Author Topic: how should your training change while on the sause?  (Read 2797 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
how should your training change while on the sause?
« on: April 16, 2012, 06:45:09 AM »
i know that you're able to train harder and more frequently, but one thing that i've done is up my target rep range (basically out of fear of injury,yeah i'm a goddamn pu$$y) and i stick within the 10-15 rep range on all my upper body exercises, and on legs i stay around 12-25 reps

i used to train within the 6-10 rep range or even the 5-8 range on all my upper body exercises, but now i'm keeping it at 10-15 reps

and a second question: i'm doing pretty well on increasing my compound moves ie. benches, rows, hack squats, but my isos aren't doing jack shit >:( >:( >:( with the exception of overhead dumbell tricep extensions, so i'm thinking just to drops these goddamn iso moves altogether ie. curls. lateral raises, calf raises

so i'm just curious about your fellas thoughts and opinions here

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: how should your training change while on the sause?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:27:00 AM »
Do more isos on roids.

You can go heavy, if you feel like it, but personally I would say 12-15 reps work pretty good. I do 6-8 reps for  a week or two every few weeks, just to mix things up.

Isos are good on roids.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:46:05 AM »
i know that you're able to train harder and more frequently, but one thing that i've done is up my target rep range (basically out of fear of injury,yeah i'm a goddamn pu$$y) and i stick within the 10-15 rep range on all my upper body exercises, and on legs i stay around 12-25 reps

i used to train within the 6-10 rep range or even the 5-8 range on all my upper body exercises, but now i'm keeping it at 10-15 reps

and a second question: i'm doing pretty well on increasing my compound moves ie. benches, rows, hack squats, but my isos aren't doing jack shit >:( >:( >:( with the exception of overhead dumbell tricep extensions, so i'm thinking just to drops these goddamn iso moves altogether ie. curls. lateral raises, calf raises

1) you strength will increase, but that doesnt mean you have to train your ego. you can still stick to 10-15 rep range, but using heavier weights

2) your recovery will be quicker ( depeneding on how much stuff your taking), so instead of 3X a week, now you can lift 5X a week ( for sake of arguement)

Those are the 2 fundamental changes that will affect your training IMO when you juice...

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »
I do the same amount of compound lifts whether on or off AAS.
I do a lot more sets of isolation exercises and take shorter or no rest periods
between accessory lifts when on AAS.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 10:01:03 AM »

I'm confused, do you even juice? I didnt think so but always see you in the steroids section

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
I'm confused, do you even juice? I didnt think so but always see you in the steroids section

i'm new to the juice game, as i popped my very 1st superdrol tab a little over 4 weeks ago ;D

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 10:21:06 AM »
i see no reason to train if your not on.you cant grow or get any stronger so whats the point

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 10:59:05 AM »
Simply put - you can get away with a lot more on hormones given adequate diet and rest  i.e. ^volume wise, more frequent training etc.

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 11:03:47 AM »
i see no reason to train if your not on.you cant grow or get any stronger so whats the point

I strongly disagree. This statement IMHO is total crock. However, for the lost generation, seems to apply just about right. Those who have never touched a weight or been in the gym without being hormonized to the gills are not far off from holding this premise in mind.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 03:06:47 PM »
oh yes, i never believed in overtraining(haha the guys on 2gramms who dont even train legs and think theyre overtrained).
when im on,i try to go to the gym every day(1muscle group per day), and it works.

ok sometimes im ridiculously weak compared to the previous training of the same bodypart, but the pump is all the same.

and i believe the most hefty possible pump is what training is about,i.e. leads to results.

rest is important, but anybody who gets 8hrs of sleep a day has enough rest.

when i try to gain some mass, i go less frequently, though.

Same here.

chess315

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 03:33:21 PM »
well you will lose motor skills for lifts also this is pretty important imo

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
i'm new to the juice game, as i popped my very 1st superdrol tab a little over 4 weeks ago ;D
Nice! Got to inject for serious shit to start happening though brother

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 06:16:19 PM »
I understand and somewhat agree. In my own experience even being on 600 mg's of tren you can still overtrain. Even on GH.

Training now for me is literally 20 minutes per training! not a second more! Best results ever, feel better then all the years before AND looking better with LESS juice!
Ya I can train chest and shoulders 20-25min each, back 30-40 min. I do HIT style training, one main working set per exercise. It took me many years of training to generate the intensity to make that one set be all out but it works awesome and my workouts are very fast

Ripped190

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 07:52:31 PM »
yes im having similiar results.

i am in and out of the gym within 30minutes.

and i find splitting training into single bodyparts and going 5-6 times a week makes me recover much faster than doing multiple bodyparts in the same training at a lesser frequency.

How many sets do u do per body part? I do about 16 but rest only 1 min on most sets and i'm dead in 40 min usually.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 07:51:39 AM »
It really doesn't.

I use heavier weights and i might add a few sets, but my intensity goes up a lot.

Don't use AAS as an excuse to do marathon workouts, there is no reason to train a muscle group more than 45mins-1hour IMO.

Sets and reps depend on the individual. I have always gotten good results in the 4-6 rep range, but other people prefer something else. I never do more than 16 sets for any bodypart and for small groups like delts and arms i do maybe 6 sets. Just my opinion after 15+ years of training and competing.

Don't make it complicated. Train hard, eat well and get plenty of rest. You grow at home, not at the gym.

Good luck!

8)

Tigerblood

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 04:16:50 PM »

You definitely want to add more intensity to your workouts. I'm always looking for 30-60 second rest in between sets. As far as rep range is concerned I mainly stay within 6-12 reps with my last set usually going real heavy sometimes or till failure it just depends.

Ripped190

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »
i do some 15-25 sets with very little rest between sets.
depends on weight used.i simply do as many sets until i cant lift nothing anymore and the pump feels it drains the untrained bodyparts,haha ;D

bigbuehls reply above is very good, i do something very similiar, i see maybe 2,3 sets as really heavy, all the rest is "pretty heavy warmup".after the heavy sets, i reduce the weight gradualy until nothing goes anymore.

i think long rests between sets is for powerlifters and fat ppl who confuse themselves to be bodybuilders ;D

yes, i could use more weight if id do more resting between sets, i used to do that but it only lead to poor form, less development and trashed joints.
i had many lessons to learn when i was young :D

Yea thats basically what I do plus long rest breaks can make u lose yur pump and if u don't have a training partner you are just kind of lookin at people hah