Author Topic: Ladies....Are We Interested In Resurrecting The Womens Section???  (Read 63975 times)

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
  • How the f%@k do you post personal pics?
Re: Ladies....Are We Interested In Resurrecting The Womens Section???
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
Just seeing this and I'm down.  ;)

Haven't read all the replies yet, but I'm still down.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 05:39:48 PM »
Like what?

I haven't seen it yet.

How old is this trash.

There are two members who took great joy in posting personal/private info of some of the female members here. Just ask Runningmom and W8M8.

The antagonistic bullshit has pacified a bit in recent years, but if someone offered me "protection," I'd take it!

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 05:45:56 PM »
ok, just read the whole thing and same response.

As as dudes posting here, whatever the majority/rules say, works for me.

Ain't gonna lie...theres a couple guys on here...that if they droped dead in front of me I'd step right over their stinking carcass  :D

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 05:49:26 PM »
There are two members who took great joy in posting personal/private info of some of the female members here. Just ask Runningmom and W8M8.
The antagonistic bullshit has pacified a bit in recent years, but if someone offered me "protection," I'd take it!

BAN HAMMER.

Easy.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 07:53:57 PM »
I don't know about men needing permission to post here...that would be like restricting women from a men's section, and it also implies that women need protection. And like kini said, the women we want are boss a$$ bichez
It's true.

I'm suspecting the board wasn't being moderated properly if it got that out of control. But whatev.....shit happens. Lol @ a chick getting banned three times. WTF do you have to do to get banned 3 times hahahahaha.  :D

I think men should be allowed without permission as well. Most people on this board are actually well behaved believe it or not.

Again, the rules are in place for a reason, however lame it may seem.  Ron does not want this section to be a mini G & O. There were no bigger "ginas" than the ones mentioned above. Each and every one of them held their own (there were others too). There were several more/other mods as well.    Everyone has a limit.

BAN HAMMER.

Easy.

Honestly  ::)  for someone so highly educated, you can say some pretty birdbrained things.  Don't be so naive.

There's pages and pages of good old stuff.  Happy reading & feel free to resurrect.
:

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 08:10:28 PM »
ok, just read the whole thing and same response.

As as dudes posting here, whatever the majority/rules say, works for me.

Ain't gonna lie...theres a couple guys on here...that if they droped dead in front of me I'd step right over their stinking carcass  :D

if it's the guys we've discussed,  you could probably do that with them standing perfectly upright. I don't know, I've decided not to be offended anymore when the person speaking is only dick-height, even on their tiptoes.  just saying.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 10:13:37 PM »
Again, the rules are in place for a reason, however lame it may seem.  Ron does not want this section to be a mini G & O. There were no bigger "ginas" than the ones mentioned above. Each and every one of them held their own (there were others too). There were several more/other mods as well.    Everyone has a limit.

Honestly  ::)  for someone so highly educated, you can say some pretty birdbrained things.  Don't be so naive.

There's pages and pages of good old stuff.  Happy reading & feel free to resurrect.

Oh fuck off. Don't resort to insults just because you don't like the fact that not everyone agrees with you and Ron.

I can see you are not open to change.

Why would we want to go back and bump old threads. New ladies, new discussions, new training and diet methods, etc.

It seems to me Rons original vision just isn't flying since this section is so dead. The women want a bit of "oomph" for lack of a better term.

We can have some sass without the type of bullshit that goes on and G&O.

It would be a new concept....which is why this discussion came to light.

If nothing is going to change nobody is going to want to post here.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 10:16:29 PM »
if it's the guys we've discussed,  you could probably do that with them standing perfectly upright. I don't know, I've decided not to be offended anymore when the person speaking is only dick-height, even on their tiptoes.  just saying.

The girls here are tougher than the ones before.

Smarter too. I think everybody is smart enough to realize that if you post on Getbig you are at risk for having personal information hunted down. Some of just don't care. Some do and guard it with their life.

It's a new flock of ladies that seem to hold their own in Gossip and Opinions.....so they would do just fine in a woman only section. We don't want another love fest like SuxCountry or snorefest like RX Women.

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2014, 10:18:24 PM »

Wasn't sailor manlet...but the funny thing about that one??? I think sufficiently shut his pie hole!  ;D

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 11:30:56 PM »

Smarter too. I think everybody is smart enough to realize that if you post on Getbig you are at risk for having personal information hunted down. Some of just don't care. Some do and guard it with their life.

It's a new flock of ladies that seem to hold their own in Gossip and Opinions.....so they would do just fine in a woman only section. We don't want another love fest like SuxCountry or snorefest like RX Women.
sorry BS,  you actually have no idea what is going on here. I was responding to ECC about a conversation that you were neither aware of nor involved in.  she and I were offended by specific, current members of getbig, but when I found out that one in particular was  gnome-height, I stopped taking his attacks seriously.
 You know, it's like imagine if you heard that a lynch mob was coming to your house, but when they got there, they were all as tall as a pack of housecats. Sure, you're still mad that these people came to lynch you, but instead of flipping your shit, you're just going to piss on the lot of them and go back in the house.  right?

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 05:08:44 AM »
As written in the description of what Ron wanted this board to be when he first created it:

"Some male members of Getbig have been known to purposely offend women on this site which has resulted in very few women posting here and has discouraged others from joining.

In an effort to make current female members of Getbig feel comfortable and to encourage other females to register and participate, males must be approved by the moderators in order to be able to post on this particular board."

When this particular board was first started, Ron wanted NO males posting here.  Initially, we had to delete them all.  After talking to him about it, he agreed that if they could participate without causing problems they should be allowed to post here.  That is where the "agreement to the rules" element came from.

This board was very busy and fun for years.  Even people that had feuds on the other boards would normally be civil to one another here.  And if they weren't, they would be edited or deleted (and warned if necessary).  This went both ways; for males and for females.

Very noble to have a safe place for women!
Keeping all men out is indeed not an option. Approving some males is better, but not the best solution. It is also unclear on what grounds a male would be approved or not (or maybe I did not read the rules carefully enough?).
Maybe a moderator should not look at who posted but what he or she posted and apply rules for editing or removing the post on that, instead of deleting all post from unapproved males indifferent of their content. Yes, that would call for heavy moderating.

More men posting here seriously could make a discussion more lively and therefore attract more women to join.

When threats and outings became more of the norm, less people post on the whole of getbig and of course this affects this board as well.  I'm not going to post details here regarding the threats and who they came from, but it is important to know that if you reveal information about yourself, and then someone gets butthurt by you or decides they don't like you, they may "internet stalk" you and will possibly find out your information.  What they do with it then depends on that person.

Restricting a man from posting here will not restrict him from reading here and post ownings on a different part of GB!

For now the rules will remain unless Ron wants them gone.  It shouldn't be that painful to agree to be civil to each other on here.
If these guidelines are too harsh for you and you want to make your own board, but stay in the female section, start posting on the Fitness/Figure area.[/color]
OK, but...
You could take this point up on your next consultation. And if GB is a democracy, you could do a survey amongst female GB'ers to see what they want.

I hardly visit the other womens boards. Theres not much discussion there, seems to me only a collage of pictures. Not very inviting.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 05:29:52 AM »

I respectfully disagree...and not out of chauvinistic spite - there is some REAL TRASH on this board. 

I don't know how servere it got. I read along with my hubby, but reading along and partaking are not the same. You don't get that 'feeling' for the board and what's going on.

As it is now, I would say kick out the trash (and kick hard!) and don't build a guilden cage for women.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 05:47:41 AM »
There's pages and pages of good old stuff.  Happy reading & feel free to resurrect.

Why would we want to go back and bump old threads. New ladies, new discussions, new training and diet methods, etc.

Would be like asking your grandma for advice. Not bad, but perhaps not really up to date.  ;D

If GB wants more females actively participating it needs a lively discussion. Bumping old dusty threats is not a way to invite people to join that discussion.

I was a moderator on a different (medical) forum a few years back. We deleted all topics of which the newest post was older than X months. Yes, some questions were asked frequently, but soon other members than the moderators started to answer these. The board was lively and fresh, and visitors got the latest info, specific to their needs.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2014, 06:29:11 AM »
sorry BS,  you actually have no idea what is going on here. I was responding to ECC about a conversation that you were neither aware of nor involved in.  she and I were offended by specific, current members of getbig, but when I found out that one in particular was  gnome-height, I stopped taking his attacks seriously.
 You know, it's like imagine if you heard that a lynch mob was coming to your house, but when they got there, they were all as tall as a pack of housecats. Sure, you're still mad that these people came to lynch you, but instead of flipping your shit, you're just going to piss on the lot of them and go back in the house.  right?

;D lololol

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 11:12:29 AM »
sorry BS,  you actually have no idea what is going on here. I was responding to ECC about a conversation that you were neither aware of nor involved in she and I were offended by specific, current members of getbig, but when I found out that one in particular was  gnome-height, I stopped taking his attacks seriously. You know, it's like imagine if you heard that a lynch mob was coming to your house, but when they got there, they were all as tall as a pack of housecats. Sure, you're still mad that these people came to lynch you, but instead of flipping your shit, you're just going to piss on the lot of them and go back in the house.  right?

What are you talking about? My response had nothing to do with anything that occurred with you and ECC. It wasn't directed toward a specific incident at all.

It was a generalization about what occurs with everybody on the board.

What's this incident all about that you're referring to? I completely missed out on this.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2014, 11:19:54 AM »

W8M8 was no push-over, and could dish it as well as anyone, yet she was targeted repeatedly and eventually run off.

Ron had only great intentions in starting this board in effort to attract more female members. If you honestly feel a change may benefit today's climate, I encourage you to present your case to him. Ron is honestly interested in generating more activity to the site - particularly females. If he agrees, I am certain he will be happy to oblige.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 12:29:45 PM »
What are you talking about? My response had nothing to do with anything that occurred with you and ECC. It wasn't directed toward a specific incident at all.

It was a generalization about what occurs with everybody on the board.

What's this incident all about that you're referring to? I completely missed out on this.
You quoted me, so I assumed that meant you were directly responding to what I said. I was informing you that you couldn't possibly respond to what I'd said, since you had no idea what it referred to. You're right though - I shouldn't have assumed a quote meant it was a direct response.

I would rather not publicly discuss what happened actually, because it involves race relations and getbig - a futile matter, at best. People on getbig are NOTORIOUSLY racist as fuck, so I generally save my bitching for other black people.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 04:04:37 PM »
You quoted me, so I assumed that meant you were directly responding to what I said. I was informing you that you couldn't possibly respond to what I'd said, since you had no idea what it referred to. You're right though - I shouldn't have assumed a quote meant it was a direct response.

I would rather not publicly discuss what happened actually, because it involves race relations and getbig - a futile matter, at best. People on getbig are NOTORIOUSLY racist as fuck, so I generally save my bitching for other black people.

Yeah blacks libs and women have to turn off/forget their identity in order to enjoy themselves here.

Oh and people who are gay

And trannies.

BASICALLY BE A REPUBLICAN STRAIGHT WHITE MALE

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »
Yeah blacks libs and women have to turn off/forget their identity in order to enjoy themselves here.

And trannies.

Yeah, I am the polar opposite of basically all of that.
Well, except for the tranny bit. I'm still the sex and gender I was assigned at birth. But black, liberal, female, and non-hetero...check, check, check, check. This place really tests the limits of my self-control at times, because you can't spend 24/7 arguing if you want to be part of a discussion.

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 05:40:34 PM »
Well, except for the tranny bit. I'm still the sex and gender I was assigned at birth. But black, liberal, female, and non-hetero...check, check, check, check. This place really tests the limits of my self-control at times, because you can't spend 24/7 arguing if you want to be part of a discussion.

Thats precisely why I barely post. The idiocy and foolishness runs rampant around these parts. IRL I am by NO MEANS quiet and standoffish but the "ick" and "bullshit" is on 10 constantly with some of these asswipes.

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »

And trannies.

Pretty much this.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 05:44:10 PM »

Yeah no. Wasn't responding to you....don't know why I quoted you.

I don't even understand racism. It's a pointless thing.

Regardless I haven't seen racism here. In this section. It's rampant on G&O.  >:( Maybe I have missed it. We can report it to the mods instantly if need be.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2014, 05:45:30 PM »
Thats precisely why I barely post. The idiocy and foolishness runs rampant around these parts. IRL I am by NO MEANS quiet and standoffish but the "ick" and "bullshit" is on 10 constantly with some of these asswipes.

Which is why we'll get this section going.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2014, 08:31:08 PM »

Initially it frustrated me, and it does take a very self confident woman to not let this stuff break you down, but there's no use arguing with someone whose beliefs were inherited and not developed on their own accord.

I'd love to go all, "social constructs!" "equality!" "double standard!" "hegemony!" on their ass...

TEH boob

• Getbig IV