Author Topic: Cheerleading a Sport? Another Blow for Bodybuilding.  (Read 3002 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Cheerleading a Sport? Another Blow for Bodybuilding.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 01:08:09 PM »
By your logic beauty pageants should be considered sports too and so any competition were "looks" are judged, which is essentially what bodybuilding is.  

It's not my logic I'm using the definitions of both athlete and sport. If women in a beauty pageant are required to do some kind of physical activity that is set to a standard then they are athletes and it is a sport, again this is by definition

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 01:37:27 PM »
It's not my logic I'm using the definitions of both athlete and sport. If women in a beauty pageant are required to do some kind of physical activity that is set to a standard then they are athletes and it is a sport, again this is by definition

been saying it for years

E
E

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »
Gonna disagree with you one this on Joe. By definition a bodybuilder is an athlete as they are proficient at a form of exercise. Also by definition bodybuilding is a sport as they're posing involves physical exertion and the poses themselves involve skill not only to perfect the pose, but to be able to contract the muscles in a coordinating manner.

ath·lete/ˈaTHlēt/Noun: A person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

sport/spôrt/Noun: An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

This is a long stretch of the semantic horizon of both words and the other defining concepts within the definitions.  It can be argued, though it looks forced to me when compared to the regular uses of those words.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2012, 06:06:26 PM »
This is a long stretch of the semantic horizon of both words and the other defining concepts within the definitions.  It can be argued, though it looks forced to me when compared to the regular uses of those words.

Opinions vary, facts are facts,  :)

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
Bbing is a true sport lots of injuries like falling down stairs, slipping on ice while getting in n out of your car, quad tears while training, ninja attacks, lower back injuries, injuries to biceps due to synthol use...

Bbing is a serious sport
:D :D
I actually spat out my beverage llaughing when i read this.