Author Topic: Arm size disparity  (Read 3878 times)

badlad

• Getbig III
Arm size disparity
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:35:20 PM »
Bit of weird one this but here goes.
I've been training off and on for about 14 years.
I started at a bw of about 185 pounds when I was about 19 yrs.
I've been as heavy as almost 300 pounds (both in and out of shape).
Well currently I'm around 250 and look like shite. My waist has gone out further than my chest I think, my legs are all but toothpicks and basically because of a very recent surgery to my right arm I am unable to train anything but my left arm and anything else that can be done via one dumbell. I can't use my right arm at all (and of course I'm right handed as well).
Well - I have managed to do about 5 left arm training sessions over the last two weeks in an effort to stem my muscle wastage.
In an effort to pick up the motivation etc I decided I would measure my arms realising of course my right is alot smaller now.
Well it turns out I've lost almost 4 inches on the right (remember I can't flex the muscles even slightly yet) and my left has grown about an inch since I measured it about 3 weeks ago.
Yes you guessed it - i have about a 5 inch disparity.
Question is - how much further do I go. I would guess I won't be fully functiional with the right for at least maybe another year.
I am going to start some serious cardio to drop the fat and discipline the old diet (getting on in years now and the fat is alot harder to shift?
But my worry is that maybe once I can resume full training I will end up with such a huge strength and size gap that it maybe detrimental to future training and potential growth.
Or am I just worrying about nothing?
Cheers for some sound advice.
P.S:just realised I have probably put this in the wrong forum too - sorry.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Re: Arm size disparity
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 10:41:03 PM »
lmao ha ha ha

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 10:41:25 PM »
 You should start injecting synthol into the smaller arm. Do it slowly though, and be very careful.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 10:46:30 PM »
why not shoot yourself? Or better yet, slip into a slow yet steady state of depression and booze your way to the grave, all the while jacking yer jimmy off with yer one good arm to a photo of your once great physique.
       Bwaaahahahahahahhah!!!!
h

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 10:47:38 PM »
masturbate with the bad one and build up straight

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 10:48:07 PM »
 Don't listen to them!! Haa hoo haa hoo synthol yahooo!!!

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 12:17:43 AM »
Unfortunately I don't have any synthol - would canola oil do?
Um - what is masturbate? Is it some type of new training principle?
Seriously tho, I'd like to hear from anybody else who has taken a  severe limb injury and made a comeback successfully.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 01:56:55 AM »
don't sweat it...once you can train both arms, your arm that has been hurt will grow almost weekly...Muscle memory will bring your arm up to par within a couple months...

i've have known a couple of guys who broke their leg and lost almost everything...But after a few months of hard training, you couldn't tell which one was broken...And they didn't train one leg when the other was down, they just didn't train legs...

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 10:05:57 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about the disabilities.  You've got the right frame of mind, though: Keep looking for ways to train regularly (and safely!).  What sort equipment do you have access to?

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 10:56:57 PM »
relax, it will come back so fast you'll be shocked. 
two thumbs WAY up!!!