Author Topic: Arnold 2014 Figure Results  (Read 22431 times)

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
Arnold 2014 Figure Results
« on: March 01, 2014, 12:28:12 PM »
Just to be candid, I didn't start this thread. It was part of another thread, moved to it's own thread, and here on 3/3/14, I am modifying the opening post to reflect that change.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 12:32:28 PM »
Did we just agree to resurrect this section?  Because I came here to complain... about the Arnold 2014 figure results.
Candice Keene  looked great.  No arguments from me that she  should've won. Nice balance, fewest flaws, great shape, good level of conditioning.
http://tinyurl.com/mrsaccd
http://tinyurl.com/mxgm3zb

That's where my satisfaction stops.

Heather Dees came in second.  SECOND.
http://tinyurl.com/ka8ujjz
http://tinyurl.com/kzxf2ra

Okay,  so... now if ANYONE can please explain to me how Heather Dees beat ANY of the following physiques on the Arnold figure stage, it would be greatly appreciated.  thanks in advance

Karina Grau 14th
http://tinyurl.com/lk8jw2m
http://tinyurl.com/lrg3pt3

Gen Strobo 6th
http://tinyurl.com/n5xuadb
http://tinyurl.com/kojokhx

Candice Lewis 5th
http://tinyurl.com/mwc82e2
http://tinyurl.com/mxf5smw

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 01:47:11 PM »
Haha..I was just going to start a thread about this.

Honestly....figure is starting to go hard again and I don't like it simply because most of those girls could do physique poses and fit right in with the Dana Lynn Baileys.

I want a class distinction.

I like that Heather Dees came softer.....it's a good distinction between physique and figure. I like her shape.....good proportions....but I wouldn't have had her second.

A lot of people are talking about Candace Lewis but honestly I find her shoulders too much.....unproportional. She's streamlined everywhere but then her arms seem out of balance to me.....the shoulders are just too much for me.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 01:48:45 PM »
I thought Ann Titone looked great...I would have had her before Dees as well as Strobo before Dees.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »
In this line up if Heather Dees had come harder I could have seen her second place justified.

I would have liked Keene/Titone for first/second

Then Strobo/Dees for third/fourth...

Then Rodriguez and the rest.

I think the judges were pretty decent in their judging.

Again.....Dees has a nice balanced flow but her conditioning didn't compare to the rest.....however I think her level of conditioning should be be what figure is about just to make it different from physique.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »
 Nah, I think Dees  is disgusting.  Her waist is a mile wide!  we're supposed to be shaped like martini glasses, not fucking coffee mugs.  Wide shoulders,  small waist - that's the criteria.
 The difference between figure and physique is not just hardness, but also the AMOUNT of muscle.  Candice Keene, Candice Lewis, Ann Titone, Gen Strobo -  first of all, maybe harder than you like, but not even close to as hard as physique, but when you look at the AMOUNT of muscle these ladies carry, I think the divisional differences are pretty obvious.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 03:22:38 PM »
In this line up if Heather Dees had come harder I could have seen her second place justified.

I would have liked Keene/Titone for first/second

Then Strobo/Dees for third/fourth...

Then Rodriguez and the rest.

I think the judges were pretty decent in their judging.

Again.....Dees has a nice balanced flow but her conditioning didn't compare to the rest.....however I think her level of conditioning should be be what figure is about just to make it different from physique.
you're kidding,  right?
 how in any way is her thick waist, lack of lower body development, and bad conditioning "balanced."  what about her  flows well, to you?

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 05:01:00 PM »
Nah, I think Dees  is disgusting.  Her waist is a mile wide!  we're supposed to be shaped like martini glasses, not fucking coffee mugs.  Wide shoulders,  small waist - that's the criteria.
 The difference between figure and physique is not just hardness, but also the AMOUNT of muscle.  Candice Keene, Candice Lewis, Ann Titone, Gen Strobo -  first of all, maybe harder than you like, but not even close to as hard as physique, but when you look at the AMOUNT of muscle these ladies carry, I think the divisional differences are pretty obvious.

No...I'm seeing pretty similar amounts of muscle on figure and physique girls. Compare Keene and Bailey. Pretty damn close.

Dees doesn't have the greatest waist...I agree.....but the rest of her is pretty symmetrical. I think if she was better conditioned it would show more. Nothing on her is too big or too small minus the waist.

I think if you took the top figure girls vs the top physique girls with equal conditioning you could easily switch some into the other class.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 10:37:54 PM »
No...I'm seeing pretty similar amounts of muscle on figure and physique girls. Compare Keene and Bailey. Pretty damn close.

Dees doesn't have the greatest waist...I agree.....but the rest of her is pretty symmetrical. I think if she was better conditioned it would show more. Nothing on her is too big or too small minus the waist.

I think if you took the top figure girls vs the top physique girls with equal conditioning you could easily switch some into the other class.
Nope, sorry.
I think since you haven't had them side by side, you haven't really had a chance to see JUST how big these physique girls really are, so HERE YOU ARE. The top girls from the Olympia (physique up top, figure on the bottom - Keene and Dees the way they looked at the Arnold), with the top girls from the NY Pro (because the NY Pro was judged by the IFBB President) who didn't compete at the Olympia thrown in for good measure. 
There's a HUGE difference in the AMOUNT of muscle. It's not just hardness (because if you look, some of the physique girls aren't even particularly hard). It's SIZE. The only anomaly is Nicole Wilkins, who came in NOTICEABLY bigger than she ever has in the past at the Olympia. Normally I would say that was noteworthy, but let's face it, she's a Wieder athlete, and has also won the Olympia MUCH smaller and softer, which means it doesn't actually matter what she looks like as long as she looks decent.

And just a reminder: better conditioning means you get SMALLER. A figure girl shows up with physique conditioning, she's EVEN SMALLER than what you're seeing here. So no, the two are not even close.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 10:49:26 PM »
PS, here's Dana and Candice JUST WALKING. You really think these two are comparable in size? Really, mama?

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
Re: Arnold 2014 Figure Results
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 05:38:06 PM »
Well, I don't know, I guess the girl board is NOT going to be revived, seeing as how threads started there mostly wither and die. What is, is.

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
  • How the f%@k do you post personal pics?
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 05:51:36 PM »
Well, I don't know, I guess the girl board is NOT going to be revived, seeing as how threads started there mostly wither and die. What is, is.

I wish I could join you and BS in the discussion on Fitness and Physique but having never competed, my words will only be guess work. Strange as it seems I lift because, well, I actually like lifting. Now I'm considering *fingers crossed* stepping on stage in the future, but we'll see.  ;)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 06:40:29 PM »
Whatever.  Fabulous pix and posts but I figure you're on the wrong thread in a different section of the Girly Board, you should be on the:

Womens Training / Womens Physique / Bodybuilding
Positive Board regarding Female Bodybuilding and Women's Physqiue, various info and training advice / discussion for women.
No negative posts.
Moderators: Princess L, Ron, ripitupbaby

That's the section for your post.  Get with the program and let's make this Girly Board work.

xxxL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »
Or you could post these pix anyplace else other than our Girly Board and get a proper full-on rude male response to her waist size...

Thanks so much Candid
xL

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »
I wish I could join you and BS in the discussion on Fitness and Physique but having never competed, my words will only be guess work. Strange as it seems I lift because, well, I actually like lifting. Now I'm considering *fingers crossed* stepping on stage in the future, but we'll see.  ;)

Of course you can join in.....it's all opinion....especially in this pageantry.

I think I could gather different pics than Lobstah showing a figure competitor with more muscle than a current top physique competitor.

Again...opinion, perspective, etc.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 11:37:54 PM »
Whatever.  Fabulous pix and posts but I figure you're on the wrong thread in a different section of the Girly Board, you should be on the:

Womens Training / Womens Physique / Bodybuilding
Positive Board regarding Female Bodybuilding and Women's Physqiue, various info and training advice / discussion for women.
No negative posts.
Moderators: Princess L, Ron, ripitupbaby

That's the section for your post.  Get with the program and let's make this Girly Board work.

xxxL

Did you read the very first post in this thread? I didn't start this. It was part of another thread entirely and someone - I have no idea who - made it it's own thread. I assume a mod. So a mod decided it should go here, not me. But thank you for your, snarky attitude when you clearly didn't even read the handful of posts presented. Get with the program.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 11:44:13 PM »

Nope, you and anyone else should join in any and everywhere. That's how we get a discussion going! You don't need to compete to have an opinion. You think all the dummies on the G&O who have an opinion about Jay, Heath, Dex, Wolf, Ronnie, etc have COMPETED (Halo, Wiggles, SchlongCrusher)? No way. In fact, you've been on these boards long enough to know a lot of those dudes (ahem, Sizzlesticks) don't even look like they lift. Which means they probably don't.

You should say anything you damn well please.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 12:57:21 AM »
Of course you can join in.....it's all opinion....especially in this pageantry.

I think I could gather different pics than Lobstah showing a figure competitor with more muscle than a current top physique competitor.

Again...opinion, perspective, etc.
Madame, while it is quite possible to show *a* figure competitor with more muscle than a current top physique competitor, what you originally stated was "I think if you took the top figure girls vs the top physique girls with equal conditioning you could easily switch some into the other class," and this is in fact not the case, because the TOP girls in these divisions have vast size differences. Look, here they are in front of you. Now yes, someone like Larissa Reis (figure) does have more muscle than someone like Vallerie Paul (physique), but Larissa placed freaking 13th at the Arnold, and Vallerie didn't place AT ALL in her last pro show. My point is that the women who are setting the standards for these divisions are not blurring the lines, and we shouldn't be concerned with what's happening way down in 8th, 9th...13th place.

Second, I'll ask again - you said that Candice Keene and Dana Bailey were comparable in size. Do you still think that is the case?

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 08:36:46 PM »
Madame, while it is quite possible to show *a* figure competitor with more muscle than a current top physique competitor, what you originally stated was "I think if you took the top figure girls vs the top physique girls with equal conditioning you could easily switch some into the other class," and this is in fact not the case, because the TOP girls in these divisions have vast size differences. Look, here they are in front of you. Now yes, someone like Larissa Reis (figure) does have more muscle than someone like Vallerie Paul (physique), but Larissa placed freaking 13th at the Arnold, and Vallerie didn't place AT ALL in her last pro show. My point is that the women who are setting the standards for these divisions are not blurring the lines, and we shouldn't be concerned with what's happening way down in 8th, 9th...13th place.

Second, I'll ask again - you said that Candice Keene and Dana Bailey were comparable in size. Do you still think that is the case?

I absolutely do....and this is because I've seen a picture of the two of them side by side.

Those pics no but the pic with the two of them together...absolutely. If I see it I'll save it.

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »
I remember seeing an interview back in the late 90's of Sharon Bruneau (sp) and he was talking about "leaving" the sport because he didn't like the direction it was going in with the shemale type bodybuilders. She was a 10-15 years too early, she would've done well in physique and fitness nowadays.

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 09:14:30 PM »
Lobs you're right, half the dudes blathering in G&O have never competed...doesn't stop them.

@BS and Lobs, y'all both do fitness?

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 01:04:17 AM »
Lobs you're right, half the dudes blathering in G&O have never competed...doesn't stop them.

@BS and Lobs, y'all both do fitness?
I do figure. Bikini does [I assume] bikini. I used to think I wanted to do Physique, but (and I'm only admitting this because I'm taking to a group of women) there is a limit to the amount of weight I can carry and still be happy, and a limit to the amount of patience I have for the muscle-building process. Sorry, but it's true. Doesn't matter how lean I am, where I'm holding it, how I perform, etc. My offseason weight for figure is around 145 +/- 2lbs. The thought of being 150 or more in a Pro Physique offseason, and even then, being possibly too small to fit in come competition time? Fuck that. I respect everyone's decisions, but I already have enough trouble at my current size (which ISN'T BIG!)
AND it took me six years to get here. I for damn sure don't have ANOTHER few years to catch up to the physique girls, so I can be mediocre at best. Fuuuuuuuck thaaaaaaat. I will just be mediocre right where I already am thank you very much.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 05:14:22 AM »
Lobstah, thanks for pointing out the difference between physique and figure! Never understood that, but I'm not the only one I noticed...

They're both not really my cup of tea, though I like the physiques slightly better. I do appreciate the effort both these ladies put into looking like this! I could never commit myself to so much discipline.
Like EastCoastChick I just like lifting for the sake of lifting. For me, looking good is just a side effect of having fun in the gym.  ;D

(Oh, and I would be too clumsy and hazzardous to be on a stage... I would break my neck on those heels, poke someones (or my own) eyes out with nails that long, get my (head!) hair tangled up in my bikini, and that's ony for starters!  ;D )

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 12:00:16 PM »
Is that slight V shape desirable in figure? Seems like everybody has slim hips.

I'm just not built that way ...of course those ladies have really low bf, and I don't  :P

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 05:02:09 PM »
I do figure. Bikini does [I assume] bikini. I used to think I wanted to do Physique, but (and I'm only admitting this because I'm taking to a group of women) there is a limit to the amount of weight I can carry and still be happy, and a limit to the amount of patience I have for the muscle-building process. Sorry, but it's true. Doesn't matter how lean I am, where I'm holding it, how I perform, etc. My offseason weight for figure is around 145 +/- 2lbs. The thought of being 150 or more in a Pro Physique offseason, and even then, being possibly too small to fit in come competition time? Fuck that. I respect everyone's decisions, but I already have enough trouble at my current size (which ISN'T BIG!)
AND it took me six years to get here. I for damn sure don't have ANOTHER few years to catch up to the physique girls, so I can be mediocre at best. Fuuuuuuuck thaaaaaaat. I will just be mediocre right where I already am thank you very much.

See I'm the opposite. I got a Serena thing going on and can carry mass and my muscles respond fairly well in short order but that overly manly Kyle Iris look just aint where its at, so physique is where I would land. Too large for figure though.