Author Topic: Why do some pros lie?  (Read 34523 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Why do some pros lie?
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 05:57:13 PM »
Why do some Matthews tell the truth?

A stupid question for a stupid question..... :o

Speak.

DIV

Are you saying this is a stupid question?   >:(

Speak on this.   ;D

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 06:05:15 PM »
 The pros don't lie. Tom Prince was 230 pounds at 5-7 before any gear. Tom used mild cycles, which add 5-10% , as a finishing touch.

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 06:13:24 PM »
i live on 2 meals a day... little sleep... no supplements diet nada...

::)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 06:18:37 PM »
The pros don't lie. Tom Prince was 230 pounds at 5-7 before any gear. Tom used mild cycles, which add 5-10% , as a finishing touch.

;D ;D
choice is an illusion

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 06:24:02 PM »
Jay Cutler...funny, i've seen him struggling with 4 plates on each side of the leg press on single legs fresh after being in the gym for 5 minutes so I know he wasn't pre-exhausted!  As sarcasm would say...(this is were sarcasm chimes in next post)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 06:25:08 PM »
Jay Cutler...funny, i've seen him struggling with 4 plates on each side of the leg press on single legs fresh after being in the gym for 5 minutes so I know he wasn't pre-exhausted!  As sarcasm would say...(this is were sarcasm chimes in next post)
fascinating ::)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

;D ;D

You can ask him yourself ;D Remember, he stills weighs 230, despite all of his health problems.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2006, 07:38:38 PM »
A lot of these dudes are chronically overtrained. They go the gym and go through the motions, half assed, leave and call it a day. The drugs keep atrophy and severe overtraining at bay. You can't go for personal bests and balls to the wall intensity if you train 5 days a week or more. You just can't do it.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2006, 07:40:56 PM »
A lot of these dudes are chronically overtrained. They go the gym and go through the motions, half assed, leave and call it a day. The drugs keep atrophy and severe overtraining at bay. You can't go for personal bests and balls to the wall intensity if you train 5 days a week or more. You just can't do it.

That's because they are Animal enough to work through injuries. Taking days off is for pussies.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 07:42:36 PM »
 There is no such thing as overtraining, only undereating. I tore my rotator cuff and left pec and kept eating until they healed. It took four days. THAT is Animal.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 07:51:52 PM »
It's an issue of rest not eating. You can argue being nutritionally deprived in some area of your diet but that's hardly ever the case.  Tell me you are able to go the gym every day and either get more reps or weight from the last time.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2006, 12:10:53 AM »
Most beginners don't train frequently enough. I made huge gains training five to six times a week, sometimes for as long as four hours a day. An advanced lifter obviously can't train with this kind of frequency, but a beginner should be able to do it without too much trouble. You're not going to "overtrain" yourself doing 185 lb benches and 70 lb barbell curls.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2006, 01:14:52 AM »
Are you saying this is a stupid question?   >:(

Speak on this.   ;D

Of course I am, Matthew.

Asking why people lie is like asking why bitches get fu.cked.

It happens for various reasons, but the bottom line is that holes are getting filled.....

Asking why is pointless.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2006, 01:27:04 AM »
he has amazing recuperative abilities . . . like many of the pros.

That is funny.  :D

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2006, 02:02:57 AM »
Jay said he was 16 when he benched 315. QT was the best, he benched 450 as a teen (16 or 18) and was curling 50lb dumbbells when he was 12  ::)
Scouser on Tour

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2006, 06:16:27 AM »
that's like saying that 350 lb. powerliftrers who have been training for 25-30 years should be benching 3000lbs. and squatting 5000, the human body has it's limits and i doubt even with juice that you would ever hit 550 for a single on the bench like Coleman does.
why do u doubt i could ever bench 550 if i juiced... if coleman poseted here when he was a youngster....and unknown like me.... you would say the same .. to him.. never speak for anyone else... i wouldnt speak for anyone elses potential... because that would be assuming... before flex wheeler went on serious drugs would u ever had imagined he would look like he did... etc etc etc...well then?
i have seen guys benchin 6 plates and a half a side... 8 reps and thats after pyramiding up i hve seen a guy incline press 5 plates on the smith machin 10 reps un aided..
seen amateur african guys in my university gym at the time throuwing around 5 plates on bench... and these werent bodybuilders either... these were recrational lifters like myself... my old trainin partner... sqaut 6 plates ass to the grass.. and he weighs the same as me...
this is why i am not overly impressed with lifts i see..
because i have good genetics... so when i hear dexter or cormier say oh i dont diet till X weeks out... im not blown away because majority of black men from the part of the world i originate from... dont have to diet... and will be what a lot of people... see as ripped
 and ive trained with people who are really strong.. minus all the "help" that pros have
that is why im not overly impressed....easily... even charles  glass said it.. coleman is strong but not out of the world strong... charles glass himself has benched 500lb.. at a lower weight ...
im just sayin a lot of lifts some pros make arent as superhuman as one might think..
but then again its not powerlifting so i guess that pint is moot :-X
 8)
choice is an illusion

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2006, 07:18:54 AM »
why do u doubt i could ever bench 550 if i juiced... if coleman poseted here when he was a youngster....and unknown like me.... you would say the same .. to him.. never speak for anyone else... i wouldnt speak for anyone elses potential... because that would be assuming... before flex wheeler went on serious drugs would u ever had imagined he would look like he did... etc etc etc...well then?
i have seen guys benchin 6 plates and a half a side... 8 reps and thats after pyramiding up i hve seen a guy incline press 5 plates on the smith machin 10 reps un aided..
seen amateur african guys in my university gym at the time throuwing around 5 plates on bench... and these werent bodybuilders either... these were recrational lifters like myself... my old trainin partner... sqaut 6 plates ass to the grass.. and he weighs the same as me...
this is why i am not overly impressed with lifts i see..
because i have good genetics... so when i hear dexter or cormier say oh i dont diet till X weeks out... im not blown away because majority of black men from the part of the world i originate from... dont have to diet... and will be what a lot of people... see as ripped
 and ive trained with people who are really strong.. minus all the "help" that pros have
that is why im not overly impressed....easily... even charles  glass said it.. coleman is strong but not out of the world strong... charles glass himself has benched 500lb.. at a lower weight ...
im just sayin a lot of lifts some pros make arent as superhuman as one might think..
but then again its not powerlifting so i guess that pint is moot :-X
 8)

hahahahahahahahaha, that ios literally the biggest bullshit post i've ever read, you've seen guys becnh 635lbs. for 8 reps, hahahahahahahaha, was his name Anthony Clark, no one on earth can bench 635 for 8 reps without a shirt even with a shirt would be doubtful, you're a moron.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

gammahydroxy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2006, 07:23:32 AM »
hahahahahahahahaha, that ios literally the biggest bullshit post i've ever read, you've seen guys becnh 635lbs. for 8 reps, hahahahahahahaha, was his name Anthony Clark, no one on earth can bench 635 for 8 reps without a shirt even with a shirt would be doubtful, you're a moron.

635 for 8 reps..Now that's the funniest shit i heard all week..
musclegurus.com

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2006, 07:48:23 AM »
yeah... its a lie...
i made it up...why because...
motive
1. I'm being paid $50000 by the fbi to do so.... no apparent reason...

2. And im gonna get pussy by telling this lie....
the 2 main motives that drive men sex and money... and im gettin both for making this up...

;)
oh to add to my "lies" I regulary train in jd dawudos gym and around 2 weeks ago he was trainin and i saw him bench 5 plates unaided 8 reps.. probably more i dint catch him on the first rep and that was after pyramiding up too.
but of cousre because flex magazine...hasnt  stated it... or it hasnt been published on a video... its a lie?
 8)

choice is an illusion

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2006, 08:14:45 AM »
Here's one;

"I'm better than Shawn Ray and I'll be the next Mr.Olympia".

King Kamali   ::)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2006, 08:20:44 AM »
he is the worst...
it states that his bench is 550... ::) fine...
cool
but why is it every tape i watch with him.... he has a spotter for everything....
he had a guy spotting him for deadlifts... grinding on his ass... not even real deads... sissy rack deadlifts...
theseare the huys who tell u in flex.. dont lift weight u cant move.. and control..
yet he has 3 spotter on squats...
see a lot of people blast on cratch... and adonis because they keep stating that without juice a lot of these guys would be rice krispies.... but there is some truth to it... a lot in fact...  king kamali.... case in point
choice is an illusion

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2006, 08:30:53 AM »
but when they come off the juice...
they look like the walkin dead....
same reason fake plates are used for photo shoots... t try to make out as if they are way beyond mere mortals....
then why u buy the trainin videos.. u see that is quite not the case... barring maybe coleman.. despite the fact that yes he is damn strong but he is like 300lb so he should be moving those weights and more...
actually his is the only video ive watched with decent weight been lifted.. him and levrone....
if u benched 300lb when u first walked into a gym first try  ::)...
after 15 yrs of trainin you should be benchin 600 or 700... ::)

Don't forget Fux.  He used real ones too.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2006, 01:40:07 PM »
yeah... its a lie...
i made it up...why because...
motive
1. I'm being paid $50000 by the fbi to do so.... no apparent reason...

2. And im gonna get pussy by telling this lie....
the 2 main motives that drive men sex and money... and im gettin both for making this up...

;)
oh to add to my "lies" I regulary train in jd dawudos gym and around 2 weeks ago he was trainin and i saw him bench 5 plates unaided 8 reps.. probably more i dint catch him on the first rep and that was after pyramiding up too.
but of cousre because flex magazine...hasnt  stated it... or it hasnt been published on a video... its a lie?
 8)

you said six and a half plates not five.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2006, 03:35:52 PM »
Here is a post that was recently deleted, and I see no reason why it should have been.   ???

do u ever wonder why pros feel the need to blatantly lie...

"eg
the first time i walked into the gym i benched 315... wjen i was 15 yrs ago...
what bullshit....
or i was 240 naturally... before i started training...
my arms were 19 inches before i started trainin???
 ::)"

- mesmorph78

SOME?!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

100% natural. Hard work. That's it. Hard work. 100% natural. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2006, 03:42:20 PM »
i have seen guys benchin 6 plates and a half a side... 8 reps

If you're going to make shit up, at least give plausible numbers...

And you talk about eating 2 meals a day, getting little sleep, no supplementation, working long hours at a physically demanding job, it's hard to believe that with that kind of lifestyle you have built up a physique and you've shown.  Granted, you have great genetics but that just does not add up.

You were Ok in my book, but now your credibility is questionable...