Author Topic: Roger Federer Crying like a baby  (Read 4919 times)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
Re: Roger Federer Crying like a baby
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 07:20:07 AM »
how can nadal be the number one in the list then?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2009, 07:21:35 AM »
We are all insignificant in a cosmic sense. ;)

Would you call Obama insignificant in a cosmic sense?

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 08:13:54 AM »
how can nadal be the number one in the list then?
Since yesterday's final Nadal is no longer number one!Federer retakes N:1 and Nadal slips back to N:2!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 08:36:32 AM »
Since yesterday's final Nadal is no longer number one!Federer retakes N:1 and Nadal slips back to N:2!

Lets be fair, even had Nadal just reached the quarters and not been injured he'd still be number 1.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 08:58:57 AM »

HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT..............THE MAN WAS EMOTIONAL AFTER A MOMENTOUS VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 09:14:10 AM »
trying to say anyone is the best in any sport of all time  is hard and difficult to do and has way too many variables involved: however.....

personally i put federer and sampras as co-best of all time.

in reality you can't put the number of grand slam titles as the only proof as the best of all time. for instance.

rod laver, who won the grand slam in 1962 and again in 1969 (TWICE!) is for one thing only one of two men who have won the calendar year grand slam in tennis history, the other being don budge, and of course he (laver) won the grand slame twice!

what commentators fail to say (including all media) is that from 1963 until 1968, laver couldn't play ANY GRAND SLAM TOURNAMENTS! because he had turned pro and pros were not allowed to play them until the open era of tennis started in 1968, so can you imagine how many grand slam titles he would have won if he was allowed to compete those 5 years during his prime? and he still had 11, only 4 short of the new record!

and laver's competition was very tough both as an amateur and a pro. then again....

back then 3 of the 4 majors (aussie, wimbledon and u.s.) were played on grass, so does this limit just how all around good laver was or wasn't. i mean a grass court expert who played like crap on any other surface could have an awesome record in grand slam titles?

for instance in regard to nadal, what if now, 3 of the 4 slams were on clay? or if that was the case back in the day when borg dominated on clay like nadal does? speaking of nadal....

personally i don't think he will have that much longer of a career, if he is constantly breaking down physically like he does already, but it's also his style of play that is so griding on him...

as far as head to head against federer, yes, he has a comfortable head to head record against federer, however, most people fail to mentioned even the so called tennis experts a.ka. mary carillo, mcenroe, etcetera, is that most of their head to head matches have been lopsided by playing on one surface way more than any other surface and that surface being clay! which nadal along with borg is already considered the best of all time on that one surface.

hardly indicative of a what i would call a true head to head mastery over federer, although nadal has beated federer on hard courts (in january at the aussie open) and of course last year on grass at wimbledon, by and large most of their matches that nadal has won have been on clay, although federer has also beaten nadal on clay i believe twice. the latest one just a week before the french open.

i believe the head to head with federer and nadal would be quite different in roger's favor if they played mostly on grass, indoor and hard courts.

in regard to sampras, he had infinitely more and tougher competition to go thru than federer. sampras had to go thru other grand slam champions, whereas federer has to content with besides nadal, only roddick (1 time grand slam winner), murray whose rising fast, and djokovic.

sampras competed against becker, edberg, courier, chang, agassi, lendle, a past his prime mcenroe, and more. plus different styles including the now almost defunct serve and volley game. which now with the advancement of racket technology improving in power every year even since sampras's recent retirement makes today's game like the women's game, power groundstroke bashing and that's it. federer of course being one of the few who can do it all.

i think prime sampras would barely beat prime federer on grass, on indoor court and hard court it's a toss up and federer tops sampras on clay. i think people think that federer's game is more all court that sampras and the shots that federer can come up with are amazing and genius and that's why some think he's better than sampras. lastly, would love to see federer play in the 80's to mid 90's with a less technological racket and play against serve and volleyers!!!

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 09:17:29 AM »
hahahaha, you're fucking retarded.

Ronnie coleman is 45 and has 8 Olympia wins

Cutler is 35 and has 2.

That makes cutler better right?

hahahahahah

Only if both wins were against Ronnie at his best...wich was the case with Federer.

WOOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 09:19:02 AM »

IS that a youtube link?  I dont know why I cant open them anymore??

WOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 09:21:04 AM »
trying to say anyone is the best in any sport of all time  is hard and difficult to do and has way too many variables involved: however.....

in reality you can't put the number of grand slam titles as the only proof as the best of all time. for instance.

rod laver, who won the grand slam in 1962 and again in 1969 (TWICE!) is for one thing only one of two men who have won the calendar year grand slam in tennis history, the other being don budge, and of course he (laver) won the grand slame twice!

what commentators fail to say (including all media) is that from 1963 until 1968, laver couldn't play ANY GRAND SLAM TOURNAMENTS! because he had turned pro and pros were not allowed to play them until the open era of tennis started in 1968, so can you imagine how many grand slam titles he would have won if he was allowed to compete those 5 years during his prime? and he still had 11, only 4 short of the new record!

and laver's competition was very tough both as an amateur and a pro. then again....

back then 3 of the 4 majors (aussie, wimbledon and u.s.) were played on grass, so does this limit just how all around good laver was or wasn't. i mean a grass court expert who played like crap on any other surface could have an awesome record in grand slam titles?

for instance in regard to nadal, what if now, 3 of the 4 slams were on clay? or if that was the case back in the day when borg dominated on clay like nadal does? speaking of nadal....

personally i don't think he will have that much longer of a career, if he is constantly breaking down physically like he does already, but it's also his style of play that is so griding on him...

as far as head to head against federer, yes, he has a comfortable head to head record against federer, however, most people fail to mentioned even the so called tennis experts a.ka. mary carillo, mcenroe, etcetera, is that most of their head to head matches have been lopsided by playing on one surface way more than any other surface and that surface being clay! which nadal along with borg is already considered the best of all time on that one surface.

hardly indicative of a what i would call a true head to head mastery over federer, although nadal has beated federer on hard courts (in january at the aussie open) and of course last year on grass at wimbledon, by and large most of their matches that nadal has won have been on clay, although federer has also beaten nadal on clay i believe twice. the latest one just a week before the french open.

i believe the head to head with federer and nadal would be quite different in roger's favor if they played mostly on grass, indoor and hard courts.

in regard to sampras, he had infinitely more and tougher competition to go thru than federer. sampras had to go thru other grand slam champions, whereas federer has to content with besides nadal, only roddick (1 time grand slam winner), murray whose rising fast, and djokovic.

sampras competed against becker, edberg, courier, chang, agassi, lendle, a past his prime mcenroe, and more. plus different styles including the now almost defunct serve and volley game. which now with the advancement of racket technology improving in power every year even since sampras's recent retirement makes today's game like the women's game, power groundstroke bashing and that's it. federer of course being one of the few who can do it all.

i think prime sampras would barely beat prime federer on grass, on indoor court and hard court it's a toss up and federer tops sampras on clay. i think people think that federer's game is more all court that sampras and the shots that federer can come up with are amazing and genius and that's why some think he's better than sampras. lastly, would love to see federer play in the 80's to mid 90's with a less technological racket and play against serve and volleyers!!!

Agreed, and looking at wimbledon specifically, Sampras had to beat a TON of huge serving serve and volleyers who were all capable of putting on great runs at wimbledon, a breed which has completely died out now.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2009, 09:28:04 AM »
dont think billionaire.  that's tiger.  lebron since that's all his is playing bball for  ::).  anyway...he got lucky nadel got hurt.  he would have lost the france, and nadel would have dumped him again at wimmy.  ? for greatest ever...since needed to go thru nadel for these last two, and the guy he cant beat of late is on injured reserve.     
guy isn't a billionaire yet.....maybe one day in the future.... but not yet.....

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »

no

it's actually easy

let me debunk your post :

sampras  :

14 slams same era .. Fed has 15 AND the French Open ...CASE  CLOSED

Laver : less slams and the level of competition was infinitely slimmer

Level of competition between Sampras and Fed : SAME !

Same era

actually Fed has currently MORE top contenders than Sampras had

raquet technology : same . nothing changed since the early eighties

what these guys actually play with and what you think they do are 2 different thingies

most pros play with frames similar to the ones everyone played in the eighties and nineties

you see more baseline games because players are TAUGHT that way to usher them in to biggger competition at an earlier age

The game evolves naturally this way

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2009, 04:11:04 PM »
no

it's actually easy

let me debunk your post :

sampras  :

14 slams same era .. Fed has 15 AND the French Open ...CASE  CLOSED

Laver : less slams and the level of competition was infinitely slimmer

Level of competition between Sampras and Fed : SAME !

Same era

actually Fed has currently MORE top contenders than Sampras had

raquet technology : same . nothing changed since the early eighties

what these guys actually play with and what you think they do are 2 different thingies

most pros play with frames similar to the ones everyone played in the eighties and nineties

you see more baseline games because players are TAUGHT that way to usher them in to biggger competition at an earlier age

The game evolves naturally this way

Not true, Sampras had to go through WAY tougher comp to win his slams, not all sports evolve forward, look at basketball and boxing for examples of this.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 04:17:45 PM »
Not true, Sampras had to go through WAY tougher comp to win his slams, not all sports evolve forward, look at basketball and boxing for examples of this.
wrong

Sampras had the same competition I'd say even slimmer

Fed has Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Rodick and Hewitt

I don't need to look at other sports as it is tennis we talk about

Again : 15 slams plus the French ...case closed ( and I am a Sampras fan! )

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2009, 04:24:24 PM »
wrong

Sampras had the same competition I'd say even slimmer

Fed has Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Rodick and Hewitt

I don't need to look at other sports as it is tennis we talk about

Again : 15 slams plus the French ...case closed ( and I am a Sampras fan! )

Federer isnt even the best player at the moment when all players are fit, Nadal is.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2009, 04:30:55 PM »
Federer isnt even the best player at the moment when all players are fit, Nadal is.
I'm sorry but you have no fucking clue what you're talking about ... honestly :)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2009, 04:39:40 PM »
I'm sorry but you have no fucking clue what you're talking about ... honestly :)

So Nadal wasnt the best player in the world before he got injured?Just because you played tennis doesnt mean you are the best judge of talent.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2009, 05:09:21 PM »
nadal beats him at the france and wimmy.  14 and 15 big ?  best ever? he still be sitting on 13 with a hlthly nadal
Oh...Monica!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2009, 05:10:07 PM »
nadal beats him at the france and wimmy.  14 and 15 big ?  best ever?

Dont forget the Australian.Federer's main strength is he is super consistent, but currently, when him and Nadal are healthy, Nadal is the better player.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2009, 11:33:29 PM »

nadal lacks pure talents he make up in speed and young engery running after the ball, problem is that works great when he is young, but won't last, he will be a shooting star in tennis and then gone, that kind of game can't hold up.

TEAM Nasser

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2009, 01:46:34 AM »
nadal lacks pure talents he make up in speed and young engery running after the ball, problem is that works great when he is young, but won't last, he will be a shooting star in tennis and then gone, that kind of game can't hold up.

:D :D :D

my fucking gay stalker and getbig chief homo resident and a great guy for sure is on the fucking money 100%

jtsunami u are very correct my friend

1 thing though ... Nadal is actually VERY talented and has an incredible mind

When his legs are gone you gonna notice the same thing as Hewitt ( the Nadal of 8-10 years ago )

razzle

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2009, 08:16:51 AM »
How about we go with Borg as #1 of all time.

Quickest to 11 Majors. 25 years 1 day. Then he retired at 26 having only played a very lmiited schedule in 81 and 82.
The first to win the French and Wimbledon in the same year. Nadal and Federer have since done it but not 3 times in a row(78-80).
Has a winning record against everyone! Connors, MacEnroe, Nastaste, Lendl.
Has the best winning %age in Majors 89.3%.
6 French Opens.
No one ever played the Australian Open since it was in December back then and it was barely a 'major'. He played it only once!!!!!
Lost 4 Finals at the US Open which seemed to be his kryptonite.
Never lost a Davis Cup match. 33 straight!
82% winning percentage overall in his career! WOW!

spinnis

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2009, 08:26:27 AM »
Björn borg