Author Topic: PETA: For it or against it?  (Read 2330 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
PETA: For it or against it?
« on: March 07, 2007, 03:45:46 AM »
Before you answer with the thought that PETA is there to just protect "abused" animals, go to their site and read what their slogan is.

Against...........I love eating chicken and steak!

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: PETA: For it or against it?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 05:47:38 AM »
I am definitely against Peta.  They are a wacky bunch. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 05:53:53 AM »
Before you answer with the thought that PETA is there to just protect "abused" animals, go to their site and read what their slogan is.

Against...........I love eating chicken and steak!

PETA = idiots, most of them are hot but idiots all the same
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 07:00:51 AM »
I think there should be some kind of group to watch over us and make sure we're not abusing animals. PETA shouldn't be that group though, they're lunatics.

Against PETA but for the idea of a watchdog group.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 07:03:16 AM »

Don't have time to give a damn about PETA these days, but hated them when I was in high school.  Since then, though, they've been totally irrelevant. 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 07:16:25 AM »
   Against it. Red meat is my favorite food, and PETA has engaged in acts of terrorism. Anyone see them on Penn & Teller's show?

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 07:17:11 AM »
And of course owning and having a pet is not approved! Lol, some owners take better care of their pets then themselves!

We at PETA very much love the animal companions who share our homes, but we believe that it would have been in the animals' best interests if the institution of "pet keeping"—i.e., breeding animals to be kept and regarded as "pets"—never existed. The international pastime of domesticating animals has created an overpopulation crisis; as a result, millions of unwanted animals are destroyed every year as "surplus." This selfish desire to possess animals and receive love from them causes immeasurable suffering, which results from manipulating their breeding, selling or giving them away casually, and depriving them of the opportunity to engage in their natural behavior. Their lives are restricted to human homes where they must obey commands and can only eat, drink, and even urinate when humans allow them to.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 08:19:27 AM »
I am against pets and animals rights.

With that being said, I think some consideration needs to be taken for animals.

Why?

Because research has shown that stressed animals could mean bad meat. ;)

My position is clear: I don't give a fcuk about animals, but I care about humans. And if giving eg chickens better lives will result in better quality meat, than I'm all gung ho.

One thing I'm worried about, is how 30 years ago, the breeding of a chicken took 80 days. Currently, it takes 32-33 days.

That progression just can't be all good. :-\

Sorry for the rant.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 08:55:34 AM »
I think there should be some kind of group to watch over us and make sure we're not abusing animals. PETA shouldn't be that group though, they're lunatics.

Against PETA but for the idea of a watchdog group.

ever heard of the ASPCA? but they don't care if we use animals for what they were intended for...food
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 09:01:07 AM »
ever heard of the ASPCA? but they don't care if we use animals for what they were intended for...food

Yep, the two dogs I've had in my life I got from them, a Shepherd and a Norwegian Elkhound.

Don't they have an issue with the way some animals are slaughtered?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 09:02:27 AM »
Yep, the two dogs I've had in my life I got from them, a Shepherd and a Norwegian Elkhound.

Don't they have an issue with the way some animals are slaughtered?

probably, I even don't like how some animals are killed but they aren't radical like PETA
gotta love life

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 10:01:09 AM »
For it, radical groups bring attention to large scale problems. So if we did not have peta then we would not have focus groups going after nuts that love to do sick things to animals, I'm for that.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 10:10:04 AM »
For it, radical groups bring attention to large scale problems. So if we did not have peta then we would not have focus groups going after nuts that love to do sick things to animals, I'm for that.
So you support a radical group that help to support a convicted arsonist that not only firebombed medical research clinics and labs, but also goes to colleges and gives people information on how to do it. Abuse is one thing, terrorism is another.

http://www.animalscam.com/references/peta_rodney1.cfm

http://www.activistcash.com/biography.cfm/bid/3255

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 10:12:48 AM »
Talk about a fringe group.  Those people are weird.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 10:27:06 AM »
So you support a radical group that help to support a convicted arsonist that not only firebombed medical research clinics and labs, but also goes to colleges and gives people information on how to do it. Abuse is one thing, terrorism is another.

http://www.animalscam.com/references/peta_rodney1.cfm

http://www.activistcash.com/biography.cfm/bid/3255

Yeah I support them, just as you support a president that surrounds himself with convicted criminals, that bomb and kill innocent people, in the name of terror, who also go to colleges and recruit young adults and train them on how to kill. Fighting for a cause is one thing, fighting on intelligence is another.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 10:36:22 AM »
Yeah I support them, just as you support a president that surrounds himself with convicted criminals, that bomb and kill innocent people, in the name of terror, who also go to colleges and recruit young adults and train them on how to kill. Fighting for a cause is one thing, fighting on intelligence is another.
Lol, go to colleges? That's funny! Try this: going to malls and finding unemployed youngsters and high unemployment rate cities. That I would believe more than colleges.

And if you believe Bush is the only "dirty" politician, then I can see why you support PETA. Hopefully you believe in holistic methods only cause that medicine you take is Animal tested. ;D

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 10:55:36 AM »
Lol, go to colleges? That's funny! Try this: going to malls and finding unemployed youngsters and high unemployment rate cities. That I would believe more than colleges.

And if you believe Bush is the only "dirty" politician, then I can see why you support PETA. Hopefully you believe in holistic methods only cause that medicine you take is Animal tested. ;D

Ok so you agreed with me they do go to colleges? I find it funny you find it funny that you don't think the army is trying to recruit a more skilled labor force for high in demand jobs. The Army has increased monetary incentives so much it's hard for these scrapping college kids not to take the option. Some can qualify for $20,000 in bonuses, and up to $104, 000 in college tuition.
Yeah I think we've all seen them at the mall and in shopping centers, thanks Captain Obvious.

Nothing wrong with holistic healthcare, it is useful in physical and emotional cases. I'm not opposed to animal testing, it's something that must be done...in some cases. I don't agree with them on all issues, but they serve a purpose.

And I don't think the white house has seen a more "dirty" group of politicians that the ones who occupy it now.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 01:39:55 PM »
Ok so you agreed with me they do go to colleges? I find it funny you find it funny that you don't think the army is trying to recruit a more skilled labor force for high in demand jobs. The Army has increased monetary incentives so much it's hard for these scrapping college kids not to take the option. Some can qualify for $20,000 in bonuses, and up to $104, 000 in college tuition.
Yeah I think we've all seen them at the mall and in shopping centers, thanks Captain Obvious.

Nothing wrong with holistic healthcare, it is useful in physical and emotional cases. I'm not opposed to animal testing, it's something that must be done...in some cases. I don't agree with them on all issues, but they serve a purpose.

And I don't think the white house has seen a more "dirty" group of politicians that the ones who occupy it now.

Lol, yeah these college kids are rushing to join the Army... ::)...here's something new: the Army is going to events to recruit:

So the military is exhausting every imaginable idea, effort and inducement to keep manpower up and attract qualified troops. Recruiters are hitting NASCAR events, rock concerts, rodeos and rib festivals, using custom-painted Humvees and other gimmicks to attract the masses like old-fashioned traveling salesmen.

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,FL_recruit_040105,00.html

Yeah I can see kids in college scraping for money, my wife lived off $150.00 a month, but joining the Army with the chance of being involved with war? Man these must be some "dumb" college kids.
The above sounds more realistic.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 02:25:34 PM »
Lol, yeah these college kids are rushing to join the Army... ::)...here's something new: the Army is going to events to recruit:

So the military is exhausting every imaginable idea, effort and inducement to keep manpower up and attract qualified troops. Recruiters are hitting NASCAR events, rock concerts, rodeos and rib festivals, using custom-painted Humvees and other gimmicks to attract the masses like old-fashioned traveling salesmen.

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,FL_recruit_040105,00.html

Yeah I can see kids in college scraping for money, my wife lived off $150.00 a month, but joining the Army with the chance of being involved with war? Man these must be some "dumb" college kids.
The above sounds more realistic.

It worked for the Army in July of 2005 after increasing incentives. I'm not debating you on the matters of recruitment, I just pointed out to BB that army as well as PETA are on college campuses, one exposing the other.

Yeah I've seen the humvees, and the 18 wheelers that pull a hydrolic ride that stimulates a fighter jet. Army recuitment has gone online and now they have a massive marketing program.

I can't remember where I was but some large high school, and the ARMY was hosting a fair. It was pretty weird to see, it was about 7 months after 9/11 near graduation date for the seniors, guess they picked up a few from the fun.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 02:37:06 PM »

against....... 100%

the organisation is a scam, and if you have the chance, google for penn and teller bullshit, they did a show about the truth behind PETA, also more video on the web
are you delusional?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 04:52:54 PM »
Wacko's. They don't care about people. They want to even ban fishing but They don't care if a developer builds a strip mall on a 1,000 acres of wetlands and animals are forced out. They could give a shit about aborted babies. They support radical, extremist eco-groups. They are trying to shove their agenda down our throats.
The House that Ruth built