Author Topic: Is there enough done to prevent more Steroid related death?  (Read 4331 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Is there enough done to prevent more Steroid related death?
« on: February 11, 2008, 10:03:58 AM »
What do you guys think? Are we doing enough on the war on Steroids? Do we need to be harsher with the Endusers? Or should we relax and legalize some of it?

Discuss.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
Re: Is there enough done to prevent more Steroid related death?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 10:05:33 AM »
Show me one steroid related death.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 10:06:59 AM »
mods please move this and all steroid topics from now on and to the end of time to the steroid board. thanks.
Z

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »

i was about to say.....

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:14:26 AM »
This crusade to banish the world of steroids is really lame.

Why not focus on something that is actually important?  Like "Is there enough being done for the prevention of AIDS?  Or Hunger?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »
I sort of agree with the "show me the deaths" part of this topic. And I have to admit that the government is going about this wrong way which I sometimes refer to as a "witch hunt". It's my opinion that the government partially created this problem years ago when laws were enacted resulting in jail sentences. The AMA disagreed with this decision and the government should have allowed the medical profession to continue to administer anabolics under strict guidelines as established by those familiar with their use.

Instead "roids" became a black market commodity resulting in the administration of their use outside of a qualified doctor's supervision and care. You'd think that we would have learned something from the prohibition days - Make something that is in big demand illegal and someone will step in to fill that demand and that "someone" is usually not within the medical field. Far from it!

I know nothing about the making of anabolics outside of the legal drug manufacturers' arena, but I often wonder how and why the government allows these huge and profitable drug companies to manufacture more drugs than are actually needed (where the excess gets into the hands of those who use them for athletic performance). To me there doesn't appear to be any governmental control over these major drug companies in an effort to prevent their use outside of legal and official prescriptions. (And just what are those "legal and official prescriptions? Who can take them legally nowadays?)

Does anyone have any knowledge of the legal supply line once the product leaves the factory and gets to the patient? How does a part of that "product" get into the hands of someone outside of the medical field? Has any major network ever done an "investigative report" on this "supply route" subject  matter?

I lifted in the days when roids were NOT illegal. Back then it was Decca and Anavar (if my memory serves me right) and I know of no one in my immediate vicinity who abused then until much later).

SO, in an effort to answer this "Steroid Related Death" question, here's my humble attempt ........

If deaths due to steroid usage is ever proven to be a fact ... then I would have to admit that we have not done enough to prevent those deaths. But I still insist that any such death could have been prevented if athletic  users had legal access to decent medical care. Under the present situation, that "care" is seldom provided and users have to rely on other users for consultation and advise.

Be advised that I am not in the medical profession and the above comments are solely based on my years of experience with athletes and bodybuilders who often rely on anabolics to excel in athletic endeavors.

And it is evident to me that fewer problems existed when anabolics were prescribed to athletes under a qualified doctor's supervision and care, with one major exception - and that was when an athlete doubled up without informing his doctor beforehand..

Back in the early 60's it was my understanding that the AMA refused to admit that anabolics enhanced muscle growth and athletic peformance. I recall an article mentioning "Pavlov's dog" and further stating that the use of anabolics simply made the user think that they worked  - and hence, they did! Or something like that. You guys who know Pavlov's dog will understand that better.

In my opinion, anabolics and those who use them are taking a bad rap and anabolics should be under the medical profession's complete control without government interference. If a doctor proves to be administering them incorrectly, then he should be the one who suffers the consequences. And if someone outside of the medical profession gets involved, then he/she should be in the next cell over.

Until then, we will continue to follow the beaten path that leads to nowhere regardless of the side you choose to take.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »
There aren't that many steroid related deaths.

Deaths from painkillers, alcohol, stimulants all far exceed any deaths from anabolic steroids.

Most deaths in bodybuilding are from stimulants(massive amounts of eca), recreational drugs, alcohol,  and water loss supplements etc.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 10:25:31 AM »
What do you guys think? Are we doing enough on the war on Steroids? Do we need to be harsher with the Endusers? Or should we relax and legalize some of it?

Discuss.

Who's ever died from steroids???  Surely no bodybuilders have...and all those special cases are all genetic  ;)
just not good enough

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 10:28:10 AM »
a few bodybuilders have died from insulin shock, a few from miscalculating their DNP dose, way too many from diuretics, even more from stimulants, but none directly related to anabolic steroids.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 11:05:15 AM »
All of the guys on this board know that their really aren't deaths DIRECTLY attributable to steroid abuse, but we are a very small percentage of the population. Ask people on the street and they will tell you Alzado or that Hooten kid and the general public would believe if you ever did take a tablet of d-bol, you'll be out roaming the streets ready to eat their first born. The media has done one hell of a job of misinforming the public about these substances.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
a few bodybuilders have died from insulin shock, a few from miscalculating their DNP dose, way too many from diuretics, even more from stimulants, but none directly related to anabolic steroids.

Tim, you should know that those facts mean jack. I mean we have objective experts like Stark and DK who's sole premise for the war on steroids is their annoyance with guidos jucing to get into clubs.  ::)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »
If you guys are correct about "no one dieing from steroid usage", then how come it seems that we are only people who know this? You'd think that the AMA would inform the government of this fact! Or does the AMA just prefer to remain silent for some unknown reason?

A while back I mentioned how roids became illegal as reported in "Legal Muscle". Back then it was simply a question of an athlete's disadvantage on a football team because he didn't use roids and other team-mates did.

And he just happened to be an elected official's son. And that got the ball rolling in Congress!

Legal Muscle - good read BTW.

Lamefalsehood - I totally agree and will continue to do so until proven otherwise.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 11:37:27 AM »
Good video if you haven't seen it already.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 11:42:05 AM »
Where are the bodies??? W-H-E-R-E  A-R-E  T-H-E  B-O-D-I-E-S??? ;)

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 11:49:37 AM »
Another "Steroids are bad " thread. There are many more people each year that die from insect bites,aspirin overdose,animal attacks, and plastic surgery.  What are we doing to FIX those problems?

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 12:03:26 PM »
Another "Steroids are bad " thread. There are many more people each year that die from insect bites,aspirin overdose,animal attacks, and plastic surgery.  What are we doing to FIX those problems?

Nothing, it is generally accepted by society.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 12:13:31 PM »
You beat me to it.  However, such reckless use of logic will not deter Stark from his mission to further demonize synthetic hormones...

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »
You beat me to it.  However, such reckless use of logic will not deter Stark from his mission to further demonize synthetic hormones...

Why you have a problem with that? Obviously you do ;D

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 01:19:03 PM »

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 01:30:34 PM »
mods please move this and all steroid topics from now on and to the end of time to the steroid board. thanks.

Looks like they are not really listening to you Bluto :( , sorry

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 01:39:11 PM »
Looks like they are not really listening to you Bluto :( , sorry
maybe he can do his other child-like tactic and litter your thread with pics of gay cutler

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 01:45:29 PM »
Many with heart problems but few of them died so far. Marunde commes to mind. Surely there are more.

Then there are many with kidney and liver problems that would have died without transplant/ dialysis..

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 01:45:39 PM »
maybe he can do his other child-like tactic and litter your thread with pics of gay cutler

He is doing that from time to time, just before he writes me a couple if pms complaining about me spamming ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 01:52:11 PM »
Stark, most deaths in bbing and wrestling are due to other drugs.

Wrestlers abuse codine based pain killers, do tons of stimulants.

bb'ers do tons of coke and other stimulants, drink liquor in the off season, and use diuretics before contests. They also use pain killers like codine and nubain.

But look at Arnold. He didn't abuse drug cocktails in his day and is a governor of the largest state in the US and living the dream. He used steroids despite having a 3 chambered heart and is hold up just fine these days.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 01:56:24 PM »
Why you have a problem with that? Obviously you do ;D
Because there's nothing wrong with using them.  That'd be the biggest reason.  As I've said before, it's not a decision I've made for myself, but I see nothing wrong with it.

I think it's interesting that you spend so much time decrying AAS usage.  As if you think that if everyone stopped using, we'd all be equal. 

Wake up.  We wouldn't.