Author Topic: Garland calls in FBI to counter reported threats against school staffers  (Read 4734 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Garland calls in FBI to counter reported threats against school staffers
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2021, 07:42:02 AM »
Your side always has the option to stop threatening parents and teacher

BTW - Try learning what "straw man argument" actually means next time you try to bring it up

You burn cities and kill cops you fucking moron....

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2021, 05:45:28 AM »

Watch her squirm.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2021, 06:41:43 PM »

Watch her squirm.

An obvious dishonest political hack.  She had a very difficult time providing answers to some pretty simple questions. 

And again:  Thank God Garland is not on the Supreme Court.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2021, 06:50:28 PM »
Alan Dershowitz to Newsmax: AG Garland 'Over the Line,' Chilling Speech
By Eric Mack    |   Saturday, 09 October 2021

Civil liberties legal expert Alan Dershowitz vowed on Newsmax to defend nonviolent protests at school board meetings after Biden administration Attorney General Merrick Garland mobilized the FBI and U.S. attorneys to "investigate and prosecute" school board protests.

"I'll defend anybody who is chilled in their free speech," Dershowitz told "Saturday Report," denouncing the politicization of the ACLU. "Anybody who wants to protest at school boards and is going to do it nonviolently, can count on me.

"It used to be we were able to count on the American Civil Liberties Union, but they're dead in the water when it comes to issues like this. They ought to be protesting this as well."

While there have been some threats of violence at local school board meetings, Garland should "pull back" on his memo this week threatening to investigate and prosecute school board meeting protests by parents.

"There have been some threats of violence, but not enough to, in my view, justify the extreme measure of sending letters out and calling for FBI investigations," Dershowitz told host Carl Higbie. "So, I think the attorney general – who I generally like and admire – ought to pull back and ought to leave it to local authorities, unless they can make a very strong case of violent denial of civil liberties."

Dershowitz, who has self-described himself as avowed "liberal Democrat" in past Newsmax appearances, came out strongly against race-based teaching in schools, calling it "propaganda" and protests of it should not be considered "domestic terrorism" as some groups have attempted to argue.

"We all think the attorney general should have the right to prevent violence if it's in violation of civil rights; on the other hand, protests about Black Lives Matters, if I had a kid in school, I'd be among the protesters. Black Lives Matter, critical legal studies shouldn't be taught in school," Dershowitz said.

"Critical race theory is anything but critical. It's uncritical of anything that has to do with racial theory and it's propaganda. And I would be among the protesters and I would be vociferous in expressing my views on propagandizing my children, and I'm certainly not a terrorist."

Dershowitz added Garland "in perception, at least, he's gone over the line" in mobilizing the federal Justice Department to investigate local crimes and protests.

Dershowitz made a final note, as he often does, his legal opinions are not necessarily a reflection of his personal or political views.

"My job as a First Amendment civil libertarian is to defend the views of people I despise –defend the views that I disagree with," Dershowitz concluded. "So, I will defend the views of people who say some of the most absurd things because once you can censor absurd things, you can then move on to censor more rational things."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/attorney-general-merrick-garland-school-boards-fbi/2021/10/09/id/1039807/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2021, 05:27:08 AM »
Now watch these toothless, spineless mofos ultimately do nothing about it.

EXCLUSIVE: House Judiciary Republicans Demand Biden’s AG Explain Memo Involving FBI In Local Schools, Call For Ethics Investigation
HENRY RODGERS
SENIOR CONGRESSIONAL CORRESPONDENT
October 13, 2021
https://dailycaller.com/2021/10/13/house-judiciary-letter-attorney-general-merrick-garland-memo-fbi-schools-ethics/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2021, 05:43:16 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2021, 11:42:48 AM »
US Commission on Civil Rights members blast AG Garland for memo on parents protesting school boards
By Kyle Morris | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-commission-members-on-civil-rights-pen-letter-blasting-garlands-memo-on-parents-protesting-school-boards

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2021, 11:45:22 AM »
Pennsylvania Votes to Withdraw from National School Boards Association
By Human Events Staff  |  October 15, 2021
https://humanevents.com/2021/10/15/pennsylvania-votes-to-withdraw-from-national-school-boards-association/

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2021, 05:31:50 PM »
You burn cities and kill cops you fucking moron....

Any violent acts , threats and vandalism by ANY group in the name of "peaceful protest" is wrong. Period.

It always puzzles me how most people only get upset when the "other side" does it.

For example:

1. A  peaceful BLM march with issues signs and protest rally is allowed. Burning buildings , looting and breaking store windows is criminal.

2. The pro Trump rally on Jan 5 and 6 is spirited politics and allowed. Smashing windows, assaulting cops and breaking into the capitol
is criminal.

This is pretty simple IF one is fair minded.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2021, 06:10:21 PM »
Any violent acts , threats and vandalism by ANY group in the name of "peaceful protest" is wrong. Period.

It always puzzles me how most people only get upset when the "other side" does it.

For example:

2. The pro Trump rally on Jan 5 and 6 is spirited politics and allowed. Smashing windows, assaulting cops and breaking into the capitol
is criminal.

This is pretty simple IF one is fair minded.

That narrative is falling apart faster than than "Russian Collusion" as predicted

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2021, 08:22:46 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2021, 09:10:18 PM »

Or attacked a federal courthouse in Portland and law enforcement officers for about two months straight. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2021, 01:16:13 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2021, 03:25:05 PM »
BREAKING: Facts Sufficient To Find Loudoun County Teen Engaged In Nonconsensual Sex
By  Emily Zanotti
Oct 25, 2021   DailyWire.com
https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-teen-in-loudoun-county-sex-assault-case-found-guilty-of-engaging-in-nonconsensual-sex

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2021, 08:24:30 PM »
Garland will know about this now.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2021, 12:05:19 AM »

The usual BS "apology" (complete with a "review of our processes and procedures"). They had no issue invoking even the vile "PATRIOT" Act to weaponize the federal government against parents but once the letter was revealed and got media coverage they suddenly changed their minds?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2021, 08:42:29 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2021, 05:51:37 PM »
 :o

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2021, 05:57:26 PM »
This was as bad of a beat down as I’ve ever seen

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2021, 06:16:56 PM »
This was as bad of a beat down as I’ve ever seen

Brutal.  We really dodged a bullet by keeping the "moderate" Garland off the Supreme Court.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2021, 06:34:49 PM »
School boards have gotten out of control.

School board bans parents from discussing non-approved topics and criticizing board members

Another rule forces commenters to publicly state where they live, which the school board chair aggressively enforced on a man who didn't want to say his address out loud for fear of being harassed.

The school board in Mankato, Minnesota, announced strict new rules that effectively prevent parents from criticizing board members.

The new restrictions were announced at a meeting held Oct. 18. “Effective tonight, open forum participants are prohibited from calling out or addressing any individual school board or school district staff member. If this occurs, open forum will be closed,” said School Board Chair Jodi Sapp. “Beginning at the Nov. 1 school board meeting, open forum will be limited to those individuals who wish to speak to an item on the board agenda.”

The effect of these two rules is that parents are not able to discuss anything but topics approved by the board in its agenda and all board members and schools administrators are protected from direct criticism.

During that same meeting, Sapp upheld another rule that forces commenters to state where they live. This rule was apparently not enforced or did not exist before this month. The Sept. 20 meeting featured no requirement that parents dox themselves in order to make a statement.

After a man tried to comment without disclosing to the audience where he lives at the most recent meeting, Sapp said he would not be allowed to speak. He responded by disclosing which street he lives on. That wasn’t good enough for Sapp, who demanded to know his house number as well.

The man did eventually state his exact address, turning away from the microphone in an apparent attempt to protect himself against potential harassment from the meeting’s online audience. Sapp was sure to restate his exact address into her microphone so all could know where he lives.

https://alphanews.org/school-board-bans-parents-from-discussing-non-approved-topics-and-criticizing-board-members/

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2021, 06:38:32 PM »
Brutal.  We really dodged a bullet by keeping the "moderate" Garland off the Supreme Court.
Yes we did.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2021, 09:34:01 PM »
School boards have gotten out of control.

School board bans parents from discussing non-approved topics and criticizing board members

Another rule forces commenters to publicly state where they live, which the school board chair aggressively enforced on a man who didn't want to say his address out loud for fear of being harassed.

The school board in Mankato, Minnesota, announced strict new rules that effectively prevent parents from criticizing board members.

The new restrictions were announced at a meeting held Oct. 18. “Effective tonight, open forum participants are prohibited from calling out or addressing any individual school board or school district staff member. If this occurs, open forum will be closed,” said School Board Chair Jodi Sapp. “Beginning at the Nov. 1 school board meeting, open forum will be limited to those individuals who wish to speak to an item on the board agenda.”

The effect of these two rules is that parents are not able to discuss anything but topics approved by the board in its agenda and all board members and schools administrators are protected from direct criticism.

During that same meeting, Sapp upheld another rule that forces commenters to state where they live. This rule was apparently not enforced or did not exist before this month. The Sept. 20 meeting featured no requirement that parents dox themselves in order to make a statement.

After a man tried to comment without disclosing to the audience where he lives at the most recent meeting, Sapp said he would not be allowed to speak. He responded by disclosing which street he lives on. That wasn’t good enough for Sapp, who demanded to know his house number as well.

The man did eventually state his exact address, turning away from the microphone in an apparent attempt to protect himself against potential harassment from the meeting’s online audience. Sapp was sure to restate his exact address into her microphone so all could know where he lives.

https://alphanews.org/school-board-bans-parents-from-discussing-non-approved-topics-and-criticizing-board-members/

Anybody who would put a piece of shit like this in charge of anything is severely brain damaged.

Anyone who would listen to a piece of shit like this is a fucking retard.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2021, 01:15:01 PM »
House Republicans Probe NSBA For Colluding With White House On Bogus ‘Domestic Terrorism’ Letter Targeting Parents
OCTOBER 28, 2021 By Haley Strack
https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/28/house-republicans-investigate-nsba-for-colluding-with-white-house-on-domestic-terrorist-letter-targeting-parents/