Author Topic: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!  (Read 40130 times)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
Re: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2007, 07:41:58 AM »
LMFAO! @ this thread.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2007, 08:11:48 AM »
I can't believe some of you think UFC is a highly evolved deadliest form of combat. hahahahahahahahha

That is where the 3rd tier fighters go because they are afraid of getting destroyed in a boxing ring or k-1 ring!
just push some weight!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2007, 08:15:52 AM »
I can't believe some of you think UFC is a highly evolved deadliest form of combat. hahahahahahahahha

That is where the 3rd tier fighters go because they are afraid of getting destroyed in a boxing ring or k-1 ring!
You think boxing is a highly evolved deadly form of combat? :-\ When was the last time you saw a fight where each fighter stayed on their feet, only hit above the belt, and when the other falls, didn't keep coming after him?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2007, 08:18:17 AM »
You think boxing is a highly evolved deadly form of combat? :-\ When was the last time you saw a fight where each fighter stayed on their feet, only hit above the belt, and when the other falls, didn't keep coming after him?

Boxers would totally destroy any guy in the street. Heck there has been lots of people testing Tyson and look at what hapened to them! 2 guys at a time and they still got knocked out. Now UFC is all about the streets.
just push some weight!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2007, 08:20:14 AM »
Boxers would totally destroy any guy in the street. Heck there has been lots of people testing Tyson and look at what hapened to them! 2 guys at a time and they still got knocked out. Now UFC is all about the streets.
Top tier boxer against top tier MMA, the only situation a boxer would win in, would be a boxing match. MMA style, street fight, wrestling, any other sort of fight, the MMA fighter would absolutely dominate.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2007, 08:29:57 AM »
It is complete insanity to think a professional boxer could take on a professional mma fighter in a no holds bar fight...The mma fighter would close the gap between them and bring to boxer to the ground so fast it wouldn't be funny...Then the mma fighter would have his choice of to either choke the boxer out or just snap his arm or leg(Not to mention totally ground and pound the boxer)...You have to be serious when you are comparing the fighting skills both have and are trained to use...I wish Mayweather would take on a professional mma fighter and have his ass handed to him...I think it would sell like hell as a pay-per-view event...I know I would pay to watch Mayweather get owned in less than 2 minutes just to shut him up... ;D
You Can't Do It!!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2007, 08:31:27 AM »
hahaha mayweather is too fast for any UFC "fighter"
just push some weight!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2007, 09:18:06 AM »
i realy cant see it bein too hard to pick up basic skills needed to for groundwork ( or gay groping as it should be called) especialy for a technichian like mayweather,,,,,, and no holds barred, 21yr old tryson would totaly destroy anyone, he grew up fighting on street corners before he honed his skills

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2007, 09:27:16 AM »
firstly,, theres no such thing as a soccer kick, football is a worldwide game only americans choose to call it soccer

and yep, id put a 21 yr old tyson against anyone no kidding, in a ring, in a street,,,, anywhere
Don't agree. Pure speculation, but I believe an "in his prime" Tyson would knock CroCop the fuck out.
!

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2007, 09:28:49 AM »
i realy cant see it bein too hard to pick up basic skills needed to for groundwork ( or gay groping as it should be called) especialy for a technichian like mayweather,,,,,, and no holds barred, 21yr old tryson would totaly destroy anyone, he grew up fighting on street corners before he honed his skills

Clearly you've never wrestled a day in your life.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2007, 09:33:44 AM »
never get that close to another man, only wrestling i do is with our lass

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2007, 09:39:58 AM »
Don't agree. Pure speculation, but I believe and "in his prime" Tyson would knock CroCop the fuck out.

You are talking about two totally different fighter's with Tyson and Mayweather...Tyson, in his prime, was devastating at closed in positions...I have never seen a fighter past or present that has Tyson's power at a wrapped up position...Tyson could throw short right hooks and short uppercuts with more power than most heavyweights could throw in general...
You Can't Do It!!!

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2007, 09:42:02 AM »

Most retarded comment I've ever heard.
Team Willet
Max-OT

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2007, 09:47:19 AM »
Most retarded comment I've ever heard.

Epic truth. I did boxing when I was younger, and I had a decent record, but when I tried out for high school wrestling, I got my ass absolutely handed to me.

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2007, 09:57:23 AM »
Boxing is harder then UFC. Afterall UFC "fighters" just fall to the ground and wait for their "opponent" to wrestle like homosexuals.

Boxing looks more civilized and much prettier to watch but wrestling dominates UFC fights for one single reason, it works.  Royce Gracie proved this a dozen times over by owning everyone in the ring.  Guys 60 lbs heavier than him would tap out like little school girls.  Until the payday's the same for UFC as it is for boxing there's gonna be a lot of smack talk.  Fortunately with UFC's growing popularity and boxing's dwindling popularity we may not have to wait for very long.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2007, 10:03:21 AM »
Epic truth. I did boxing when I was younger, and I had a decent record, but when I tried out for high school wrestling, I got my ass absolutely handed to me.

I played football and ran track in high school and was pretty strong for a high school kid. The wrestling coaches always tried to get me to go out, but was always the guy to say "I aint puttin on spandex and rollin around with another dude"  My senior year I said what the hell and went out for wrestling.  I had a winning record and won most of my matches with muscle, but I got my ass handed to me in the worst way when I went up against guys who had been wrestling since they were young.  Wrestling was 100 times harder than any other sport I had ever played and to think someone could pick up on those skills easily is just plain retarded.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2007, 10:03:48 AM »
Personally I would rather pay to go watch a championship UFC over any boxing championship...There are so many ways for the UFC fighters to win and things can change in a second even if you are getting your ass beat...It is by far more entertaining than boxing these days...I lost interest in boxing after Tyson's reign as champ...
You Can't Do It!!!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2007, 10:19:17 AM »
Top tier boxer against top tier MMA, the only situation a boxer would win in, would be a boxing match. MMA style, street fight, wrestling, any other sort of fight, the MMA fighter would absolutely dominate.
I enjoy mma, and was doing "mma" before it was called "mma", as I have been involved in martial arts for about 20 years. I trained mostly in "non-traditional" arts. All I can say is, it is silly to make such blanket statements as the above post. You have to look at the ATTRIBUTES of the fighters you are dealing with, not just their so-called skill set. Are these mma fighters you speak of in great condition (because they aren't always)? Is the boxer a naturally gifted athlete, or just someone with "heavy hands"?

You are going to tell me any mma fighter would "absolutely dominate" an in-his-prime Tyson, Benard Hopkins, Shane Mosely, or any number of other boxers in a street fight? Seriously, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Boxing is a HIGHLY effective form of self-defense for the streets. It may be limited in its arsenal, but on a concrete sidewalk or alleyway it isn't exactly the best idea to be fighting on the ground. Standing toe-to-toe with a professional boxer could cause you to get knocked out without you even seeing the punch coming. And having sparred with a couple of professional boxers, I know how hard they can be to even hit once, given their hand and head movement.

In an mma fight, the mma fighter clearly has the advantage. Logic should tell you that. In boxing, the boxer would have the advantage. Again, that is simple logic. But on the street where ANYTHING goes? It's the attributes of the fighters that will be a huge factor. A young Tyson in a street fight would bite CroCop's nuts off if he had to before punching Mirko harder than he has ever been hit in his life. I am not saying Fedor or CroCop wouldn't stand a chance...of course they would. They are tough guys with a lot of ring and cage experience. But never forget, UFC...PRIDE...BoreDog... IFL...these are all sporting organizations with rules and regulations. A streetfight IS NOT A SPORT AND THERE AREN'T ANY RULES.

That said, I'm done with this thread. These kinds of debates go in circles and most don't listen to those who know.  >:( 
!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2007, 10:22:29 AM »
I enjoy mma, and was doing "mma" before it was called "mma", as I have been involved in martial arts for about 20 years. I trained mostly in "non-traditional" arts. All I can say is, it is silly to make such blanket statements as the above post. You have to look at the ATTRIBUTES of the fighters you are dealing with, not just their so-called skill set. Are these mma fighters you speak of in great condition (because they aren't always)? Is the boxer a naturally gifted athlete, or just someone with "heavy hands"?

You are going to tell me any mma fighter would "absolutely dominate" an in-his-prime Tyson, Benard Hopkins, Shane Mosely, or any number of other boxers in a street fight? Seriously, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Boxing is a HIGHLY effective form of self-defense for the streets. It may be limited in its arsenal, but on a concrete sidewalk or alleyway it isn't exactly the best idea to be fighting on the ground. Standing toe-to-toe with a professional boxer could cause you to get knocked out without you even seeing the punch coming. And having sparred with a couple of professional boxers, I know how hard they can be to even hit once, given their hand and head movement.

In an mma fight, the mma fighter clearly has the advantage. Logic should tell you that. In boxing, the boxer would have the advantage. Again, that is simple logic. But on the street where ANYTHING goes? It's the attributes of the fighters that will be a huge factor. A young Tyson in a street fight would bite CroCop's nuts off if he had to before punching Mirko harder than he has ever been hit in his life. I am not saying Fedor or CroCop wouldn't stand a chance...of course they would. They are tough guys with a lot of ring and cage experience. But never forget, UFC...PRIDE...BoreDog... IFL...these are all sporting organizations with rules and regulations. A streetfight IS NOT A SPORT AND THERE AREN'T ANY RULES.

That said, I'm done with this thread. These kinds of debates go in circles and most don't listen to those who know.  >:( 

I agree 100% with this statement. You clearly are an experienced fighter.
just push some weight!

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2007, 10:25:12 AM »
This thread is retarded.

Floyd mayweather would destroy any of the hobos that are in the UFC in a pure boxing match. He makes actual boxers look like they are moving in molases.

If they would fight by UFC "rules" (and that term is a paradox in itself) obviously he would lose.

Exactly!!!  I do think ufc guys are athletes but the other comments are true 100%.

dylan_dent

• Getbig II
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2007, 12:11:21 PM »
Boxers fight with only half of their bodies. Its as simple as that. It doesnt take much more than an IQ of 100 to understand the disadvantage. (Clearly many here fall into the lower end of the scale.)

The thread can be locked now.

D

mojo jojo

• Getbig I
  • ive got something in my pocket
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2007, 12:16:52 PM »
a sumo wrestler would destroy any mma fighters, then theyd take there wife or gay lover out for a nice meal, possibly skipping the foreplay and straight down to sumo sex action.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2007, 02:11:30 PM »
I hope this fight happens, because the opinions seem to be 50/50 on who would win.  Very interesting.

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2007, 06:26:39 PM »
Well I have read a lot of history and know Wrestling is the older of the two sports.  Wrestling predates the Greeks, even before the Trojan war...boxing was a sport the Etruscans and Lombards partook in, mainly at funerals and such.  IMO, in a wild world (and the old world was wild, whatever fantasy you may have of it's romantic setting) if you lose a wrestling match-type confrontation, you are dead.  If one were to lose a boxing confrontation, he has simply been punched too hard and can retreat.  I think Boxing represents the whole organized military culture of the Roman legion and beyond, whereas Wrestling represents the internal drive and discipline of the Hoplite and earlier fighters.

I was in a street fight once where I was really jacked at the time and the guy punched me in the head, didn't even faze me.  His intent was battery with a deadly weapon (a baseball bat was later produced) but before the bat was given to him I wasn't really afraid of a punch and just planned on wrapping him up and slamming him into his truck, easiest way to end it in my mind. So yes punching may seem scary if too combatants AGREE to enter the conflict as such but when it comes down too it, a no holds barred type of fight would end up in submission and slamming movements, as well as punches.

Its like this documentary I saw once with a Dutch sensai.  He said they always have knife fighting clinics that teach that a knife fight would be like a mini-sword fight.  This would never happen, it would be a backstabbing attack OR one on defense to disarm and the other wildly slashing or thrusting.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2007, 10:44:36 PM »

you act like tyson was the 1st human to bite somebody.

if he can do it, so can others.

how about the russian fighters like vovchanchyn, fedor and his brother, etc. that grew up in russia during the communist period.

igor grew up in a village in urkraine, where he literally had to fight for his survival.  much different than being a punk kid living in new york city.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)