Author Topic: Steel Gym Raided  (Read 3595 times)

NubianMuscle

• Getbig III
Steel Gym Raided
« on: April 01, 2006, 06:51:48 AM »
April 1, 2006 -- Seven trendy nightclubs were raided last night following a nine-month undercover drug probe, police said yesterday.

Clubs Speed, on West 39th Street, and Steel Gym, on East 23rd Street, were issued "restraining orders," meaning they can stay open if they stop illegal activity.

In Steel Gym, undercovers reported buying the drug crystal meth.

"We visited most of these clubs in the past," said a police source. "It's not the first time we've seen this kind of activity."

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/66307.htm
D

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Steel Gym Raided
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 08:28:05 AM »
April 1, 2006 -- Seven trendy nightclubs were raided last night following a nine-month undercover drug probe, police said yesterday.

Clubs Speed, on West 39th Street, and Steel Gym, on East 23rd Street, were issued "restraining orders," meaning they can stay open if they stop illegal activity.

In Steel Gym, undercovers reported buying the drug crystal meth.

"We visited most of these clubs in the past," said a police source. "It's not the first time we've seen this kind of activity."

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/66307.htm

Did you go to any of those clubs?

NubianMuscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »
Did you go to any of those clubs?

Never been in New York.

Steel Gym is probably like other gyms where drugs are available if you want them.

http://www.steelgym.com
D

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 09:30:37 AM »
Never been in New York.

Steel Gym is probably like other gyms where drugs are available if you want them.

http://www.steelgym.com

Victor Martinez often frequents Steel Gym. NYC has the best gyms in the US.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 09:33:58 AM »

Not really. I lived in manhattan for 2 years and the gyms were nothing special. They tend to be well equipped but expensive and smaller than shit. The gyms out in the L.I. suburbs destroy them.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 09:35:57 AM »

hearsay guilt by association gotta love the internet

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 09:53:05 PM »
or like a Requiem for a dream wait that wouldnt work out  :-\

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 07:06:38 AM »
i only do drugs if they're illegal!!
Deep Tissue Massage

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 07:07:33 AM »
How do you figure that? Gyms in the city are for the most part small. Much better gyms in Jersey, Long Island, etc.
Lee

dodster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 03:09:09 PM »
To the undercovers and narcs reading this, guess what: trying to fight this "war" on drugs doesn't do anything but harm to society.  Let's be intelligent enough to realize anti-drug laws are not effective and be a little more progressive shall we.   ::)

Or not...and we can all sit back and watch as drug use continues to increase as do drug related overdoses and deaths.  We can also sit back and watch as illegal drugs fuel the underground criminal market.  Not to mention my 17 year old brother can find coke more easily than he can find alcohol (at his high school for crying out loud).  Prohibition doesn't work.  Didn't we figure that out 80 years ago.   ::)

I told my mom yesterday I plan to do roids eventually and will probably pop dbols in front of her.  The only way to get these conservatives to develop a better drug policy is to do drugs in front of them.  Once they realize that drugs are all around them and that the people doing them are their sons and daughters and doctors and lawyers, they will realize they aren't death drugs and that yes, you can moderate most of these drugs (even cocaine and steroids).  Yep, you heard me.

Maybe dosing a conservative with ecstasy would work?  Like in the movie "Girl Next Door".  Once they realize that it won't kill them and can in fact change their life for the better, they may be more open minded.

If everyone who did drugs was open about it, there would be NO WAY for the government to fight drugs or else 70% of the population would be in prison.  As a society we need to be open and honest with our drug use.  Once the government realizes they can't win (something you would have to be ignorant to not already realize), they will probably stop this "war" on drugs.

The problem is, it's hard for the government to realize that, well, they fucked up so badly.  Like the war in Iraq.  It may be a complete failure, but it's hard for politicians to admit that, or else it makes them look bad.  So instead, let's just have thousands more die so that they don't look bad (yeah, makes a lot of sense).   ::)

Another rant.  Oh well.  Reading articles like that really irk me.

i sell rocks too!

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 04:09:22 PM »
Not really. I lived in manhattan for 2 years and the gyms were nothing special. They tend to be well equipped but expensive and smaller than shit. The gyms out in the L.I. suburbs destroy them.
Agreed. I've lived in NYC all my life and the few really good gyms for serious lifters don't last long. Johnny Lats, Serge gym in Harlem , World Gym(bought by Crunch), Golds Gym(bought by New York Sports Club) :'(
I've only been to Steel Gym a few times. Too small for me.

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 10:33:28 PM »
matt c      ahmen!!!!  the drug war is a joke......cops r a bigger joke.....bunch of a holes imo