Author Topic: Gingrich: Republicans Will Oppose Any Immigration Plan Backed By Obama Because T  (Read 1299 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Gingrich: Republicans Will Oppose Any Immigration Plan Backed By Obama Because They Hate Obama

During an appearance on ABC’s This Week on Sunday, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) admitted that Republicans are likely to oppose any immigration reform proposal introduced by President Obama because they personally dislike the Commander-in-Chief.

“An Obama plan led and driven by Obama in this atmosphere with the level of hostility towards the president and the way he goads the hostility I think is very hard to imagine that bill, that his bill is going to pass the House,” Gingrich said. “I think that negotiated with a Senate immigration bill that has to have bipartisan support could actually get to the president’s desk.”

The Senate-backed framework for immigration reform, which enhances security on the border and includes a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, shares many similarities with Obama’s own proposal, though the president has repeatedly said that if Congress fails to make progress, he will introduce his own reform legislation. That plan, obtained by USA Today, “mirrors many provisions of the bipartisan 2007 bill” spearheaded by Ted Kennedy and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and would allow unauthorized immigrants “to become legal permanent residents within eight years.” “The plan also would provide for more security funding and require business owners to check the immigration status of new hires within four years,” the paper reports.

Despite its bipartisan nature, the draft proposal was immediately panned by Republicans. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) — a member of the Senate group working towards producing comprehensive legislation — called it “dead on arrival,” while Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) said it demonstrated that Obama is “looking for a partisan advantage and not a bipartisan solution.

-30-

http://thinkprogress.org/special/2013/02/17/1605401/gingrich-republicans-will-oppose-any-immigration-plan-backed-by-obama-because-they-hate-obama/

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
This will get them the hispanic vote.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
This will get them the hispanic vote.

i dont think it will.

Dems areway ahead on the bullshit amnesty stuff.   Repubs are "me too!"

Now, which party's economic policies favor the majority of hispanic voters?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i dont think it will.

Dems areway ahead on the bullshit amnesty stuff.   Repubs are "me too!"

Now, which party's economic policies favor the majority of hispanic voters?

I was being ironic :)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Good.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Marco Rubio is a joke. Crying about president Obama havng a plan on immigration when they cried for 4 years that he didn't have a plan on immigration. Rubio is mad because Obama trumped him on the dream act first

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Marco Rubio is a joke. Crying about president Obama havng a plan on immigration when they cried for 4 years that he didn't have a plan on immigration. Rubio is mad because Obama trumped him on the dream act first

Bingo

240 is Back

• Getbig V

yeah, Rubio is going to vote for this plan eventually.  Shitting on it now is poor taste.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I'd like to see what HISPANIC voters say in the hilary vs rubio potential matchup.  Hilary was beating his ass in Texas in a poll.  Would love to see if his heritage doesn't swing the hispanic vote his way, thanks to his policies.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
 ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
rubio is just as weak, pandering and transparent as Obama was in 2008.

I'd like to think voters wouldn't go for another training-wheels gimmick.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Newt is spot on.

Barry hasn't been able to pass anything significant since 2010.

Previous Presidents have had to deal with opposing Congresses and still gotten a decent amount of significant legislation through.

Obama is a complete failure on compromise.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.