Author Topic: Biden to Palin in 2008: "People can't afford to fill their tanks. ($3.17 / Gln)  (Read 278 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Biden Complains People 'Can Barely Pay To Fill Their Gas Tank' - Back In '08 Debate
By Craig Bannister

October 9, 2012

http://cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/biden-complains-people-can-barely-pay-fill-their-gas-tank-back-08-debate

During the 2008 vice presidential debate, Joe Biden complained about how gas prices were so high at the time that the average “Joe” couldn’t afford to fill up his tank.

During the Oct. 2, 2008 vice presidential debate with Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, Biden was asked by moderator Gwen Ifill to comment about deregulation.

In his answer, then-Senator Biden took the opportunity to relate a conversation he had at a gas station with “a guy named Joey” who said he couldn’t afford to fill up his tank:

“So deregulation was the promise. And guess what? Those people who say don't go into debt, they can barely pay to fill up their gas tank.

“I was recently at my local gas station and asked a guy named Joey Danco. I said, ‘Joey, how much did it cost to fill your tank?’ You know what his answer was? He said, ‘I don't know, Joe. I never have enough money to do it.’”

At the time (Oct. 2008), the average cost of a gallon of regular was $3.17 – and only $1.93/gallon when Obama took office in January of 2009 – according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Today, AAA estimates that a gallon of regular costs about $3.82 (Oct. 9), while the latest BLS report says it cost $3.71/gallon in August.

And, this week, the Associated Press reported that gas prices in California have hit an all-time high of $4.67 for a gallon of regular, and The Los Angeles Times reported that that Gov. Jerry Brown has taken “emergency steps” to address the problem.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
33, can you see the narrative now?  lol, i can...

Romney got his week to shine, the dems got a week to worry when they were feeling complacent.

Early Thurs morning, Morning Joe starts off the show with "brand new" NBC polling data showing Obama starting to recover from the bounce.

Thursday, biden does okay, and since the expectations are so high for Ryan, who steps in a puddle or two due to youth, the friday morning news is "biden's surprising performance". 

Combine these 2, maybe a third item about some positive economy news story, and VOILA, a weekend trifeca of obama fundraising and sunday morning news shows are all "did obama survive the romney attack" and "THE OBAMA COMEBACK"

it's all theater.  I could see it playing out like this. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
You mean you ARE ON YOUR KNEES AT YOUR BEDSIDE PRAYING FOR THIS TO TURN OUT LIKE THAT RIGHT? 

33, can you see the narrative now?  lol, i can...

Romney got his week to shine, the dems got a week to worry when they were feeling complacent.

Early Thurs morning, Morning Joe starts off the show with "brand new" NBC polling data showing Obama starting to recover from the bounce.

Thursday, biden does okay, and since the expectations are so high for Ryan, who steps in a puddle or two due to youth, the friday morning news is "biden's surprising performance". 

Combine these 2, maybe a third item about some positive economy news story, and VOILA, a weekend trifeca of obama fundraising and sunday morning news shows are all "did obama survive the romney attack" and "THE OBAMA COMEBACK"

it's all theater.  I could see it playing out like this. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
You mean you ARE ON YOUR KNEES AT YOUR BEDSIDE PRAYING FOR THIS TO TURN OUT LIKE THAT RIGHT? 

nope.  but i did predict obama would let the debate mess last for a day, then cheat til he found a way to knock it off the news on friday morning.

7.8% UE... boom... suddenly the debate is "obama got it below when it took office" VS. "BLS CTers melting".

Of course he cheated, we'll never know how... but i bet if biden gets pwned, we get some other big item on friday afternoon to knock it off the sunday morning news shows... we'll bomb somebody or there will be a big campaign shakeup- something to knock biden off the news.

Or, if biden wins, the news will be quiet lol.

it's just event manipulation, part of the power of the incumbency.