Author Topic: Hidetada Yamagishi Retains Celebrity Lawyer  (Read 4485 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Hidetada Yamagishi Retains Celebrity Lawyer
« on: February 01, 2008, 03:48:19 PM »
Hidetada Yamagishi Retains Celebrity Lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley
Muscletime Staff

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Hidetada Yamagishi has been incarcerated since December 8, 2007 on steroiod possession and steroid distribution charges. Fortunately, he has retained one of the nation's top defense attorneys, Shawn Chapman Holley, to represent him in his legal case.

Shawn Chapman Holley is one of the most prominent celebrity attorney working in Hollywood with an impressive resume defending celebrities such as heiress Paris Hilton, Nicole Richey, actress Michelle Rodriguez, rappers The Game, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg, actors Stan Shaw and Nia Long, NBA basketball stars Larry Johnson and Bryon Scott. 

She is a Partner at Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert LLP, the Chief Legal Correspondent for E! Entertainment Television, the former Managing Partner of the Los Angeles office of the Cochran Firm and the former Head of the Cochran Firm’s national Criminal Defense Section.

But she is probably best known as a member of O.J. Simpson’s defense team, aka the “Dream Team,” in Simpson’s criminal murder trial and as successfully defending Sara Jane Olson in her highly-publicized Symbionese Liberation Army legal case.

According to Flexonline, Shawn Chapman Holley hopes to reduce Hidetada Yamagishi's nine counts of steroid possession and steroid distribution charges down to 3 misdemeanors and time served. If so, then Hide will be released after his court appearance on February 6, 2008.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: Hidetada Yamagishi Retains Celebrity Lawyer
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 03:51:01 PM »
Spending 10g's a year on gh, gear, and other goodies.
Dumping 30g's on a defense attorney.
Getting 16th place in an Olympia contest nobody cares about....PRICELESS ;D
N

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 03:51:31 PM »
Hidetada Yamagishi Retains Celebrity Lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley
Muscletime Staff

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Hidetada Yamagishi has been incarcerated since December 8, 2007 on steroiod possession and steroid distribution charges. Fortunately, he has retained one of the nation's top defense attorneys, Shawn Chapman Holley, to represent him in his legal case.

Shawn Chapman Holley is one of the most prominent celebrity attorney working in Hollywood with an impressive resume defending celebrities such as heiress Paris Hilton, Nicole Richey, actress Michelle Rodriguez, rappers The Game, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg, actors Stan Shaw and Nia Long, NBA basketball stars Larry Johnson and Bryon Scott. 

She is a Partner at Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert LLP, the Chief Legal Correspondent for E! Entertainment Television, the former Managing Partner of the Los Angeles office of the Cochran Firm and the former Head of the Cochran Firm’s national Criminal Defense Section.

But she is probably best known as a member of O.J. Simpson’s defense team, aka the “Dream Team,” in Simpson’s criminal murder trial and as successfully defending Sara Jane Olson in her highly-publicized Symbionese Liberation Army legal case.

According to Flexonline, Shawn Chapman Holley hopes to reduce Hidetada Yamagishi's nine counts of steroid possession and steroid distribution charges down to 3 misdemeanors and time served. If so, then Hide will be released after his court appearance on February 6, 2008.

oh brother , her ::)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 03:55:47 PM »

Hahahaha..sad, but oh so true.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 03:57:35 PM »
hahahaha, how the fucck does he afford this guy?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 03:58:32 PM »
how much you reckon a lawyer like her will cost him
Z

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 04:00:15 PM »

the guy is a woman.  and I would guess he's looking at 10 grand if she can make a plea deal.  more if it goes to trial.  and he still has to deal with the INS.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 04:01:30 PM »
hahahaha, how the fucck does he afford this guy[gal]?
That is just what I was thinking..... ???

/yakuza construction boss patron?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 04:02:04 PM »
I don't know about criminal lawyers, but top-flight transactional lawyers bill out at a minimum of $600+/hr (for junior associates).

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »

There's the hook right there.  No way does Hide afford her regular rates, he's not rich...   this is gonna be sensationalized all over the tabloid media:  "Professional Bodybuilder Steroid Scandal!"    ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 04:05:51 PM »
I don't know about criminal lawyers, but top-flight transactional lawyers bill out at a minimum of $600+/hr (for junior associates).

they bill differently than a transactional guy would.  criminal defense guys bill most of it up front in a flat fee.  and before the lawyer even enters their appearance in a case they must pay--they call this Rule No. 1.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 04:45:55 PM »
One word: MILOS.
?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 04:52:41 PM »
There's the hook right there.  No way does Hide afford her regular rates, he's not rich...   this is gonna be sensationalized all over the tabloid media:  "Professional Bodybuilder Steroid Scandal!"    ::)

No, I think a rich uncle may be paying for it

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 04:53:46 PM »
No, I think a rich uncle may be paying for it

hahahaha..uncle ben?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »
im surprised nobody suggested he will pay it off with g4p so i just put it in there so you dont have to.
Z

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 04:58:05 PM »
the guy is a woman.  and I would guess he's looking at 10 grand if she can make a plea deal.  more if it goes to trial.  and he still has to deal with the INS.

First off, it is going to be $10K JUST to get started, a felony charge of this nature could easily go over $500K, even 1 million.

I would NEVER hire Shawn Chapan either, she does not have the experience.

Shawn used to work for Johnnie Cochran Jr.'a law firm, and as someone stated she did ***work*** on the OJ Simpson case-which for her was to visit OJ in the county jail every day and keep him occupied so he did not interfer (and fuck everything up) with the real lawyers working the case, Johnnie and Carl Douglas.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 05:01:12 PM »
First off, it is going to be $10K JUST to get started, a felony charge of this nature could easily go over $500K, even 1 million.

I would NEVER hire Shawn Chapan either, she does not have the experience.

Shawn used to work for Johnnie Cochran Jr.'a law firm, and as someone stated she did ***work*** on the OJ Simpson case-which for her was to visit OJ in the county jail every day and keep him occupied so he did not interfer (and fuck everything up) with the real lawyers working the case, Johnnie and Carl Douglas.

read my post "johnny"  10 grand to make a 20 minute phone call and work a plea deal.  if it goes to trial it will be alot more but not anywhere close to 500k.  you watch too much tv.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 05:04:01 PM »

If they get this case knocked down to misdemeanors then it is one of the worst cases ever filed by a DA.

No one knocks 9 serious felonies down to misdemeanors, unless they had no case (like Milos).

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 05:04:35 PM »
exactly how much steroids was he caught with and what kind of steroids?

Z

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 05:07:21 PM »
read my post "johnny"  10 grand to make a 20 minute phone call and work a plea deal.  if it goes to trial it will be alot more but not anywhere close to 500k.  you watch too much tv.

You don't make a 20 minute phone call and make a "plea deal", that is just not how it works-and if she did do that she could face disbarrment from the Bar.

She has to review everything, all police reports, all interviews, all statements-everything.

This usually takes a substantial amount of time, months and even years, because the DA many times tries to delay info that damages their case.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »
im surprised nobody suggested he will pay it off with g4p so i just put it in there so you dont have to.

That's where the "rich uncle" comes in.  ::)

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 05:11:08 PM »
be alot more but not anywhere close to 500k.  you watch too much tv.

OK Einstein, the OranGE County Sheriff, Mike Carona, was just indicted on 10 felony counts-same as Hide-his legal defense has ALREADY SPENT OVER HALF A MILLION DOLLARS, AND THE CASE IS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD! TOTAL COSTS ARE GOING TO BE 2.5 MILLION, minimum.

Good thing you do NOT practice law-you would get kicked out of the profession real fast.

Hope this helps.  ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »

OK Einstein, the OranGE County Sheriff, Mike Carona, was just indicted on 10 felony counts-same as Hide-his legal defense has ALREADY SPENT OVER HALF A MILLION DOLLARS, AND THE CASE IS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD! TOTAL COSTS ARE GOING TO BE 2.5 MILLION, minimum.

Probably hired a San Diego lawyer.  ::)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 05:17:01 PM »
OK, the prosecutor and the defense lawyer talk about the case over lunch, come to an agreement, the defense lawyer picks up the lunch check and it's free TV air time for everyone. End of story.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 05:28:32 PM »

Your reply pretty much sums up the sad state of affairs in current, hardcore bodybuilding.
I am no legal expert so I won't attempt some bonehead legal comment on this one.
I do think that with this celeb lawyer from the OJ case involved , it will get a lot of tabloid media attention.
This may open the floodgates into some major investigations on drugs in pro bodybuilding.

I am going to predict, right now, that this will be the start of some major crap within the IFBB pro div .
If the IFBB pro div got on it RIGHT NOW with some proactive,real  drug testing, they could beat a lot of the pending shitstorm that may be headed their way.I suspect they may just turn a blind eye, put their collective heads in the sand and try to ride it out until the storm passes (kinda like the poor souls that tried to ride out hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast). WE shall see..................... ....... ::)
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!