Author Topic: East Coast Mecca Gym  (Read 1727 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
East Coast Mecca Gym
« on: August 05, 2010, 10:53:41 AM »
when did steve n bev's gym become the mecca of the east coast?  it's only been around since 86.  is it the first powerhouse gym ever in the eastern states or something?    

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
Re: East Coast Mecca Gym
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »
when did steve n bev's gym become the mecca of the east coast?  it's only been around since 86.  is it the first powerhouse gym ever in the eastern states or something?    

Didn't know there were still gyms considered "meccas"
You Can't Do It!!!

newmom

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:59:09 AM »

it's a great gym G_Thang, but Strong and Shapely in E. Rutherford is right up there as one of the great gym on the East Coast IMO

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »
here's the mecca
F

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 11:32:30 AM »
It is considered one of the Mecca's of the East Coast because a lot of pro and upcoming amatuers train there, and many magazines and websites use it to take pics and videos at.

Many people who go to NYC tell me they want to train there, just like people who come to Los Angeles like to check out Gold's Gym of Venice.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 11:49:14 AM »
sig begs to differ, mecca is a holy place a place of history a place of reverence.
F

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »
since Steve CRIMEberger, decided it  would be. he commiserated with other NPC officials, and steve blechman............and poof..................no w its suddenly dubbed "the east coast mecca"

it didnt evolve organically or anything like that..............one day the powers that be decided it would be called that, and now people are calling it that, like the fucking sheep the public is

those in power tell us something, we listen.............like a microcosm of the larger world

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 12:59:48 PM »
It is considered one of the Mecca's of the East Coast because a lot of pro and upcoming amatuers train there, and many magazines and websites use it to take pics and videos at.

Many people who go to NYC tell me they want to train there, just like people who come to Los Angeles like to check out Gold's Gym of Venice.

The funny thing is that the magazines sell a world which doesn't exist. Everyone I know who visited Golds Gym Venice in the past few years was sooooooooooooooo disappointed, it's not even funny. You hardly see a Bodybuilder in there, not to mention a Pro. lol

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 01:22:38 PM »
The funny thing is that the magazines sell a world which doesn't exist. Everyone I know who visited Golds Gym Venice in the past few years was sooooooooooooooo disappointed, it's not even funny. You hardly see a Bodybuilder in there, not to mention a Pro. lol

is gold's venice 24x7?  i remember talking to a guy yrs back and he said he never saw a pro.  do they shoot all the footage after midnight or something?  i was down in fullerton with family but never had a chance to visit there or firehouse.  i did meet shawn ray at bulldog gym yrs back.  then again...i was kid so no one took me. 

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 01:39:16 PM »
is gold's venice 24x7?  i remember talking to a guy yrs back and he said he never saw a pro.  do they shoot all the footage after midnight or something?  i was down in fullerton with family but never had a chance to visit there or firehouse.  i did meet shawn ray at bulldog gym yrs back.  then again...i was kid so no one took me. 

I think there is not one single Pro left in Venice. The last two guys who trained there regularly were Gunther and Chick. Chick has moved to Florida and Gunther, I don't know; think has left as well.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 01:48:22 PM »
?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »
I heard that it got so crowded that Bev had to hire a police man to work the door on friday and saturday nights. Rumor has it that George Farrah made quite a living as a cop working the doors of the over crowded Mecca of the east coast.