Author Topic: Need Your Prayers - Off BBing Topics  (Read 14828 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: Need Your Prayers - Off BBing Topics
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2007, 09:08:23 PM »
My God, man!  This is Getbig, not Mayhem!  Fuck that 20 year old guy Joe's wife knows with the kidney stone, "The Coach" has a show to train for!  He's carrying the weight of the Ironage on his back here!  Not only that, he's fighting a one-man campaign against the use of insulin in the sport!  Not until you've either won your weight class, or died for us bitches, Joe...sorry.   ;D

Good shit.  You newbies take notes.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2007, 09:18:04 PM »
$20 bucks says he's already eaten a cookie. 

The Coach

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2007, 09:19:45 PM »
My God, man!  This is Getbig, not Mayhem!  Fuck that 20 year old guy Joe's wife knows with the kidney stone, "The Coach" has a show to train for!  He's carrying the weight of the Ironage on his back here!  Not only that, he's fighting a one-man campaign against the use of insulin in the sport!  Not until you've either won your weight class, or died for us bitches, Joe...sorry.  ;D

20 year old guy? I helped (or tried too) raise that "20 year old guy" since he was 6, even thought I'm divorced from my ex, I still consider him my son, and that "stone" as you call it, is most likely malignant. Damn Jeff, WTF? >:(

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2007, 09:23:03 PM »
My God, man!  This is Getbig, not Mayhem!  Fuck that 20 year old guy Joe's wife knows with the kidney stone, "The Coach" has a show to train for!  He's carrying the weight of the Ironage on his back here!  Not only that, he's fighting a one-man campaign against the use of insulin in the sport!  Not until you've either won your weight class, or died for us bitches, Joe...sorry.  ;D

::)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2007, 09:28:03 PM »
20 year old guy? I helped (or tried too) raise that "20 year old guy" since he was 6, even thought I'm divorced from my ex, I still consider him my son, and that "stone" as you call it, is most likely malignant. Damn Jeff, WTF? >:(

The number one way to combat cancer is to THINK POSITIVELY.  This is a test, Joe; this is simply a test.  Keep going, Joe, or you may regret this for the rest of your life.    

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2007, 09:28:39 PM »
Well, lets see.  Cirrhosis of the liver can lead to portal hypertension, which can cause vessels to rupture (Down your gastric tract) which might might explain the gastric bleeding. 

Also, since the liver isn't working as well due to the cirrhosis, see about whether the kid is being placed on any lactulose to stop the potential for Hepatic encephalopathy. 

The tumor in the kidney, if as small as you say it is, might be eradicated without any major concern unless it has metastasized. 

Either way, stick with him coach and provide him with your support and prayers..

"1"

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2007, 09:32:34 PM »
Coach, you and your family are in my prayers!!!

I am so happy that there are christian getbiggers on here!!

joshk

• Getbig I
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2007, 09:44:03 PM »
You and your son are in my prayers. Remain faithful and be strong. He is going to be okay!

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2007, 10:00:17 PM »
I'll be praying for him Coach
I am a mini beast

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2007, 10:00:48 PM »
Not to even compare the severity of these 2 situations but to give you hope.

One of my good friends did heavy lifting at his work and had developed
three knots that stuck out on his lower abdomen area which caused him
great pain at times. He went to the dock and he said they were hernias.
I had seen these knots several times because he had them for months but
didn't have money for surgery. He told me an incredible story about him and his wife
having an encounter with God alone at home. He told me he woke up the next morning
and all three of the knots were gone. He had them for months and then one night after
this encounter they were gone. I had to see for myself because it was hard to believe
but I saw the next day with my own eyes. It definately affected my faith.

In an attempt to understand the depression that often accompanies hospitalization, Duke University researchers assessed 1,000 hospital patients from 1987 to 1989; patients who drew on religious practices, including prayer, were found to cope far better than those who didn't.

In the most widely publicized studies of the effect of intercessory prayer, cardiologist Randolph Byrd studied 393 patients admitted to the coronary-care unit at San Francisco General Hospital. Some were prayed for by home-prayer groups, others were not. All the men and women got medical care. In this randomized, double-blind study, neither the doctors and nurses nor the patients knew who would be the object of prayer.

The results were dramatic and surprised many scientists.The men and women whose medical care was supplemented with prayer needed fewer drugs and spent less time on ventilators. They also fared better overall than their counterparts who received medical care but nothing more. The prayed-for patients were:

* Significantly less likely to require antibiotics (3 patients versus 16)

* Significantly less likely to develop pulmonary edema-a condition in which the lungs fill with fluid because the heart cannot pump properly (6 versus 18).

* Significantly less likely to require insertion of a tube into the throat to assist breathing (0 versus 12).

Not everyone that gets prayer is healed or even necessarily gets better (or we could all live forever)
but I do believe in the power of prayer and that in a way that is beyond my comprehension makes a big difference.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2007, 03:03:09 AM »
dont give up,,never give up,,no matter how hard the situation is dont ever give up fighting
we'll put your son in our prayers
fallen angel

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2007, 05:16:29 AM »
Your stepson, you and the rest of his family are in my prayers, Coach!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2007, 08:52:55 AM »
sorry to hear about your stepson Coach I will pray for you both.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »
im gonna send a prayer up right now/

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2007, 09:23:29 AM »
prayers to you and your family Joe.

hope situation gets better.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »
$

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2007, 03:53:15 PM »
Sorry to hear it Joe...............all the best to him.

Stay strong.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2007, 01:47:34 AM »
Joe, I'm sorry I didn't see this until now... I'll pray for your stepson

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2007, 08:59:17 PM »
 :(

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2007, 09:20:37 PM »
Early this morning my stepson, who turns 20 on Sunday and whom I'm close too, called me yesterday saying he was he had stomach cramps and was thowing up blood, I told to immediatly go to the ER, when he got there they ran some tests and said he had some perferations in the lining of his stomach wall and that was causing the bleeding. They sent him home and he texts me about 1:30am and when he went to the bathroom he had blood in is stool, again, I told him to get back the the ER and I would meet him there. He said don't worry about it and he would call me later.

He finally calls me at 5:30am and after extensive tests came to the conclusion that he was on the verge of cirrhosis of the liver along with the stomach bleeding, it gets more nerve racking.........while the were running the tests they find a tumor on his kidney, he went for more tests today and a biopsy is scheduled for later on this weeks, the ultra sound showed that it was a tumor about the size of a gum ball and since the tumor was hard and not soft like a cyst, it's more than likely cancer, needless to say I'm pretty devastated right now, but I'm reaching out to everyone for prayers for him.........even if you don't believe in God or prayers thoughts would be nice.

I wish you luck, since prayers have no statistically demonstrated effect on anything.
I hate the State.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2008, 11:50:43 PM »
I also will pray. Keep your head up.