Author Topic: Best way  (Read 1539 times)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Best way
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:06:43 PM »
to cut my kittens nails.  Loca freaks a bit.  I think I either need to knock her out, or wrap her in a towel.  SHe just isn't used to it i guess.  Any tried and true methods?  I have a bottle of vodka.  I've never cut a kittens naisl, so i don't want to hurt her if she struggles.  My dog wasn't too bad until he got older, then i had to wrestle his little ass.  Also it's hard to see the quick, she is only 7 weeks old. 

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Best way
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 07:41:40 AM »
truthfully, you really shouldn't have to clip them.  If you do, you just need to clip the tip of them.  I never clip my cats & they're always in good shape.  She takes care of them on her own.  My dogs on the other hand....I do about every 2-3 weeks like clock work.  I can't stand seeing a dog with long nails.  It's not good for them & when they get too long, it's really hard to get them short.  You have to stay on top of them all the time.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
I've never heard of clipping a cat's nails  ???
but then again  :-\ I'm not a cat person

Okay, yah, I know  ::) I have the welfare kitties.  Seems they frequently use a tree like a scratching post, but I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish  ???

Welfare = not having to work for food or shelter  :P
:

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:36:52 PM »
I've never heard of clipping a cat's nails  ???
but then again  :-\ I'm not a cat person

Okay, yah, I know  ::) I have the welfare kitties.  Seems they frequently use a tree like a scratching post, but I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish  ???

Welfare = not having to work for food or shelter  :P

sounds like they are fairing well.  Did you see that, see what I did.  BAM!!! i'm a cunning linguist lol.  Her nails are scratching the hell out of me.  She has a scratching post and all that.  but i'm tired of bleeding lol.