Author Topic: Jesus is The Sun of God.  (Read 26384 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Jesus is the sun of god.
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2014, 09:31:12 AM »
And what are these "tales, legends, and myths"?  Please do list them and then list where anything about Jesus Christ was borrowed "heavily" from pagan religions that came "before it."  Please substantiate your bold claims!
Please read this link. It explains it all in great detail.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdullah_smith/cross_pagan_origins.htm

Again, I am not trying to say my views or right, nor am I trying to denounce Christianity to believers. I am merely showing some information on a different viewpoint.

I do believe that the info found in the link provided, makes more sense to me, rather then taking the bible/Christianity at face value.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2014, 09:46:57 AM »
Please read this link. It explains it all in great detail.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdullah_smith/cross_pagan_origins.htm

Again, I am not trying to say my views or right, nor am I trying to denounce Christianity to believers. I am merely showing some information on a different viewpoint.

I do believe that the info found in the link provided, makes more sense to me, rather then taking the bible/Christianity at face value.

Read the link?  Don't you have a mind of your own, an opinion of your own?  

I am familiar with the alleged "Cross Pagan Origins" of Jesus Christ or "Jesus Myth Hypothesis."  Ironically, these claims are inventions themselves with nothing to back them up.  The similarities are invented.

For example:  Horus(the sun of god) and Jesus were both born on December 25th, is one of the alleged similarities.

Guess what:  Neither Horus nor Jesus were born on December 25th.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2014, 10:31:08 AM »
Read the link?  Don't you have a mind of your own, an opinion of your own?  

I am familiar with the alleged "Cross Pagan Origins" of Jesus Christ or "Jesus Myth Hypothesis."  Ironically, these claims are inventions themselves with nothing to back them up.  The similarities are invented.

For example:  Horus(the sun of god) and Jesus were both born on December 25th, is one of the alleged similarities.

Guess what:  Neither Horus nor Jesus were born on December 25th.
There is nothing to back anything up. You either believe or you dont.

This is what stands out to me:

The cross was a sacred symbol well before Jesus

Easter has pagan roots

Jesus was not born on Christmas, and Christmas also has pagan roots

There have been many gods over the ages that have died and have been resurrected.

The stories in the bible were originally meant to be taken literally, but now even many devout Christians claim otherwise.

I make no distinction between Christ, Egyptian gods, Greek gods, or any other gods or religions in world history.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
There is nothing to back anything up. You either believe or you dont.

This is what stands out to me:

The cross was a sacred symbol well before Jesus

Easter has pagan roots

Jesus was not born on Christmas, and Christmas also has pagan roots

There have been many gods over the ages that have died and have been resurrected.

The stories in the bible were originally meant to be taken literally, but now even many devout Christians claim otherwise.

I make no distinction between Christ, Egyptian gods, Greek gods, or any other gods or religions in world history.

So according to you, to say that Jesus Christ died is plagiarism because many people have died too.   ::)

I suppose next you'll say that everything about Kennedy was plagiarized from Lincoln.

I mean...come on...look:

Both presidents were elected to the presidency in '60.

Both presidents were elected to the House of Representatives in '46.

Both were runners-up for the party's nomination for vice-president in '56.

Both assassins were born in '39.

Both successors were Southern Democrats named Johnson born in '08.

Both presidents were concerned with the problems of American blacks and made their view strongly known in '63. Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation in 1862, which became law in 1863. In 1963, Kennedy presented his reports to Congress on Civil Rights, and the same year was the famous March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.

Both presidents were shot in the head.

Both presidents were shot on a Friday.

Lincoln was shot at Ford's Theatre. Kennedy was shot in a Ford car; a Lincoln limousine.

Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy who told him not to go to the theatre. Kennedy had a secretary
named Evelyn Lincoln (whose husband Harold's nickname was Abe), and she warned him not to go to Dallas.

Both Oswald and Booth were assassinated before they could be put on trial.

Lincoln and Kennedy each have 7 letters.

John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald each have 15 letters.

There are 6 letters in each Johnson's first name.

Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and hid in a warehouse, while Oswald shot Kennedy in a warehouse and hid in a theater.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »
So according to you, to say that Jesus Christ died is plagiarism because many people have died too.   ::)

I suppose next you'll say that everything about Kennedy was plagiarized from Lincoln.

I mean...come on...look:

Both presidents were elected to the presidency in '60.

Both presidents were elected to the House of Representatives in '46.

Both were runners-up for the party's nomination for vice-president in '56.

Both assassins were born in '39.

Both successors were Southern Democrats named Johnson born in '08.

Both presidents were concerned with the problems of American blacks and made their view strongly known in '63. Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation in 1862, which became law in 1863. In 1963, Kennedy presented his reports to Congress on Civil Rights, and the same year was the famous March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.

Both presidents were shot in the head.

Both presidents were shot on a Friday.

Lincoln was shot at Ford's Theatre. Kennedy was shot in a Ford car; a Lincoln limousine.

Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy who told him not to go to the theatre. Kennedy had a secretary
named Evelyn Lincoln (whose husband Harold's nickname was Abe), and she warned him not to go to Dallas.

Both Oswald and Booth were assassinated before they could be put on trial.

Lincoln and Kennedy each have 7 letters.

John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald each have 15 letters.

There are 6 letters in each Johnson's first name.

Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and hid in a warehouse, while Oswald shot Kennedy in a warehouse and hid in a theater.
You win. I will be a Christian from this day forward.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2014, 01:51:42 PM »
You win. I will be a Christian from this day forward.
You were religious at one time.  Non-Religious people do NOT get tattoos of praying angels on their chest.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2014, 02:00:37 PM »
You were religious at one time.  Non-Religious people do NOT get tattoos of praying angels on their chest.
I dont associate prayer with religion.

I can wish for the health and happiness of my friends and family, without having a denomination.

Since I say a prayer every night, that tattoo has meaning for me.

See loco, that is called having a mind of my own.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2014, 02:05:02 PM »
:D 

I would really like to get some Christian views on this.

I hope it's not just "The I have faith" canned response.

I'm not Christian or any other organized religion. With all due respect, I don't cum on getbig for serious debate on religion LOL

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2014, 02:10:28 PM »
I'm not Christian or any other organized religion. With all due respect, I don't cum on getbig for serious debate on religion LOL
You would have made a great Mormon.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2014, 02:27:49 PM »

I can wish for the health and happiness of my friends and family, without having a denomination.

To whom do you pray?  Do you believe in angels?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2014, 02:34:24 PM »
To whom do you pray?  Do you believe in angels?
I pray to the universe in general.

Basically I am just talking aloud to my conscience.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2014, 02:36:36 PM »

Basically I am just talking aloud to my conscience.

Do you believe in angels?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2014, 02:45:35 PM »
Do you believe in angels?
Winged people that descend from the sky? No.

I also have the grim reaper on one arm, and a dragon on the other.

I do not believe in those either :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2014, 02:52:09 PM »

^^^^^ Jesus  ???

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2014, 02:57:50 PM »

Do you believe that the universe listens to your prayers?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2014, 03:02:54 PM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »
Do you believe that the universe listens to your prayers?

No. I basically do it for myself.

More like a nightly wishful thinking.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2014, 03:12:51 PM »
now your giving him what he wants to hear ^^

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2015, 01:56:43 PM »

How are those prayers working?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »
How are those prayers working?
Prayers dont get answered. Sometimes things happen which coincide with things that people pray for.

Its mere coincidence. God would not answer only certain people's prayers and not others.

I guess I do it more out of habit then anything these days.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2015, 03:35:48 PM »

Hugh Jackman interview on what is God, very good, resonate with where he's coming from.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2015, 08:04:19 PM »
The entire bible is subject to interpretation. The stories/fables in the bible depicted a way of living a life that was honorable (maybe not the Old Testament bc stories used were pretty barbaric) like a learning tool used to encourage a certain way of life and help explain things without scientific discoveries.

The Council of Nicaea is thought to have been more a meeting of minds to clear up Jesus's relationship to God. Some felt Jesus was not "One" with God the Father and that he was a type of Prophet, others believed Jesus and God were both of one entity. Either way the fact that Scholors and Bishops were debating important facets of Christianity even back then provides evidence that the interpretation of the bible is subjective and certainly can not be taken as fact.

Do you honestly believe Jonah was in a giant fish for three days and lived? Virgin birth etc. is there any other evidence that Jesus was indeed crucified, stabbed with a lance and rose from the dead 3 days later other than in the Bible? What evidence is there besides the fact that his body wasn't in the tomb? is the next logical step to assume he rose from the dead? How would that story play out today? I'm a mortician, I have a new body on my table and he's been confirmed as dead. I go home for the weekend and when I get back the body is gone, can I legitimately say the deceased came back to life and just left?

Get some objective research on The Gnostic Gospels also it doesn't coencide with Christianities plight.

Also the translation of the bible can't even be verified to be completely accurate, how can it be the only foundation of your religion.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2015, 08:28:46 PM »
Sounds like a dead end job.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2015, 02:00:57 AM »
The entire bible is subject to interpretation. The stories/fables in the bible depicted a way of living a life that was honorable (maybe not the Old Testament bc stories used were pretty barbaric) like a learning tool used to encourage a certain way of life and help explain things without scientific discoveries.

The Council of Nicaea is thought to have been more a meeting of minds to clear up Jesus's relationship to God. Some felt Jesus was not "One" with God the Father and that he was a type of Prophet, others believed Jesus and God were both of one entity. Either way the fact that Scholors and Bishops were debating important facets of Christianity even back then provides evidence that the interpretation of the bible is subjective and certainly can not be taken as fact.

Do you honestly believe Jonah was in a giant fish for three days and lived? Virgin birth etc. is there any other evidence that Jesus was indeed crucified, stabbed with a lance and rose from the dead 3 days later other than in the Bible? What evidence is there besides the fact that his body wasn't in the tomb? is the next logical step to assume he rose from the dead? How would that story play out today? I'm a mortician, I have a new body on my table and he's been confirmed as dead. I go home for the weekend and when I get back the body is gone, can I legitimately say the deceased came back to life and just left?

Get some objective research on The Gnostic Gospels also it doesn't coencide with Christianities plight.

Also the translation of the bible can't even be verified to be completely accurate, how can it be the only foundation of your religion.

Indeed.

Question: as a mortician have you a concept of non existence, complete termination of life with the death of the body? Why else would you call yourself Atheist? Dealing with dead bodies would surely make ones mind dwell on such things.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2015, 02:11:14 AM »
I don't see how anyone intelligent could believe in 'The Force' or whatever religion preaches.