Author Topic: am i missing out in life not drinking?  (Read 20517 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: am i missing out in life not drinking?
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2014, 06:06:24 AM »
Nothing worse than a drunk when you are sober, or someone sober when you are drunk.   

Can you imagine waking up in the morning knowing that that's the best you're gonna feel all day  ??? :-\

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2014, 06:07:20 AM »
I have never understood why people drink beer when eating something, beer tastes horrible ugh! I only drink it for its effects. However I don't really drink that often, maybe 3-5 times a year I get really drunk. I hate hangovers and when I'm drunk I end up making a fool of myself, so that's why I don't do it that often, oh yeah, I also hate its taste.
I am the same way. Cannot drink while eating. I drink for the buzz. Also If I start drinking I cannot eat. Only a while after.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2014, 06:14:10 AM »
Drinking isn't the greatest thing in the world, but having a few beers every now and then will not hinder anything from a bodybuilding point of view.  Unless you are prepping for a show then there really isn't anything bad about drinking a bit.

I'm not a big fan of getting drunk, but a few beers does help relax and be able to just chill for a while.  Once in a blue moon i'll get drunk, but i don't really find that feeling appealing.

Women are all different, some want to be with a guy who doesn't drink because they want him to be in control and conservative.  Other girls like a guy who drinks a bit and likes to let loose so they can have fun and not be boring.  However, i've never met a women who likes a drunk, even if they are in control, they just typically don't like guys who are excessive drinkers unless they themselves are.

I dated a Vietnames girl for years who was very conservative, she believed men should be in control and drinking was something she never did.  I could drink a few beers with her and she didn't complain, but once she could tell i was acting differently it bothered her because she wanted me to always be in control of myself and any situation.  This girl had never been drunk in her life and couldn't even finish one glass of wine because it made her feel "dizzy".  This girl was probably the best girl i ever dated, very classy and respectful, never acted out and appreciated who i was.

Fast forward to my last girlfriend, the exact opposite.  This girl was Mexican and loved to party, she didn't really like to get hammered, but she liked to drink 3-4 nights a week.  She thought i was too conservative and a little boring, she actually wanted us to take a cab every now and then to the bars so i could get drunk and "let loose".  I did have a good time drinking with her, but we were extremelt different and didn't last long because she was my opposite.

Bottom line is be yourself man, fuck what the girls think, do what you enjoy.  There are tons of hot women out there that will like you for who you are and most of all "respect" you for standing your ground on personal issues.

8)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2014, 06:15:00 AM »

Can you imagine waking up in the morning knowing that that's the best you're gonna feel all day  ??? :-\

Sad.   :-\

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2014, 06:26:53 AM »

Frank Sinatra.

/i think?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2014, 06:29:42 AM »
Frank Sinatra.

/i think?

Either him or Dean Martin ;D

Simple Simon

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2014, 06:30:20 AM »
Frank Sinatra.

/i think?
Might have been Dean Martin.
It was used in a Neil Simon comedy California Suite.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2014, 06:39:43 AM »
"Re:  am i missing out in life not drinking? "

No. But if the sole reason why you're not drinking is because of the gym, then you're probably missing out on other aspects because of that.

yes that said, alc doesnt affect "gains" much if at all, if its the one in while weekend binge, or a daily glass of wine, gains will hardly be affected.

for ger users theres estrogen issue chance from alc and it affect or stops fatburning temporarily, but gains surely no problemo.
n

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2014, 10:15:57 AM »
Do girls get catagorised as alphas and betas?

lol you didn't say you were a girl till your second post, and I didn't read your handle ;D

to answer your question though, yes. Women do get categorized by alpha and beta. Alpha women are independent, promiscuous, poor relationship material, and have high sex drives.
Beta females are needy, feminine, , shy, sensitive, loyal.

Beta and alpha females all want the alpha male.
The alpha males end up with the beta females.
The beta females end up with the alpha males....because no guy with options would ever date an alpha female.
l

K1RB

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2014, 10:20:19 AM »
Yes, you are missing out-
Stop being overly concerned about your legs, or your physique...unless your making money from lifting, live life my man-
A girl will rather be with a funny guy or, a guy with money-and it sounds like you have neither-loosen up, have a few drinks, chase ass and make money-you will thank me later-
I speak from experience-

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2014, 10:32:48 AM »
You're missing out on life from the age of 18 until you get married you should be living it up with your boys as much as you can. I've had so many good memories with my friends and they all involved being fed up. You don't have the same laughs and bonding when you're sober. You're missing out. You missed out on a lot of things young men should do because you didn't go off to school or live with friends. How are you / going to have any experiences funny stories awesome things to look back on.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2014, 11:01:57 AM »
Am I missing out in life not drinking?

Invert the logic to that question:
Am I missing out in life by drinking?

For most who drink the second question applies rather than the first.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2014, 11:08:44 AM »
Do girls get catagorised as alphas and betas?

depends if they shave their twats or not.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2014, 11:09:05 AM »
Why would you even visit a bar? Choose other people to hang out with, be selective, always.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2014, 11:10:12 AM »
am i missing out on life?

my friend does mdma every weekend

::)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2014, 11:12:39 AM »
Nothing sucks more then when all your friends are drunk as fuck and your sober.

does it  really effect gains?  studies?

met a chick and her friend at the bar the other night I didn't touch a beer. she polished off 9, kept trying to pass me hers. I had just trained legs an hour and half before I met up with them...was like damn am I really gonna throw that entire workout down the toilet.

I get drunk twice a week. Never been above 15%bf.

Depends what sort of "gains" you want.

Just be an active drunk. Cardio drunk.
P

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2014, 11:17:47 AM »
If someone asked me which non drinker on the forum should start drinking, flint would be nowhere on that list.  It's not an insult, I just don't think he has the mind for it.
Y

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »
i think that if you are not gonna get drunk or high you shouldnt be in a club in the first place

just like when you are sane you shouldnt be in a mental hospital

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2014, 11:22:05 AM »
i think that if you are not gonna get drunk or high you shouldnt be in a club in the first place

just like when you are sane you shouldnt be in a mental hospital

Exactly, and to go a step further, why would someone hang out with people with different values? That only creates confusion on the long run.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2014, 11:23:39 AM »
Exactly, and to go a step further, why would someone hang out with people with different values? That only creates confusion on the long run.
true story

thats why i go to clubs by myself to get the whores

not hang out with some drunks, junkies, pretenders/posers that i dont even like

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2014, 11:25:32 AM »
A man with a clear mission, I like that.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2014, 11:25:45 AM »

You mean, like if a chick love giant cocks, but moves in with a zit-laden Coleman worshipper who doesn't meet her standards, which just leads to the harboring of giant, secret dildos?
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2014, 11:33:32 AM »
i'm no fan of alcohol but if you're going to hang out in bars or clubs you gotta have at least 1 - 2 drinks, that's not going to affect your gains

i was a bartender for 4 years, guys that don't drink look completely put of place and if a woman drinks of course she will want you to drink, never once did i see a guy that only drank coke or water seemingly have luck with the ladies

non drinkers in a bar are considered weird, no fun, uptight, boring, and they think you are looking down on them or think you're the guy that will take advantage of them while drunk

sure they might respect your healthy lifestyle, but they aren't going home with you

so if you're not going to drink NEVER go to a bar or club, but i think you're making a mistake by not drinking at all

E
E

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2014, 12:28:57 PM »
Nothing sucks more then when all your friends are drunk as fuck and your sober.

does it  really effect gains?  studies?

met a chick and her friend at the bar the other night I didn't touch a beer. she polished off 9, kept trying to pass me hers. I had just trained legs an hour and half before I met up with them...was like damn am I really gonna throw that entire workout down the toilet.

depends how old you are...if you are over 26 you are just missing the stroke like hangover you get from polishing off a couple of cases by yourself while watching CKY dvds

bench

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »
affect your gains? who gives a shit, lifes too short to be concerned about losing any gains. seriously.
most guys who dont give a shit are the biggest.
drink and do drugs both with moderation. but do them. it will enrich your life. nothing worse than people who are sober.