Author Topic: How can I get a good shape?  (Read 3914 times)

Edgar

• Getbig I
How can I get a good shape?
« on: December 15, 2008, 10:22:55 PM »

I hate how I look. I知 skinny, and I look weak. Sometimes I hesitate to talk to people (especially girls) because of that. Anyone knows how I can get a good shape? Help me please.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
Beyond Brawn is a good start.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 11:18:28 PM »
I hate how I look. I知 skinny, and I look weak. Sometimes I hesitate to talk to people (especially girls) because of that. Anyone knows how I can get a good shape? Help me please.

Read this book, study it, and follow it exactly:

http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Brawn-Insiders-Encyclopedia-Muscle/dp/9963916368/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228968245&sr=1-1

Understand the concepts, visualize yourself applying the concepts while you learn them, then apply them as you imagined. 
Good luck, Edgar. We're all cheering for you and we're here if you ever want to talk or need help. ;)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: How can I get a good shape?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 10:51:22 AM »
Oh! This is not at all a big problem, my friend. It happens with lots of people like you and me. A friend had the same problem and he came across a free pdf book on building muscles. That book helped him get a good and healthy shape.

Hopefully you won稚 hesitate talking to people very soon.

f*ck off!  I'm guessing this is you too?
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=250797.0;topicseen
It hasn't helped...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 01:08:45 PM »

Have you considered bodybuilding?

If so, it's a remarkable coincidence that you've come to this place.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 02:32:27 PM »

Sounds like you might have BDD. First and foremost, if you want to get big, EAT....EAT....EAT....EAT ....EAT.....EAT. Eat every 2-3hrs, as much as you can. FOOD is THE BEST supplement you can ever take. Also start training 5 days a week, training one bodypart per day. :P

Powerlifter519

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »
Eat and Lift Eat and Lift

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
  • Whatever doesn't kill me, Makes me Stronger!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 10:12:18 PM »

post till your getbig post count is 20000. ;D

alextiggs

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 07:41:39 PM »

Weight loss creates problems. However, it can be controlled by proper diet, exercises and healthy habits. 
There is no alternative like working out. You can check out www.onesteptofitness.com/video-wl/ for more information. "

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 01:00:50 AM »
Weight loss creates problems. However, it can be controlled by proper diet, exercises and healthy habits. 
There is no alternative like working out. You can check out www.onesteptofitness.com/video-wl/ for more information. "

*post reported*

spamming
It hasn't helped...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 05:39:34 PM »

case closed

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 01:03:25 AM »
its simple.

1 - lift weights in the 6-8 rep range - at least 3 sets each bodypart twice a week - the perfect range is 42-66 reps each bodypart twice a week for maximum mass as per studies.
2 - focus on compound movements for each bodypart i.e. bb/db bench, squat, deadlift, bb/db rows, bb/db military press, barbell curls, skull crushers, etc try
3 - try to increase the weight or number of reps on each exercise every single workout.
4 - drink milk before and after your workout
5 - increase calories, by 500-1000 calories a day.
6 - try to get your diet close to a 40/40/20 ratio of protein/carbs/fats or maybe 40/30/30 p/c/f
7 - eat every 4-5 hours, breakfast/lunch/dinner/before bed - no need for the every 3 hours, its a myth.
8 - weight yourself before you start, measure your bodyparts too, and every month do the same again, if you are not increasing, then lncrease your calories.
9 - do not waste money on bulshit supplements. The only ones you should use are whey or casein, creatine, and multi vitamins & minerals, with extra vit c   8)

Good luck.

if you have any questions ask away.
175lbs by 31st July

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 02:52:31 AM »
All you need...

I hate the State.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 08:17:11 AM »
If you have a slow metabolism, eat plenty of peanut butter, steak, cottage cheese, potatoes, eggs, rice....... you get it...... if it is not bolted down, eat it!!!!!

On the other hand, if you tend to gain bodyfat easily, watch your total calories ingested...... drink protein shakes, eat low calorie foods such as, whole wheat bread, oatmeal, egg whites, lean ground beef, smoked turkey, tuna fish.......ect

Train 4-5 days a week and don't go overboard on total sets performed. 10 sets for large muscle groups, 8 sets for smaller muscle groups. Stay focused and get together with a good training partner. It will take a while to see gains...... maybe a year or so but stay with it. Once you see some results, you will be hooked to training. Stay away from negative influences and so called training experts. Learn by trial and error. What works for you may not necessarily work for someone else. Learn as you go...... and stick with a program that works for you!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 08:18:38 AM »
If you have a slow metabolism, eat plenty of peanut butter, steak, cottage cheese, potatoes, eggs, rice....... you get it...... if it is not bolted down, eat it!!!!!

On the other hand, if you tend to gain bodyfat easily, watch your total calories ingested...... drink protein shakes, eat low calorie foods such as, whole wheat bread, oatmeal, egg whites, lean ground beef, smoked turkey, tuna fish.......ect

Train 4-5 days a week and don't go overboard on total sets performed. 10 sets for large muscle groups, 8 sets for smaller muscle groups. Stay focused and get together with a good training partner. It will take a while to see gains...... maybe a year or so but stay with it. Once you see some results, you will be hooked to training. Stay away from negative influences and so called training experts. Learn by trial and error. What works for you may not necessarily work for someone else. Learn as you go...... and stick with a program that works for you!
I am sorry, at the beginning of my above post, I should have said, if you have a fast metabolism....... My apologies

wolverine0904

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 12:59:24 PM »
its simple.

1 - lift weights in the 6-8 rep range - at least 3 sets each bodypart twice a week - the perfect range is 42-66 reps each bodypart twice a week for maximum mass as per studies.
2 - focus on compound movements for each bodypart i.e. bb/db bench, squat, deadlift, bb/db rows, bb/db military press, barbell curls, skull crushers, etc try
3 - try to increase the weight or number of reps on each exercise every single workout.
4 - drink milk before and after your workout
5 - increase calories, by 500-1000 calories a day.
6 - try to get your diet close to a 40/40/20 ratio of protein/carbs/fats or maybe 40/30/30 p/c/f
7 - eat every 4-5 hours, breakfast/lunch/dinner/before bed - no need for the every 3 hours, its a myth.
8 - weight yourself before you start, measure your bodyparts too, and every month do the same again, if you are not increasing, then lncrease your calories.
9 - do not waste money on bulshit supplements. The only ones you should use are whey or casein, creatine, and multi vitamins & minerals, with extra vit c   8)

Good luck.

if you have any questions ask away.

I must say this one basically sums it all up. Like it says, don't rely on supplements besides the multi-vitamins, protein and creatine because not only is it a big waste of money but it is also bad for your body and may cause some serious problems for you in the future.

Everyone is different and need to do different things to help them get in shape. If you're not one of the people who are blessed with good metabolism, and can eat whatever they please then you should really pay attention to your diet. Also make sure to include cardio along with a weightlifting program because cardio helps reduce unwanted bodyfat and also increases blood flow throughout the body. People say that it is best to perform cardio early in the morning before your first meals because then your body will burn more fat, but be careful not to overdo this because it may cause muscle loss. And lastly, make sure you keep track of what is working for you, so that you can use that to help you achieve your goals.

Best of luck in achieving your goal and also in all your future endeavors.  :D