Author Topic: Are the Blue-Rays worth it ?  (Read 12535 times)

Rudee

• Getbig V
Re: Are the Blue-Rays worth it ?
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 11:12:17 AM »
All BluRay's are not the same in terms of quality.  Some are near flawless with no artifacts, while others are not so good.   

Yamalia

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 11:21:37 AM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 11:24:47 AM »
All BluRay's are not the same in terms of quality.  Some are near flawless with no artifacts, while others are not so good.  

That's true of regular DVD, laserdisc, VHS, reel-to-reel, CD, cassettes.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »
speak on this fellas.

I bought my girlfriend a samsung Tv 1080 full hd shiznit but she has a regular DVD player.
so I was wondering if there was a big difference between blue-ray and regular dvds or it's only 5-10% better ?

speak on this, people in the know !

There is a BIG difference...depending on the Blu-Ray. For example, take The Dark Knight Blu-Ray, the picture quality is AMAZING! But then you take The Terminator Blu-Ray and although there's a slight difference in picture quality, it's not all that noticeable.

So again, depends on the Blu-Ray movie.

And by the way, Stavios, she better be suckin' you dry EVERY NIGHT for you to be buying her that shit. LOL!

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 11:36:20 AM »
There is a BIG difference...depending on the Blu-Ray. For example, take The Dark Knight Blu-Ray, the picture quality is AMAZING! But then you take The Terminator Blu-Ray and although there's a slight difference in picture quality, it's not all that noticeable.

So again, depends on the Blu-Ray movie.

And by the way, Stavios, she better be suckin' you dry EVERY NIGHT for you to be buying her that shit. LOL!

You are seeing things.  Get a dvd player that up converts to 1080p and you won't be able to tell the difference between the dvd and the blu ray disc.  Blu ray isn't that great.

Stavios

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »
thanks for the advices guys !

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2009, 11:45:09 AM »
thanks for the advices guys !

How much did you pay for the blu-ray player?  200?  The blu-ray discs average 30 a piece, you shouldn't have wasted your money.

Stavios

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2009, 11:49:03 AM »
How much did you pay for the blu-ray player?  200?  The blu-ray discs average 30 a piece, you shouldn't have wasted your money.

haven't bought anything yet !

spinnis

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2009, 11:50:51 AM »

you can DOWNLOAD bluray movies.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2009, 12:01:47 PM »
you can DOWNLOAD bluray movies.

Yes you can...but

A. A 50 pack of dual layer re-writable blu ray discs is over a THOUSAND dollars.

B. If you have your blu-ray player hooked up to the internet and play a burned blu-ray disc, sony will blackball your player.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2009, 12:09:19 PM »
haven't bought anything yet !

Stavios,

Go to www.slickdeals.net.   The price for the PS3 at Dell has already dropped to $304.  I still think it will hit the $250 range, but this is the lowest price I've seen for the system.
Y

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2009, 12:12:29 PM »
speak on this fellas.

I bought my girlfriend a samsung Tv 1080 full hd shiznit but she has a regular DVD player.
so I was wondering if there was a big difference between blue-ray and regular dvds or it's only 5-10% better ?

speak on this, people in the know !

Roy Orbison definitely think they are.

As empty as paradise

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2009, 12:12:38 PM »
Stavios,

Go to www.slickdeals.net.   The price for the PS3 at Dell has already dropped to $304.  I still think it will hit the $250 range, but this is the lowest price I've seen for the system.

That website blows, all those links are wrong.  The ps3 on dells site is 339.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »
You are seeing things.  Get a dvd player that up converts to 1080p and you won't be able to tell the difference between the dvd and the blu ray disc.  Blu ray isn't that great.
up-converting dvd players only do 1080i. As i said before there is a big difference. The color and contrast on blu-ray is remarkable. I normally just buy dvds, unless i know the movie is kickass and is packed with special effects, then i go blu-ray.
A

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2009, 12:23:42 PM »
up-converting dvd players only do 1080i. As i said before there is a big difference. The color and contrast on blu-ray is remarkable. I normally just buy dvds, unless i know the movie is kickass and is packed with special effects, then i go blu-ray.

If you honestly think you can tell the difference between I and P you are an idiot.  Let me guess, you also want to get a 120 hz tv too?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2009, 01:25:22 PM »
That website blows, all those links are wrong.  The ps3 on dells site is 339.

You're wrong.  You get an additional $23 further down the page, bringing it to the $316 it says on the front page.  You get it to $304 with a Dell Preferred Acct, which you can get easily.

The site doesn't suck.  They filter out and reject any crap that comes to them.   I've purchased things listed there at crazy numbers, including a micro SD card that I got for NEGATIVE $7 after all discounts.....
Y

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2009, 01:50:59 PM »
If you honestly think you can tell the difference between I and P you are an idiot.  Let me guess, you also want to get a 120 hz tv too?
humm... you the retard that think up-converting players do 1080p ::)
Yes i do have a 120 hrz tv, I don't fuck around, i love action movies ;)
A

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2009, 04:31:54 PM »

They play near 1080p, you moron.  ::)

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2009, 10:18:23 PM »
humm... you the retard that think up-converting players do 1080p ::)
Yes i do have a 120 hrz tv, I don't fuck around, i love action movies ;)

120 hz is retarded.  Everything looks like its in fast forward, tv's weren't meant to be 120hz...

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2009, 10:21:14 PM »
They play near 1080p, you moron.  ::)

"RCA DRC285

They say you only get one chance to make a first impression. The entire enclosure of this DVD player is made of plastic, that simply screams cheap. However, that plastic is only skin deep, because in this case it’s what’s on the inside that counts. The RCA DRC285 does have 1080p upconversion via HDMI, and it has a 2.0 USB port. There is also a component video output, but you do not get the upconversion ability through it. One note about most of today’s USB ports on these DVD players though- don’t expect to plug in your USB powered portable hard drive. These players do not have enough power to run these devices. Flash drives and MP3 players, which use less power, generally are no problem."

Kill yourself

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2009, 05:12:33 PM »
Get the PS3. I download movies at a torrent site and then put them on my memory stick, plug it into the PS3 and it works great. Just watched Taken today, killer movie. That feature alone makes the PS3 worth every penny to me.
E

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2009, 05:18:08 PM »
Get the PS3. I download movies at a torrent site and then put them on my memory stick, plug it into the PS3 and it works great. Just watched Taken today, killer movie. That feature alone makes the PS3 worth every penny to me.

I watched taken last night, that movie was simply amazing.  I didn't think Liam Neeson had it in him to make a movie with that much action.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2009, 05:40:12 PM »

whats some good places to get movies
DAWG

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2009, 05:41:06 PM »
whats some good places to get movies

This is the only place I use. Seems to have everything you could want.

http://btjunkie.org/
E

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2009, 05:41:07 PM »