Author Topic: Lamar Jackson is 2019 MVP  (Read 57886 times)

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
Re: Lamar Jackson is 2019 MVP
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2019, 11:00:21 AM »
Not smart to spend that much money when he's on his first contract and will probably never see a big 2nd contract because of his QB style running all the time.  Should have taken them out to dinner to thank them.  He will be broke in 10 years.

Are you seriously out of your mind? In 2021, Lamar is going to command the mother of all contracts. He will make somewhere close to 30 million annually with as much as 100+ million guaranteed. He is going to make enough money for his next couple generations. His O-line earned those watches.

Are you aware that he's leading the NFL in touchdown passes? He's not just a running QB. Know your facts about my QB before you speak up. He's a good kid who's humble and works very hard to be in the position he's in. He doesn't have kids or an entourage. His manager and agent is his mother.

Very naive comments by you.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2019, 11:11:15 AM »
Are you seriously out of your mind? In 2021, Lamar is going to command the mother of all contracts. He will make somewhere close to 30 million annually with as much as 100+ million guaranteed. He is going to make enough money for his next couple generations. His O-line earned those watches.

Are you aware that he's leading the NFL in touchdown passes? He's not just a running QB. Know your facts about my QB before you speak up. He's a good kid who's humble and works very hard to be in the position he's in. He doesn't have kids or an entourage. His manager and agent is his mother.

Very naive comments by you.
He is on his 1st contract which is for 4 years.  That contract would be up after the 2021 season.  There is a LOOOOONG way to go before then.  A running QB is not going to make it very long in the league, they never do.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2019, 12:40:11 PM »
He is on his 1st contract which is for 4 years.  That contract would be up after the 2021 season.  There is a LOOOOONG way to go before then.  A running QB is not going to make it very long in the league, they never do.

The Ravens will not wait until the end of the 2021 season to extend him. He will be extended after the 2020 season. He passed for over 3,000 yards and 36 PASSING touchdowns. That doesn't sound like a running QB to me despite his rushing yardage.

Steve Young and Randall Cunningham were running QB's and both had long, prolific careers. Michael Vick also played 10 years so your theory is incorrect.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2019, 01:12:01 PM »
The Ravens will not wait until the end of the 2021 season to extend him. He will be extended after the 2020 season. He passed for over 3,000 yards and 36 PASSING touchdowns. That doesn't sound like a running QB to me despite his rushing yardage.

Steve Young and Randall Cunningham were running QB's and both had long, prolific careers. Michael Vick also played 10 years so your theory is incorrect.
True, the Ravens will probably extend him early which is usually a mistake.  Remember Joe Flacco?  Steve Young is the only one you mentioned who ever won a Super Bowl.  Randall Cunningham and Michael Vick are perfect examples of players the sports media said would take over the NFL but were actually disappointments.  Cunningham actually had more success when he went to the Vikings (got to the NFC Championship Game) than he did in his running days of Philly.  After Vick's first season beating the Packers at Lambeau Field he never had that kind of success again.

Lamar Jackson may end up being better than all of them but let's not anoint him yet.  He hasn't won anything yet.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2019, 08:47:25 AM »
True, the Ravens will probably extend him early which is usually a mistake.  Remember Joe Flacco?  Steve Young is the only one you mentioned who ever won a Super Bowl.  Randall Cunningham and Michael Vick are perfect examples of players the sports media said would take over the NFL but were actually disappointments.  Cunningham actually had more success when he went to the Vikings (got to the NFC Championship Game) than he did in his running days of Philly.  After Vick's first season beating the Packers at Lambeau Field he never had that kind of success again.

Lamar Jackson may end up being better than all of them but let's not anoint him yet.  He hasn't won anything yet.

The Ravens didn’t extend Flacco early, just the opposite happened and it cost them. I say Lamar looks to be checking all of the right boxes at this point, and I hope he has a long career. Check his stat line for this year. If you went passing stats alone he’d still make the Pro Bowl. I wasn’t a believer either, check my initial thread title of this thread.  ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2019, 09:17:09 AM »
The Ravens didn’t extend Flacco early, just the opposite happened and it cost them. I say Lamar looks to be checking all of the right boxes at this point, and I hope he has a long career. Check his stat line for this year. If you went passing stats alone he’d still make the Pro Bowl. I wasn’t a believer either, check my initial thread title of this thread.  ;D
He had a great year and should be MVP this year I am not disputing that.  I still want to see what he does in the playoffs and the coming seasons.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2019, 09:40:38 AM »

If you measure disappointment by not winning a super bowl, then yes, I would agree with you. But I would not call Vick and Cunningham's careers as unsuccessful. My Opinion.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2020, 02:13:44 AM »
Tennessee 28
Baltimore  12

::) I'm impressed.  ::)

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2020, 08:11:08 AM »
Tennessee 28
Baltimore  12

::) I'm impressed.  ::)

Ravens got outplayed and out coached. Too overconfident. But the future is bright in Baltimore.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2020, 09:24:03 AM »
The kid is 22.

I don't buy any bullshit that he will be a perennial poor performer in the playoffs.

It takes time for them to gain the maturity and slow the game down when the playoffs happen.

Shit, even Peyton Manning got too hyped up.

He'll be great next year.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2020, 10:08:03 AM »
The kid is 22.

I don't buy any bullshit that he will be a perennial poor performer in the playoffs.

It takes time for them to gain the maturity and slow the game down when the playoffs happen.

Shit, even Peyton Manning got too hyped up.

He'll be great next year.
He won't be better than this year.  RG3 2.0.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2020, 12:10:44 PM »
i don't see him reaching the same level again

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2020, 05:00:10 PM »
i don't see him reaching the same level again

E

You standing by this?

the next kaepernick, minus the SJW nonsense

E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2020, 05:11:32 PM »
Definitely not his finest hour and the three turnovers were a killer, but still was 31-56 for 365, 1 TD, 2 INTs, and ran 20 times for 143 yards. 

For the season:  265 for 401, 3127 yards, 36 TDs, 6 INTs, 176 carries for 1206, 7 TDs. 

He basically did this season what he was doing in college.  Pretty impressive. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2020, 05:13:03 PM »
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2020, 06:12:48 PM »
yep

E

I don't see much of a comparison.  Kaepernick never did what Jackson has done.  I've now watched Jackson play several games in the NFL.  Jackson is head and shoulders better than Kaepernick.  More accurate, better pocket presence, better decision making, faster, more mobile, etc.  Not even close. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2020, 09:26:03 PM »
I don't see much of a comparison.  Kaepernick never did what Jackson has done.  I've now watched Jackson play several games in the NFL.  Jackson is head and shoulders better than Kaepernick.  More accurate, better pocket presence, better decision making, faster, more mobile, etc.  Not even close. 

kaepernick made it to a super bowl and an nfc title game

when i compared them i meant both started off well, but it won't last

E
E

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2020, 07:18:16 AM »

E

2 NFC title games and a superbowl to be exact. I'm inclined to agree with you on him not attaining the same level again. I'm not a Lamar hater, but the NFL has a way of adapting and adjusting to the latest flash in the pan.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2020, 09:51:19 AM »

E

Yes I watched pretty much all of Kaepernick's games with the Niners.  I also saw him when he was at Nevada whenever they played in Hawaii.  Great athlete, but I was never impressed with his QB abilities at Nevada and thought he would have to make a believer out of me in the NFL.  He did for a couple seasons at SF, but even at his best he was not as good as what I saw from Jackson this season.  If you actually watch both of them play, there really isn't much of a comparison.  Kaepernick was a one read and run QB.  Jackson can actually go through his progression and perform exceptionally well in the pocket.     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2020, 09:53:15 AM »
2 NFC title games and a superbowl to be exact. I'm inclined to agree with you on him not attaining the same level again. I'm not a Lamar hater, but the NFL has a way of adapting and adjusting to the latest flash in the pan.

Adjust to what?  It's not like if you put 8 men in the box and take away his running lanes that he cannot beat teams through the air.  His pocket presence, decision making, and accuracy are terrific.  The only thing that will slow him down is injuries IMO. 

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2020, 10:41:47 AM »
Adjust to what?  It's not like if you put 8 men in the box and take away his running lanes that he cannot beat teams through the air.  His pocket presence, decision making, and accuracy are terrific.  The only thing that will slow him down is injuries IMO. 

Teams eventually adjusted to Colin Kapernick to the point that he eventually was demoted to play behind Blaine Gabbert.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2020, 11:04:44 AM »
Teams eventually adjusted to Colin Kapernick to the point that he eventually was demoted to play behind Blaine Gabbert.

They adjusted to Kaepernick because he was unable to go through his progression, wasn't nearly as accurate, and had horrible pocket presence.  So if you take away his ability to run, he is a very average QB.  Not true of Jackson. 

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2020, 02:18:21 PM »
They adjusted to Kaepernick because he was unable to go through his progression, wasn't nearly as accurate, and had horrible pocket presence.  So if you take away his ability to run, he is a very average QB.  Not true of Jackson. 

I like your enthusiasm, being that I'm a Ravens fan. But I wasn't too reassured about his ability to step it up in big games after watching that playoff loss. Didn't like his body language throughout the entire game, much less the stupid grinning on the sideline after each turnover he made.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2020, 10:03:12 PM »
I like your enthusiasm, being that I'm a Ravens fan. But I wasn't too reassured about his ability to step it up in big games after watching that playoff loss. Didn't like his body language throughout the entire game, much less the stupid grinning on the sideline after each turnover he made.

I'm not enthusiastic.  I'm a lifelong Niner fan.  Just calling things as I see them. 

I wouldn't judge him too harshly on one game, when he played lights out all season, beat some really good teams, etc.  If your biggest complaint is his body language on the sidelines, you're in pretty good shape.  lol

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2020, 10:06:25 PM »
I'm not enthusiastic.  I'm a lifelong Niner fan.  Just calling things as I see them. 

I wouldn't judge him too harshly on one game, when he played lights out all season, beat some really good teams, etc.  If your biggest complaint is his body language on the sidelines, you're in pretty good shape.  lol

I can't help thinking his cock must be enormous.