Author Topic: Obamas' Failed Post-Presidency  (Read 142877 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obamas' Failed Post-Presidency
« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2018, 06:29:57 AM »

Ha ha ha ha.   Fng still utterly clueless and dumb as a rock.

Jesus Christ...

“Do not wait for the perfect message, don’t wait to feel a tingle in your spine because you’re expecting politicians to be so inspiring and poetic and moving that somehow, ‘OK, I’ll get off my couch after all and go spend the 15-20 minutes it takes for me to vote,’” Obama said in his first public comments in months, which only a few reporters and no cameras were allowed in for. “Because that’s part of what happened in the last election. I heard that too much.”

I’ll be honest with you, if I have a regret during my presidency, it is that people were so focused on me and the battles we were having, particularly after we lost the House, that folks stopped paying attention up and down the ballot,” Obama said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #376 on: June 29, 2018, 08:29:30 AM »
Democrat "Governor"  ::)

Govern what? More crime and poverty??

Look at NYC , CT , or NJ - all people fleeing

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #377 on: July 03, 2018, 01:16:57 AM »
 ::)  If if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if ... okie doke.

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/barack-obama-democrats-2018-sound-like-me/
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #378 on: July 03, 2018, 05:25:24 PM »
Skip to comments.

When You Hear What Obama Just Said About Healthcare You Will Know Irony Is Officially Dead
Daily Caller ^ | 06/30/2018 | Benny Johnson
Posted on 6/30/2018, 10:18:37 AM by gattaca

President Obama gave a scathing critique of the modern Democratic Party during a fundraiser at the Beverly Hills home of a mega-donor Thursday.

The former president was reluctant, however, to take any of the blame for the current state of the Democratic Party. Obama admitted that the only regret he has after being head of the party for eight years was that people loved and focused on him too much.

But the majority of Obama’s speech was spent criticizing president Trump. One of the Trump policies Obama took issue with was his effort to kill Obamacare. The healthcare law is Obama’s cornerstone legislative achievement and has been chipped away at by the GOP since Trump’s inauguration.

“I am not surprised that instead of replacing what we had done with something better, they just have done their best to undermine and erode what’s already in place,” Obama complained at the event. “Of course people are going to be angry about that, because if you had health care and suddenly somebody who says they’re going to make it better comes in and makes it worse, you’ll be pissed. You should go out and vote.”

The quote is deeply ironic since Obama himself learned a harsh electoral lesson after promising to make health care “better” and ending up making it “worse.”

There were multiple instances during which Obama went on about how Obamacare would improve the American healthcare system. After passage, premiums rose and Americans were not able to keep their doctors. In response, the American public dealt the Democratic party crushing electoral defeats on virtually every level of government.

Obama continued, chiding Democrats for “moping” at “cocktail parties.”

Obama said, “If you are one of these folks who is watching cable news at your cocktail parties with your friends and you are saying ‘civilization is collapsing’ and you are nervous and worried, but that is not where you are putting all your time, energy and money, then either you don’t actually think civilization is collapsing … or you are not pushing yourself hard enough and I would push harder.”

Late in 2017, the GOP repealed the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate in passage of the tax cuts...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: July 03, 2018, 05:26:17 PM »
Obama is clearly doing lines of coke again.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #380 on: July 03, 2018, 08:05:16 PM »
Skip to comments.

When You Hear What Obama Just Said About Healthcare You Will Know Irony Is Officially Dead
Daily Caller ^ | 06/30/2018 | Benny Johnson
Posted on 6/30/2018, 10:18:37 AM by gattaca

President Obama gave a scathing critique of the modern Democratic Party during a fundraiser at the Beverly Hills home of a mega-donor Thursday.

The former president was reluctant, however, to take any of the blame for the current state of the Democratic Party. Obama admitted that the only regret he has after being head of the party for eight years was that people loved and focused on him too much.

But the majority of Obama’s speech was spent criticizing president Trump. One of the Trump policies Obama took issue with was his effort to kill Obamacare. The healthcare law is Obama’s cornerstone legislative achievement and has been chipped away at by the GOP since Trump’s inauguration.

“I am not surprised that instead of replacing what we had done with something better, they just have done their best to undermine and erode what’s already in place,” Obama complained at the event. “Of course people are going to be angry about that, because if you had health care and suddenly somebody who says they’re going to make it better comes in and makes it worse, you’ll be pissed. You should go out and vote.”

The quote is deeply ironic since Obama himself learned a harsh electoral lesson after promising to make health care “better” and ending up making it “worse.”

There were multiple instances during which Obama went on about how Obamacare would improve the American healthcare system. After passage, premiums rose and Americans were not able to keep their doctors. In response, the American public dealt the Democratic party crushing electoral defeats on virtually every level of government.

Obama continued, chiding Democrats for “moping” at “cocktail parties.”

Obama said, “If you are one of these folks who is watching cable news at your cocktail parties with your friends and you are saying ‘civilization is collapsing’ and you are nervous and worried, but that is not where you are putting all your time, energy and money, then either you don’t actually think civilization is collapsing … or you are not pushing yourself hard enough and I would push harder.”

Late in 2017, the GOP repealed the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate in passage of the tax cuts...

Who the phukk goes to cocktail parties to watch cable news?  What world does Obama inhabit?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2018, 10:49:07 AM »
Report: Obama 'shocked' by settlement expansion
Arutz Sheva ^ | 10/7/18 | David Rosenberg
Posted on 7/10/2018, 3:48:09 AM by Eleutheria5

A series of maps of Judea and Samaria, focusing on the placement of Jewish communities and Israeli military facilities in the area, provoked a dramatic change in the Obama administration’s policies vis-à-vis Israel, a report by The New Yorker claims.

According to the report Monday, a presentation by then-Secretary of State John Kerry to President Barack Obama in the waning days of the administration ‘shocked’ the president into taking a more aggressive stance towards Israel, withholding America’s veto on a United Nations Security Council resolution critical of Israeli policies in Judea and Samaria.

The Obama administration, like its predecessors, had in the past backed a final status settlement negotiated by Israel and the Palestinian Authority and opposed unilateral actions regarding core final status issues. In this vein, the US had traditionally used its veto power on the Security Council to block resolutions directed against Israel.

In December 2016, however, the Obama administration permitted UNSC Resolution 2334 to pass – a measure which demanded Israel unilaterally freeze all construction in not only Judea and Samaria, but eastern Jerusalem as well.

The decision to abandon Israel at the Security Council – a significant departure from traditional US policy – after the president was presented with a series of maps collected at the behest of a senior State Department official, Frank Lowenstein.

The collection of maps, assembled in 2015 by Lowenstein and updated by the State Department in 2016, was presented to Obama and key advisers by Secretary of State John Kerry during a 2016 Oval Office meeting.

Obama administration adviser Ben Rhodes claimed the president was shocked by the maps showing the division of Judea and Samaria and the scope of Jewish settlement in the area.

(Excerpt) Read more at israelnationalnews.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: July 10, 2018, 10:50:27 AM »
Who the phukk goes to cocktail parties to watch cable news?  What world does Obama inhabit?

These faggoty liberal mopes live for this bs   

James

« Reply #383 on: July 10, 2018, 11:26:05 AM »
Report: Obama 'shocked' by settlement expansion
Arutz Sheva ^ | 10/7/18 | David Rosenberg
Posted on 7/10/2018, 3:48:09 AM by Eleutheria5

A series of maps of Judea and Samaria, focusing on the placement of Jewish communities and Israeli military facilities in the area, provoked a dramatic change in the Obama administration’s policies vis-à-vis Israel, a report by The New Yorker claims.

According to the report Monday, a presentation by then-Secretary of State John Kerry to President Barack Obama in the waning days of the administration ‘shocked’ the president into taking a more aggressive stance towards Israel, withholding America’s veto on a United Nations Security Council resolution critical of Israeli policies in Judea and Samaria.

The Obama administration, like its predecessors, had in the past backed a final status settlement negotiated by Israel and the Palestinian Authority and opposed unilateral actions regarding core final status issues. In this vein, the US had traditionally used its veto power on the Security Council to block resolutions directed against Israel.

In December 2016, however, the Obama administration permitted UNSC Resolution 2334 to pass – a measure which demanded Israel unilaterally freeze all construction in not only Judea and Samaria, but eastern Jerusalem as well.

The decision to abandon Israel at the Security Council – a significant departure from traditional US policy – after the president was presented with a series of maps collected at the behest of a senior State Department official, Frank Lowenstein.

The collection of maps, assembled in 2015 by Lowenstein and updated by the State Department in 2016, was presented to Obama and key advisers by Secretary of State John Kerry during a 2016 Oval Office meeting.

Obama administration adviser Ben Rhodes claimed the president was shocked by the maps showing the division of Judea and Samaria and the scope of Jewish settlement in the area.

(Excerpt) Read more at israelnationalnews.com ...

Obama hates both Israel and the USA.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #384 on: July 10, 2018, 11:39:53 AM »
Obama, like most libs, really believes his BS.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #386 on: July 11, 2018, 02:31:32 PM »
Obama hates both Israel and the USA.

Strong, but accurate words. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: July 11, 2018, 02:37:12 PM »
quick question.. is there any way to not be include in updates to a thread once you've posted something on it?

I've wondered the same thing. I think you just have to wait until the thread dies.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #388 on: July 11, 2018, 02:43:11 PM »
It is basically pointless to even argue with Obama supporters at this stage of the game.

He lost his party 1000 seats, the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court.

His performance led to Donald Trump as his successor.

The Progressive base of the left feels betrayed or absolutely disgusted by his continued drone strikes, war mongering, failure to pass universal health care, card check, failure to pass living wage legislation etc etc.

He destroyed the party for a generation but boy could he fake his way through reading a teleprompter.

It will be 20 years before the Democrats pass another legislative bill on the national level.

Too many feelings and not enough tactical strategy. This is where Trump destroys the Left in spades.

Assuming you are not a democrat and based on your list, it appears he did three things for you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #389 on: July 11, 2018, 02:58:05 PM »
I've wondered the same thing. I think you just have to wait until the thread dies.

Or just use that scroll feature and not open or read threads that don't interest you.  Not difficult at all. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: July 11, 2018, 03:05:01 PM »
Are they not, Think you’ll find his support rating is higher than Obama’s was.
And support for Donald is growing not only in America but across the world.

Claim: “The world is starting to respect the United States of America again.”
Claimed by: Donald Trump
Fact check by FactCheck.org: Global Surveys Suggest Not

Direction of Country                   Economist/YouGov   Right Direction 37, Wrong Track 53
President Trump Job Approval   Rasmussen Reports   Approve 47, Disapprove 51   Disapprove +4
President Trump Job Approval   Economist/YouGov   Approve 43, Disapprove 52   Disapprove +9
Congressional Job Approval           Economist/YouGov   Approve 10, Disapprove 68   Disapprove +58

President Obama Job Approval 2010                            Approve 47, Disapprove 36 Disapprove +20.2

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: July 11, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »
Claim: “The world is starting to respect the United States of America again.”
Claimed by: Donald Trump
Fact check by FactCheck.org: Global Surveys Suggest Not

Direction of Country                   Economist/YouGov   Right Direction 37, Wrong Track 53
President Trump Job Approval   Rasmussen Reports   Approve 47, Disapprove 51   Disapprove +4
President Trump Job Approval   Economist/YouGov   Approve 43, Disapprove 52   Disapprove +9
Congressional Job Approval           Economist/YouGov   Approve 10, Disapprove 68   Disapprove +58

President Obama Job Approval 2010
                            Approve 47, Disapprove 36 Disapprove +20.2

Wait....what??  ???  :-\

What are u trying to convey with this post?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: July 11, 2018, 03:54:32 PM »
I'm not clicking on your dumb link.

I already know she got her ass kicked.

You people really need to move on. It's pathetic.

And yet....here we are.. talking about Obama....  :)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: July 11, 2018, 04:10:07 PM »

And yet....here we are.. talking about Obama....  :)

Yeah he ran his political party into a ditch and destroyed it for a generation. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: July 11, 2018, 04:16:09 PM »
 :)
Yeah he ran his political party into a ditch and destroyed it for a generation. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #395 on: July 12, 2018, 06:04:52 PM »
 :'(
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: July 18, 2018, 05:44:10 AM »
George Soros calls Obama 'greatest disappointment,' says doesn't particularly want to be a Democrat
Fox News ^ | July 18, 2018 | Benjamin Brown

New York billionaire George Soros said former President Barack Obama was his "greatest disappointment," during a wide-ranging interview with the New York Times published on Tuesday, while also appearing to distance himself from partisan politics.

The wealthy liberal donor, who was an early supporter of Obama’s 2008 presidential run, told The Times that Obama was "actually my greatest disappointment," before he was reportedly prompted by an aide to clarify that he was dissatisfied on a "professional level," rather than with his presidency.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #397 on: July 18, 2018, 07:11:43 AM »
George Soros calls Obama 'greatest disappointment,' says doesn't particularly want to be a Democrat
Fox News ^ | July 18, 2018 | Benjamin Brown

New York billionaire George Soros said former President Barack Obama was his "greatest disappointment," during a wide-ranging interview with the New York Times published on Tuesday, while also appearing to distance himself from partisan politics.

The wealthy liberal donor, who was an early supporter of Obama’s 2008 presidential run, told The Times that Obama was "actually my greatest disappointment," before he was reportedly prompted by an aide to clarify that he was dissatisfied on a "professional level," rather than with his presidency.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

New York billionaire George Soros

How many different countries does he claim citizenship in?

a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: July 18, 2018, 09:53:23 AM »
Obama: Women need to get more involved because men are 'getting on my nerves'
The Hill ^ | 07/18/18 | Justin Wise
Posted on 7/18/2018, 12:22:35 PM

Former President Barack Obama on Wednesday called for women to get more involved in social movements because men have been "getting on my nerves."

"Women, in particular, by the way, I want you to get more involved," Obama said while hosting a town hall for young African leaders in South Africa. "Because men have been getting on my nerves lately. I mean, every day, I read the newspaper and I just think like, brothers what’s wrong with you guys? What’s wrong with us?

Obama added that "empowering more women on the continent" would "lead to some better policies" right away.

CNN notes that Obama later said that both men and women cannot pretend that politics doesn't matter.

"The one thing you can't do is pretend that politics doesn't matter and say to yourself 'that's too corrupt, that's too broken, I'm not going to get involved in it' because at some point if you are ambitious about what you are doing in your home country, you will confront politics," Obama said.

His call for action came a day after Obama appeared to indirectly criticize President Trump while delivering the 2018 Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture in Johannesburg.

In his speech on Tuesday, Obama warned that “strongman politics are ascending suddenly, whereby elections, some pretense of democracy, are maintained, the form of it.”

He also brought up leaders who "completely make stuff up" in an apparent dig at Trump, adding that the undermining of facts could lead to democracy's "undoing."

"We see the utter loss of shame in political leaders when they’re caught in a lie and they just double down and lie some more," Obama said.

The speech came just one day after Trump drew widespread condemnation for the comments he made in a joint press conference in Finland with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Obama's call for women to get more involved coincides with a year in which many women are running for public office. In March, Politico reported that at least 575 women had declared intention to run for the House, the Senate or governor.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V