Author Topic: 2009 Australian Pro GP IX - Update - Athlete List  (Read 42082 times)

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: 2009 Australian Pro GP IX - Update - Athlete List
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2009, 02:23:59 PM »
It's Not like they don't have many competitors the list is huge and with Dexter there it doesn't get much higher standard.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2009, 04:19:34 PM »
It's Not like they don't have many competitors the list is huge and with Dexter there it doesn't get much higher standard.

Toney Freeman, Dennis James, Sivio Samuel & Kai Green.

Yeah terrible standard and if Lee makes it it will be a real bonus.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2009, 04:20:20 PM »
I think also that Con Demetriou is a Greek. He lives in Australia.

Both Con and Michael have Australian passports.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
Dexter came back and won my show last year, 2008, stupid. Then he went on to win the Olympia. He wont be doing my show this as he is spending the whole year getting ready for the next MrO. 

Thanks for the spelling lesson and the IQ assessment, I don't know how I got this far in life without you.

Now put that thinking cap back on and see what you come up with you mental giant.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »
People here say Mr Graham is nothing in BB in your country

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2009, 05:19:41 PM »

People can say what they like, Paul still runs bb in Australia. He has always had my respect and always will. He gave me a chance 21 years ago and has always stuck by me.

No one gets their pro card in Australia without Paul's approval. She earned it and did quite well with it.

I could not have started the pro show here without his blessing either, what's your point?

Do you ever have anything pleasant to say or is it all doom and gloom in your world? (serious question)

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2009, 09:47:52 PM »
Lee is going in for surgery this Wednesday which will make it impossible to compete on March 14th.

He will still be there to meet and greet the fans and to have a chat on stage.

I guess that will make the haters kind of happy. (Like rooting their own relations)

I didn't include him as a competing athlete on the poster just in case this happened.  See you in 2010 Lee, always welcome in my show.

Tony

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2009, 05:00:25 AM »

Reading through this thread its clearly obvious you dont know what you are talking about - the Con comments are way, AVBG is correct.

Of course Amanda got her pro card through Paul. Same way Americans get theirs through Manion or whoever dishes them out in the USA, and same way my people get them through the IFBB head honcho down here. Its a pointless statement to make.

No one wakes up and finds a pro card in their bathroom sink, they are get them from someone/where, so I don't see your point.

And off topic, but why you insist you are a black woman I don't know, I can pick my sistas out a mile away and you are so obviously male ::)

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2009, 02:06:25 PM »
Lee is going in for surgery this Wednesday which will make it impossible to compete on March 14th.

He will still be there to meet and greet the fans and to have a chat on stage.

I guess that will make the haters kind of happy. (Like rooting their own relations)

I didn't include him as a competing athlete on the poster just in case this happened.  See you in 2010 Lee, always welcome in my show.

Tony

Seems Hank was RIGHT again he called this months ago. Lee was never going to do this show. :'(

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2009, 05:49:29 PM »
I made the call months ago!

I have been proven correct.

Now, let the show go on!

It is time to wipe the slate clean. 

There has been a lot said about the Aussie line-up.  At the end of the day, i hope for a successful show.

Yes, i was right in my call.  And yes, i endured a tirade of abuse for it!  However, it is time to move on.

New Hank Wood.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »
Welcome back Hank I am sure Mr D will stop with all the name calling now as all you did was state the Truth. :-\

I said I would post as soon as I knew something, as I did.

Hank is capable of wishing us well and I am sure there is a good side to him.

You on the other hand are still boring, predictable, stupid, negative, unpopular and confused.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2009, 07:30:32 PM »
I made one negative post about your Show. I wish you all the Best all I have said is the 10k Prize money seems LOW.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2009, 07:39:00 PM »

This is the first time you have wished me well, your comments about prizemoney are repeated over and over, long after you made you point. You are constantly having little digs and trying to get a bite.  Perhaps I got you mixed up with godfather along the way.

Maybe this can be a turning point. I try to answer all the questions that I can, including the ones about Lee, Paul, prize money and anything you come up with.

There you go, I made a post without calling you any names.....

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2009, 08:57:15 PM »
Tony, you have always been community spirited. 

And yes, you do have an unquestionable passion for the sport. 

Again, i wish you well for this year's show. 

The economic climate is biting us all. I hope you come out ahead (profit wise) with this one.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2009, 01:17:18 AM »
Tony, you have always been community spirited. 

And yes, you do have an unquestionable passion for the sport. 

Again, i wish you well for this year's show. 

The economic climate is biting us all. I hope you come out ahead (profit wise) with this one.

???

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2009, 03:03:53 AM »
Top 3:

Silvio
Toney
Kai.

Not in any particular order.

Christopher Belinksky

• Getbig III
  • The Coach loves sticky studs!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2009, 12:26:58 AM »
silvio
toney
kai

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2009, 02:01:32 PM »
Priest 1st and Wood 2nd to hand out Trophies.

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2009, 12:24:29 PM »
Wow, I cant believe so many girls here are waging war on TD. I suspect you all secretly have a fetish for his connections as this is the closest you can get to a private session.

On a neutral standpoint (as are all of you, lol) I will relate to you my accounts of Toney from years past.

I attended his Pro Shows in 01, 02, 03 and 04. They were all great shows and were enjoyed not only be many fans but by the athletes as well. On many occasions, seasoned pro's have mentioned to me (and other Pro's) that the Australian G.P. was one of the best shows they have ever competed in. Toney takes care of needs in regards to food availability, cooking facilities, travel and accomodation expenses and running of the show (and MC'ing). The athletes also mention that the fans are the best they have encountered and they do well in $$$ from merchandise sold.

My friends and I (who have attended many Pro Shows) have always enjoyed the Aussie GP. I say if you havent been there, you cant give an opinion.

And my wife shares the same values - bigger isnt always better.

Hope to see you this year Tony. Its about time I visited Oz again.
Deputy Editor

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2009, 03:20:47 PM »
  Or

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2009, 09:01:49 PM »
Wow, I cant believe so many girls here are waging war on TD. I suspect you all secretly have a fetish for his connections as this is the closest you can get to a private session.

On a neutral standpoint (as are all of you, lol) I will relate to you my accounts of Toney from years past.

I attended his Pro Shows in 01, 02, 03 and 04. They were all great shows and were enjoyed not only be many fans but by the athletes as well. On many occasions, seasoned pro's have mentioned to me (and other Pro's) that the Australian G.P. was one of the best shows they have ever competed in. Toney takes care of needs in regards to food availability, cooking facilities, travel and accomodation expenses and running of the show (and MC'ing). The athletes also mention that the fans are the best they have encountered and they do well in $$$ from merchandise sold.

My friends and I (who have attended many Pro Shows) have always enjoyed the Aussie GP. I say if you havent been there, you cant give an opinion.

And my wife shares the same values - bigger isnt always better.

Hope to see you this year Tony. Its about time I visited Oz again.

Thanks for your nice comments Kris, we must be doing something right, it is the 9th pro show this year and shaping up real well. It would be fantastic to see you again, let me know for sure so I can show you the best hospitality possible. I will put away a couple of press passes for you until you tell me otherwise.

wgtnmuscle1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2009, 12:43:21 PM »
well i think some of you should show respect to tony

he puts on a great show every year..and doesnt see his family for almost 2 month while getting the show ready
i have been to a couple of his show's he also has time to chat with the fans as well

if it wasnt for tony puting in the hard work there wouldnt be a pro show every year

i wont be there this year as have 2 show's getting ready for

may see you in 2010 or 2011 tony :):):)

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »
MMMMMMMM!! I wonder if my great mate "HANK" will make an appearance at the show??

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2009, 08:09:37 PM »
MMMMMMMM!! I wonder if my great mate "HANK" will make an appearance at the show??
I got the news that you're back in action, Luke, and meaning serious business.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2009, 09:25:27 PM »
I got the news that you're back in action, Luke, and meaning serious business.

Well im doing ok mate. But don't let the getbiggers know, they will think im making a comeback and than i would be open to all sorts of abuse! LOL! ;D