Author Topic: Didn't go to the gym for a month  (Read 8099 times)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
Re: Didn't go to the gym for a month
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2012, 08:58:18 AM »
WHEN U LIVE IN A  TRAILERPARK U NEED TO BE ABLE TO JUMP TRAILERS TO SURVIVE...thats my translation of the above
MIRAGETROPIN

the trainer

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2012, 09:02:13 AM »
Lost A LOT of strength. I squatted 315 for 25 before I went home for the holidays, struggled with 315 for 5 yesterday. Feels bad, man. :( On the upside, though, I never missed an injection in that one month period!

Any of you guys experienced this shit? How long until your strength came back?

generation nothingness no base 5 pounds of muscle blow up from within, comes off steroids goes right back down to 170 you are an embarrassment  to hard training bodybuilders.  

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2012, 09:06:09 AM »
19 in a bit over a month!

damn swlabr, didn't know you were 18 years old  :o

just finished school this year or last year?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2012, 09:08:02 AM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »
Usually for me, for short to medium breaks, 1/2 the length of the break is spent getting back to pre-break levels. So, for a month, 2 weeks.

That being said, that's for maximal strength,  endurance takes a bit longer.

Correct. I've noticed the same. Two weeks for a month off with not much difference in size either.

I like taking a month off or slightly more to travel, and I enjoy the break.
But I do try and eat relatively healthy, keep the calories up and have meals with moderate protein and stay active with lots of walking etc, so get back lean and fit as well.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2012, 10:08:13 AM »
Bit below parallel, ass to grass kills my back. :(

I did 315x8 before the 405x6, had way more in me but I was set on getting the 405. Did 330x15 the week before, though!

This is a not-so-subtle "look at my squat numbers" thread. Deal with it, haters.

How big are your legs?

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2012, 10:09:52 AM »
Lately, i feel realy fishy about the guy who says he can do squat 300 or 400 like nothing.
Because, I hardly witness those squat in any gym.
I am not saying that you lie. But it makes me really suspicious in these days.

Ever wonder how on the boards everyone reps out 3 plates (or more) squats 4-5 plates, deads 5-6  ::)...yet in real life i have only seen ONE person with those numbers. The kid is 1'68 and weights 107kg lean.

Boundary Breaker

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2012, 10:12:32 AM »
Ever wonder how on the boards everyone reps out 3 plates (or more) squats 4-5 plates, deads 5-6  ::)...yet in real life i have only seen ONE person with those numbers. The kid is 1'68 and weights 107kg lean.

If that kid is in BCN, everybody(Including me) must have known him. Who is that?

Swlabr

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2012, 10:14:27 AM »
Lately, i feel realy fishy about the guy who says he can do squat 300 or 400 like nothing.
Because, I hardly witness those squat in any gym.
I am not saying that you lie. But it makes me really suspicious in these days.

315 for 25? deep?

POST SOME DAMN PICTURES, call me homo if you want ;D

I think I can now squat 100kg for about 20+ reps again and my legs look deceant now, if I could do that with 140kg... lol :P... but I do weight 75kg.

As for not being motivated to train... what :D ?! slow day = go to the gym... great day = go to the gym... depressed = go to the gym.... happy = go to the gym.... best friend died = go to the gym... I don't get it why would you NOT want to train...

I'm not lying, and maybe it makes more sense when I say that I only go to parallel. Squatting is my strong point anyway, my bench is shit for example, I've always had naturally big legs and it's a lift I enjoy doing so I usually go all-out.

Swlabr

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2012, 10:15:24 AM »
there's a 20 year old guy in my gym who maxes squats every day ass to the grass. he can squat 325lbs ass to the grass 3 reps for 7-10 sets on a good day with no equipment and butter smooth.
 It's some sort of bulgarian squat program. It wen't from 265lbs for 3 reps into 315 within weeks when he did that program.
He sayes that he only does this because he wants more jumping power in his parkour life style and only prety much trains leggs in the winter and obtains his parkour skills and vica versa in the summer.

He looks like a white boy skateboarder, sits between sets, jokes around with me and playes angry birds in between and then squats again, so it could be possible sawlbr isn't bullshiting.

but 315 for 25 reps atg... kind of suspicious... maby he just is a beast but he hasn't veryfied it so I have a neutral stand here.

I've never lied about any of my stats! I'll make a video sometime, I just kinda feel like a tool asking someone to film me, lol.

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2012, 10:17:28 AM »
If that kid is in BCN, everybody(Including me) must have known him. Who is that?

Yes. He has competed locally. Name starts with "N" is rather shy and totally musclebound and a legitimate "low doser"
Boundary Breaker

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:02 AM »
Don't worry bro I haven't gone in three years.

lol

Swlabr

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:37 AM »
damn swlabr, didn't know you were 18 years old  :o

just finished school this year or last year?

Finished high school last year. At university now. 8)

How big are your legs?

I think I measured them at 26" at the midpoint of the thigh yesterday. They look quite big, dunno how it compares to people on here.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 10:22:24 AM »
Lift heavy weights every OTHER day. Do abs/calves/cardio on the other days. And if you're gonna skip a workout, skip the Abs/calves/cardio day...It really is that simple ;)

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2012, 10:22:57 AM »

this x1000. I mean shit, I work my ass off just doing 225lbs deep squats for 10-12 reps and my legs feel like jelly after.

then an 18 year old claims 315 for 25??? wtf

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2012, 10:25:34 AM »
With advancements in visualisation techniques, its questionable whether you actually have to go to the gym at all.

Swlabr

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2012, 10:25:49 AM »
I only go to parallel, dude. I doubt I'd get 10 with 315 if I went all the way down.

Swlabr

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2012, 10:28:40 AM »
With advancements in visualisation techniques, its questionable whether you actually have to go to the gym at all.

LOL ;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2012, 10:30:09 AM »
I only go to parallel, dude. I doubt I'd get 10 with 315 if I went all the way down.

Ass to grass may not be the best way to go if you're a taller fella

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »
Ass to grass may not be the best way to go if you're a taller fella

Yeah ass to grass is very hard for me personally. I'm 6 ft. and ass to grass my max weight for 4 sets of 12-15 is 185 lbs. Parallel is much easier and I bring it up to around 225 for the same sets and reps. Legs are 26"

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2012, 10:52:34 AM »

haha, yes Ive wondered that too and thought myself  "Am I the only one on the board who squats 2 plates for 10?"  ;D :D

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2012, 10:53:12 AM »
Lost A LOT of strength. I squatted 315 for 25 before I went home for the holidays, struggled with 315 for 5 yesterday. Feels bad, man. :( On the upside, though, I never missed an injection in that one month period!

Any of you guys experienced this shit? How long until your strength came back?

wow an 80% strength loss

i doubt you will recover

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2012, 10:55:51 AM »
haha, yes Ive wondered that too and thought myself  "Am I the only one on the board who squats 2 plates for 10?"  ;D :D

I squat exactly that with the same number of reps.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »
Squatting is bullshit. IT really is a crap excercise for a bodybuilder and a huge waste of time and energy. All these guys who squat all the time week in week out end up with huge asses and wide waistes along the way. Squatting doesn't do shit for my hamstrings, the next day my ass is sore as hell..

l

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2012, 11:02:16 AM »

I remember when i was mocked for repping out 200lbs on the incline @165lb bw. Then again i rarely see people repping out more than 2 plates on the incline and they fore sure weight more than i do. Gotta love laptop strongman.
Boundary Breaker