Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage

(1/308) > >>

Pet shop boys:
If the remastered never before seen footage of the most controversial bodybuilding contest of all time is finally released., And all the comparison shots from the back shows Dickeson in better shape than Arnold, and all the booing after Arnold is called the winner is evident.  

Would you be surprised ? Buy the DVD ?

Would it hurt Arnold's bodybuilding legacy or simply make it more relevant for younger generation that would get to see Arnold in a bodybuilding contest in a more realistic approach than Pumping Iron  ?

Woooshhhhhhhh.    2015.  

Vince B:
I took a lot of photos of the 1980 Mr Olympia which was in Sydney. During the finals I was shooting colour slides and got a mate in the row in front of me

to take a video. Would you believe most of that was ruined because he got so excited he started stamping his feet. I haven't looked at it to see if I

recorded the booing at the end. This mate was cheering for Roger Walker who made the finals and thus all the excitement. What a shame

because I was in a great position in the middle of the Concert Hall and we would have had a good view of what happened.

Alucard:
Controversial only because Arnold shouldn't have been allowed to compete, not because he was undeserving of the title, won fair and square in my opinion... Most controversial? Hardly... Mr Basile himself, if i remember correctly, said that Arnold was booed for a moment, cheered after...

Mr Anabolic:
Booing or not... the video does not lie.  Arnold (25lbs lighter than he was previously) was the best bodybuilder on that day.

Get over it.

oldtimer1:

--- Quote from: Mr Anabolic on January 06, 2015, 05:04:09 AM ---Booing or not... the video does not lie.  Arnold (25lbs lighter than he was previously) was the best bodybuilder on that day.

Get over it.

--- End quote ---

True, the video really shows even when Arnold was 80% he was still better than the rest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version