Author Topic: Believe all Women  (Read 836 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Believe all Women
« on: October 03, 2023, 10:45:01 AM »
I don't watch MLB so I didn't really know who Trever Bauer was and didn't follow his case.  This is some stunning stuff.  How they are not prosecuting that woman for falsely accusing him of rape is beyond me. 

Trevor Bauer reveals texts, bed video as he and accuser settle lawsuits
By Andrew Crane
Published Oct. 2, 2023

Former MLB pitcher Trevor Bauer and Lindsey Hill settled their lawsuits Monday without any money getting exchanged between the two sides, according to a video Bauer posted to X, formerly known as Twitter, and an interview Hill did with The Washington Post.

Hill’s insurance company agreed to pay her $300,000, and her attorney, Bryan Freedman, told TMZ that Hill “looks forward to helping others” now that the litigation has ended.

Hill told The Washington Post that her claims never revolved around money, which Bauer alleged in his defamation lawsuit and continued to allege in his video Tuesday.

“I can’t stop Trevor Bauer ever,” Hill told the outlet. “But if I make him think twice before doing that again, it’s totally worth it.”

His attorneys, Jon Fetterolf and Shawn Holley, said in a statement that Bauer wants to “focus completely on baseball” moving forward.

In his nearly four-minute video, Bauer revealed alleged messages and an alleged video from the morning after one of his sexual encounters with Hill, which came to light in September 2022 and depicts Hill laying in bed next to a sleeping Bauer and appearing to smirk without any of the alleged injuries.

One message that Bauer included in the video — claiming that Hill tried to frame him for money — alleged that Hill texted an unknown person his “Net worth is 51 mil,” to which the person allegedly replied, “b–ch, you better secure the bag.”

Bauer said the video “paints a pretty clear picture of what actually happened the evening of May 15th.”

“Now over the last two years, I’ve been forced to defend my integrity and my reputation in a very public setting, but hopefully this is the last time I have to do so, as I’d prefer to just remain focused on doing my job, winning baseball games and entertaining fans around the world,” Bauer said to conclude his video. “So today I’m happy to be moving on with my life.”

The allegation first emerged in June 2021, when Bauer was accused of sexual assault and Hill attempted to get a restraining order against Bauer following their two in-person sexual encounters.

The allegations included claims that Bauer had punched and choked Hill during their sexual encounter.

Although Bauer confirmed publicly that he and Hill engaged in consensual rough sex, he denied several of Hill’s specific claims and stated that not everything Hill claimed even occurred, including that he never punched Hill.

Then, in April 2022, Bauer sued Hill for defamation while filing lawsuits against The Athletic, former writer Molly Knight and Deadspin.

Hill responded by countersuing Bauer for sexual assault.

In his statement, Bauer referenced the judge’s decision to deny the restraining order sought by Hill in August 2021, which he called an “extremely rare” instance.

“Quite frankly, regardless of the outcome in court, I’ve paid significantly more in legal fees than Lindsey Hill could ever pay me in her entire life, and I knew that would be the case going in,” Bauer said in his video. “But the lawsuit was never about the money for me. It was the only way for me to obtain critical information to clear my name.”

During the litigation process and league investigation, Bauer was suspended 324 games by MLB, though that was eventually reduced to 194 games by an arbitrator.

The Dodgers opted to part ways with Bauer in January, saying that the former Cy Young pitcher wouldn’t be a part of their organization moving forward, and that aligned with what the Los Angeles Times reported in 2021: that Bauer was viewed as a “pariah” in the clubhouse, and someone his Dodgers teammates at the time no longer wanted to play alongside.

Bauer remained unsigned, and he decided to pitch overseas in Japan this year.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/02/trevor-bauer-reveals-texts-bed-video-as-he-accuser-settle-lawsuits/

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Believe all Women
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 11:07:08 AM »
Terrible stuff.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 03:20:18 PM »
Does the players association or union, whoever it is, go to bat for him and get him his contract salary back? Fucking lying bitch should be chucked off a bridge.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 10:36:36 AM »
Eight years ago.

Jamie Foxx Reps Say Alleged Sexual Assault 'Never Happened'
Foxx was sued earlier this week by a woman claiming he groped her at a New York restaurant in 2015.
By Kelby Vera
Nov 23, 2023
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jamie-foxx-denies-sexual-assault-allegation_n_655fbcb1e4b0827ae613dc82

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 10:37:42 AM »
Twenty years ago.

Hochul calls state Sen. Kevin Parker rape allegations ‘extremely disturbing’
By Vaughn Golden and Kevin Sheehan
Published Nov. 21, 2023
https://nypost.com/2023/11/21/metro/gov-kathy-hochul-calls-state-sen-kevin-parker-rape-allegations-extremely-disturbing/?dicbo=v2-OCXp4f5

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 12:37:57 PM »
I have followed this since inception.

Bauer counter sued her, stating he knew full well she could never pay him.  As a condition to drop his suit, she had to drop hers, but he retained the right to speak publicly about all the findings.

She was busted 100%.  I'm thinking Bauer doesn't want to sue MLB and/or the Dodgers because he doesn't want to be so toxic that no MLB team signs him.

He's a steal on a short term, resestablish-himself deal.  The Yankees should sign Yamamoto and Bauer, and would have the best pitching in baseball.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 01:06:36 PM »
I have followed this since inception.

Bauer counter sued her, stating he knew full well she could never pay him.  As a condition to drop his suit, she had to drop hers, but he retained the right to speak publicly about all the findings.

She was busted 100%.  I'm thinking Bauer doesn't want to sue MLB and/or the Dodgers because he doesn't want to be so toxic that no MLB team signs him.

He's a steal on a short term, resestablish-himself deal.  The Yankees should sign Yamamoto and Bauer, and would have the best pitching in baseball.

Good point about him becoming toxic like Kaepernick if he sues MLB or the Dodgers.  Not comparing the underlying situations, because Kaepernick is a tool and Bauer was clearly railroaded, but just the act of being adversarial with the people you want to work for is not a good look. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 01:08:16 PM »
Good point about him becoming toxic like Kaepernick if he sues MLB or the Dodgers.  Not comparing the underlying situations, because Kaepernick is a tool and Bauer was clearly railroaded, but just the act of being adversarial with the people you want to work for is not a good look.

Agree.  Also, Bauer is a bit of a loose cannon and loudmouth, so it doesn't want this added.  He is a great follow on youtube though.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 01:10:02 PM »
Agree.  Also, Bauer is a bit of a loose cannon and loudmouth, so it doesn't want this added.  He is a great follow on youtube though.

I'm definitely a fan after the way he handled this incident. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 06:15:13 PM »
Eight years ago.

Jamie Foxx Reps Say Alleged Sexual Assault 'Never Happened'
Foxx was sued earlier this week by a woman claiming he groped her at a New York restaurant in 2015.
By Kelby Vera
Nov 23, 2023
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jamie-foxx-denies-sexual-assault-allegation_n_655fbcb1e4b0827ae613dc82

Fucking groped in 2015 and suing now? We live in fucking clown world.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2023, 07:00:04 PM »

Right?  Try recreating what you did on a specific day in 2015.  Or 20 or 30 years ago with some of these cases.  Crazy.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2023, 07:29:08 PM »

There was some loophole that opened for everyone to do this.  It's why Mayor Adams, etc all got sued recently.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2024, 11:40:00 AM »
So the dress E Jean Carroll claims she was wearing when Trump raped her wasn't manufactured till years after the alleged incident. 

Then there is this weird stuff:

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2024, 12:01:34 PM »
So the dress E Jean Carroll claims she was wearing when Trump raped her wasn't manufactured till years after the alleged incident. 

That sexual geniuses line sure sounds like a Prime-ism.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2024, 12:03:17 PM »
Batsh*t crazy apparently.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2024, 12:37:49 PM »

Wow.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 09:42:40 AM »
Twenty-seven years ago.

Former Def Jam Executive Sues Russell Simmons For Alleged Rape
At least 20 different women have accused the disgraced hip-hop mogul of sexual assault or misconduct.
By Marco Margaritoff
Feb 14, 2024
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/russell-simmons-sued-for-alleged-rape-by-former-def-jam-executive_n_65ccb980e4b067c6b73f345f

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2024, 11:55:57 AM »
Dak Prescott sues woman who accused him of sexual assault, claiming $100M extortion plot
Jason Owens
Staff writer
Mar 11, 2024
https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescott-sues-woman-who-accused-him-of-sexual-assault-claiming-100m-extortion-plot-012241360.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2024, 11:31:48 AM »
Thirty-one years ago.

Lawsuit accuses NYC Mayor Eric Adams of sexual assault in 1993
Adams was first accused in November and he denies the allegations.
By Ben Whedon
Published: March 18, 2024
https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/lawsuit-accuses-nyc-mayor-eric-adams-sexual-assault-1993