Author Topic: extra lean ground beef?  (Read 3637 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
extra lean ground beef?
« on: January 17, 2006, 07:39:03 PM »
is this stuff ok for us bodybuilders to have once in a while? or should i not eat it and throw in 2 chicken breasts just like what i had for lunch?
bodybuildersreality.com

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: extra lean ground beef?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:00:14 PM »
You can rinse it with really hot water (must be at least 150 degrees - so you probably won't get that out of your tap) which will ultimately make it as "lean" as chicken breast.  Sure, you lose a lot of flavor down the drain  :-\  but then just use more seasoning.
:

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 08:38:09 PM »
I've been seeing this "rinse your hamburger" since i've been visiting this place.I know it has something to do w/Doggcrapp training philosophy or such but for the life of me what the hell is the purpose of it?To make the hamburger leaner?Can anyone clue me in on this?
BTW, I use lean ground hamburger if i'm gonna make something to eat w/it.Then again I never have to go through a contest mode however as I don't train to compete & am just in this for my health.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 10:52:52 PM »
alright so its ok then....good for protien? cuz it ads some variety for me other than just plain chicken breasts or steak.
bodybuildersreality.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 11:42:27 PM »
I am sure the rinsing gets off the excess fat that comes out of the meat.  The water has to behot enough to keep the fat in a liquid form or else it will solidify and stick to the meat.  That's why if you don't mind the little extra work buying the cheaper fat burger is as good as the lean burger.  Cook you burger with fresh garlic and onions and spices. Let it simmer for a while.  Then drain and rinse.  The spices, garlic and onion will be cooked into the meat more.  If you wait till afterwards the meat will not absorb as much of the flavors.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 12:54:57 PM »
is this stuff ok for us bodybuilders to have once in a while? or should i not eat it and throw in 2 chicken breasts just like what i had for lunch?

Of course it is. A little bit of saturated fat is good for you and it helps to keep your testosterone levels high (if you are natural of course). Try to cook it in a pan with no oil and it will lose that extra fat that is causing you some concerns. I go for red meat twice at week.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 01:13:40 PM »
Ummm.......I think I will stop on the way home at get a ribeye for tonight....ya all are making my hungary.

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 01:54:31 PM »
I eat the lean ground beef a couple times a week.  Even precontest I will eat it like once a week.
W

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 01:57:38 PM »
I have it with whole wheat pasta and sauce all the time... a good change from eating chicken breast.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 02:14:58 PM »
I have it with whole wheat pasta and sauce all the time... a good change from eating chicken breast.
yes thats what i want...i got a lot of chicken to still eat in this lifetime and im sick of it already! my other option is steak usually...but im gonna start buying fish as well.
bodybuildersreality.com

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 03:16:04 PM »
yes thats what i want...i got a lot of chicken to still eat in this lifetime and im sick of it already! my other option is steak usually...but im gonna start buying fish as well.

i like the lean myself.  also, if you see other red meat on sale that week thats lean, but not necessarily grounded, just ask the butcher the ground it up.  they usually do ti with no problem.   

theres turkey ground beef, or if you want a change of texture with the chicken, just get the boneless skinless stuff, and ask them to ground it.  or get the thighs that are boneless and skinless and have them gounded.  i would bet that even the dark meat is better than regular ground beef in terms of fat content. 

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 03:26:02 PM »
Go with Ground Turkey instead, it's great!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 04:47:44 PM »
i like the lean myself.  also, if you see other red meat on sale that week thats lean, but not necessarily grounded, just ask the butcher the ground it up.  they usually do ti with no problem.   

theres turkey ground beef, or if you want a change of texture with the chicken, just get the boneless skinless stuff, and ask them to ground it.  or get the thighs that are boneless and skinless and have them gounded.  i would bet that even the dark meat is better than regular ground beef in terms of fat content. 

alright thats a good idea thanks!
bodybuildersreality.com

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 05:16:07 PM »
ya all are making my hungary.

No man is an island.......or an eastern european country, get bigger.
:-)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 07:27:41 PM »
Go with Ground Turkey instead, it's great!

Don't be fooled.  Unless it's 100% ground trukey breast, it's likely to have a higher fat content than lean ground beef.
: