Author Topic: Lamar Jackson is 2019 MVP  (Read 57883 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Lamar Jackson is 2019 MVP
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2020, 01:33:53 PM »
I know the Pro Bowl is a meaningless game, but Jackson was named MVP and only ran the ball twice. 

Will be interesting to see how he does next season. 

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2020, 11:24:22 AM »
I know the Pro Bowl is a meaningless game, but Jackson was named MVP and only ran the ball twice. 

Will be interesting to see how he does next season. 

What Lamar needs is a big receiver to complement Hollywood Brown. AJ Green from the Bengals would be perfect because he has absolutely owned the Ravens for the last few years. I doubt the Bengals would trade him to a division rival.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2020, 11:52:06 AM »
What Lamar needs is a big receiver to complement Hollywood Brown. AJ Green from the Bengals would be perfect because he has absolutely owned the Ravens for the last few years. I doubt the Bengals would trade him to a division rival.

I agree.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2020, 11:54:47 AM »
Ravens QB Lamar Jackson named 2019 NFL MVP
By Nick Shook
Around The NFL Writer

The NFL's consensus choice for Most Valuable Player has officially assumed the throne.

Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was named the 2019 NFL MVP on Saturday at NFL Honors in downtown Miami. Jackson earned all 50 first-place votes, making him only the second unaimous MVP in NFL history (Tom Brady, 2010).

Jackson was a source of pure spectating delight in 2019, shredding opposing defenses while leading the league in touchdowns with 36 passing scores and seven trips to the end zone on the ground. Jackson threw for 3,127 yards and posted a 113.3 passer rating, with the latter mark exceeding the average rating of an MVP quarterback (107.8 ) en route to the AFC's top seed.

That's not all, of course. Jackson rushed for 1,206 yards, breaking Michael Vick's single-season record for a quarterback in the process and obliterating the average mark for an MVP quarterback (131). He more than tripled the average mark for rushing touchdowns with his seven scores.

Jackson's league-leading marks in passing touchdowns and quarterback rushing yards made him just the second quarterback to do so in NFL history, joining Hall of Famer Steve Young, who did so in 1994 with nearly 1,000 less rushing yards. Jackson's 1,206 yards also landed him at sixth place in the entire NFL in rushing yards.

Jackson became the youngest quarterback to ever win MVP at 22 years, 358 days old (on Dec. 31, 2019) while leading the NFL's No. 1 scoring offense (33.2 points per game). With Jackson at the controls, Baltimore finished first or second in five key offensive categories: points per game, total yards per game, rushing yards per game, big plays per game and red-zone percentage. Jackson also posted the second-highest passing touchdown percentage (9.0) in the Super Bowl era (minimum 350 attempts).

Jackson's season could only get better if his Ravens were able to reach the Super Bowl. Baltimore's 14-2 finish didn't carry over into the postseason, as the Ravens were eliminated by the Tennessee Titans in the AFC Divisional Round.

His MVP makes him the first Ravens player to win the award.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001100156/article/ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-named-2019-nfl-mvp

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Lamar Jackson is Vince Young 2.0
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »
I somewhat agree. I cringe sometimes when he takes off and chooses to run between the tackles. But he's more electrifying in the open field than Vick or RG3 ever was. If he stays healthy, he definitely will run for 1200 yards or more this season.

What’s your crystal ball day about this coming season?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2020, 01:23:15 PM »
Awaiting the annual Baltimore SB champions thread.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2020, 06:36:39 PM »
Awaiting the annual Baltimore SB champions thread.

I’ll edit the title and bump it here shortly.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Lamar Jackson is Vince Young 2.0
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2020, 03:49:46 AM »
What’s your crystal ball day about this coming season?
There probably won't be one.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2023, 01:13:52 AM »
Looks like I was right about Lamar.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2023, 01:42:37 PM »
This thread didn't age well. LOL.

The Ravens fanbase has completely turned on Lamar. He should've gotten his extension after the 2020 season when he was first eligible. He had the most leverage at that point. Back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons, MVP in 2019, coming off his first career playoff win.....Both sides are at fault, to be honest. I think there's a good chance he sits out the entire 2023 season.

Just simply mind blowing to me that he's not represented by an agent. Just shit stupid. He plays the most important high profile position on the field. What about endorsements he's missed out on along the way over the years by not having an agent? He ain't too bright. And he acts very immature when he posts on social media at times.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2023, 12:32:41 AM »

The Ravens fanbase has completely turned on Lamar. He should've gotten his extension after the 2020 season when he was first eligible. He had the most leverage at that point. Back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons, MVP in 2019, coming off his first career playoff win.....Both sides are at fault, to be honest. I think there's a good chance he sits out the entire 2023 season.

Just simply mind blowing to me that he's not represented by an agent. Just shit stupid. He plays the most important high profile position on the field. What about endorsements he's missed out on along the way over the years by not having an agent? He ain't too bright. And he acts very immature when he posts on social media at times.
His mom is his agent. ::)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2023, 04:19:01 AM »

All true, especially the last paragraph. I’ve had a guy like him who used to work for me. Not that I pay anywhere near that kind of money, but just the same sense of entitlement and then doesn’t perform. It’s an ignorance that keeps him from seeing how short sighted he’s being.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2023, 07:42:37 PM »

hey guts

good to see you are still alive

he's as dumb as a rock, i think the ravens should move on

and kenny pickett stinks, but the morons running the steelers somehow see high upside ???

E
E

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2023, 01:21:15 AM »

hey guts

and kenny pickett stinks, but the morons running the steelers somehow see high upside ???

E
I was rooting for Pickett to have a good year last year so the Steelers would stick with him. He will never win anything.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2023, 08:33:05 AM »

hey guts

E

Hey Earl, hope all is well. Yeah , I think the Ravens are planning to trade him before the draft. The fan base here in Baltimore have really turned against him. He bet on himself and he failed.  I agree that he's as dumb as a rock.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2023, 01:00:30 PM »
He’s back baby!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2023, 01:12:52 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2023, 09:12:10 AM »
 :o

Ravens' Lamar Jackson going for rare feat after taking over NFL's completion percentage lead
Lamar Jackson leads all QBs in completion percentage and rushing yards this season
By Douglas Clawson
November 6, 2023
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-lamar-jackson-going-for-rare-feat-after-taking-over-nfls-completion-percentage-lead/

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2023, 09:30:46 AM »
:o

Ravens' Lamar Jackson going for rare feat after taking over NFL's completion percentage lead
Lamar Jackson leads all QBs in completion percentage and rushing yards this season
By Douglas Clawson
November 6, 2023
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-lamar-jackson-going-for-rare-feat-after-taking-over-nfls-completion-percentage-lead/

Don’t mean shit for my FFB team!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2023, 01:26:56 PM »
Going to have to change this thread title soon to reflect his 2023 MVP status as well. Let’s see if it translates to the post season.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2023, 12:22:16 AM »
Going to have to change this thread title soon to reflect his 2023 MVP status as well. Let’s see if it translates to the post season.
This will be an exciting year for the playoffs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2024, 07:41:01 PM »

After Purdy's meltdown last week and Jackson throwing 5 TDs on Sunday, it's pretty much a done deal.  I think Purdy had a better season, but voters are prisoners of the moment and place a lot of emphasis on the last few weeks of the season. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2024, 05:06:28 PM »
Gonna change this thread title too.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2024, 07:22:09 PM »
i think the ravens can win the super bowl and i hope they do