Author Topic: Ladies....Are We Interested In Resurrecting The Womens Section???  (Read 63982 times)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Okay Ladies.......

Do we have a genuine interest in resurrecting the womens section?

Since I've been posting here (2011) we have the most active females I have seen.

bikinislut
Lobstah
TEH Boob
24 kt
Booty
EastCoastChick
Bertha Butt
Princess L
Mrs Muscles
38-26-40

That's ten ladies that currently post. The most in awhile. And all these posters are solid as far as I can tell.....and thick skinned enough to be here.

With the ultimate downfall of Siouxcountry ladies have no place to go. It's a shit board with a shit leader and shit moderators. I will eventually start a topic about the downfall of Siouxcountry.

I sure don't want this section to be like any other female area/board........to be a Getbigger you have to be a TOUGH FUCKING BITCH that can take nasty, uncalled for insults. Most women can't. They take shit personally. But I believe we could get enough females with tough skins to make this section vibrant.

Numbers really isn't relevant....it's quantity.

Of course it has to be a bit more moderated than the rest of the board as we don't want it to get "stupid".

I think male participation would be fine....and input as well. However we can't have them go all gossip and opinion on us......not a big deal......a mod can control that.

I'd also like to point out that we have newbies (Mrs Muscles) to actual IFBB pros (Lobstah).

I'm basically just looking for input really. I personally don't even think we need 3 sections for ladies....just one rocking all questions go section.

I want your input. Let me know what you think. 

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: Ladies....Are We Interested In Resurrecting The Womens Section???
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 08:40:11 AM »
Agreed, some men have valuable input. E.g. I am an expert tampon buyer.  And I have coached a woman or two. Many men have. In fact I bet there are dozens of men who have trained women professionally for every one woman who has trained another woman.

The problem here now is the bizarre enforcement of the rules. Technically I'm not even allowed to post this (didn't request permission to post!). But I'm almost sure it will stand, as it is positive and doesn't step on any toes. Then again if I post something that isn't rabidly feminine (or sucking up to feminine mores in general) then the post gets deleted 'because I didn't ask permission to post'. That's bullshit: a rule exists or it doesn't. And if it exists it should be enforced consistently, without personal prejudice.

I think men are fine with moderation. There are many subfora here that are all knowledge, no flaming. The AAS board is just one great example: some of the biggest users, but no roid rage. The nutrition section is also fine.

In my opinion you need responsible moderators, who moderate based ONLY on rules, not personal preference. Factual disagreement or clearly labelled personal opinions should be allowed, even from men. Not allowing normal discussion has turned this section into the perfect stereotype of what men think of women: 'women talk, men are supposed to sit back and shut up'. Well, it's clear how well that strategy is working...

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 10:18:29 AM »
Honestly Phreak your input is welcome.

The rules for this section need to be changed.

There is no need to "baby" the ladies of Getbig any longer. The wimps are at Siouxcountry and the ladies with real vaginas are here. We don't need nor want to be pampered. We just want to have some great discussion here.

Some honest but civil discussion would be a great thing for this section.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 03:56:09 PM »

There is no need to "baby" the ladies of Getbig any longer. The wimps are at Siouxcountry and the ladies with real vaginas are here. We don't need nor want to be pampered. We just want to have some great discussion here.

CIVIL is key, but I don't think there's a shot in hell that it will happen.
I enjoy getbig more than I ever enjoyed Siouxcountry, but I also accept that I can never be as honest about some things here as I could be there because everything turns into a chance to "own" someone or a chance to sexualize here. The opposite is true as well. There are things I can say here without and fallout, like about my diet and training, that would be regarded with disdain there because for some reason Jason thinks he needs to save adult women from their own decisions.
I don't know, there really isn't an "Eden" as far as the internet goes...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 11:16:38 AM »
Agreed, some men have valuable input. E.g. I am an expert tampon buyer. ;D And I have coached a woman or two. Many men have. In fact I bet there are dozens of men who have trained women professionally for every one woman who has trained another woman.

The problem here now is the bizarre enforcement of the rules. Technically I'm not even allowed to post this (didn't request permission to post!). But I'm almost sure it will stand, as it is positive and doesn't step on any toes. Then again if I post something that isn't rabidly feminine (or sucking up to feminine mores in general) then the post gets deleted 'because I didn't ask permission to post'. That's bullshit: a rule exists or it doesn't. And if it exists it should be enforced consistently, without personal prejudice.

I think men are fine with moderation. There are many subfora here that are all knowledge, no flaming. The AAS board is just one great example: some of the biggest users, but no roid rage. The nutrition section is also fine.

In my opinion you need responsible moderators, who moderate based ONLY on rules, not personal preference. Factual disagreement or clearly labelled personal opinions should be allowed, even from men. Not allowing normal discussion has turned this section into the perfect stereotype of what men think of women: 'women talk, men are supposed to sit back and shut up'. Well, it's clear how well that strategy is working...

YOU have been asked to formally agree to the rules.  I'm asking you again...nicely  ;) if you wish to continue.  I'm sure your input would be appreciated.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 11:30:34 AM »

The rules are in place for good reason although somewhat relaxed in recent years, they will remain for now.  The women who were most active in years past are sadly gone due to incessant harassment from those unnamed  (CQ, RIP, BEAST, Laura, newmom, W8 etc. and OS (R.I.P.  :'()   Of course pampering isn't necessary ~ never was.  Personally, I'm not familiar with SC, but I can just imagine what you speak of  ;) , but also please refrain from "bashing" another site.  I'm sure Ron runs into some of these folks in his travels.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 11:40:47 AM »
I enjoy getbig more than I ever enjoyed Siouxcountry, but I also accept that I can never be as honest about some things here as I could be there because everything turns into a chance to "own" someone or a chance to sexualize here. The opposite is true as well. There are things I can say here without and fallout, like about my diet and training, that would be regarded with disdain there because for some reason Jason thinks he needs to save adult women from their own decisions.

The G&O has always been owning central  ::) but we've done our best to keep it off the women's board.   There shouldn't be any issues with your honesty here.
:

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 05:19:52 PM »

That site is agenda driven. It aims to bring down certain teams/coaches while praising others.....Layne Norton, Scott Abel, etc.

Girls get ripped apart for doing more than 30 minutes cardio each day and for eating under 1500 calories.

It's gotten horrible and is a joke.

In an attempt to resurrect it Crystol and Jason are playing "Nice we love everyone equally blah blah blah we are a safe place for women blah blah blah". It's pathetic.

The way the treat girls is often worse than G&O.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 05:21:16 PM »
The rules are in place for good reason although somewhat relaxed in recent years, they will remain for now.  The women who were most active in years past are sadly gone due to incessant harassment from those unnamed  (CQ, RIP, BEAST, Laura, newmom, W8 etc. and OS (R.I.P.  :'()   Of course pampering isn't necessary ~ never was.  Personally, I'm not familiar with SC, but I can just imagine what you speak of  ;) , but also please refrain from "bashing" another site.  I'm sure Ron runs into some of these folks in his travels.

Name them. Name and ban. Why were these members not punished for harassment in this section? How bad did it get?

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 06:30:08 PM »
The rules are in place for good reason although somewhat relaxed in recent years, they will remain for now.  The women who were most active in years past are sadly gone due to incessant harassment from those unnamed  (CQ, RIP, BEAST, Laura, W8 etc. and OS (R.I.P.  :'()   Of course pampering isn't necessary ~ never was.  Personally, I'm not familiar with SC, but I can just imagine what you speak of  ;) , but also please refrain from "bashing" another site.  I'm sure Ron runs into some of these folks in his travels.

Actually, he doesn't. Jason, who runs SC, is well known for never attending ANY shows EVER. Not ONE show.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 03:15:48 AM »
Actually, he doesn't. Jason, who runs SC, is well known for never attending ANY shows EVER. Not ONE show.

Yet he thinks he knows everything about the sport and he feels he's fully qualified to judge the physiques on stage.

Hopefully some of the "okay" ladies will swing on by these parts once his forum is gone.

It's dying.....he starts 98% of the threads and lately they are "mushy" memory threads or threads about how "wonderful and humble" of a guy he is. Desperate for posts and he's tugging at his members heart strings.

Regardless maybe we can get this forum going again. Problem is nobody even views this forum.

I actually have no problem participating in the rest of the board....but another member mentioned getting this section going. So we'll see.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 03:37:21 AM »
I sure don't want this section to be like any other female area/board........to be a Getbigger you have to be a TOUGH FUCKING BITCH that can take nasty, uncalled for insults. Most women can't. They take shit personally. But I believe we could get enough females with tough skins to make this section vibrant.

Numbers really isn't relevant....it's quantity.

Of course it has to be a bit more moderated than the rest of the board as we don't want it to get "stupid".

I think male participation would be fine....and input as well. However we can't have them go all gossip and opinion on us......not a big deal......a mod can control that.

I'd also like to point out that we have newbies (Mrs Muscles) to actual IFBB pros (Lobstah).

I'm basically just looking for input really. I personally don't even think we need 3 sections for ladies....just one rocking all questions go section.

I want your input. Let me know what you think. 
Indeed, you need a tough skin on Get Big, but I like it. I can relate more to men than to most women.  ;)

I would appreciate male input, as long it is fair and constructive. Flaming, trolling and owning is for G&O.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 04:04:14 AM »
The rules sometimes seem a bit abitrary. A man has to ask permission to post; a woman can post automatically. No matter if the woman is real/fake or constructive/trolling. Yes, I understand any trolling post can and will be removed. But the fact remains that a woman needs no permission to post here, just because she is female. I am not in favour of positive discrimination on any ground, let alone on gender.

I also think that having to ask permission to post first, stops men from adding interesting input to any discussion here. If I were a man, I would not bother to ask permission and either post (as phreak does) or just don't post at all and keeping the interesting info to myself. ;)

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 02:20:43 PM »
I like this section.  :) If the men behave they they can come in but if they don't then they should get in troble.

like spanking? be gentle, I have sensitive ass cheeks  ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 02:54:27 PM »
Name them. Name and ban. Why were these members not punished for harassment in this section? How bad did it get?

The rules sometimes seem a bit abitrary. A man has to ask permission to post; a woman can post automatically. No matter if the woman is real/fake or constructive/trolling. Yes, I understand any trolling post can and will be removed. But the fact remains that a woman needs no permission to post here, just because she is female. I am not in favour of positive discrimination on any ground, let alone on gender.

I also think that having to ask permission to post first, stops men from adding interesting input to any discussion here. If I were a man, I would not bother to ask permission and either post (as phreak does) or just don't post at all and keeping the interesting info to myself. ;)

As written in the description of what Ron wanted this board to be when he first created it:

"Some male members of Getbig have been known to purposely offend women on this site which has resulted in very few women posting here and has discouraged others from joining.

In an effort to make current female members of Getbig feel comfortable and to encourage other females to register and participate, males must be approved by the moderators in order to be able to post on this particular board."

When this particular board was first started, Ron wanted NO males posting here.  Initially, we had to delete them all.  After talking to him about it, he agreed that if they could participate without causing problems they should be allowed to post here.  That is where the "agreement to the rules" element came from.

This board was very busy and fun for years.  Even people that had feuds on the other boards would normally be civil to one another here.  And if they weren't, they would be edited or deleted (and warned if necessary).  This went both ways; for males and for females.

When threats and outings became more of the norm, less people post on the whole of getbig and of course this affects this board as well.  I'm not going to post details here regarding the threats and who they came from, but it is important to know that if you reveal information about yourself, and then someone gets butthurt by you or decides they don't like you, they may "internet stalk" you and will possibly find out your information.  What they do with it then depends on that person.

For now the rules will remain unless Ron wants them gone.  It shouldn't be that painful to agree to be civil to each other on here.  Even if females are uncivil, they will be edited/deleted/warned.  One female has been (temporarily) banned from this board 3 times.  The only other person banned was a male for a temporary period of time.

If these guidelines are too harsh for you and you want to make your own board, but stay in the female section, start posting on the Fitness/Figure area.

:

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 03:09:33 PM »
I don't know about men needing permission to post here...that would be like restricting women from a men's section, and it also implies that women need protection. And like kini said, the women we want are boss a$$ bichez

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 03:12:55 PM »
Pretty sure any guy posting in this section has been pretty respectful and upfront/honest. 

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 03:14:26 PM »
I don't know about men needing permission to post here...that would be like restricting women from a men's section, and it also implies that women need protection. And like kini said, the women we want are boss a$$ bichez

It's true.

I'm suspecting the board wasn't being moderated properly if it got that out of control. But whatev.....shit happens. Lol @ a chick getting banned three times. WTF do you have to do to get banned 3 times hahahahaha.  :D

I think men should be allowed without permission as well. Most people on this board are actually well behaved believe it or not.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 03:20:43 PM »
Pretty sure any guy posting in this section has been pretty respectful and upfront/honest. 

Absolutely for the last little while.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 03:22:38 PM »
Absolutely for the last little while.

even when I playfully hit on you? lol.  Yeah I get tired of the owning on here and the big talk.  I miss Stella though. 

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 03:34:52 PM »
even when I playfully hit on you? lol.  Yeah I get tired of the owning on here and the big talk.  I miss Stella though

Ditto. :'(

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 03:41:16 PM »

These are the rules.  Seriously, it's not that difficult.

Some male members of Getbig have been known to purposely offend women on this site which has resulted in very few women posting here and has discouraged others from joining.

In an effort to make current female members of getbig feel comfortable and to encourage other females to register and participate, males must be approved by the moderators in order to be able to post on this particular board.

1. Show common courtesy at all times. Know the difference between a difference of opinion and a personal attack. Don't engage in insults. Do remember that we have members from a variety of nations, races and religious beliefs.
2. Do not post solicitations or advertisements without permission.
3. Do not post threats or any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, or invasive of a person's privacy.
4. This forum is for support, empowerment, sharing opinions and entertainment. Getbig.com is not a professional advice forum, and no one should use it as such. For medical problems, consult a medical professional.
5. Moderators may move posts as deemed necessary and at their discretion.
6. Do not register or post under multiple user names or pretend to be female when you are not.  If you are confused, please seek professional help and/or your doctor's advice.
7. Report objectionable posts to the moderators rather than responding in kind.
8. The moderators reserve the right to edit or delete posts that violate forum rules. Spamming will not be tolerated.
9. By registering to use the forum, you agree to abide by all terms and conditions, and give the board administration staff permission to contact you at the e-mail address listed in your profile.  
10. Members who violate forum rules will first receive a warning, and upon their second violation will be either temporary or permanently banned from this board.

If you agree to conduct yourself according to the above guidelines, please PM either STella (Butterbean) or PL (Princess L) or agree on this board to follow the rules for "approved male poster status."  :D  When you have been approved, you will see your name on the "Approved Male Posters" thread.

Meanwhile, if you are female, welcome.  You are already approved.  Our intention is a safe place for you to post freely on getbig without fear of attack or harrassment.  We request that you abide by the same guidelines that we ask of the men that must be approved to ensure a pleasant environment  :)

:

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 03:44:50 PM »
Absolutely NO ONE actually reads the rules. It doesn't matter if they should....they don't.

What's worse is who would expect such a rule from a forum like Getbig. The most liberal discussion forum on the internet practically. 

There is no other place on the internet where men have to ask to join in the female discussion. This is something that is not obvious.

Not sure why Ron wanted that but no one else wants it. Nor does anybody else listen to it.

I think it's time for a change and I suppose I'll go into getbig complaints and ask Ron to make a change so we can get more discussion in here from males and females alike.

If things get rank we can always change the rules once more. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 04:23:13 PM »

I respectfully disagree...and not out of chauvinistic spite - there is some REAL TRASH on this board. 

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 04:32:19 PM »

I respectfully disagree...and not out of chauvinistic spite - there is some REAL TRASH on this board

Like what?

I haven't seen it yet.

How old is this trash.