being raised by your typical extremist gun nut, who regularly practised and knew about guns from an enthusiasts point of view.  Nancy Lanza's former landscaper and occasional drinking buddy Dan Holmes has described her relationship with guns as that of "an enthusiast," so much so that she "wanted to pass it on to her kids."  She sure did, she created the uber Gun Nutter!
LMFAO he would still have to pause to reload, again have you ever shot a gun???

Did he buy the ammo or did his mom?

He got the guns from her, he probably used the ammo she had as well

So again you have that his mom was an gun enthusiast....not that he was....

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2012, 06:58:28 AM »
elementary schools need one cop.

1-2 for middle schools, depending upon the size.

2-3 for high schools, depending upon size.

I've taught at every level from K to adult, and schools need a cop, it's that simple.  high schools already have cops, as do most middle schools.  You can't break up a fight in high school - kids are stronger than the teachers sometimes.

I don't see how you can get these numbers.  Even for the elementary...you've got to factor in sick days, vacation time, and since they'll probably be union, personal days, etc.  Just one, would leave you without coverage.

Basically, I just see this as being way way too expensive.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2012, 08:01:32 AM »
The Nutters are just pissed because one of their own went and shot up a school full of kids.  The Shooter wasn't mentally ill, he was just another ANGRY Gun Nutter.  Another solution is too just lock up all the ANGRY GUN Nutters, this could have a serious impact, but it may reduce the GETBIG members significantly. (Cue the angry Gun Nutters in 3....2.....1....)

reports in the media have people who knew him describe him as  “an organic vegan” with a conservative worldview, he said.
“He was actually politically aware for a teenager,” he said. “… He was always very free-market economics and capitalism, as I think most people are in this country.”

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/17/15976160-new-details-emerge-on-private-lives-of-school-gunman-adam-lanza-and-his-mother?lite

Obviously the mother owned a bunch of guns and she and her son were reported to have practiced shooting together so they would both no doubt be on the side of people who opposed any gun legislation

so....it's not at all unfair to describe the nutjob as "one of their own"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2012, 08:05:18 AM »
reports in the media have people who knew him describe him as  “an organic vegan” with a conservative worldview, he said.
“He was actually politically aware for a teenager,” he said. “… He was always very free-market economics and capitalism, as I think most people are in this country.”

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/17/15976160-new-details-emerge-on-private-lives-of-school-gunman-adam-lanza-and-his-mother?lite

Obviously the mother owned a bunch of guns and she and her son were reported to have practiced shooting together so they would both no doubt be on the side of people who opposed any gun legislation

so....it's not at all unfair to describe the nutjob as "one of their own"

LMFAO so again you have nothing...all of a sudden conservatives with a free market opinion are now gun nuts?

hahahaha fuking wow!!!!

so all ppl who own guns are against any gun legislation?

AGAIN FUKING WOW hahahahah

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2012, 08:09:24 AM »
LMFAO so again you have nothing...all of a sudden conservatives with a free market opinion are now gun nuts?

hahahaha fuking wow!!!!

so all ppl who own guns are against any gun legislation?

AGAIN FUKING WOW hahahahah

great reading comprehension there

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2012, 08:11:59 AM »
great reading comprehension there

LOL well then why would you even post that paragraph?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2012, 08:26:07 AM »

You think you would have enough time with this guys mag change straw?
what are we supposed to be looking for in this video

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2012, 08:34:46 AM »
what are we supposed to be looking for in this video
how quickly he can change his magazine out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2012, 08:37:23 AM »

I don't see how you can get these numbers.  Even for the elementary...you've got to factor in sick days, vacation time, and since they'll probably be union, personal days, etc.  Just one, would leave you without coverage.

Basically, I just see this as being way way too expensive.

I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree.  I was a teacher from 98 til 04 or 05.  

I can tell you that every school has a few 'roamers' - people with masters degrees making 60k who just kinda bounce around with clipboards helping out and looking busy.  

I can also tell ya that every school has $40,000 computer projecters in about 40 of the classrooms.  Every school has a half-dozen cafeteria workers, a half-dozen custodians, and 18 kids in every class by law now for elementary.

You can move up the kids per class to 20.  You can remove 2 of those smart projectors.  You can find the doggone money.  A cop salary in FL is $40,000.  Let's call it $80k, if you want a guy with a few years and/or you want ot include benefits.  $80k will cover a year of having a trained man with a gun and a badge and a uniform at every school office to be seen.  bad guys will just choose another target.

They already have these cops in middle and high school, just to control the kids lol.  So one add'l paid position in a school that has 90 to 200 employees isn't that big.  These schools have HUGE budgets.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2012, 09:13:41 AM »

Many of these ppl commiting these crimes didnt receive proper medical care. Likely they didnt even know they were mentally ill in the first place. Likely their parents, friends and educators didnt know they were mentally ill. Im not suggesting they have a 24/7 handler but making sure they get the proper treatment whether its education, therapy, medication etc. IS ADDRESSING THE PROBLEM!!!!!

Again, what does this mean?? If you are not suggesting a 24/7 handler, how do you make sure someone gets proper treatment? Especially, if, as you just said, they and their family and acquaintances aren't even aware they are mentally ill? In a way that is more effective than gun control?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2012, 09:23:31 AM »
Again, what does this mean?? If you are not suggesting a 24/7 handler, how do you make sure someone gets proper treatment? Especially, if, as you just said, they and their family and acquaintances aren't even aware they are mentally ill? In a way that is more effective than gun control?

The focus on mental illness is misguided, studies show that those with mental illness are less likely to commit violent crime and more likely to be a victim of violent crime.  it's the so called NORMAL people you have to worry about.  The kids who perform these mass shooting are barely indistinguishable from the large majority of their peer group, young people seem weird and abnormal in general to a lot of parents and older folk, hard to tell what's normal and what's not, even for the young kids themselves. The kids who do these shooting are Incredibly RAGE filled, one girl, a 6 year old survivor said the shooter was an incredibly angry man.  And RAGE is the emotion that can cause even well adjusted people to behave in irrational and dangerous ways.  Everybody could do with some Emotional fine tuning, not just those who are mentally ill, society needs to discover ways to CALM their young people down, I don't pretend to know the answers, but focusing on the mentally ill seems to be a cop out and a scapegoat for pro Gun Advocates.
V

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2012, 09:29:53 AM »
The focus on mental illness is misguided, studies show that those with mental illness are less likely to commit violent crime and more likely to be a victim of violent crime.  it's the so called NORMAL people you have to worry about.  The kids who perform these mass shooting are barely indistinguishable from the large majority of their peer group, young people seem weird and abnormal in general to a lot of parents and older folk, hard to tell what's normal and what's not, even for the young kids themselves. The kids who do these shooting are Incredibly RAGE filled, one girl, a 6 year old survivor said the shooter was an incredibly angry man.  And RAGE is the emotion that can cause even well adjusted people to behave in irrational and dangerous ways.  Everybody could do with some Emotional fine tuning, not just those who are mentally ill, society needs to discover ways to CALM their young people down, I don't pretend to know the answers, but focusing on the mentally ill seems to be a cop out and a scapegoat for pro Gun Advocates.

But my point is, how does one even enforce these ideas- on a bureaucratic level- in a way that would be better than gun control?  For instance, in a real world situation,  how would a neighbor of Lanza's have received "education" and the ability to "make sure he was taking his medication", if he required any.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2012, 02:53:36 AM »

I think mention of the mind bending medication he was on is conspicuously absent from the media reports. Why are people not addressing that? Wasn't the Virginia Tech shooter hopped up on meds as well?  What do these pharmaceutical companies put in their concoctions that so frequently result in guys going postal.

School Shootings and Their Link to Psychotropic Drugs

w