Author Topic: COMPETE OR LOOK LIKE YOU COMPETE ALA VIC RICHARDS  (Read 8055 times)

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
COMPETE OR LOOK LIKE YOU COMPETE ALA VIC RICHARDS
« on: March 30, 2006, 09:25:35 PM »
I have competed many many years ago as a teen...and now i get the whole "do you compete" and or wow your huge-- do you do bodybuilding...I always say no but i used to and i can't compete with the guys these days, their huge(although knowing i could do pretty decent on the state level today)of course depending on which state ;)

But i wonder to myself did Victor Richards have it right idea even though some think his real reasoning was he was afraid to compete....What did he really have to gain....If he was afraid to compete thinking he wasn't good enough, and then competed and didn't do well. I would think that would  really f**k with your head....

He got so much more out of not competing IMOP... Maybe deep inside he will always wonder just how he would have done...I know i don't  have to compete to be vailidated today for i have done it in the past on a very small scale compared to any national level or pro but i wonder of a guy who was "supposed" bigger then the pros deal with not competing against them....He really has no history in the sport...I just wonder how that sits with someone who was so gifted...

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: IS IT BETTER TO COMPETE OR LOOK LIKE YOU COMPETE...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:27:31 PM »
 If you don't compete, how can you wage war onstage, how can you be part of the vicious battle that is the bodybuilding contest?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 09:31:23 PM »
If you don't compete, how can you wage war onstage, how can you be part of the vicious battle that is the bodybuilding contest?

:'(

just precious

http://golfaustralia.blogspot.com

Wombat

• Getbig IV
Re: COMPETE OR LOOK LIKE YOU COMPETE ALA VIC RICHARDS
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 09:33:56 PM »
Yes but most people who compete don't wage war onstage...Alot of the guys on state level and even national level can't compete with the guys who place...and maybe never can(geneticly speaking)...I guess a better title would be "IS IT BETTER TO COMPETE AND NEVER PLACE HIGH OR NOT COMPETE AT ALL"...

I see guys in the gym who get alots of attention but never competed and i know that if they decided to step on stage, they would get blow away....I guess my question is arent these guys better off not doing it?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 09:35:26 PM »
Yes but most people who compete don't wage war onstage...Alot of the guys on state level and even national level can't compete with the guys who place...and maybe never can(geneticly speaking)...I guess a better title would be "IS IT BETTER TO COMPETE AND NEVER PLACE HIGH OR NOT COMPETE AT ALL"...

I see guys in the gym who get alots of attention but never competed and i know that if they decided to step on stage, they would get blow away....I guess my question is arent these guys better off not doing it?

I was being sarcastic ;D It cracks me up when bodybuilders talk about how they are ready to "do battle". Hahahaah

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 10:14:50 PM »
ya i agree..it is silly

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 10:16:36 PM »
let them have there fun

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 09:55:24 AM »
I was being sarcastic ;D It cracks me up when bodybuilders talk about how they are ready to "do battle". Hahahaah

You mean hardcore battle like this:

WBF CHAMPION, GARY STRYDOM: What can I say about Mike Christian? He's got it all. He's got the mass, the cut, the determination. I would say the only thing Mike doesn't have is the WBF title..........OH WELL, Mike, you can't have it all!

MIKE CHRISTIAN, 1991 WBF CHAMPIONSHIP, 2nd Place: Gary, Listen!! It's no secret that I don't like you at all. Come June 13th, rub on the oil; put on the posing trunks; and LET'S GET BUSY!!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 10:35:42 AM »

WBF CHAMPION, GARY STRYDOM: What can I say about Mike Christian? He's got it all. He's got the mass, the cut, the determination. I would say the only thing Mike doesn't have is the WBF title..........OH WELL, Mike, you can't have it all!

MIKE CHRISTIAN, 1991 WBF CHAMPIONSHIP, 2nd Place: Gary, Listen!! It's no secret that I don't like you at all. Come June 13th, rub on the oil; put on the posing trunks; and LET'S GET BUSY!!!

Hahahaha...I hope the stage didn't collapse due to the firepower unleashed during their war ::)  ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 11:02:28 AM »

Hahahaha...I hope the stage didn't collapse due to the firepower unleashed during their war ::)  ;D

Well, there WAS firepower at the WBF Championship. But, that came from Eddie "Major Guns" Robinson. Strydom didn't feel it; but those ninjas sure did.

;D

RAT MCBAT

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 11:11:37 AM »
does anyone have that most muscular pic of vic r in blue posing trunks, shades on, under the sun and he's still blacker than the night itself?
forget what you know

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 11:19:43 AM »
Well, there WAS firepower at the WBF Championship. But, that came from Eddie "Major Guns" Robinson. Strydom didn't feel it; but those ninjas sure did.

;D

Hahahaha...why isn't bodybuilding more popular? :)

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 11:22:50 AM »

when two dudes up on stage wearing thongs, oil and painted tans both hit most-muscular poses in each other's faces simultaneously, man, i tell ya, it's like the most intense and climatic moment in any sporting event in the world!!!

"you may have won the battle (the Arnold) but i'm gonna win the war (the Olympia)!"

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 11:26:45 AM »
when two dudes up on stage wearing thongs, oil and painted tans both hit most-muscular poses in each other's faces simultaneously, man, i tell ya, it's like the most intense and climatic moment in any sporting event in the world!!!

"you may have won the battle (the Arnold) but i'm gonna win the war (the Olympia)!"

Oh, I know, forget the BCS Championship game, the NBA Finals or the Super Bowl, nothing makes my heart beat faster than a good prejudging. The quarter turns leave me breathless ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 11:28:04 AM »
Oh, I know, forget the BCS Championship game, the NBA Finals or the Super Bowl, nothing makes my heart beat faster than a good prejudging. The quarter turns leave me breathless ::)

That's why McMahon had Robinson blasting them ninjas!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 12:03:30 PM »

More conclusive proof that competitive bodybuilding is teh gay.

To answer the original poster's question, "is it better to have competed or not competed"... it's better to have not competed, since competing consists of oiling up your body, putting on a thong, and prancing around on a stage for a bunch of cheering fags.

Hope this helps.

Well, there was Berry DeMey's routine. Apparently, he's really good at roulette.....so good that a sensous brunette offer him the key to her hotel room, which she unearths from her massive mammaries after he wins a big round.

DeMey shows up; they dance. She yanks off his tie; he unzips her dress....(fade out).........

(Fade in).....DeMey kisses the damsel, still grinning in post-orgasmic bliss. He tells her he'll be right back.

How nice!!! The Flexing Dutchman takes time out from his "activities" to flex and pose for the WBF fans. Of course, when Mean Gene Okerlund interviews him, DeMey tells everyone how great it is to pose for the audience and how proud he is to be a member of the WBF. But, he asks Okerlund to be excused as he "has some business to take care there".

(Post-film; DeMey is the only guy who had one) The lady freshens up DeMey's glass but adds a little mysterious powder to it and stirs. To which Vince McMahon (doing commentary) replies, "I thought the WBF was supposed to be drug-free" She offers DeMey the glass. But, being the suave cat that he is, the Flexing Dutchman takes the other glass, toasts it against her (now, the one with the substance) and drinks the champagne with a grin.
 ;D

body88

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 12:14:13 PM »
Fact is Vic is still being talked about today... More than a bunch of top level pros who won contests in his days.

The guy got to do what he loved for a living. he made good money. Has his health and regardless of what the haters say was one off the biggest bastards to ever walk on earth....

No distention there baby he was the real deal.

Fact is he was over 300 at a good condition. People try to act like he was never in any kind of shape..... ya abs at over 300 pulling a vacuum such a fatass ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 12:21:45 PM »
Fact is Vic is still being talked about today... More than a bunch of top level pros who won contests in his days.

The guy got to do what he loved for a living. he made good money. Has his health and regardless of what the haters say was one off the biggest bastards to ever walk on earth....

No distention there baby he was the real deal.

Sure he is.....when the topic hinges around "Whatever happened to...../Why didn't he......", etc.

Nobody's "hating" on Richards. Most simply point out that speculating on what he could do against certain top IFBB pros, considering that he has never even competed on an IFBB or national-level NPC stage, is just that: SPECULATION.

Plus, there a HUGE difference between Richards standing BY HIMSELF (which virtually every pic displayed of the man is) and him going toe-to-toe with the best of the IFBB or NPC. I haven't even seen who he beat at the 1992 Nigerian National Championship, the show he won to turn pro.

Frank Sepe has his health, too, and makes great money (probably more than Richards does). He once competed at the national level and he wasn't exactly a smurf.

body88

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2006, 12:24:23 PM »
Let me rephrase that...

I meant those who bash Vic like he was some nothing because he never got on stage. You are correct who knows how he would he done against guys like Doz.

But what he did do was go against the grain and I think he turned out pretty well doing what he wanted to do.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2006, 12:30:58 PM »
Let me rephrase that...

I meant those who bash Vic like he was some nothing because he never got on stage. You are correct who knows how he would he done against guys like Doz.

But what he did do was go against the grain and I think he turned out pretty well doing what he wanted to do.

Many feel that some of Richards' wounds were self-inflicted, as he was known for criticizing a number of IFBB pros for how they look or for being "too small"; yet he never got onstage himself.

Some feel that Richards has a fragile ego, which could be easily bruised by losing to a much smaller, yet better-conditioned and proportioned, competitor (i.e. Shawn Ray or Lee Labrada).

Rich Gaspari claims that he beat Richards at a local (state-level) contest during his early years, and Richards was quite unpleasant about the situation.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2006, 12:34:22 PM »

More conclusive proof that competitive bodybuilding is teh gay.

To answer the original poster's question, "is it better to have competed or not competed"... it's better to have not competed, since competing consists of oiling up your body, putting on a thong, and prancing around on a stage for a bunch of cheering fags.

Hope this helps.
yeah but for tha dudes who do compete i my hat goes off to them if thats thier thing then go nuts its not for me i look at the sport the same as you, but different strokes i quess! no punn intended mayne! ;D ;D

body88

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2006, 12:34:49 PM »
I do believe Vic should have been a bit more humble. I could not see him ever losing to a guy like Lebrada but Sean could have been a real problem for him.

I gues it comes down to speculation like we had stated earlier..... If vic started his diet at 315 and lost lets say 15 lbs of muscle (worst case scenario) then 30 lbs of fat would he be a ripped full 270

I guess we will never know

What if vic started his diet and lost zero muscle and was able to attain lets say 280 conditioned lbs

would he keep his shape and his proportions still look the same? Doz was that heavy about but had a huge gut...At his biggest vic kept a tight waist.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2006, 12:45:20 PM »

Oh my.....that is gay....... :-X
HAHA, RON.....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 01:00:12 PM »
I do believe Vic should have been a bit more humble. I could not see him ever losing to a guy like Lebrada but Sean could have been a real problem for him.

I gues it comes down to speculation like we had stated earlier..... If vic started his diet at 315 and lost lets say 15 lbs of muscle (worst case scenario) then 30 lbs of fat would he be a ripped full 270

I guess we will never know

What if vic started his diet and lost zero muscle and was able to attain lets say 280 conditioned lbs

would he keep his shape and his proportions still look the same? Doz was that heavy about but had a huge gut...At his biggest vic kept a tight waist.

Again, Richards was not under contest conditions. There are plenty of gym shots of both Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates, huges as houses with their waists seemingly iron-board flat. Remember the pics of Yates from '93? Or the ones of Coleman from '99/2000?

You can't see him losing to a Lee Labrada. I sure can. Keep in mind, Labrada defeated Ray at every single Olympia, in which the two of the competed, except one ('93). And the only two "monsters" he hasn't beaten have 14 Sandows between them.

NYCDVR

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006, 01:32:13 PM »
The problem with Vic is he always talked about how big and bad he was but never backed it up

You don't like bb politics and think its all lame fine

Don't go on tour

Just shows up once at one show somewhere beat everybody then go back to not competing and say I told you so

But Vic never did that calling himself the uncrowned Mr O is an insult to the guys who did show up

He is about the same age as Ronnie and if you put him next to Ronnie today (pics above are from 15 years ago) he looks like a bouncer at a local bar