Author Topic: Need some cheap nootropic blend that I can put together  (Read 13704 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Need some cheap nootropic blend that I can put together
« on: June 22, 2011, 07:50:36 PM »
Brain being turned to mush in chemistry, need help. Cannot retain this much info nor stay attentive for 7 straight hours. I don't remember what is out there, tyrosine and what else? Help appreciated...

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: need some cheap nootropic blend that I can put together
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:11:44 PM »
Brain being turned to mush in chemistry, need help. Cannot retain this much info nor stay attentive for 7 straight hours. I don't remember what is out there, tyrosine and what else? Help appreciated...
vit E?  ???
A

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:37:09 PM »

stimulants of any sort, if you can still purchase cetams where you are, i would suggest picking up piracetam and cdp-choline or alpha-gpc

nicotine gum would be very good with some caffeine as well.

bacopa is an aryurvedic herb with nootropic properties as well, huperzine A increases aceytlcholine which may help with memory.

there is other things but thats a good start.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 08:37:46 PM »
"vinpocetine, DMAE, huperzineA and a B complex. All available at the vitamin shoppe.
Take a tablet/capsule of each. Wash down with coffee for additional alertness"

That was advice from a few coachs on another board a bit back. I'd throw some Tyrosine in also.

Tyrosine, Caffeine, and energy drink works decent for shorter things too.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 09:41:04 PM »
stimulants of any sort, if you can still purchase cetams where you are, i would suggest picking up piracetam and cdp-choline or alpha-gpc

nicotine gum would be very good with some caffeine as well.

bacopa is an aryurvedic herb with nootropic properties as well, huperzine A increases aceytlcholine which may help with memory.

there is other things but thats a good start.

Exactly what I needed thanks. I have dip for nicotine, the gum is way too damn expensive. Tried snus but that sucks...

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »
"vinpocetine, DMAE, huperzineA and a B complex. All available at the vitamin shoppe.
Take a tablet/capsule of each. Wash down with coffee for additional alertness"

That was advice from a few coachs on another board a bit back. I'd throw some Tyrosine in also.

Tyrosine, Caffeine, and energy drink works decent for shorter things too.

Perfect thanks!

What, if anything, does ephedrine do for memory, information retention?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 10:21:34 PM »
Go for the gold, Adderall 30mg

WHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!! !!!

you might be up for a few days but I guarantee you'll be focused like a laser and retain the whole book you read.

Jizzacked

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 10:26:38 PM »
ignoring stimulants for a second, I consulted with a cat who is fairly accomplished in the academia world some months back.  his recommendation was for oxiracetam, something he said had pretty amazing results.  take it at face value as I haven't tried it myself, but I will at some point most likely.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 10:30:43 PM »
ignoring stimulants for a second, I consulted with a cat who is fairly accomplished in the academia world some months back.  his recommendation was for oxiracetam, something he said had pretty amazing results.  take it at face value as I haven't tried it myself, but I will at some point most likely.

I would rather not go with stims, they are just a catch all for the short term while I work out what stack to run with.

After researching oxiracetam a bit, I need to stack it with a choline product of some kind? DMAE possibly? Hrm.....

Jizzacked

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 10:36:34 PM »
I would rather not go with stims, they are just a catch all for the short term while I work out what stack to run with.

After researching oxiracetam a bit, I need to stack it with a choline product of some kind? DMAE possibly? Hrm.....

I don't blame you on the stims, I am not a fan myself. ECA is my upper echelon of tolerance, anything more serious and I get serious angina issues.  I haven't looked into the finer details of oxiracetam so not sure on the choline matter, it's just what I have heard during my preliminary research into nootropics.  I posted a thread on here some time back on the subject, but it is somewhat of an obscure field and seems to have limited interest.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 10:48:29 PM »
Yeah, in my experience, ECA works well for short term activites/concentration. Long term try mellower things first.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 07:28:03 AM »

i take dextroamphetamine daily, nothing wrong with it at all.

Oxiracetam is ok, its a bit more expensive and if you havent tried any of the acetams before good old piracetam is where i would start. Its half life allows once a day dosing and its hydrophilic and easy to take.

Dont use DMAE, insted try lecithin or more exotic cdp-choline.DMAE is not a proper choline donator and wont help with the choline depletion in the brain level.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 07:39:11 AM »
when i went to the university i took some shit my chemstudent friend gave me, dont remember the name but they tested it on parkinson patients and it was fricking awesome, i took in evertyhing i read was like a robot, he ordered it from a company in usa called fast 400 or something like that. im gonna call my friend and here what it was, was like 8 years when i took it.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 01:16:50 PM »
when i went to the university i took some shit my chemstudent friend gave me, dont remember the name but they tested it on parkinson patients and it was fricking awesome, i took in evertyhing i read was like a robot, he ordered it from a company in usa called fast 400 or something like that. im gonna call my friend and here what it was, was like 8 years when i took it.

parkisons is a motor disorder where the dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra are destroyed, L-dopa with a dopamine decarboxylase inhibitor is the treatment of choice.

You sure you dont mean alzheimers? those drugs are more conducive to smart or nootropic drugs. Although anything that increases dopamine is usually decent for memory.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 04:59:57 PM »
i take dextroamphetamine daily, nothing wrong with it at all.

Oxiracetam is ok, its a bit more expensive and if you havent tried any of the acetams before good old piracetam is where i would start. Its half life allows once a day dosing and its hydrophilic and easy to take.

Dont use DMAE, insted try lecithin or more exotic cdp-choline.DMAE is not a proper choline donator and wont help with the choline depletion in the brain level.

If you could write a quick list of what I should take, in order of magnitude depending on level of importance, that would be awesome.

I am guessing tyrosine, lecithin, something for acetycholine?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 05:52:07 PM »
If you could write a quick list of what I should take, in order of magnitude depending on level of importance, that would be awesome.

I am guessing tyrosine, lecithin, something for acetycholine?

what exactly are your goals?

attention
concentration

anything regarding memory encoding, comprehension, stress?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »
I am not comprehending things as quickly, and having a hard time committing to memory and then recalling properly.

Taking general chemistry and there is a shit ton of things flying at me quick as it is a summer course. Having a hard time keeping up, and as the class is 6 hours long with a good 4 hours of work at home I just cannot stay sharp all day.

On top of that the calculations mentally wear me out.

I can definitely stay focused and be attentive on my own, I am highly motivated.

Hope that helps.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 10:03:15 AM »
I am not comprehending things as quickly, and having a hard time committing to memory and then recalling properly.

Taking general chemistry and there is a shit ton of things flying at me quick as it is a summer course. Having a hard time keeping up, and as the class is 6 hours long with a good 4 hours of work at home I just cannot stay sharp all day.

On top of that the calculations mentally wear me out.

I can definitely stay focused and be attentive on my own, I am highly motivated.

Hope that helps.

in that case stimulants may not be the best option for you. However, nicotine with caffeine will get you over the hump and keep you attentive.

For recall and retention i would honestly go with bacopa(it has studies specifically demonstrating this effect) and piracetam at about 1-2 grams per day. for the choline source i see no reason to get fancy, i would simply use lecithin, although cdp-choline has some interesting properties of its own with respect to memory if you want to spend the extra money. those would be a long term couple month supplementation strategy. They will take a while to reach full effect unlike stimulants, but the good thing is you can combine the stims with them in the short term.

Neuroprotective mechanisms of ayurvedic antidementia botanical Bacopa monniera.
Phytother Res. 2007 Jun 29;
Dhanasekaran M, Tharakan B, Holcomb LA, Hitt AR, Young KA, Manyam BV.

Alzheimer's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by progressive dementia. Bacopa monniera is described in the Ayurvedic Materia Medica, as a therapeutically useful herb for the treatment of cognitive impairment, thus supporting its possible anti-Alzheimer's properties. Our studies have shown that Bacopa monniera reduces beta-amyloid deposits in the brain of an Alzheimer's disease animal model. The objective of this study was to establish the presence of endogenous substances in Bacopa monniera extract (BmE) that will impact components of the oxidative stress cascade such as the reduction of divalent metals, scavenging of reactive oxygen species, alterations of lipoxygenase activity and hydrogen peroxide-induced lipid peroxidation. The extract contained polyphenols and sulfhydryl contents suggestive of endogenous antioxidant activity. The results demonstrated that BmE reduced divalent metals, dose-dependently scavenged reactive oxygen species, decreased the formation of lipid peroxides and inhibited lipoxygenase activity. These data combined with our previous studies that have shown that BmE treatment reduces beta-amyloid levels in the brain of an Alzheimer's disease doubly transgenic mouse model of rapid amyloid deposition (PSAPP mice) suggesting mechanisms of action relevant to the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Copyright (c) 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Neuroprotective role of Bacopa monniera extract against aluminium-induced oxidative stress in the hippocampus of rat brain.
Neurotoxicology. 2006 Jul;27(4):451-7. Epub 2006 Feb 24.
Jyoti A, Sharma D.

Bacopa monniera is a nerve tonic used extensively in traditional Indian medicinal system "Ayurveda". Reports regarding its various antioxidative, adaptogenic and memory enhancing roles have already appeared in the last few decades. In the present study, aluminium chloride (AlCl(3)) was used to generate neurotoxicity. We have investigated the neuroprotective effect of Bacopa extract against aluminium-induced changes in peroxidative products, such as thio-barbituric acid-reactive substance (TBA-RS) and protein carbonyl contents and superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity. Effect on lipofuscin (age pigments) accumulation and ultrastructural changes were also studied. Bacopa effects were compared with those of l-deprenyl. Co-administration of Bacopa extract during aluminium treatment significantly prevented the aluminium-induced decrease in SOD activity as well as the increased oxidative damage to lipids and proteins. Protective effect was also observed at microscopic level. Fluorescence and electron microscopic studies revealed considerable inhibition of intraneuronal lipofuscin accumulation and necrotic alteration in the CA1 region of the hippocampus. Observations showed that Bacopa's neuroprotective effects were comparable to those of l-deprenyl at both biochemical and microscopic levels.

Cigarette smoking induces heat shock protein 70 kDa expression and apoptosis in rat brain: Modulation by bacoside A.
Neuroscience. 2006;138(4):1127-35. Epub 2006 Feb 10.
Anbarasi K, Kathirvel G, Vani G, Jayaraman G, Shyamala Devi CS.

Cigarette smoking is associated with the development of several diseases and antioxidants play a major role in the prevention of smoking-related diseases. Apoptosis is suggested as a possible contributing factor in the pathogenesis of smoking-induced toxicity. Therefore the present study was designed to investigate the influence of chronic cigarette smoke exposure on apoptosis and the modulatory effect of bacoside A (triterpenoid saponin isolated from the plant Bacopa monniera) on smoking-induced apoptosis in rat brain. Adult male albino rats of Wistar strain were exposed to cigarette smoke and simultaneously administered with bacoside A (10 mg/kg b.w./day, orally) for a period of 12 weeks. Expression of brain hsp70 was analyzed by Western blotting. Apoptosis was identified by DNA fragmentation, terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase-mediated deoxy uridine triphosphate nick end labeling (TUNEL) staining and transmission electron microscopy. The results showed that exposure to cigarette smoke induced hsp70 expression and apoptosis as characterized by DNA laddering, increased TUNEL-positive cells and ultrastructural apoptotic features in the brain. Administration of bacoside A prevented expression of hsp70 and neuronal apoptosis during cigarette smoking. We speculate that apoptosis may be responsible for the smoking-induced brain damage and bacoside A can protect the brain from the toxic effects of cigarette smoking.

Study to evaluate the effect of a micro (suksma) medicine derived from Brahmi (Herpestris monierra) on students of average intelligence.
J Res Ayurved Siddha. 1993; 14(1-2): 10-24.
Abhang R.

A double-blind controlled study was carried out to evaluate the effect of a micro (suksma) medicine derived from Brahmi (Herpestris monniera) by 9 months treatment on 110 boy-students in the age range of 10-13 years and having average IQ (100). Various factors of intelligence were measured before and after treatment. Mean differences in post-testing and pre-testing IQ scores in the experimental group were statistically significant as compared to the control group on the following IQ tests: Memory (Direct) test, Arithmatic test and 4 subtests of Budhimapana test. The result is interesting since in previous studies Ayurvedic medhya rasayanas were not found effective in enhancing intelligence of average students. Long-term studies may prove still more fruitful.

The chronic effects of an extract of Bacopa monniera (Brahmi) on cognitive function in healthy human subjects.
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2001 Aug;156(4):481-4
Stough C, Lloyd J, Clarke J, Downey LA, Hutchison CW, Rodgers T, Nathan PJ.

RATIONALE: Extracts of Bacopa monniera have been reported to exert cognitive enhancing effects in animals. However, the effects on human cognition are inconclusive.
OBJECTIVE: The current study examined the chronic effects of an extract of B. monniera (Keenmind) on cognitive function in healthy human subjects.
METHODS: The study was a double-blind placebo-controlled independent-group design in which subjects were randomly allocated to one of two treatment conditions, B. monniera (300 mg) or placebo. Neuropsychological testing was conducted pre-(baseline) and at 5 and 12 weeks post drug administration.
RESULTS: B. monniera significantly improved speed of visual information processing measured by the IT task, learning rate and memory consolidation measured by the AVLT (P<0.05), and state anxiety (P<0.001)compared to placebo, with maximal effects evident after 12 weeks.
CONCLUSIONS: These findings suggest that B. monniera may improve higher order cognitive processes that are critically dependent on the input of information from our environment such as learning and memory.

Clinical evaluation of memory enhancing properties of Memory Plus in children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Indian Journal of Psychiatry, 2000 Apr; 42(2) Supplement
Negi KS, Singh YD, Kushwaha KP, Rastogi CK, Rathi AK, Srivastava JS, Asthana OP, Gupta RC, Lucknow G.

Memory Plus consists of standardised extract (active constituent identified as Bacosides A & B) from the plant Bacopa monniera, commonly known as Brahmi. Bacosides have undergone extensive pharmacological and toxicity evaluation at Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow. They facilitate acquisition, consolidation and retention of newly acquired behavioural responses in animal models. The safety and tolerability studies in healthy volunteers have shown them to be safe after single and multiple dose administration. The present study was undertaken to evaluate the memory enhancing properties of Memory Plus in children suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). In this trial a double blind randomised placebo controlled design was employed. The treatment was assigned to each patient as per random allocation (Memory Plus or placebo). A total of 36 patients were selected as per DSM-IV criteria of ADHD. Of these, 19 patients received Memory Plus (50 mg bd x 12 weeks) and 17 were given placebo. The active drug treatment was followed by a 4 week placebo administration, making the total duration of the trial 16 week in both groups. One patient in the Memory Plus group and 6 in the placebo group dropped out. The mean age was 8.3 years and 9.3 years in Memory Plus and placebo group respectively. The male to female ratio was 5 : 1 in Memory Plus group and 3 : 1 in placebo group. The children were evaluated on a battery of tests (personal information, mental control, sentence repetition, logical memory, word recall (meaningful), digit span test, world recall (non-meaningful), delayed response learning, picture recall and paired associate learning) before (0-day), during drug administration (+4, +8 and +12 weeks) and at the end of the study (+16 weeks). The data analysis has revealed a significant improvement on sentence repetiton, logical memory and paired associate learning following 12 weeks administration of Memory Plus. This improvement was maintained as 16 weeks evaluation conducted after 4 weeks withdrawal of Memory Plus. During the clinical trial Memory Plus has shown excellent tolerability and no drug related adverse effects were reported.

Antioxidant activity of Bacopa monniera in rat frontal cortex, striatum and hippocampus.
Phytother Res 2000 May; 14(3): 174-9
Bhattacharya SK, Bhattacharya A, Kumar A, Ghosal S.

The effect of a standardized extract of Bacopa monniera Linn. was assessed on rat brain frontal cortical, striatal and hippocampal superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT) and glutathione peroxidase (GPX) activities, following administration for 7, 14 or 21 days. The effects induced by this extract (bacoside A content 82% +/- 0.5%), administered in doses of 5 and 10 mg/kg, orally, were compared with the effects induced by (-) deprenyl (2 mg/kg, p. o.) administered for the same time periods. Bacopa monniera (BM) induced a dose-related increase in SOD, CAT and GPX activities, in all the brain regions investigated, after 14 and 21 days of drug administration. On the contrary, deprenyl induced an increase in SOD, CAT and GPX activities in the frontal cortex and striatum, but not in the hippocampus, after treatment for 14 or 21 days. The results suggest that BM, like deprenyl, exhibits a significant antioxidant effect after subchronic administration which, unlike the latter, extends to the hippocampus as well. The results suggest that the increase in oxidative free radical scavenging activity by BM may explain, at least in part, the cognition- facilitating action of BM, recorded in Ayurvedic texts, and demonstrated experimentally and clinically. Copyright 2000 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 02:06:54 AM »
Hey Necrosis, if you get a chance

Having done some research, I believe I want to try Pramiracetam stacked with either oxyracetam or aniracetam, some choline citrate, provigil (probably spelling that wrong) and possibly adding some bacopa and taurine, possibly NAC if I have the cash. What do you think? Add/remove anything? What dosing scheme would you recommend? I am taking tough science classes, including 0-chem, I cannot afford to mess around...

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 02:55:24 PM »
Dude if you're having tough time in general & o-chem...like failing.

I suggest you switch majors. You'll be better off in long run.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »
If you can find it Desoxyn on pharmaceutical methamphetamine is the best stimulant you can take believe it or not.  However, street meth has tarnished this drugs reputation so many shrinks are put off on prescribing it, even though its not anything like street meth when used legitimately.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 03:17:21 PM »
Dude if you're having tough time in general & o-chem...like failing.

I suggest you switch majors. You'll be better off in long run.

If I fail them I would consider your advice. The classes are tough, but very doable. I am no dummy.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 05:30:27 PM »
Why don't you just make sure your studying is on point, and your sleeping is regular. You should have no need for any exotic brain cocktails, which probably won't work.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 08:39:05 PM »
Why don't you just make sure your studying is on point, and your sleeping is regular. You should have no need for any exotic brain cocktails, which probably won't work.

SHOULDN'T but man, some of the asians in my class, it's like they NEVER freaking struggle! I have to work really hard to get this material, and I get ok grades, but when I hear teach say 2 students got 105/106 pts on the last exam, it really dampens my spirit...Makes me feel stupid...I bust my ass to get decent B's on these exams, and that's nothing you know...I hope some of these products can even me up. I KILL biology, english, physics...But for some reason chemistry is really tough for me, just like upper division math...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 09:11:02 PM »
Try not to drink a bottle of Jack Daniels every day, that might be a good start.