Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 only - the lean dry champ  (Read 602422 times)

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 only - the lean dry champ
« Reply #1425 on: March 16, 2020, 05:40:08 AM »
pellius you dont find out that carlos got the first 300 because you dont want to believe it so you dont look.  it was 1978 mr international held in columbus along with the olympia. he won the lightweight with a perfct 300. this was before the universe when mentzer was gifted his win. and my saying things about people being lazy does not apply to everyone who wanted to train heavy duty. some actually busted their ass. it was for those that only heard they trained for 20 minutes 3 times a week so now they think thats all they need to do. go to the gym pump light weights talk rest get out in 20 minutes. and then say crap im training like mentzer why dont i grow.  and heres something else you and other report about dorian and mike but you leave out the real truth . DRUGS lots and lots of DRUGS.  steroids gh insulin ( yes mike used it) rec drugs( yes mike used lots) alcohol ( yes mike drank alot and often)  even casey viator (colorodo experiment lol  such crap) said he would sneak out and go train at another gym during that time cuz jones methods didnt cut it ( and yes casey got all his mass with volume first then got hurt got infections lost alot of weight and then did the experiment) and even though jones didnt want him using steroids he did without jones knowledge. and later on casey got into his best shape on the pro circuit using volume. ( like he always did)  BUT heres what people dont understand about volume. you do sets building up to a max weight for a certain amount of reps ( failure) its not 10 sets of easy weights.   yes you have to push the muscle past where its been before in order to achieve growth. either by weight reps rest or sets. and all these will work up to a point. just like an olympic sprinter. heres where mike was wrong ( as he was about so many other things) he thought his way and only his way forever. never change routines types do minimal warmups( i agree to a point) its kinda funny when mike lost in 77 to kal he said how losing doesnt effect him mentally he cant dwell on it he just has to come in better etc. ( or something like that) and then arnold wipes him out in 80 and mike descends into a drug fueled crazy that eventually cost him his job his girl ( cathy) his everything and then eventually his life. what mike failed to realize also is you cant go around talking crap about others trying to say yours is the best. arnold NEVER said such things. when he was asked about mike he would say that mike has found a way to train that suits him best .   and he was also right when he said people like mike an franco needed more exercises more sets etc to bring out the muscles in different ways. as an example heavy benches will build pecs but flyes and inclines and dips and declines will add to it . ( no not saying do these in every workout)  look at mike no chest all he did was inclines and pec deck . he had a rugged powerlifting look but not a top bodybuilder. lacked in to many departments.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1426 on: March 16, 2020, 05:48:56 AM »
The Scott doesn't contribute anything of worth to hypertrophy theory yet thinks he is an expert of sorts.  Yeah, everyone on Getbig is an expert! ::)

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #1427 on: March 16, 2020, 05:49:16 AM »
oh and one more thing. i do not post on here about homos. i never have and never will.  i posted that about him being your lover due to the extreme way your defending him. on this site people are always making every post either a gay post or they get way off topic on stuff. im not here to argue or anything im here to post facts. real facts.  first and foremost NO ONE deserves a 300 score because no one is perfect. however carlos was in fact the first and only 1 of 2 whom have ever achieved that goal. and no he didnt deserve it but he did deserve it a whole lot more than mike did. im done commenting on this subject so go ahead and say what you will ive proven my point stated facts and only facts. your the type of person that will continue arguing that 2+2 =5 just so you wont have to admit your wrong. eventually if you say something over and over eventually someone will believe you ( THATS WHY MENTZER KEEP TALKING ABOUT 1980 OLYMPIA) hoping he could get people to believe him. smh. up until the day he died he still wouldnt let it go.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1428 on: March 16, 2020, 04:12:57 PM »
oh and one more thing. i do not post on here about homos. i never have and never will.  i posted that about him being your lover due to the extreme way your defending him. on this site people are always making every post either a gay post or they get way off topic on stuff. im not here to argue or anything im here to post facts. real facts.  first and foremost NO ONE deserves a 300 score because no one is perfect. however carlos was in fact the first and only 1 of 2 whom have ever achieved that goal. and no he didnt deserve it but he did deserve it a whole lot more than mike did. im done commenting on this subject so go ahead and say what you will ive proven my point stated facts and only facts. your the type of person that will continue arguing that 2+2 =5 just so you wont have to admit your wrong. eventually if you say something over and over eventually someone will believe you ( THATS WHY MENTZER KEEP TALKING ABOUT 1980 OLYMPIA) hoping he could get people to believe him. smh. up until the day he died he still wouldnt let it go.

Clearly Mike used that 300 score to suggest he had the perfect physique. Flawed thinking resulting from a flawed scoring system. Joe and Ben were desperate to get bodybuilding as an Olympic sport. So they tried to have a judging system more in line with other sports such as gymnastics and diving. Whoever came up with the details sure didn't do bodybuilding a favour. What resulted was a cumbersome process that didn't always select the best competitor.
Also, the system that evolved allowed 'adjustments' to be made after the judging. The posedown was scored. How on earth could that be scored with everyone doing different things? What it did allow was for corrections to be made
so that the right people won the contests....or rather, to make sure that the wrong people didn't win.
What we see today is that the head judge who selects the first call out for comparisons can tell the judges who is going to win by putting them in order. No wonder there are controversies.
The NABBA system that evolved in London was far superior and accepted by most bodybuilders with one or two exceptions. I remember when Sergio lost to Bill Pearl because his head was too small! On the other hand look at how many Mr Olympia contests were controversial. Way too many. 1980 and 1981 go down as two of the most controversial. 1981 definitely was way off what should have happened.
Getting back to the rounds scoring system. 3 rounds worth 20 points each. 5 judges times 60 points equals 300. So getting a 300 score meant that all the judges placed you first in each round. It didn't mean you were perfect.
Mike was a good writer so naturally used this score to promote himself as someone special.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1429 on: March 16, 2020, 05:03:14 PM »
Clearly Mike used that 300 score to suggest he had the perfect physique. Flawed thinking resulting from a flawed scoring system. Joe and Ben were desperate to get bodybuilding as an Olympic sport. So they tried to have a judging system more in line with other sports such as gymnastics and diving. Whoever came up with the details sure didn't do bodybuilding a favour. What resulted was a cumbersome process that didn't always select the best competitor.
Also, the system that evolved allowed 'adjustments' to be made after the judging. The posedown was scored. How on earth could that be scored with everyone doing different things? What it did allow was for corrections to be made
so that the right people won the contests....or rather, to make sure that the wrong people didn't win.
What we see today is that the head judge who selects the first call out for comparisons can tell the judges who is going to win by putting them in order. No wonder there are controversies.
The NABBA system that evolved in London was far superior and accepted by most bodybuilders with one or two exceptions. I remember when Sergio lost to Bill Pearl because his head was too small! On the other hand look at how many Mr Olympia contests were controversial. Way too many. 1980 and 1981 go down as two of the most controversial. 1981 definitely was way off what should have happened.
Getting back to the rounds scoring system. 3 rounds worth 20 points each. 5 judges times 60 points equals 300. So getting a 300 score meant that all the judges placed you first in each round. It didn't mean you were perfect.
Mike was a good writer so naturally used this score to promote himself as someone special.

Correct on the judging criteria/ system back then & Mike jumping on the fact he got all 1st - 300pts
Far from making him Perfect 🙄 Only in his delusional mind.

Wrong on 80 & 81 - 82 & Monkey features Saggy pecs - No Arms Queer Boy Dicksucker Winning
Was the biggest travesty in Olympia history.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1430 on: March 16, 2020, 06:22:36 PM »
The Scott doesn't contribute anything of worth to hypertrophy theory yet thinks he is an expert of sorts.  Yeah, everyone on Getbig is an expert! ::)

So now you feel I am an "expert"?  Really? 

Good lord but you are an insufferable twatling.  No one here is really an "expert".  It's not rocket science but perhaps for someone of your limited comprehension it appears to be.

It's said that on the interwebs you can be anything or anyone you want to be.  Sad that you have chosen to be a bitter retard.  No...Really.  You are  bitter, little, retardo.

You've never spawned, have you?  Lord I hope not for the last thing this already fucked up world turgid with libtards needs is for one of your tadpoles to continue the line. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1431 on: March 16, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »
So now you feel I am an "expert"?  Really?  

Good lord but you are an insufferable twatling.  No one here is really an "expert".  It's not rocket science but perhaps for someone of your limited comprehension it appears to be.

It's said that on the interwebs you can be anything or anyone you want to be.  Sad that you have chosen to be a bitter retard.  No...Really.  You are  bitter, little, retardo.

You've never spawned, have you?  Lord I hope not for the last thing this already fucked up world turgid with libtards needs is for one of your tadpoles to continue the line.  

Interesting but sad how a discussion about hypertrophy changes to one about intelligence and personality.

You are clearly not an expert because you wouldn't say silly things like "It's not rocket science..." The physiology of hypertrophy is as difficult as any other science.

What most trainees conclude is that building muscles is a simple process. Lift weights in a progressive fashion and voila, big muscles. Eat and supplement to fine tune.

If we look around in gyms we discover that only a very small percentage of bodybuilders get huge. So how do we explain this if it is not rocket science?

What I have been interested in over the last 60 years is to determine exactly what is necessary and sufficient to stimulate maximum muscular hypertrophy in humans.

When I read the common perception that bodybuilders merely have to do what works for them I am amused. The ignorance among weight trainers is wide spread and

very deep. I doubt any internet discussions are going to illuminate these souls.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1432 on: March 16, 2020, 07:18:16 PM »
"Until pigs fly you don't have to be a scientist to be a bodybuilder"-Jeff Everson. There have been very scientific bodybuilders and some who were dumb as rocks and both were successful. It really comes down to genetics, work ethic, some knowledge and drugs. No one really has the most efficient way to put on muscle. If we knew we all would be on the same exercise routine regarding splits, sets and reps. Amazing how some guys that profess to be training gurus look like they never trained in their life when they are off drugs. What we have is training theories and not facts. Empirical knowledge should never be dismissed. What we know is the overwhelming amount of bodybuilding champions have used volume. If getting stronger was the magic bullet we would all be training with sets of one rep. Building muscle is building muscular strength endurance for lack of a better term rather than building pure strength.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1433 on: March 16, 2020, 08:22:43 PM »
"Until pigs fly you don't have to be a scientist to be a bodybuilder"-Jeff Everson. There have been very scientific bodybuilders and some who were dumb as rocks and both were successful. It really comes down to genetics, work ethic, some knowledge and drugs. No one really has the most efficient way to put on muscle. If we knew we all would be on the same exercise routine regarding splits, sets and reps. Amazing how some guys that profess to be training gurus look like they never trained in their life when they are off drugs. What we have is training theories and not facts. Empirical knowledge should never be dismissed. What we know is the overwhelming amount of bodybuilding champions have used volume. If getting stronger was the magic bullet we would all be training with sets of one rep. Building muscle is building muscular strength endurance for lack of a better term rather than building pure strength.

The curious thing about bodybuilding is the vast amount of information passed on in gyms and via the internet. A lot of the information isn't correct.

So what I try to do is distil the full theory of hypertrophy that explains all muscular growth...and non growth.

Since drugs are so prevalent among the pros and on Getbig I doubt training methods will improve much.

However, if we exclude drugs then it makes a big difference what theory you follow. At best most bodybuilders possess part of the truth.

Another problem is that bodybuilders may possess the right theory but their execution doesn't deliver the results.

In any system where there is movement complexity will result. The technology of hypertrophy is quite a difficult process to implement effectively and efficiently.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1434 on: March 16, 2020, 08:27:41 PM »
Interesting but sad how a discussion about hypertrophy changes to one about intelligence and personality.

You are clearly not an expert because you wouldn't say silly things like "It's not rocket science..." The physiology of hypertrophy is as difficult as any other science.

What most trainees conclude is that building muscles is a simple process. Lift weights in a progressive fashion and voila, big muscles. Eat and supplement to fine tune.

If we look around in gyms we discover that only a very small percentage of bodybuilders get huge. So how do we explain this if it is not rocket science?

What I have been interested in over the last 60 years is to determine exactly what is necessary and sufficient to stimulate maximum muscular hypertrophy in humans.

When I read the common perception that bodybuilders merely have to do what works for them I am amused. The ignorance among weight trainers is wide spread and

very deep. I doubt any internet discussions are going to illuminate these souls.

And some here think Mentzer lost his mind. 

Well...he did.

You are doing nothing less than trying to make reality fit your emotions.  Sound familiar? It should. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1435 on: March 16, 2020, 08:31:14 PM »
The curious thing about bodybuilding is the vast amount of information passed on in gyms and via the internet. A lot of the information isn't correct.

So what I try to do is distil the full theory of hypertrophy that explains all muscular growth...and non growth.

Since drugs are so prevalent among the pros and on Getbig I doubt training methods will improve much.

However, if we exclude drugs then it makes a big difference what theory you follow. At best most bodybuilders possess part of the truth.

Another problem is that bodybuilders may possess the right theory but their execution doesn't deliver the results.

In any system where there is movement complexity will result. The technology of hypertrophy is quite a difficult process to implement effectively and efficiently.

The truth sets some free.  Others it just causes to imprison themselves and then say someone else is responsible.  The door isn't locked, Vince. 

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1436 on: March 16, 2020, 08:36:04 PM »

Basille if you are truly on a quest for knowledge pm me and we can discuss. Work to be done, little time to do it...

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1437 on: March 16, 2020, 08:45:27 PM »

There's no issue finding top pro bbers that are as dumb as rocks lol....

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1438 on: March 16, 2020, 08:56:42 PM »
pellius you dont find out that carlos got the first 300 because you dont want to believe it so you dont look.  it was 1978 mr international held in columbus along with the olympia. he won the lightweight with a perfct 300. this was before the universe when mentzer was gifted his win. and my saying things about people being lazy does not apply to everyone who wanted to train heavy duty. some actually busted their ass. it was for those that only heard they trained for 20 minutes 3 times a week so now they think thats all they need to do. go to the gym pump light weights talk rest get out in 20 minutes. and then say crap im training like mentzer why dont i grow.  and heres something else you and other report about dorian and mike but you leave out the real truth . DRUGS lots and lots of DRUGS.  steroids gh insulin ( yes mike used it) rec drugs( yes mike used lots) alcohol ( yes mike drank alot and often)  even casey viator (colorodo experiment lol  such crap) said he would sneak out and go train at another gym during that time cuz jones methods didnt cut it ( and yes casey got all his mass with volume first then got hurt got infections lost alot of weight and then did the experiment) and even though jones didnt want him using steroids he did without jones knowledge. and later on casey got into his best shape on the pro circuit using volume. ( like he always did)  BUT heres what people dont understand about volume. you do sets building up to a max weight for a certain amount of reps ( failure) its not 10 sets of easy weights.   yes you have to push the muscle past where its been before in order to achieve growth. either by weight reps rest or sets. and all these will work up to a point. just like an olympic sprinter. heres where mike was wrong ( as he was about so many other things) he thought his way and only his way forever. never change routines types do minimal warmups( i agree to a point) its kinda funny when mike lost in 77 to kal he said how losing doesnt effect him mentally he cant dwell on it he just has to come in better etc. ( or something like that) and then arnold wipes him out in 80 and mike descends into a drug fueled crazy that eventually cost him his job his girl ( cathy) his everything and then eventually his life. what mike failed to realize also is you cant go around talking crap about others trying to say yours is the best. arnold NEVER said such things. when he was asked about mike he would say that mike has found a way to train that suits him best .   and he was also right when he said people like mike an franco needed more exercises more sets etc to bring out the muscles in different ways. as an example heavy benches will build pecs but flyes and inclines and dips and declines will add to it . ( no not saying do these in every workout)  look at mike no chest all he did was inclines and pec deck . he had a rugged powerlifting look but not a top bodybuilder. lacked in to many departments.

Jeeze man, what is wrong with you? You really think I give a royal husky fuck that Carlos was the first to get a perfect score? You accuse me of wanting to argue but again you make unsubstantiated claims and insult me. Of course, I looked for any record of Carlo getting a perfect score and found none. Even his bio, which outlines his whole contest history and placings makes no mention of his perfect score. The first ever. You would think that would be mentioned somewhere other than one article in a magazine. If you can find a record other than one article written in a muscle mag then that will be evidence. There are countless mentions of Mentzer getting the first perfect score.

I try, I'm really, really trying to be more patient with the loud mouth retards on this board that would never talk like that if they weren't hiding behind a computer, but man, you sound like a real dick. Bringing in your phaggot imagery, telling me what you think I want to believe, and assuming things that are just patently wrong.

And the way you describe how most people train HIT is just ridiculous. The notion that HIT is pumping lightweights, talk, rest and then out in 20 minutes is just something you are just pulling out of your fat ass. The main thing that defines HIT is intensity. The one's that sit around talking, texting, watching
TV is the vast majority you see in the gyms every damn day. They're there day after day doing a half ass set for about 15 seconds and then sit there hogging the equipment for about two to three minutes before they sleepwalk through another set. Sure, they're in the gym for two hours and more but 85% of that time is doing nothing. Sitting just taking up space and getting in the way.

And what kind of made up nonsense is this that Mentzer was always saying he was the best and "arnold NEVER said such things"? (An exact quote complete with your barely literate and uneducated writing skills). Arnold never said he was the best? Really? And Mike was not a top bber? A Mr. Universe winner, winning his class at the Olympia in his first try, and being in the top five the next year with the best in the world? You've really reached a whole new level of abject stupidity. God, it's almost painful reading your second grade level of spelling, punctuation, and grammar and your torrential flow of idiocy. I've really got to stop wasting my time with uneducated morons like you that can't construct a simple sentence and a coherent thought. Have you ever read a book? Do you have an attention span that can last more than ten minutes?

And yes, they all used drugs. What's your point? Dorian used drugs just like Jay Cutler did but Dorian trained less, harder, and developed a whole new level of mass and conditioning.

I tell you what, put your money where your big mouth is at. I assume you are a volume trainer (and if you're not then you're just talking out of your ass). I train twice a week using the basic principles of Jones and Mentzer. We are both the same age. Way past our physical prime. But post a pic, no fancy poses, just a standing relax pic, and I'll do the same and let's see what all that time you've spent in the gym has done for you. Training six days a week, set after set, 2 hours a pop. A routine that means that your life has to revolved around bbing. Show me what all that time and effort has gotten you. And BTW, a recent pic. One taken either today or after with proof.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1439 on: March 16, 2020, 08:59:45 PM »

Vince, you're a bbing historian. Is there any record of Carlos Rodriguez being the first to get a perfect score.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1440 on: March 16, 2020, 09:08:42 PM »
You did well training your calves. Everyone on Ironage appreciated what you wrote about how you did it as 'Mark Twain'.

Most bodybuilders do too many exercises. Well, they fear muscles will shrink if they don't train them at least once a week.

I happen to be one of those lazy guys mentioned above. I was always looking for the bare minimum but maximum benefit way to train.

We both found some success by going way beyond what most people do. Yet, we must have been doing something similar otherwise

significant growth wouldn't have occurred.

I suggest you have a go at seeing if you can put an inch on your upper arms. My triceps respond the best. Well, I tore my right

biceps doing those stupid heavy dead lifts. My triceps today are bigger than ever which is a surprise as I am 77 and 1/2.

I do just two exercises for arms. I train once a week because I literally am not up to training that hard twice a week. So select an

effective exercise and have a go. I like to superset bis and tris. I get a good pump this way.

There is only one major difference in our training philosophy as we both believe in trying to achieve DOMS is that you believe that you should continue to train the muscle while it is still sore whereas I believe it should be fully recovered. With calves they would be sore for about two days. By the third day a little bit stiff but OK. The fourth day it would be back to normal. Then I would train it again on the fifth day.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1441 on: March 16, 2020, 09:26:23 PM »

"Extreme way of defending him"? Please post an example. And you claim you don't post about homos when in fact you just did. You're a fucking moron who needs a quick slap in the face. You obviously are a fan of Arnold. Many are. Many sing his well-deserved praises. I'm one of them. But never, ever, did it even remotely cross my mind that there was anything sexual about his admirers. But I am obviously of a different mindset and don't have phaggotry at the forefront of my mind as you do no matter what you claim as you just contradict yourself.

And buy a dictionary FFS, you sound like such a dunce.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #1442 on: March 17, 2020, 05:53:48 AM »
wow seems i really got someones panties in a bunch. just like how arnold "owned" mike when he said " we all know you lost the olympia to frank because you have a fat gut"  lmao.  mike lost it!! arnold remained calm and cool and let mike freak out and show people how mentally unstable he already was . smh.  its funny how when people are angry they react by being internet tuff guys. and no i do not train extreme volume but i do more than 1 set every 6months lol.  and why would i post pics of myself?  i have nothing to prove and i dont need a bunch of guys drooling over them  anyways.  once again you missed the point. i didnt say EVERYONE trained like i posted . some actually did and busted their asses.  it was the ones who were looking for an easy way ( 20 min 3x a week) you know the same type that buys every new workout system every new diet every new fad that comes out. always looking for an easy way. to do heavy duty the right way is all out pain . its not easy. very very few can and will do it for any length of time.  however does it work? just like any program it will. up to a point. everything works. up to a point.  one of the main reasons why you have off season training and pre contest training. ( well we did in the old days) different training routines to achieve different goals. if thats a pic of yourself than a big "well done" to you. your 10 pounds heavier than a concentration camp victim.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #1443 on: March 17, 2020, 08:17:25 AM »
also i said mike was always saying"his type of training "was best. he was always putting arnolds type down every chance he could. and arnold never once said "his was the best" and when people would ask him about mikes way of training arnold never bad mouthed him. he would just say that "mike found a way that works for him".  so i never said mike said he was best or arnold saying he was best. it was about training systems. and yes arnold did in fact say people like mike and franco who were built from always using heavier weights would look better if they would do more sets more exercises with a bit lighter weights. (not switch forever but for awhile) that their muscles would "pop" more.  as an example. look at some powerlifters. very big muscular and blocky. they usually train basic and heavy day in and day out ( i said usually before you start crying about that too) they have the foundation now if they would train differently for a bit they could have a better look( but powerlifters dont care about the look they just want to be strong) bodybuilders who always use heavy weights and basic exercises etc can look great but when they pose their muscles dont change much( pop)  so when posing mentzers puny 18 5/8th arm ( at his biggest) would look like a twig ( and it did) next to arnolds 21 plus inch arm . and i dont care how my writing looks this isnt school and i dont get graded on this. if your that picky than that just shows how insecure and borderline mental retarded you are( and i dont mean to offend those that are by putting you in the same category as this ass clown) you train your way i will train mine 45 minutes to an hour a day 4 days a week each bodypart twice a week with the last set of each exercise to failure and sometimes beyond. that way i dont burn out my cns and go bat shit crazy like mike and pellius. smh.  like haney says "stimulate dont annihilate"

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1444 on: March 17, 2020, 09:49:18 AM »
There is only one major difference in our training philosophy as we both believe in trying to achieve DOMS is that you believe that you should continue to train the muscle while it is still sore whereas I believe it should be fully recovered. With calves they would be sore for about two days. By the third day a little bit stiff but OK. The fourth day it would be back to normal. Then I would train it again on the fifth day.

Doms does not tell you if a muscle has recovered or not. It indicates lactic acid burn and nothing else. I dont always get sore after i train but i see consistent results.

Fwiw abs forearms calves need 24 hours biceps triceps deltoids need 48 chest lats quads hams traps need 72 and not more.

The smaller muscles in the midback and upper midback presumably need 48 but since you cannot really isolate them 72 is a safe bet.

Trust me, young grasshopper, you can safely work a sore muscle provided its gotten the required number hours of rest assuming you eat and sleep enough.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #1445 on: March 17, 2020, 12:44:55 PM »
very well said methyl mike.   when i was younger i thought you had to get sore to get results. and should wait until soreness was gone before training again etc. then one day i was holding my baby nephew. i was stiff and holding tight as i was scared to drop him etc. then for 3 days after wards i was so sore in my bicep. i mean more sore than any weight training ever did.  now did i do muscle damage? did i explode with growth?   no freaking way. being sore was a way that my body told me i did something i wasnt used to had nothing to do with building muscles. in fact i have found that if i do train when i am sore the soreness goes away much quicker. ( removal of waste products and helping to heal etc)   so you are right about doms. 

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1446 on: March 17, 2020, 02:13:27 PM »
40 th Anniversary
WooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1447 on: March 17, 2020, 11:06:54 PM »
wow seems i really got someones panties in a bunch. just like how arnold "owned" mike when he said " we all know you lost the olympia to frank because you have a fat gut"  lmao.  mike lost it!! arnold remained calm and cool and let mike freak out and show people how mentally unstable he already was . smh.  its funny how when people are angry they react by being internet tuff guys. and no i do not train extreme volume but i do more than 1 set every 6months lol.  and why would i post pics of myself?  i have nothing to prove and i dont need a bunch of guys drooling over them  anyways.  once again you missed the point. i didnt say EVERYONE trained like i posted . some actually did and busted their asses.  it was the ones who were looking for an easy way ( 20 min 3x a week) you know the same type that buys every new workout system every new diet every new fad that comes out. always looking for an easy way. to do heavy duty the right way is all out pain . its not easy. very very few can and will do it for any length of time.  however does it work? just like any program it will. up to a point. everything works. up to a point.  one of the main reasons why you have off season training and pre contest training. ( well we did in the old days) different training routines to achieve different goals. if thats a pic of yourself than a big "well done" to you. your 10 pounds heavier than a concentration camp victim.

Just as I expected. It's always the same decades old excuse from the anonymous loud mouth with a preoccupation with phaggotry, "I don't have anything to prove." And the even more laughable, "I don't want a bunch of guys drooling over me." Sure, you lecture and preach to others about training protocols but have nothing to back it up. And your phaggot inspired fantasy that anyone would possible "drool" over your old, blading, wrinkled, flaccid image is beyond laughable. LOL you silly old queer. You have zero evidence that anyone switched to HIT because they were looking for an easy way when the hallmark of HIT is pushing yourself to the limit and beyond. Casey, whether he was on drugs or not, trained 3 days a week for just over twenty minutes a session. You would have died of a heart attack five minutes in.

And it is again so tiresome and typical that the biggest critics of other's physique's are the faceless cowards like you hiding behind a keyboard that would never show themselves because they know they would be laughed off this board. This is a bbing board and anyone with a halfway decent physique, even at an advance age like Wes and Coach, shows and proves what their hard work has accomplished. You have nothing to show which is not surprising since you seem not to know much about resistance training.

You started with the personal insults so quit your whining you little bitch.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1448 on: March 17, 2020, 11:25:11 PM »
also i said mike was always saying"his type of training "was best. he was always putting arnolds type down every chance he could. and arnold never once said "his was the best" and when people would ask him about mikes way of training arnold never bad mouthed him. he would just say that "mike found a way that works for him".  so i never said mike said he was best or arnold saying he was best. it was about training systems. and yes arnold did in fact say people like mike and franco who were built from always using heavier weights would look better if they would do more sets more exercises with a bit lighter weights. (not switch forever but for awhile) that their muscles would "pop" more.  as an example. look at some powerlifters. very big muscular and blocky. they usually train basic and heavy day in and day out ( i said usually before you start crying about that too) they have the foundation now if they would train differently for a bit they could have a better look( but powerlifters dont care about the look they just want to be strong) bodybuilders who always use heavy weights and basic exercises etc can look great but when they pose their muscles dont change much( pop)  so when posing mentzers puny 18 5/8th arm ( at his biggest) would look like a twig ( and it did) next to arnolds 21 plus inch arm . and i dont care how my writing looks this isnt school and i dont get graded on this. if your that picky than that just shows how insecure and borderline mental retarded you are( and i dont mean to offend those that are by putting you in the same category as this ass clown) you train your way i will train mine 45 minutes to an hour a day 4 days a week each bodypart twice a week with the last set of each exercise to failure and sometimes beyond. that way i dont burn out my cns and go bat shit crazy like mike and pellius. smh.  like haney says "stimulate dont annihilate"

You really are not a very intelligent and thinking person. Of course, Mentzer thought his training protocols were the best. Just like Arnold, Cutler, Coleman, and every other serious competitive bber does. If they didn't think it was optimal they would do something else.  How can you be such a clueless moron? And Mike didn't criticize "Arnold's" training per se but volume training in general. Arnold, being the number one bber in the world was the prime example. If so many people trained like Arnold how come so few come even close to Arnold? Other than hard core gyms like Gold's Venice and Bev's Powerhouse, just take a look at everybody in the average commercial gym slaving away day after day doing set after set. The vast majority of them don't even look like they have ever lifted a weight in their life. Take a look at yourself and make an honest assessment. Do you think that if a person saw you at the beach or pool they would comment on how good and in shape you look? I'm far from stage ready fodder and you might think I look like a concentration camp survivor but I get complimented all the time. A solid six-pack does it every time. Something you haven't had in decades if ever.

And it's utter nonsense that training heavy doesn't give your muscles the "pop" that doing more sets and training lighter does. I know Arnold said that about Franco (though never said that about Mentzer. I don't even think he even bothered to comment on Mike and give him any notoriety. Just more made up bull shit from you.) but he was wrong. Just like he was wrong that concentration curls will give you a bicep peak and wide grip lat pulldowns will give you width anymore than a narrow grip. How your muscles develop and look is purely genetic and has nothing to do with how you train. Now tell me how Coleman's muscles didn't "pop" because he always trained so heavy? You seem to know very little about bbing and resistance training. Proven by what you write and how you look.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1449 on: March 17, 2020, 11:37:52 PM »
also i said mike was always saying"his type of training "was best. he was always putting arnolds type down every chance he could. and arnold never once said "his was the best" and when people would ask him about mikes way of training arnold never bad mouthed him. he would just say that "mike found a way that works for him".  so i never said mike said he was best or arnold saying he was best. it was about training systems. and yes arnold did in fact say people like mike and franco who were built from always using heavier weights would look better if they would do more sets more exercises with a bit lighter weights. (not switch forever but for awhile) that their muscles would "pop" more.  as an example. look at some powerlifters. very big muscular and blocky. they usually train basic and heavy day in and day out ( i said usually before you start crying about that too) they have the foundation now if they would train differently for a bit they could have a better look( but powerlifters dont care about the look they just want to be strong) bodybuilders who always use heavy weights and basic exercises etc can look great but when they pose their muscles dont change much( pop)  so when posing mentzers puny 18 5/8th arm ( at his biggest) would look like a twig ( and it did) next to arnolds 21 plus inch arm . and i dont care how my writing looks this isnt school and i dont get graded on this. if your that picky than that just shows how insecure and borderline mental retarded you are( and i dont mean to offend those that are by putting you in the same category as this ass clown) you train your way i will train mine 45 minutes to an hour a day 4 days a week each bodypart twice a week with the last set of each exercise to failure and sometimes beyond. that way i dont burn out my cns and go bat shit crazy like mike and pellius. smh.  like haney says "stimulate dont annihilate"

BTW, another typical worn-out cliche about one's insecurities. Trying to tie that in with your lack of literacy and education. Yes, it isn't school, something you should have put more effort in. And you're not being graded? You don't think how a person speaks and writes is a reflection on that person? Of course, you don't. That's why you write and sound like an ignoramus. Is that how you raised your children? To be part of the ever-growing masses that can't string a coherent sentence together or add a few numbers without a calculator.

And what a clown and a phony you are. Here you are preaching volume training and accusing others of being lazy when you yourself are too lazy to practice what you preach. Ask yourself, "Why are you overweight?" There's only one reason, you are on a caloric surplus. You eat more calories than you burn so you have a fat sagging stomach even without insulin. In other words, you are self-indulgent and lazy. It would be more accurate to choose the name "fatbychoice". (Note I didn't spell it "fatbychoices". "Choices" LOL! Just another example of what an uneducated, illiterate buffoon you are).

But by all means, keep lecturing me on the secrets of attaining such an awesome physique.

"Burning out your CNS." Oh brother, you don't even know what that means nor have you ever come close to it.