Author Topic: Chik should be replaced with Shawn or Larry on PBW  (Read 3981 times)

Armageddon

• Getbig III
Chik should be replaced with Shawn or Larry on PBW
« on: September 05, 2006, 10:34:49 AM »
After listening to Lou and Lee Shows it was clear that Bob has some issues with hosting the show. 
He couldn’t handle lee with his big mouth until shawn came around.  Shawn spoke to lee in mature way and explained everything s with facts.  Where Bob already had all the info that shawn had but couldn’t come up with something presentable to talk back to lee

Specially him being the athletes rep.  he always defends the IFBB without a legit reason he is obligated to do.  If he even think good of the PDI the IFBB will kick him out.

So getting some one else in the seat will be much better.  An ex BBer or an expert of the sport

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
Re: Chik should be replaced with Shawn or Larry on PBW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 10:41:08 AM »
After listening to Lou and Lee Shows it was clear that Bob has some issues with hosting the show. 
He couldn’t handle lee with his big mouth until shawn came around.  Shawn spoke to lee in mature way and explained everything s with facts.  Where Bob already had all the info that shawn had but couldn’t come up with something presentable to talk back to lee

Specially him being the athletes rep.  he always defends the IFBB without a legit reason he is obligated to do.  If he even think good of the PDI the IFBB will kick him out.

So getting some one else in the seat will be much better.  An ex BBer or an expert of the sport

Chicko has got a lock in with the radio show for now.  But nothing is forever.

It would now be wise for him however to be a little more unbias with his verbal on air rants and opinons. Also he should display alot more professionalism with the radio listeners and the fans of the IFBB in general.

-keep it real-

In it 2 win it

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 11:45:51 AM »
Chick does good on the radio show, he just needs to stop being so sensitive when it comes to defending the IFBB. His personality adds good flavor to the show and if your not laughing with him, you can always laugh at him for being such a dork. As a weekly listener, i just get so sick of hearing him kiss the IFBB's ass. Hes not a chairman hes a pro bodybuilder, and without the pro, hes just a bodybuilder. Just like the rest of us. Chick you need to loosen up the belt and relax when it comes to defending the IFBB. Doesn't athletes rep mean you defend the best intrest of the athletes? Id way rather have Chick than listen to Shawn's arrogant has been ass every week. If you want Larry just listen to muscle radio....Boring. That show lacks charisma. Chicks doin alright, he just needs to remember, when it comes down to it, Chick- Your a bodybuilder not a chairman.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 12:02:27 PM »
I can appreciate your opinions...but I don't defend the IFBB half as much as you think I do.

As a matter of fact, every proposal I submit to the IFBB on behalf of the athletes, is basically AGAINST the IFBB. I put my ass on the line a few years ago in trying to form a union for the athletes...do you think the IFBB was pleased with that?

I stand up for whats right, and I explain how things work...soemtimes that backs the IFBB, sometimes that backs the athletes. I cant blindly throw my support behind someone or something, just because they happen to be a IFBB athlete.

Much like the Lee Priest situation...I tell Lee how the rules are interpreted, and what will result from breaking them...that's not backing the IFBB, it's EXPLAINING how they are written. There is a chain of command, and a system of getting rules changed... abiding by both, I've been very successful in getting many things changed in the athletes favor.

I absolutely believe the IFBB is wrong, having rules that prohibit IFBB pro's from making appearances, etc., in non sanctioned events...and have submitted my proposal to change this in the upcoming Board of Gov. meeting at the Olympia.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 12:04:33 PM »
Reflection:

Cicherillo has great radio character and also does very well with TV, he's the best I've seen in a long time in that regard. Solomon and Cicherillo has great chemistry, if you can't hear that, you can't be listening.

With that being said, Cicherillo needs to become more independent, as his involvement with the IFBB and AMI actually makes him not come across as partial, but ridiculously partial at times.

The solution is to either let Solomon handle all those topics where it could be controversial on his own, or to simply become independent from AMI.

Cicherillo cannot be an AMI company man if he's gonna deliver truths and opinions about everything bodybuilding.

Cicherillo is the most marketable BB right now out there, and deserves a good deal with BB.com, since he doesn't need to be in thongs to represent the company in a good way.

But his ties with AMI fcuks up his credibility a lot. It's something he needs to address. It became very evident when he commented the Europa. He had a great flow, but avoided calling out flaws on the competitors.

He wouldn't say that Kamali or Farah looked really bloated. He could've had given good explanations as to why Kamali looked that way (extreme carb up?). Didn't mention bad bodyparts in any competitors.

I'm sure he would be able to do this if he weren't AMI or an Athlete's Rep anymore.

If he cannot get himself to deliver tougher, harsher, truer comments...

Then bring Gold Ray into it. Gold Ray was never afraid of having an opinion. He sure won't have any problems with calling out AMI or anyone.

Except the promoter of Colorado Pro ;D

The only problem with having Gold Ray on the show, will be to get him to STFU. Solomon will have a big responsibility there.

I say give Cicherillo one more month, offer him a big BB.com deal and have him cut the ties with AMI and step down as an Athlete's Rep.

If he cannot do this, sign Gold "The mouth" Ray.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 12:09:43 PM »
Bob would you admit that Dennis was the better bodybuilder in comparison to King ???

hahaha until you do everyone knows that your all stings ....
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »
I can appreciate your opinions...but I don't defend the IFBB half as much as you think I do.

As a matter of fact, every proposal I submit to the IFBB on behalf of the athletes, is basically AGAINST the IFBB. I put my ass on the line a few years ago in trying to form a union for the athletes...do you think the IFBB was pleased with that?

I stand up for whats right, and I explain how things work...soemtimes that backs the IFBB, sometimes that backs the athletes. I cant blindly throw my support behind someone or something, just because they happen to be a IFBB athlete.

Much like the Lee Priest situation...I tell Lee how the rules are interpreted, and what will result from breaking them...that's not backing the IFBB, it's EXPLAINING how they are written. There is a chain of command, and a system of getting rules changed... abiding by both, I've been very successful in getting many things changed in the athletes favor.

I absolutely believe the IFBB is wrong, having rules that prohibit IFBB pro's from making appearances, etc., in non sanctioned events...and have submitted my proposal to change this in the upcoming Board of Gov. meeting at the Olympia.

My point is, you obviously care too much about your fellow BB's.

That's why you aren't stepping down.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think previously score sheets weren't released? One of the changes you (or Ray?) have been able to argue.

You need to stop care about everyone else though IMO.

You found something you're good at. Go with it.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 12:15:54 PM »
Reflection:

Cicherillo has great radio character and also does very well with TV, he's the best I've seen in a long time in that regard. Solomon and Cicherillo has great chemistry, if you can't hear that, you can't be listening.

With that being said, Cicherillo needs to become more independent, as his involvement with the IFBB and AMI actually makes him not come across as partial, but ridiculously partial at times.

The solution is to either let Solomon handle all those topics where it could be controversial on his own, or to simply become independent from AMI.

Cicherillo cannot be an AMI company man if he's gonna deliver truths and opinions about everything bodybuilding.

Cicherillo is the most marketable BB right now out there, and deserves a good deal with BB.com, since he doesn't need to be in thongs to represent the company in a good way.

But his ties with AMI fcuks up his credibility a lot. It's something he needs to address. It became very evident when he commented the Europa. He had a great flow, but avoided calling out flaws on the competitors.

He wouldn't say that Kamali or Farah looked really bloated. He could've had given good explanations as to why Kamali looked that way (extreme carb up?). Didn't mention bad bodyparts in any competitors.

I'm sure he would be able to do this if he weren't AMI or an Athlete's Rep anymore.

If he cannot get himself to deliver tougher, harsher, truer comments...

Then bring Gold Ray into it. Gold Ray was never afraid of having an opinion. He sure won't have any problems with calling out AMI or anyone.

Except the promoter of Colorado Pro ;D

The only problem with having Gold Ray on the show, will be to get him to STFU. Solomon will have a big responsibility there.

I say give Cicherillo one more month, offer him a big BB.com deal and have him cut the ties with AMI and step down as an Athlete's Rep.

If he cannot do this, sign Gold "The mouth" Ray.

YIP
Zack

What does commentating have to do with AMI? There were virtually NO AMI contracted athlets in the Europa, and why would I care anyway? I call it like I see it...I don't need to blast competitors on weak points, I try to accentuate the positive, and offer insight on improvements to be made by EVERY competitor...anyone who listens to my commentary can attest to that.

As I said in a thread yesterday...My publication contract with AMI only accounts for 10% of my earnings...I don't need to kiss anyone's ass to keep my contract...one of the main reasons they signed me was my being outspoken in the first place. I certainly dont curtail my comments because I'm under contract.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 12:20:18 PM »
I certainly dont curtail my comments....
Are you telling everyone here that King was better than Wolf cause your his freind, knowing that behind closed doors you told King "Bro, Dennis got you beat...you know that right " hahahahahah Admit that happened you "chick"en shit third tier bb.
L

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 01:45:04 PM »
Giving Shawn a full time job on the radio show  ::)

They would have to extend the show to 5 hours just so ANYBODY else could get a word in, either that or have Shawn start talking 3 hours before air time.

Bob and Dan are great! 
I wouldn't change a thing, except make it longer like they keep dropping hints at.
And people call me a tease... Bad boys   ;D
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 01:46:41 PM »
chic is fine, he just needs to decide if he reps the athletes, or reps the ifbb. 

he has his hand in both pockets.

he's the only man in the world that will tell you he's neutral.  his friends wont, the bbers wont.
Chadwick Mower in 2008

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 01:47:58 PM »
Giving Shawn a full time job on the radio show  ::)

They would have to extend the show to 5 hours just so ANYBODY else could get a word in, either that or have Shawn start talking 3 hours before air time.

Bob and Dan are great! 
I wouldn't change a thing, except make it longer like they keep dropping hints at.
And people call me a tease... Bad boys   ;D

Did Shawn sleep with you and never call back?

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 02:37:59 PM »
Chick is by far the only one that can speak and you can actually understand him...You can rag on Chick but he without a doubt makes that show tick...At least he brings some humor to the whole thing....The crack he made about Lou when he MC'd was one of the funniest things i've heard at a bodybuilding show...

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 10:52:05 PM »
....The crack he made about Lou when he MC'd was one of the funniest things i've heard at a bodybuilding show...

??? ??? ???

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 11:03:05 PM »

Chick is good on the radio show, and Dan and Chick do well together. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.  As for Chick needing to be replaced, no way. Chick has the information and knowledge that is needed for the show, and Dan does a lot of the research and asks the more balanced questions. It is a good pairing, and it should stay that way.  And if they have guests that come on and speak or ask questions, the more the better.

You don't like it, listen to another show. 

In it 2 win it

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 11:06:01 PM »
Chick does fine and should remain host. Ive seen him at the O and small local shows that are held at a local high school aduitorium. The man truly has love for the sport. Could you imagine having to listen to Shwan Ray for an hour?  The guy is so opinionated and compares everyone to himself. We all know he was a damn good pro but......we know. The whole show would be a reflection of himself. I think its good to have a Pro as a host. It keeps a certin amount of realism in the show. The chemistry between Bob and Dan is fine and shouldnt be changed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 11:10:14 PM »
Shawn is well spoken and seems to play it a tad more neutral.  He's a good part-time addition.  Maybe a "special correspondant".  But the Dan/Bob chemistry on www.ProBodybuildingWeekl y.com is very good at this point.  They both take on different angles of arguments.  Bob relates his experiences (albeit a bit longwindedly at times!) and Dan can play some hardball - asking questions that guys don't always wanna answer, but the fans definitely want asked.

I used to rag on the show a lot, but lately, I would have to say I'm a real fan of it.  I think they've really embraced getbig - if we post a good Q here, they ask it!  And they've taken our ideas into account.

okay, enough playing nice for me. Anyone know what King got for his birthday this past weekend?

AVBG

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 11:20:36 PM »
Bob & Dan make a great team, Bob is the color comentary & Dan is the play by play.. Shawn is annoying.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 12:57:55 AM »
Chick is naturally interested in his ideas, position and opinions. He should be trying to bring out the guests instead of pushing his own agenda. How hard is it to make your guests feel special? It was a crap job done with Larry Scott. The guy is a legend and you would never know it from that show. Larry is a good story teller. All you have to do is get him to relate stuff from the past and so on.

Shawn Ray, in my opinion is too biased.

This whole professional vs the rest mentality sucks for those who are not pros. Just because someone earned a pro card doesn't make them a great bodybuilder. The only pros in the old days were in the NABBA Universe where it was considered you were a professional if you owned a gym. How absurd. Anyone who owns a gym is lucky to get the time or incentive to train after working long hours.

I know the show wants to discuss issues and so on but if the resident hosts have an agenda it becomes clear soon enough. Who the hell is the IFBB anyway? Joe can barely speak and is convalescing. Is Manion the IFBB? What a joke that the bodybuilders are still in the same situation they were always in. Just like a bunch of school kids.

irish_strenght

• Getbig II
  • sex me im irish
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 04:15:53 AM »
chick is one of the few bbers who has charisma enough to be on anything media related

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 07:37:35 AM »
No way should Chic be replaced I think he does a great job.

and

Larry on muscle radio = boring

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 07:43:41 AM »
No way should Chic be replaced I think he does a great job.

and

Larry on muscle radio = boring

Agree, but he knows a lot about the sport.  He is boring cause of his voice and his laughter.  But if he gets a good co-host the show might be better than PBW. 

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 07:56:26 AM »
i think so bob is a good host for this show.i really like bobs voice though.i think so bob has been with the IFBB for a long time and wat bob does is just get to the point and make it a fun to listen radio show.i have never in my life ever heard a radio show before but this PBW is the best.i think so dan and bob do a perfect job.people who think that bob should be removed should be removed from getbig.com..PERIOD
BOB CHICK RULZ
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 07:59:46 AM »
Shawn on a weekly radio show ... hahahaha no one wants to hear a midget whine for an hour.... he is a rat and had to f*ck a tranny to see God. hahahah
L

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 08:23:32 AM »
Shawn on a weekly radio show ... hahahaha no one wants to hear a midget whine for an hour.... he is a rat and had to f*ck a tranny to see God. hahahah
hey did he really fuck a tranny.i always you guys talking about.i don't think so ray would have ever done that..no way
RATM RULZ THE WORLD