Author Topic: TEAM MD GETS 1st & 2nd AND THE COVER!  (Read 26812 times)

Cara from MD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: TEAM MD GETS 1st & 2nd AND THE COVER!
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »
the worst cover ever of MD was the one with gustavo black and white wearing a tank top doing a twisting back shot.
that was an ugly cover

It just so happened to be a good seller for us. 

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 03:41:49 PM »
Cara and Steve I know your reading this ---- it is a cool cover , your photographer is awesom and seems to be getting better and better and he is a nice guy, met him in LA with Lee (if its the same guy) but I was wondering just for intrest sake , would you ever contemplate putting a female bodybuilder on the cover or would that be just to much of a risk these days due to the public preception ??
Just be intresting  to know your thoughts ??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 04:01:03 PM »
Anyone got the April edition?
I'd like to hear what Greggy has to say and it's not in the stores yet.  :P

i second that... let's hear about GV's shoutouts!

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 04:04:07 PM »
THOSE AT MD:
Yes, your covers are good.  But your magazine as of late has sucked, so much so that I no longer buy it.  It's time to go back to what worked...bring back the girls, cut down on the useless articles on crap nobody reads and get your edge back.  Who cares if the mag is bigger if it's full of uninteresting articles?  
Your mag used to be fun to read, and was distinct.  But now it's bland and boring.  Per Bernal is awesome, however.  Your contest coverage is good except for the blatent bias to MD athletes.  

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 04:09:36 PM »
the bodybuilding mags today are simply hard to read.  its difficullt to find the actual content between all the ads.  and who has time to flip through 500 pages?

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 04:36:18 PM »
pretty cool cover shot ;)
pain day

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2006, 04:53:46 PM »
Despite the attempt to make it less gay with some chick in the corner, that's one gay cover!  But at least it's not as photoshopped as the Wilmore one.  That was embarrassing.  He'll never live that down.

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 05:01:44 PM »
Congratulations to Team MD athletes Lee Priest and David Henry for placing 1 and 2 at the Ironman Pro.  What a great start to the new season.
The morning after the show I got Lee and Dave together to shoot with Per Bernal for our next (May) cover.  They deserve it!  I hope you like it!
Best of luck to Lee and Dave as they battle again this weekend in Columbus, Ohio at the Arnold Classic along with the rest of the MD Team: Dexter Jackson, Gustavo Badell, Victor Martinez, Melvin Anthony, Branch Warren and Chris Cook.  Also best of luck to all the other competitors competing this weekend!
-Steve
Steve love your mag. it is the only one worth reading these days.   Shit if I see one more lost Arnold workout article in the other mags I'll tross my cookies.
Will in Regina

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2006, 07:31:32 PM »
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

shutupandtrain88

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2006, 07:59:10 PM »
Anyone got the April edition?
I'd like to hear what Greggy has to say and it's not in the stores yet.  :P
quick recap, i took a crap in my friends basement after merecdes took my mega double platinum credit card so i had to jack off while I was dreaming of whoever and then i called my goth babe and blahblahblahblahblah.

shouts to my  homies in prison, all of our heroes in the s&*(holes of iraq and afghanistan, and blahblahblahblahblah

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2006, 08:19:49 PM »
Congratulations to Team MD athletes Lee Priest and David Henry for placing 1 and 2 at the Ironman Pro.  What a great start to the new season.
The morning after the show I got Lee and Dave together to shoot with Per Bernal for our next (May) cover.  They deserve it!  I hope you like it!
Best of luck to Lee and Dave as they battle again this weekend in Columbus, Ohio at the Arnold Classic along with the rest of the MD Team: Dexter Jackson, Gustavo Badell, Victor Martinez, Melvin Anthony, Branch Warren and Chris Cook.  Also best of luck to all the other competitors competing this weekend!
-Steve

...Word. That's what's up.~ 8)
~Sean-DeMarco

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2006, 08:26:58 PM »
Ok..... I get it

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2006, 09:05:02 PM »
I love my MD subscription 8)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2006, 09:53:23 PM »

Honestly, that is a great cover. A bodybuilding magazine giving the front cover to the two top placers at the Ironman Pro contest, the first IFBB Pro contest of the year. It gives kudos to the competitors knowing that there is something for placing in the top two, it gives the Ironman Pro show soem props, and it is good for bodybuilding all around.

How many times have you seen a magazine pushing bodybuilding with no bodybuilder on the cover. Props to MD for putting them on... and the pictures look great.

Rottmag

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2006, 11:41:33 PM »
A brilliant cover indeed.

Hey Mr. Blechman!

Why not try coming on here and engaging in the threads sometimes rather than coming on once in a while and spamming you magazine or cover . . . food for thought. ???

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2006, 01:15:38 AM »
Good for Dave!
Q

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2006, 05:40:03 AM »
quick recap, i took a crap in my friends basement after merecdes took my mega double platinum credit card so i had to jack off while I was dreaming of whoever and then i called my goth babe and blahblahblahblahblah.
shouts to my  homies in prison, all of our heroes in the s&*(holes of iraq and afghanistan, and blahblahblahblahblah

...hey, don't forget the GOYA BEANS!!!...RUNNNN GREGG!!!  RUN FROM THE CAN OF FLYING GOYA BEANS!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2006, 07:17:17 AM »
the worst cover ever of MD was the one with gustavo black and white wearing a tank top doing a twisting back shot.
that was an ugly cover

I am highly not a fan of the recent Gustavo cover which was in two pieces.  Not cool to do that just for a few bucks in advertisement, but I still bought it, so it's not like I applied any pressure on MD as a consumer to change that, so they will probably do it again.

I plan to review that whole magazine, article by article.  I'll put it up here when it's done:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/musculardevelopment.html

Cara from MD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2006, 12:55:09 PM »
I am highly not a fan of the recent Gustavo cover which was in two pieces.  Not cool to do that just for a few bucks in advertisement, but I still bought it, so it's not like I applied any pressure on MD as a consumer to change that, so they will probably do it again.
I plan to review that whole magazine, article by article.  I'll put it up here when it's done:
http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/musculardevelopment.html

I'll look forward to seeing that!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »

^I doubt Henry will ever be able to meet or surpass the standards Lee Priest has set.

I think it's genetics......but it might have something to do with AAS dosage or desire.

Who knows.......

I just think Priest is virtually untouchable for a man of his size.
Probably the best arms in bodybuilding, period.

I'll look forward to seeing that!

^I look forward to when you stop with your bullshit, Wendy Testaburger.  I know who you are.  Stop the games, already.  It's getting old.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

stomper

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2006, 01:14:53 PM »
great cover  any with lee on it is great

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2006, 03:43:30 PM »
Thanks Steve and Cara nice cover.

Some people on this site still amaze me after all these years you still talk shit ans never show your pics.

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2006, 03:46:29 PM »
That cover looks amazing well done to them both!

Stavios

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2006, 03:59:36 PM »
It just so happened to be a good seller for us. 

Maybe.... For my part, I buy MD even if I think the cover is ugly. There is always great interviews in it and i enjoy reading pros column

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2006, 05:31:31 PM »
I think the cover is great and the content too. More in depth and truthful while being topical and educational than the other mags.

It is funny how many armchair publishers exist in cyberspace, but none put any money where their laptop is and publish a magazine while paying the writers, models and athletes. Steve - right on!

Doug Kalman