Author Topic: A Romney presidency  (Read 1719 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: A Romney presidency
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 10:32:13 AM »

Everything went off the rails once pelosi and reid took over and bush mailed it in.   Look it up. 

That's not true either...

Everything went all the rails because the housing market was destined to collapse after about 2002 when housing prices went sky high.

So no... That's not accurate.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2012, 10:35:44 AM »
Obama was supposed to fix that. He didn't. So why does he deserve to be re-elected, again?

he was supposed to fix black UE ?

I thought he was working on UE for everyone and it's not like Mitt has any plan for UE

His suggestion would be for everyone to borrowr money from their parents and start a business

I'm actually amazed that anyone who listens to what Romeny has said and looks at the fact believes he can do anything

His suggestions (cut taxes, drastically cut spending except for defense of course) will do much more harm than good

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 10:37:21 AM »
As opposed to who the govt?  Why should people consider other taxpayers their bank of first resort?

What is with you communist marxists wanting everyone to borrow off the other taxpayers.  Mittens was dead right about that. 

he was supposed to fix black UE ?

I thought he was working on UE for everyone and it's not like Mitt has any plan for UE

His suggestion would be for everyone to borrowr money from their parents and start a business

I'm actually amazed that anyone who listens to what Romeny has said and looks at the fact believes he can do anything

His suggestions (cut taxes, drastically cut spending except for defense of course) will do much more harm than good

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 10:53:53 AM »
As opposed to who the govt?  Why should people consider other taxpayers their bank of first resort?

What is with you communist marxists wanting everyone to borrow off the other taxpayers.  Mittens was dead right about that. 

isn't there where you got your school loans and mortgage - weren't they govt guaranteed loans ?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 12:04:39 PM »
Bush?  Why bring up Bush at this point?  Clinton left Bush a big mess, but nobody ever talks about that.  All they talk about is how great the economy was under Clinton and how he left Bush a surplus.  Yeah, right:

"President Clinton's tenure was characterized by economic prosperity and financial deregulation, which in many ways set the stage for the excesses of recent years. Among his biggest strokes of free-wheeling capitalism was the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which repealed the Glass-Steagall Act, a cornerstone of Depression-era regulation. He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods."
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1877351_1877350_1877322,00.html

In 2001, right after Bush took office, there was a recession that drove many good companies out of business and left many unemployed.  You gonna blame that on Bush too?  It was the mess Clinton left him.

But the one thing that most contributed to the worse recession since The Great Depression was Clinton's decision not to regulate derivatives, even though he had been warned that his decision would soon leave people in the US and around the world jobless, homeless, hungry, that they would lose their 401K, their savings and that it would be the worst recession since the great depression.  Clinton had a chance to prevent this mess, but he chose to do nothing.  Bush did not get that chance.

Now Obama has had a chance too, four years do regulate derivatives.  But he is still working on some BS law that won't fix anything.  Romney may not do anything about this either.  But Obama had his chance and failed.  It's time to give somebody else a chance.

Lol The (very few honest) dem tried wall st reform but the party who wants to remove wall st oversight is gonna fix it?

They are gonna make it worse

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »
Lol The (very few honest) dem tried wall st reform but the party who wants to remove wall st oversight is gonna fix it?

They are gonna make it worse

I did not say Romney is gonna fix it.  I said Clinton and Obama had their shot, and they both blew it.  Time to give somebody else a chance.

If this doesn't get fixed, it doesn't matter if/when the economy recovers.  There will be more frequent and more severe recessions, each worse than the previous one.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 12:33:02 PM »
I did not say Romney is gonna fix it.  I said Clinton and Obama had their shot, and they both blew it.  Time to give somebody else a chance.

If this doesn't get fixed, it doesn't matter if/when the economy recovers.  There will be more frequent and more severe recessions, each worse than the previous one.

Didn't the Republicans have 8 years to try to fix it?

8 years to work on healthcare?

The problem is that when they ARE in charge, they don't seem to do shit with it.

Don't get me wrong, the Dems are fuckups... the fucked up healthcare and they fucked up wall st. reform, but they at least seem to try.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
Didn't the Republicans have 8 years to try to fix it?

8 years to work on healthcare?

The problem is that when they ARE in charge, they don't seem to do shit with it.

Don't get me wrong, the Dems are fuckups... the fucked up healthcare and they fucked up wall st. reform, but they at least seem to try.

The Republicans had 8 years to pass laws to regulate derivatives?  When?  Under Bush?  The one person who warned Clinton about the coming great recession because of his decision not to regulate derivatives was told to shut up and she resigned, while Clinton was in office.

The crap didn't hit the fan until the end of Bush's 8 years.  So Clinton had an opportunity to prevent this recession, and Obama has had an opportunity to prevent the next great recession.  Both of them have failed.  Time to give someone else a chance, whether it's Romney or Gary Johnson.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 12:50:36 PM »

The Republicans had 8 years to pass laws to regulate derivatives?  When?  Under Bush?  The one person who warned Clinton about the coming great recession because of his decision not to regulate derivatives was told to shut up and she resigned, while Clinton was in office.

The crap didn't hit the fan until the end of Bush's 8 years.  So Clinton had an opportunity to prevent this recession, and Obama has had an opportunity to prevent the next great recession.  Both of them have failed.  Time to give someone else a chance, whether it's Romney or Gary Johnson.

I support Gary Johnson... That's who I'm voting for.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »
I support Gary Johnson... That's who I'm voting for.

Gary Johnson's tha man.    ;D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
I did not say Romney is gonna fix it.  I said Clinton and Obama had their shot, and they both blew it.  Time to give somebody else a chance.

If this doesn't get fixed, it doesn't matter if/when the economy recovers.  There will be more frequent and more severe recessions, each worse than the previous one.

If you cut taxes by 20 and increase military spending you are looking at a meltdown. Throw in a couple of wars and it will be 08 before you know it

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 02:10:58 PM »
If you cut taxes by 20 and increase military spending you are looking at a meltdown. Throw in a couple of wars and it will be 08 before you know it

The derivatives market already proved to be more than capable of bringing down the economy very quickly.  In fact, what happened in 2008 almost happened on Clinton's watch.  But the economy was secretly bailed out by private banks and few people even knew about this at the time.  And it won't be 08 ever again, it will be a lot worse.  Warren Buffett calls derivatives "weapons of mass destruction" for a reason.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »
The derivatives market already proved to be more than capable of bringing down the economy very quickly.  In fact, what happened in 2008 almost happened on Clinton's watch.  But the economy was secretly bailed out by private banks and few people even knew about this at the time.  And it won't be 08 ever again, it will be a lot worse.  Warren Buffett calls derivatives "weapons of mass destruction" for a reason.

Good post

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2012, 08:03:11 AM »

I wish Obama had lost, but he won and I accept it.  The derivatives market lives on, and recessions will become more frequent and more severe.    :'(